Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sir Kier Starmer 12:06 - Dec 12 with 2476 viewscontroversial_jack

Great speech, fair play!
Sir Kier Starmer on 12:13 - Dec 12 with 1718 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Did he actually say how we solve all the UK problems? Any actual details on his policies ?

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Sir Kier Starmer on 12:22 - Dec 12 with 1705 viewsonehunglow

E before I
Mun

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Sir Kier Starmer on 13:01 - Dec 12 with 1668 viewscontroversial_jack

Sir Kier Starmer on 12:13 - Dec 12 by felixstowe_jack

Did he actually say how we solve all the UK problems? Any actual details on his policies ?

That would be in their manifesto
Sir Kier Starmer on 13:26 - Dec 12 with 1651 viewsScotia

The answer to the first question is to eliminate the root cause of most of them. The Tory Government.
Sir Kier Starmer on 13:43 - Dec 12 with 1633 viewsBoundy

Really not sure what he said made you all a quiver . No substance when questioned on the Rwanda issue in fact he very woolly when questioned on how the crisis in the NHS would be tackled .
No change I'm afraid and If he wants to win the next election he needs to do much better.

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Sir Kier Starmer on 13:46 - Dec 12 with 1629 viewsonehunglow

Sir Kier Starmer on 13:43 - Dec 12 by Boundy

Really not sure what he said made you all a quiver . No substance when questioned on the Rwanda issue in fact he very woolly when questioned on how the crisis in the NHS would be tackled .
No change I'm afraid and If he wants to win the next election he needs to do much better.

It’s a shame the Tories saw Ruth Davidson leave.
A humble individual with intellect and one that could have had real appeal to the many .
Rory Stewart too

Sir Kier Starmer on 13:48 - Dec 12 with 1621 viewsBoundy

Sir Kier Starmer on 13:46 - Dec 12 by onehunglow

A humble individual with intellect and one that could have had real appeal to the many .
Rory Stewart too

She's now a radio presenter on Times radio , a decent listen on times.

Sir Kier Starmer on 13:51 - Dec 12 with 1618 viewsonehunglow

Sir Kier Starmer on 13:48 - Dec 12 by Boundy

She's now a radio presenter on Times radio , a decent listen on times.

What a loss.
She would have slaughtered Corbin for all time and Starmerctoo.
Tories commit civil war too often.
Their own worse enemy

Login to get fewer ads

Sir Kier Starmer on 13:58 - Dec 12 with 1607 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Sir Kier Starmer on 13:26 - Dec 12 by Scotia

The answer to the first question is to eliminate the root cause of most of them. The Tory Government.

Was watching an Ian hislop interview the other day and he made a great comment that Starmer will do everything that the tories do but he’ll look a lot more sorry while he does it.

Poll: We all dream of a managerial team of Alan Tates?

Sir Kier Starmer on 14:20 - Dec 12 with 1596 viewspencoedjack

Stop the gangs is all I hear from him (& Labour).

In the real world you stop 1 gang & another steps in to make money.
Sir Kier Starmer on 15:04 - Dec 12 with 1576 viewsBoundy

Sir Kier Starmer on 14:20 - Dec 12 by pencoedjack

Stop the gangs is all I hear from him (& Labour).

In the real world you stop 1 gang & another steps in to make money.

Just before Blairs' tenure there was clear distinction between the two parties , even wearing a tie in the opposition colours was the biggest crime they could commit ( expenses scandal exempt) , now they all look and sound the same ( mostly College educated ) , trying desperately to appease voters with what ever policy they think will win them votes .
Politics in this country has definitely lost its way and with it voter support.

Sir Kier Starmer on 17:57 - Dec 12 with 1543 viewsshingle

Sir Kier Starmer on 13:26 - Dec 12 by Scotia

Be careful what you wish for as this really is a case of replacing Gary Glitter with Jimmy Sarville Labour have no idea what to do now let alone when they are in power, and all Stammer is doing is tiptoeing around trying to make sure he does not say the wrong thing before the election, they no doubt will be just as bad as the Tories if not worse, Welsh Labour is a massive example of what is to come.
Sir Kier Starmer on 18:40 - Dec 12 with 1516 viewsGwyn737

I don't think he does and that's a worry.

The tories are such a mess, Labour don't have to do anything but sit tight.

Not good in a functioning democracy.
Sir Kier Starmer on 20:22 - Dec 12 with 1466 viewsScotia

Sir Kier Starmer on 18:40 - Dec 12 by Gwyn737

I don't think he does and that's a worry.

The tories are such a mess, Labour don't have to do anything but sit tight.

Not good in a functioning democracy.

I think that's the Labour party tactics at the moment, just sit back and watch the Tories implode. They have to have the easiest job of any opposition party in history.
Sir Kier Starmer on 20:24 - Dec 12 with 1463 viewsScotia

Sir Kier Starmer on 17:57 - Dec 12 by shingle

Be careful what you wish for as this really is a case of replacing Gary Glitter with Jimmy Sarville Labour have no idea what to do now let alone when they are in power, and all Stammer is doing is tiptoeing around trying to make sure he does not say the wrong thing before the election, they no doubt will be just as bad as the Tories if not worse, Welsh Labour is a massive example of what is to come.

The Westminster Labour party and Drakeford's crowd are world's apart. And that's a good thing.
Sir Kier Starmer on 22:45 - Dec 12 with 1410 viewsmajorraglan

Sir Kier Starmer on 17:57 - Dec 12 by shingle

I’m not sure they could be worse, look at the mess the Conservative Party is in. They’ve had 3 leaders in 18 months and are scrapping like rats in sack, there’s a potential we could have another PM before the next GE. The Conservatives are lucky their backers own the newspapers because if the shoe were on the other foot I’m sure the Labour Party would be getting a roasting.
The current government are a shambles and in my opinion completely dishonest, I don’t think anything is better than it was 13 years ago.

To have a function democracy we need a strong opposition, in Westminster that’s Labours role and it’s their job to keep the government in check, ask the awkward questions etc etc, herein Wales it’s the job of the Conservatives to be the effective opposition and to keep the spotlight on Drakers and Waters. I think there’s a fair bit of difference between the national Labour Party and the Labour Party here in Wales. but I really think Drakers needs to go. If we don’t have an effective opposition we’ll end up like Zimbabwe or Russia.
Sir Kier Starmer on 23:48 - Dec 12 with 1377 viewsKilkennyjack

Its a hard job after 13 years of Tory misrule and failure.

Sure to be an improvement with Labour ….

Beware of the Risen People

Sir Kier Starmer on 08:25 - Dec 13 with 1332 viewsKilkennyjack

Sir Kier Starmer on 13:46 - Dec 12 by onehunglow

Rory Stewart too

A humble individual ……. With much to be humble about …, as somebody once said.

Sir Kier Starmer on 08:34 - Dec 13 with 1328 viewsKilkennyjack

Sir Kier Starmer on 15:04 - Dec 12 by Boundy

Just before Blairs' tenure there was clear distinction between the two parties , even wearing a tie in the opposition colours was the biggest crime they could commit ( expenses scandal exempt) , now they all look and sound the same ( mostly College educated ) , trying desperately to appease voters with what ever policy they think will win them votes .
Politics in this country has definitely lost its way and with it voter support.

This is true.

Labour are so scared of giving the Tory press a stick to beat them with that they align with mad Tory policies just to get to power.

Starmer underestimates the voters and Labour will win anyway.

Time Starmer spoke for those of us who want a normal prosperous European democratic nation, not the rancid remains of an empire that belonged to another time. Feck Johnsons muscular unionism, i mean he has shown what a clown he is.
Lets see meaningful constitutional modernisation including getting rid of the Royals and House of Lords.

Sir Kier Starmer on 08:40 - Dec 13 with 1324 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Sir Kier Starmer on 08:34 - Dec 13 by Kilkennyjack

This is true.

Labour are so scared of giving the Tory press a stick to beat them with that they align with mad Tory policies just to get to power.

Time Starmer spoke for those of us who want a normal prosperous European democratic nation, not the rancid remains of an empire that belonged to another time. Feck Johnsons muscular unionism, i mean he has shown what a clown he is.
Lets see meaningful constitutional modernisation including getting rid of the Royals and House of Lords.

I see Starmer keeps trying to distance himself from your heros Drakeford and Corby. You can't blame him following Drakeford's destruction of Wales.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Sir Kier Starmer on 09:16 - Dec 13 with 1312 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Sir Kier Starmer on 08:34 - Dec 13 by Kilkennyjack

This is true.

If we get rid of the royals we will inevitably end up with President Blair, Boris or Farage.

Sir Kier Starmer on 10:16 - Dec 13 with 1297 viewsonehunglow

Sir Kier Starmer on 09:16 - Dec 13 by Joesus_Of_Narbereth

If we get rid of the royals we will inevitably end up with President Blair, Boris or Farage.

Does not have to be Joesus .
Our Monarchy is relevant only for its anachronism.
They feed off us
They patronise us
They are planets away from normality

Sir Kier Starmer on 17:23 - Dec 13 with 1249 viewsKilkennyjack

Sir Kier Starmer on 10:16 - Dec 13 by onehunglow

They feed off us
They patronise us

Well said OHL.

The BBC royal fawning has poisoned the mindets of otherwise sensible people.

The need to leave after the death of the Queen.
I dont mind a short transition in which King Charles can stop hovering up the wills of dead people with no family, King Charles can stop pretending he owns the sea bed on which off shore wind farms are built, and King Charles can sto flying to climate conferences where our elected PM is already attending.
Also they can bin any plans for another English born Prince of Wales.

That can before we turn Buckingham Palace into a new Spoons.

Sir Kier Starmer on 17:29 - Dec 13 with 1245 viewsonehunglow

Sir Kier Starmer on 17:23 - Dec 13 by Kilkennyjack

Well said OHL.

The BBC royal fawning has poisoned the mindets of otherwise sensible people.

The need to leave after the death of the Queen.
I dont mind a short transition in which King Charles can stop hovering up the wills of dead people with no family, King Charles can stop pretending he owns the sea bed on which off shore wind farms are built, and King Charles can sto flying to climate conferences where our elected PM is already attending.
Also they can bin any plans for another English born Prince of Wales.

That can before we turn Buckingham Palace into a new Spoons.

This is the one subject we agree on.
That’s fine by me.
We disagree on others.
That’s life.
This monarchy does us no favours.
Others are far better.
We do not need their excess or largesse.
They so utterly feed off grotesque entitlement but there are no family members who are anywhere near in touch with us Plebs,they ones who crawl all over Buckingham Palace gates desperate to see a passing glimpse of a patronising pitiful “ wave”
To me, they are clearly dysfunctional and not provilieged at all but handicapped without any doubt .
Thankfully,my parents never saw them as “ our betters” as many did

Sir Kier Starmer on 19:13 - Dec 13 with 1221 viewsJoesus_Of_Narbereth

Sir Kier Starmer on 10:16 - Dec 13 by onehunglow

They feed off us
They patronise us

It’s a constitutional necessity (currently) that limits the power of any one individual and government as a whole. Without it we would inevitably have a political head of state/sovereign who could change any law with a stroke of his or her or their pen.

Not saying we couldn’t do it but it is a system that has largely worked since the late 17th century.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024