Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
TT 2024 18:49 - May 29 with 2565 viewsonehunglow

Ok
Anybody going to this ?

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

TT 2024 on 12:54 - May 31 with 674 viewsonehunglow

TT 2024 on 12:20 - May 31 by Robbie

Yes , Walkabouts pub later on the site of the old JTs .

The entrance to the downstairs workshop doors are still there .

Honda 50 was the other go to machine around them times too .

Bought first scooter from John Brayleyn 1966
Wow

TT 2024 on 12:56 - May 31 with 663 viewsunion_jack

TT 2024 on 12:54 - May 31 by onehunglow

Bought first scooter from John Brayleyn 1966
Wow

Can smell that shop nowšŸ˜

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

TT 2024 on 16:36 - May 31 with 622 viewsmax936

TT 2024 on 10:52 - May 31 by union_jack

I had a black with gold lines Puch 50 when I was 16. Loved those days but problems with the carb, I lost the main jet so I had to unscrew the bottom of the carb and pour out the petrol. Took me ages to get a new one from the dealers on Windsor Rd in Neath.

JT's had a shop on the Corner of Windsor Road in Neath for years, bought a couple of bikes from them.

Think Mount Motors took it over, they still got a shop on a side road off St Helens road, as well as the Shop in Taibach

JT's in Cwmburla is still going strong, There's another JT's in the industrial estate off Waterton Cross, they used to service my Yam Tracer.

Thunderroad do some great deals from time to time, bought two of my Fireblades off them.
[Post edited 31 May 16:39]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

TT 2024 on 17:51 - May 31 with 600 viewsonehunglow

TT 2024 on 16:36 - May 31 by max936

JT's had a shop on the Corner of Windsor Road in Neath for years, bought a couple of bikes from them.

Think Mount Motors took it over, they still got a shop on a side road off St Helens road, as well as the Shop in Taibach

JT's in Cwmburla is still going strong, There's another JT's in the industrial estate off Waterton Cross, they used to service my Yam Tracer.

Thunderroad do some great deals from time to time, bought two of my Fireblades off them.

I hrammed the back of a car in 1966 as I was a tw@t. I went to Neath hospital ,the bike went to mount motirs in taibach
Iā€™ve just gone back 58 years
Forking Neath hospital but got transferred for injuries

TT 2024 on 18:08 - May 31 with 598 viewsmax936

TT 2024 on 17:51 - May 31 by onehunglow

I hrammed the back of a car in 1966 as I was a tw@t. I went to Neath hospital ,the bike went to mount motirs in taibach
Iā€™ve just gone back 58 years
Forking Neath hospital but got transferred for injuries

You daft sod.

TT 2024 on 18:31 - May 31 with 583 viewsunion_jack

TT 2024 on 16:36 - May 31 by max936

That was the place.

Youā€™re a serious biker by the sounds of it Max.

TT 2024 on 19:00 - May 31 with 570 viewsmax936

TT 2024 on 18:31 - May 31 by union_jack

That was the place.

Youā€™re a serious biker by the sounds of it Max.

Not anymore Uni, I'm 63 and I'm done with bikes, if I had stayed biking it might be different 5 yrs without riding now, not a great idea to jump back into it.

TT 2024 on 19:16 - May 31 with 562 viewsunion_jack

TT 2024 on 19:00 - May 31 by max936

Not anymore Uni, I'm 63 and I'm done with bikes, if I had stayed biking it might be different 5 yrs without riding now, not a great idea to jump back into it.

Very sensible! Iā€™m 63 on election day and though I love looking at the pics online, I know Iā€™d be very foolish to even think seriously about getting one. Too much time has passed like you said, much more than you in this case.

Login to get fewer ads

TT 2024 on 19:48 - May 31 with 546 viewsonehunglow

TT 2024 on 18:08 - May 31 by max936

You daft sod.

I was.
Iā€™ve still got the scars Ste
Neath General! Me ,in Neath .
Yikes

TT 2024 on 20:58 - May 31 with 530 viewsmax936

TT 2024 on 19:48 - May 31 by onehunglow

I was.
Iā€™ve still got the scars Ste
Neath General! Me ,in Neath .
Yikes

You should have been run out of town you Cad

TT 2024 on 22:53 - May 31 with 504 viewsonehunglow

TT 2024 on 20:58 - May 31 by max936

You should have been run out of town you Cad

A few tried
And failed
Victoria Gardens !

TT 2024 on 23:08 - May 31 with 495 viewsmax936

TT 2024 on 22:53 - May 31 by onehunglow

A few tried
And failed
Victoria Gardens !

I moved up here in 83, been here since if my family situation was different I'd have gone back to Swansea by now.

TT 2024 on 01:04 - Jun 1 with 473 viewsRobbie

Mounts in Swansea is my go to place for MOTs and a look about , tidy staff , bikers also .

Colleague just passed his test and still on his chicken chaser went to M+P Gorseinon for a trade in on his 125 , but a big company like that were not flexible in price negotiation.

He liked a bike there but a deal could not be done , sure smaller places would be grateful of the exchange and purchase of an upgrade , his 125 is immaculate too .

We talked about his Bike Test , online stage modules including BHP limits for new passes .

A word of advice I had from my tutor back in the day was Life Saver Check .

Going through Winch Wen Industrial Estate with an examiner on my tail I certainly used that
heads up on every occasion possible .

He must have liked it and passed me .
I still use that practise to this day , habit drilled into me by a good instructor.

I despair at some or the youngster who find it ok to go on a busy road on a bike wearing just shorts , T Shirts and trainers for safety .
TT 2024 on 09:18 - Jun 1 with 437 viewsonehunglow

TT 2024 on 23:08 - May 31 by max936

I moved up here in 83, been here since if my family situation was different I'd have gone back to Swansea by now.

Hiraeth

TT 2024 on 10:51 - Jun 1 with 416 viewsmax936

TT 2024 on 01:04 - Jun 1 by Robbie

Mounts in Swansea is my go to place for MOTs and a look about , tidy staff , bikers also .

Colleague just passed his test and still on his chicken chaser went to M+P Gorseinon for a trade in on his 125 , but a big company like that were not flexible in price negotiation.

He liked a bike there but a deal could not be done , sure smaller places would be grateful of the exchange and purchase of an upgrade , his 125 is immaculate too .

We talked about his Bike Test , online stage modules including BHP limits for new passes .

A word of advice I had from my tutor back in the day was Life Saver Check .

Going through Winch Wen Industrial Estate with an examiner on my tail I certainly used that
heads up on every occasion possible .

He must have liked it and passed me .
I still use that practise to this day , habit drilled into me by a good instructor.

I despair at some or the youngster who find it ok to go on a busy road on a bike wearing just shorts , T Shirts and trainers for safety .

Book a Bikesafe day for you both, its an enjoyable day out and you'll both learn loads, moreso your mate of course, I held an Advanced Riders License for years, but I've done 3/4 of those Courses, they are run by the Police and are excellent.

Kevin Garner used to run them, but he's retired now, Kev was an excellent tutor and rider, lovely guy as well.
[Post edited 1 Jun 11:31]

TT 2024 on 12:07 - Jun 2 with 362 viewsmax936

Starts on ITV4 Tonight at 8pm, get it on fellow bikers and retired bikers

TT 2024 on 14:22 - Jun 2 with 354 viewsonehunglow

TT 2024 on 12:07 - Jun 2 by max936

Starts on ITV4 Tonight at 8pm, get it on fellow bikers and retired bikers

Dunlop!

TT 2024 on 21:59 - Jun 2 with 312 viewsmax936

Those racing those sidecars are nuts, especially the one jumping around on the back FME's, my toes are curling watching!

TT 2024 on 08:52 - Jun 3 with 274 viewsonehunglow

TT 2024 on 21:59 - Jun 2 by max936

Those racing those sidecars are nuts, especially the one jumping around on the back FME's, my toes are curling watching!

They are lethal Ste.
Chum of mine used to race a Kw@cker plus sidecar on sand races .
Too tricky to contemplate

TT 2024 on 22:27 - Jun 3 with 237 viewsmax936

Peter Hickman wins another Superbike TT, equalling the late great Mike Hailwood as the fifth most successful solo TT rider.

He did have a bit of luck with both Michael Dunlop and Davey Todd having issues at the 2nd pit stop.

TT 2024 on 02:00 - Jun 4 with 214 viewsRobbie

Though the SideCar Racing might be a bloke on a bike and a side car passenger wearing Captain Biggles type goggles holding on to a roll bar , how wrong I was with that idea .

Close to 140 mph with your pillion team mate throwing more moves than Travolta .

How do some of them home owners on the course accept the fact a tragic accident could end up their front door , racers know the risks , maybe residents trust the bikers .

Either way what a spectacle to see on your doorstep , noise and great skills there .

F1 is ok , but so boring compared to this event this week .

Only downside would be the costs for fans wanting to attend , prices go through the roof for ferries and accomodation just for one week .
TT 2024 on 09:16 - Jun 4 with 195 viewsonehunglow

TT 2024 on 22:27 - Jun 3 by max936

Peter Hickman wins another Superbike TT, equalling the late great Mike Hailwood as the fifth most successful solo TT rider.

He did have a bit of luck with both Michael Dunlop and Davey Todd having issues at the 2nd pit stop.

Thanks for telling me the result before O watched it

TT 2024 on 09:19 - Jun 4 with 194 viewsonehunglow

TT 2024 on 02:00 - Jun 4 by Robbie

Though the SideCar Racing might be a bloke on a bike and a side car passenger wearing Captain Biggles type goggles holding on to a roll bar , how wrong I was with that idea .

Close to 140 mph with your pillion team mate throwing more moves than Travolta .

How do some of them home owners on the course accept the fact a tragic accident could end up their front door , racers know the risks , maybe residents trust the bikers .

Either way what a spectacle to see on your doorstep , noise and great skills there .

F1 is ok , but so boring compared to this event this week .

Only downside would be the costs for fans wanting to attend , prices go through the roof for ferries and accomodation just for one week .

Best to to watch sidecars in on the Ramsey hairpin .
FYO
Crazy

TT 2024 on 16:36 - Jun 4 with 166 viewsmax936

TT 2024 on 09:16 - Jun 4 by onehunglow

Thanks for telling me the result before O watched it

apologies Mr R, I'll refrain from posting after tonights showing
[Post edited 4 Jun 16:37]

TT 2024 on 17:52 - Jun 4 with 141 viewsunion_jack

TT 2024 on 16:36 - Jun 4 by max936

apologies Mr R, I'll refrain from posting after tonights showing
[Post edited 4 Jun 16:37]

Just watched yesterdayā€™s superbikes. Wow, Iā€™m well and truly hooked. The balls in these guys, where did their fear chip go? I nearly had a heart attack when that one rider had a tank slapšŸ˜‚.
Shame about the pit stop issues.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024