Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Good news I hope 00:09 - Mar 31 with 961 viewsMelakaRanger

MH in The Telegraph

“I’m here to build the club. I fully expect, irrespective of what happens, to be here trying to make that happen. "

We need stability and next season keeping MH & the players that he wants should ensure a stable and, finally, a well performing team.

Whatever happens this season I am really confident about next season and beyond

Good news I hope on 07:33 - Mar 31 with 841 viewsLblock

I was very much against getting rid of Warnock, not because I thought he'd keep us up or I enjoyed the way we were playing etc. I have longed for that key word at our club - stability; and that's why I wanted us to maintain a status quo.

Must admit I was / am in two minds in terms of Sparky.
He has a track record of walking, very aloof, hasn't embraced the club and makes me uneasy. I think Richard Langley was bang on in his extremely good article and the way we've been set up all season since Ali's injury has concerned me. We never have anyone from CM breaking beyond play and Hughes signings did in the main confuse me with his failure to recognise this and sign ACN players who would take until mid March to be fully integrated to the team.
On the other hand Sparky has proved he can do it at clubs similar to ourselves and does seem to have worldwide respect in the game. He has proved and ability to spot and build gems such as Chris Samba, Demble etc and get teams well drilled. I am also encouraged with his wish to build a proffessional outfit off the pitch with all the periphery support such as sports science etc. I would hope Tonf Fs talk of tip top new training facilities is not just talk and Warren Farm can be rubber stamped and rolled through very soon; expensive dross can leave the club this summer with their contracts expired and the whiff of Paladini be further extinguished.

It all points towards STABILITY.

Bring it.

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Good news I hope on 08:23 - Mar 31 with 789 viewsSpiritofGregory

I'm glad he is staying, it will give him a chance to lay down rules and build his own team. I like what he did at Blacburn, he signed some cracking players at reasonable fees who gave 100%, were tough and creative.
Good news I hope on 09:43 - Mar 31 with 742 viewsBlackCrowe

good article and offers plenty of positives. I still don't get how TF and co expect to get any return on their investment though.

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Good news I hope on 10:00 - Mar 31 with 715 viewsparker64

Good news I hope on 09:43 - Mar 31 by BlackCrowe

good article and offers plenty of positives. I still don't get how TF and co expect to get any return on their investment though.

That's just is it isn't it? I think BE and FB got out when they saw what it was all about.
Good news I hope on 10:44 - Mar 31 with 658 viewsTGRRRSSS

Yes and no I don't think they had any long term intentions, it was always get a club get it up and flog it asap, with little thought or long term planning, indeed most of the money was wasted via Briatores's sheer stupidity in hiring and firing every 5 minutes, otherwise they'd have made even more profit.
Good news I hope on 11:34 - Mar 31 with 605 viewsMr_Foxy

I don't think TF and co really expect to get any return out of football at all...I think its merely a vanity project.

They've shown in the business world they are very good at building up successful companies and getting good returns etc but apart from the shareholders of the business who really cares? No-one praises your business skills other than those who directly benefit.

But if they make a successful football club they will have thousands of fans who will adore them, and be lauded in the media etc as being wonderful owners for the way they have built a successful football club.

And for me that is why they're doing what they're doing, not because they honestly believe in 5 years time they'll be withdrawing zillions in dividends from profits made by QPR, but for the "vanity" if you like, of the achievements gained in football.
Good news I hope on 13:08 - Mar 31 with 526 viewsTrom

The only thing i worry about with TF is his long term ability to fund the club. I can't imagine a better combination to eat your cash than a football club and F1 team.
Good news I hope on 13:16 - Mar 31 with 512 viewsHollowayRanger

Good news I hope on 13:08 - Mar 31 by Trom

The only thing i worry about with TF is his long term ability to fund the club. I can't imagine a better combination to eat your cash than a football club and F1 team.

thats my worry with him as well

airline motor racing football thats a lot of jugling

still as long as the mittels are on board im not too worried but if they should ever jump ship!

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Login to get fewer ads

Good news I hope on 13:17 - Mar 31 with 509 viewstimcocking

Good news I hope on 10:00 - Mar 31 by parker64

That's just is it isn't it? I think BE and FB got out when they saw what it was all about.

Indeed. Everybody inside Rangers (i mean us lot) realise trying to establish QPR as a genuine force in world football if the idea is to make money is a totally ludicrous idea. We couldn't fill Loftus Road if it was free admission. Only if they have a huge passion for it and money to burn by the dozens of millions is it worth doing. Basically the world's most illogical, expensive and prestigous hobby. Mittal can afford it, Fernandes no way. Mittal doesn't seem interested though. Scary times.
Good news I hope on 13:21 - Mar 31 with 502 viewsJamie

Good news I hope on 13:08 - Mar 31 by Trom

You only need to look at Vijay Mallya to see how quickly it can all go wrong.

12 months ago he had a worth of $1.4bn, a healthy Kingfisher brand and Force India F1.

Now Kingfisher Airlines are about to announce bankruptcy, he's had to sell of most of FI to Sahara and he's about to sell United Breweries itself.

This from a man 5 times richer than TF.

*edit* probably worth pointing out that TF doesn't own QPR, an investment company he's involved with does and he is their representative.

Also TF & Caterham F1 are looking at a potential £10m+ fine for 'spying'.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024