Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Can I beg a favour? 15:07 - Jun 27 with 8373 viewsSandy_Lane

My sister (an exiled daley) has set up a business in Connemara (Clifden for thems in the know) doing outdoor adventure type activities - kayaking, climbing and that sort of thing.

She has the opportunity to have an Irish Radio show broadcast from near her and take part in some activities that she will run. It will obviously be excellent publicity for her, but for it to happen she needs votes!

If any of you would follow the link below and vote for Connemara it would be really appreciated. There's no form to fill in or details to give away, it's just select one from three and click vote.

Appreciate your time taken to read this, and if you vote we appreciate the vote too.

Thanks y'all.

http://www.todayfm.com/Shows/discoverirelandvote2/RayDarcy.aspx

EDIT TO ADD LINK: (what an idiot!)
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Can I beg a favour? on 07:38 - Jun 28 with 1442 viewsaleanddale

Can I beg a favour? on 07:10 - Jun 28 by dannyuk

What happened overnight?

160 behind.

Done

amazing part of the world. Hope my vote helps.

Looks like 44 ahead now!!

Anyone not done this yet i am sure our fellow Daley will appreciate it!.
Can I beg a favour? on 09:48 - Jun 28 with 1407 viewsSandy_Lane

Went to bed last night with the outlook not looking to great - wake up this morning to +50 in front.

Great response - cheers guys and gals!

On a slightly related topic, my sister has asked me to try and raise her twitter profile and get it working for her a bit better. I tweet, but only in a personal capacity, and only have about 30 people following me, so I'm clearly not sat on any great ideas. Do any of you have any wisdom you can share about good practice and effective strategies.

Again a million thank you's to everyone who has voted - even if we don't hold the lead we really appreciate everyone's time in helping out!
Can I beg a favour? on 09:58 - Jun 28 with 1403 viewsjudd

From the agency that handles our social media. Hope it's of use. When does the poll close? Will put link on facebook.

First of all, how do I get on Twitter?

As part of your ‘Smart’ package, we provide a fully set up and functioning Twitter account, designed with your company colours and logo with a sample Tweet, so you are ready to go.

All you have to do is log in with the username and password here:

http://twitter.com/

The login box is at the top right corner of the Twitter home page.

What do I do next?

When you log in, the box at the top market “What’s happening?” is where you
publish your tweets. You can type out a tweet, and when you click “Tweet” it will show up on your Twitter feed and everyone following you will see your message. This is how you send out your marketing tweets.

You can put your Twitter account on all of your marketing information, you often see links to Twitter accounts that look like this:

http://twitter.com/smartlocalmedia

Or sometimes like this:
Follow us on Twitter: @smartlocalmedia

The @smartlocalmedia part is always your Twitter username.

You can search for people and topics that you are interested in on Twitter and follow them to get you started and involved.

What sort of messages to put out on Twitter?

The most important thing to realise is that the people who are following you are doing so because they are interested in having a conversation with you. This means that you shouldn’t just spam them with sales-talk. Imagine it as a networking party where you have to give interesting information to show that you are an expert, and in return people show an interest in your services.

Here is a short list of the things that you can do using Twitter:

- Offer discounts, coupons or special offers to customers who find you via social media to encourage them to stay
- Answer common customer questions to show you are an expert
- Pass on interesting links/posts so people look to you for information
- Tweet links showing your company featured on other Web sites or mainstream media such as your Business Video or Website
- Mention awards you’ve won or accreditations you’ve earned
- Talk about who you are so people feel more comfortable with you
- Talk about why you do what you do
- Highlight employees and achievements or qualifications
- Conduct market research to see what people want/don’t want from a company like yours
- Conduct Twitter polls to quiz consumer opinion

What is a Hashtag?

You know how when something exciting happens everybody is talking about it? A hashtag is used by Twitter to track different conversations which are happening. They can also be used to sum up a message.

When searching for topics on Twitter, keywords in the hashtag are one of the main things which pop up. If you make tweets which have popular hashtags, people are more likely to come across your Twitter account and follow you because you are being part of the current affairs.

You can also use it to track things which you are interested in, for example, the BBC program ‘Have I Got News For You’ uses the hashtag #hignfy

How to use it
Here is a sample tweet about a restaurant offering Vegan food:

“We have just updated our menu to have a full range of #vegan foods”

“Visit our us here www.restaurant.com for a full breakdown of our new exciting menu”
The word #vegan with the # in front of it is the hashtag for that tweet.

You can see current trends and other information about hashtags here:

http://hashtags.org/

Poll: What is it to be then?

Can I beg a favour? on 10:21 - Jun 28 with 1391 viewsSandy_Lane

Can I beg a favour? on 09:58 - Jun 28 by judd

From the agency that handles our social media. Hope it's of use. When does the poll close? Will put link on facebook.

First of all, how do I get on Twitter?

As part of your ‘Smart’ package, we provide a fully set up and functioning Twitter account, designed with your company colours and logo with a sample Tweet, so you are ready to go.

All you have to do is log in with the username and password here:

http://twitter.com/

The login box is at the top right corner of the Twitter home page.

What do I do next?

When you log in, the box at the top market “What’s happening?” is where you
publish your tweets. You can type out a tweet, and when you click “Tweet” it will show up on your Twitter feed and everyone following you will see your message. This is how you send out your marketing tweets.

You can put your Twitter account on all of your marketing information, you often see links to Twitter accounts that look like this:

http://twitter.com/smartlocalmedia

Or sometimes like this:
Follow us on Twitter: @smartlocalmedia

The @smartlocalmedia part is always your Twitter username.

You can search for people and topics that you are interested in on Twitter and follow them to get you started and involved.

What sort of messages to put out on Twitter?

The most important thing to realise is that the people who are following you are doing so because they are interested in having a conversation with you. This means that you shouldn’t just spam them with sales-talk. Imagine it as a networking party where you have to give interesting information to show that you are an expert, and in return people show an interest in your services.

Here is a short list of the things that you can do using Twitter:

- Offer discounts, coupons or special offers to customers who find you via social media to encourage them to stay
- Answer common customer questions to show you are an expert
- Pass on interesting links/posts so people look to you for information
- Tweet links showing your company featured on other Web sites or mainstream media such as your Business Video or Website
- Mention awards you’ve won or accreditations you’ve earned
- Talk about who you are so people feel more comfortable with you
- Talk about why you do what you do
- Highlight employees and achievements or qualifications
- Conduct market research to see what people want/don’t want from a company like yours
- Conduct Twitter polls to quiz consumer opinion

What is a Hashtag?

You know how when something exciting happens everybody is talking about it? A hashtag is used by Twitter to track different conversations which are happening. They can also be used to sum up a message.

When searching for topics on Twitter, keywords in the hashtag are one of the main things which pop up. If you make tweets which have popular hashtags, people are more likely to come across your Twitter account and follow you because you are being part of the current affairs.

You can also use it to track things which you are interested in, for example, the BBC program ‘Have I Got News For You’ uses the hashtag #hignfy

How to use it
Here is a sample tweet about a restaurant offering Vegan food:

“We have just updated our menu to have a full range of #vegan foods”

“Visit our us here www.restaurant.com for a full breakdown of our new exciting menu”
The word #vegan with the # in front of it is the hashtag for that tweet.

You can see current trends and other information about hashtags here:

http://hashtags.org/

That's brilliant Judd, thanks for posting that.

The poll closes at midnight tonight. We're still about 50 in front at the minute - but I think the rules say you can vote once per day, so if you (anyone) has a another minute they can donate, we'd really welcome your clicks!

For anyone interested - and I appreciate not many of you will be looking for info on outdoor activities on the West Coast of Ireland, the twitter account I'm about to 'improve' (lol(??)) is @realconnemara

Thanks y'all again!
Can I beg a favour? on 10:31 - Jun 28 with 1384 viewsjudd

Can't vote again today but have posted link on Facebook. I've loads of Irish relatives who hopefully will respond.

Good luck - shame it's against Westport - probably the most beautiful town in Ireland.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Can I beg a favour? on 11:11 - Jun 28 with 1368 viewsSandy_Lane

Can I beg a favour? on 10:31 - Jun 28 by judd

Can't vote again today but have posted link on Facebook. I've loads of Irish relatives who hopefully will respond.

Good luck - shame it's against Westport - probably the most beautiful town in Ireland.

Thanks again for that.

Yeah I really like Westport too. It was the closest place (30 mins drive) to where my sister was in Leenane before she moved out to Clifden to set up her own business.

When visiting I used to go to Westport when I arrived and have a few obligatory Guinness's while waiting for my sister to finish work and come and get me! Loved it!
Can I beg a favour? on 12:12 - Jun 28 with 1359 viewswimborne_dale

Connemara edges into the lead

Edgar Allan's Crow

Can I beg a favour? on 13:07 - Jun 28 with 1341 viewsThreeLions

Just voted again for you, your 16 in front at the moment
Login to get fewer ads

Can I beg a favour? on 13:16 - Jun 28 with 1333 viewsSandy_Lane

Can I beg a favour? on 13:07 - Jun 28 by ThreeLions

Just voted again for you, your 16 in front at the moment

Nice one cheers.

Not sure my nerves are gonna hold out until midnight! Hopefully they'll take the numbers off-line later so I won't be able to stay up all night pressing F5!!

Thanks again to everyone who's helped/helping!
Can I beg a favour? on 13:39 - Jun 28 with 1327 viewsKenBoon

Voted. Love taking the Bike up there with Rocky and the other characters from Hit ITV Drama Boon.
Can I beg a favour? on 13:46 - Jun 28 with 1321 viewsjimmysbaldhead

Voted, but falling behind now.
Can I beg a favour? on 15:57 - Jun 28 with 1281 viewsSandy_Lane

Westport have pulled a voting rabbit from some hat somewhere. Looks like we might have peaked too soon!
Can I beg a favour? on 16:46 - Jun 28 with 1267 viewsrochedale

Voted again... 13 behind.

Poll: 24/25 season ticket, how many free games would you consider fair?

Can I beg a favour? on 17:53 - Jun 28 with 1250 viewsShun

How often can you vote? I voted twice last night in a space of a few hours, and again just now.
Can I beg a favour? on 18:09 - Jun 28 with 1242 viewsbilbobaggins

Can I beg a favour? on 07:10 - Jun 28 by dannyuk

What happened overnight?

160 behind.

i voted
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024