Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
John Terry goes on trial this Monday 02:39 - Jul 8 with 51598 viewsDylanP

Terry's trial to start on Monday. Yet another thing to look forward to, Sadly, apparently the maximum he can get is a small fine. However, the humiliation will be a laugh.

Football fans found guilty of racism can be banned from going to football grounds for a while. Wouldn't it be funny if Terry received a football ground ban!!!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2170238/John-Terry-trial-Anton

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 11:25 - Jul 10 with 1741 viewsJamie

Terry says though viedo 'doesn't look good' `context of what I thought Anton accused me of no one can argue what my feelings were at time.'

Terry and his advisor repeating to the FA official that 'context' is key to what he said

Terry says he could get 2000 witnesses to prove he's not racist.
'It's not my character inside or out.'

Terry says he would get abuse from fans and players about Wayne Bridge incident 'every game' on a 'weekly basis'

One of the solicitors is sleeping pretty deeply. Head just hit the table. Only thing missing is some foghorn snoring

He's up. Back to our full compliment of functioning legal staff

We've now finished listening to the FA interview. Police officers being called in now
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 11:32 - Jul 10 with 1714 viewsBasingstokeR

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 11:25 - Jul 10 by Jamie

Terry says though viedo 'doesn't look good' `context of what I thought Anton accused me of no one can argue what my feelings were at time.'

Terry and his advisor repeating to the FA official that 'context' is key to what he said

Terry says he could get 2000 witnesses to prove he's not racist.
'It's not my character inside or out.'

Terry says he would get abuse from fans and players about Wayne Bridge incident 'every game' on a 'weekly basis'

One of the solicitors is sleeping pretty deeply. Head just hit the table. Only thing missing is some foghorn snoring

He's up. Back to our full compliment of functioning legal staff

We've now finished listening to the FA interview. Police officers being called in now

So is he saying he was being sarcastic or he was genuinely agrieved at being - accused of saying something he says he feels is unacceptable? because on the video he doesn't look all that worried! Sarcastic or abusive I could agree with.

Did the last 15mins of footage show Terry shouting at our fans towards the end or Ashley Coles lunge at the end?
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 11:38 - Jul 10 with 1709 viewsPhildo

He seems to be running the 'some of my best friends are black' defence
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 11:42 - Jul 10 with 1684 viewsAntti_Heinola

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 00:00 - Jul 10 by daveB

in an ideal world terry would have been man enough to admit what he said, say sorry and take his fine and ban from the FA, he'd have lost the England captancy but he lost that anyway so wouldn't have made much difference. The fact he denied it all and continues to is why the police had to follow through, it is a waste of public money and a waste of time but this is where we are now and i just hope Terry is found guilty, calling someone a black c*nt and saying it was sarcasim is riddiculous

Absolutely spot on dave. He did it. He should have admitted he made a mistake. I don't think he's racist, but he did use racist language. Admit it, take the punishment, move on. But in EBJT's world, it's always someone else's fault and everyone else is always the liar. You only have to see his reaction to the Barca sending off to see how he deals with these things.

Bare bones.

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 11:44 - Jul 10 with 1672 viewsAntti_Heinola

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 11:13 - Jul 10 by BasingstokeR

Terry to FA official: Never in my career has anyone accused me of that. Not only was I hurt by it but I was taken aback

Well that bit is quite blatantly a lie! What about the Ledley King incident - does John Terry just cleanse his memory of all the misdemeanours he gets away with?

Exactly. Put Graham Poll on the stand.

Bare bones.

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 11:45 - Jul 10 with 1671 viewsJamie

Terry told police his words to Ferdinand `were responsive and not accusatory.'

Terry told police about facing abuse: I've become immune to such comments and such actions

Terry told police his commitment to projects in Africa backed by Drogba and Desailly ''prove I'm no racist.''
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 11:53 - Jul 10 with 1648 viewswombat

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 09:27 - Jul 10 by nadera78

Exactly right. Monday mornign Terry comes out and says, live to a camera, "I'm really sorry, but I was taking an awful amount of stick from the fans, we'd had two players sent off, we were losing the game, Anton was winding me up about something I regret doing and I just lost control. Terribly sorry, etc, etc"

He'd have been punished by his club (shamed into doing it) and by the FA, dropped by England, lost some sponsors, vilified by the press, and given stick by opposing fans. And, pigheaded as he is, he wouldn't have given two hoot about any of it. But then it all would have died down, just like every other incident he's been involved in, and every other footballer has been involved in. And he'd have found new sponsors, the press would have become bored by it, and life would have moved on.

thought anton was accused of stating JT shagged his best mates missus now its his mum confused.com

Poll: which is your favouite foot

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 11:56 - Jul 10 with 1632 viewsJamie

Police got statements from:
Ashley cole
ref Chris foy
Luke young
Tommie smith
Fitz Hall
Jon Obi Mikel
David luiz
Clint Hill
Ivanovic

Complaint in this case was made by an off duty police officer who had been watching the game on TV

DC Doherty confirms under questioning/insistence of Terry's lawyer that Ferdinand was initially 'reluctant' to come forward as a witness

In police notes says on Oct 27 that after enquiries to QPR 'highly unlikely Mr ferdiannd or QPR staff will assist.'

Ferdinand reluctant saying ''you don't need me it's clear''.

Justin Rigby Ferdinand's PR agent described as 'facilitator to have contact with Anton' by DC Doherty.

DC Doherty denies allegation from Terry's lawyer that Rigby played 'active role' in trying to influence way the case was being investigated.

Ferdinand signed his statement in a street in Soho, according to DC Doherty. Earlier described Ferdinand's life as 'unstructured'
Login to get fewer ads

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 12:13 - Jul 10 with 1584 views18StoneOfHoop

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 11:20 - Jul 10 by ElHoop

Also reminds me of this!

You utter bleeding khhaaannttt,ElHoop.
Just switched on 'puter for first time today planning to stick Derek & Clive up on the JT thread and found you've beaten me to the punch by a considerable margin.Gutted.

Never mind here's some other vids:
Sir Les's sixpenny worth:

Countdown enter the debate:

Another momentous showdown:

There are many very good illuminating well-argued points made by most posters on this CLNB* thread.My last post yesterday was deffo one of the weakest - it set Speedie's_ Double up for an easy tap-in open goal - so I'll leave the serious stuff to you soberer & wiser lot & maybe interject with vids for light relief now and again.
Got to say in particular that,someone whose often got my goat in the past for being too know-it-allish, Jamie is doing a stand-out knock-up solid job with his instant summations,analysis & theories.

Right I'll leave you adults in peace to get on with the serious stuff of Trial of The Century Day 2...

*Captain,Leader,Nazi & BellEnd..The Anti-Macca

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 12:15 - Jul 10 with 1570 viewsElHoop

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 12:13 - Jul 10 by 18StoneOfHoop

You utter bleeding khhaaannttt,ElHoop.
Just switched on 'puter for first time today planning to stick Derek & Clive up on the JT thread and found you've beaten me to the punch by a considerable margin.Gutted.

Never mind here's some other vids:
Sir Les's sixpenny worth:

Countdown enter the debate:

Another momentous showdown:

There are many very good illuminating well-argued points made by most posters on this CLNB* thread.My last post yesterday was deffo one of the weakest - it set Speedie's_ Double up for an easy tap-in open goal - so I'll leave the serious stuff to you soberer & wiser lot & maybe interject with vids for light relief now and again.
Got to say in particular that,someone whose often got my goat in the past for being too know-it-allish, Jamie is doing a stand-out knock-up solid job with his instant summations,analysis & theories.

Right I'll leave you adults in peace to get on with the serious stuff of Trial of The Century Day 2...

*Captain,Leader,Nazi & BellEnd..The Anti-Macca

Ha ha - who you calling a fecking karnt karnt!!!
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 12:18 - Jul 10 with 1555 viewsJamie

Terry's lawyer on Ferdinand's PR Rigby: 'He's playing a rather active part in this'

Rigby told police he heard CPS wouldn't be taking action.Would appear to black players: `it's a white man's word against a black man's'

DC Doherty on whether Rigby was pushing him to charge: `He wasn't pushing me to making a charging decsison because it's not my decision.'

Rigby told police if Terry wasn't charged he'd advise Ferdinand to take out a civil claim against Terry

Lawyer Carter-Stephenson: It’s quite obvious the PR man was dealing with Mr Ferdinand and obviously discussing the evidence with him
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 12:33 - Jul 10 with 1486 viewsWeaverQPR

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 11:45 - Jul 10 by Jamie

Terry told police his words to Ferdinand `were responsive and not accusatory.'

Terry told police about facing abuse: I've become immune to such comments and such actions

Terry told police his commitment to projects in Africa backed by Drogba and Desailly ''prove I'm no racist.''

Are you in the courtroom?

@WeavQPR

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 12:36 - Jul 10 with 1465 viewsNorthernr

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 12:33 - Jul 10 by WeaverQPR

No he's on Twitter following Sam Wallace, Matt Dickinson and Matt Scott.
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 12:41 - Jul 10 with 1440 viewsWeaverQPR

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 12:36 - Jul 10 by Northernr

ok cheers.

@WeavQPR

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 12:42 - Jul 10 with 1436 viewsmakaveli1882

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 12:36 - Jul 10 by Northernr

Keme Nzerem @nzerem seems the best to follow,
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 12:50 - Jul 10 with 1398 viewsJamie

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 12:33 - Jul 10 by WeaverQPR

No, copying from twitter from someone live tweeting, although none of those mentioned.

On that note:

Terry lawyer says all prosecution evidence against Terry doesn't create 'proper prima facie' case

Carter-Stephenson: Lip reading is not a precise science. There are caveats in relation to the limitations of it And what is seen is capable of misinterpretation

Lawyer Carter-Stephenson on Ferdinand: He's clearly not a reliable witness and I say that for a number of reasons

In short, defence arguing it's impossible to be certain whether JT said "you" or "a" black c***. Can't be sure if accusatory - or inquiring

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 12:55 - Jul 10 with 1379 viewsnadera78

He's trying to cloud the issue and make it look like Ferdinand has made these claims. Af has said from the very beginning that he didn't hear anything at all on the pitch and only found out about it afterwards.
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 13:04 - Jul 10 with 1971 viewsNorthernr

Defence have asked for the case to be dismissed.

In true British court style they've responded by breaking for lunch.
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 13:30 - Jul 10 with 1897 viewsPinnerPaul

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 13:04 - Jul 10 by Northernr

Decison at 2 on that says SSN
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 13:34 - Jul 10 with 1878 viewsqueensparker

I'm enjoying Rio's film-based tweets on the matter...

This is going to be dismissed, isn't it?
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 13:41 - Jul 10 with 1852 viewsmakaveli1882

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 13:34 - Jul 10 by queensparker

dont know if im being really stupid, but dont get the New Jack City one ??

can anyone else explain please ?
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 13:42 - Jul 10 with 1840 views18StoneOfHoop

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 13:04 - Jul 10 by Northernr

BTW Clive how many page impressions/visits to the site on Manic Park Si Captain Nazi Monday?
A record for the year?
Also, what is the longest non-word association thread of the last 3 years? Can we beat it with this thread?

Go on then Queensparker to what films apart from LiarLiar is Rio referring to in his tweets? I estimate he's got approximately 42% more intelligence than his honest but dim younger brother.Not that that takes him into the faux-intellectual,Nietzche-loving,auto-didact,noble Scouse savage,Guardian-patronised-working-class-favourite, Joseph Barton MentalMensaMember stratosphere or anything.

Yeah Makavelli,New Jack City???? Come again,Rio?

-------------------------

Later Addendum.

Yeah Clive,of course the day after our amazing nail-biting May 13th day of our enthralling survival and the greatest ever finish to a Premier season would have got most hits..

'I'm 18 with a bullet.Got my finger on the trigger,I'm gonna pull it.." Love,Peace and Fook Chelski! More like 20StoneOfHoop now. Let's face it I'm not getting any thinner. Pass the cake and pies please.

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 13:45 - Jul 10 with 1820 viewsNorthernr

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 13:42 - Jul 10 by 18StoneOfHoop

BTW Clive how many page impressions/visits to the site on Manic Park Si Captain Nazi Monday?
A record for the year?
Also, what is the longest non-word association thread of the last 3 years? Can we beat it with this thread?

Go on then Queensparker to what films apart from LiarLiar is Rio referring to in his tweets? I estimate he's got approximately 42% more intelligence than his honest but dim younger brother.Not that that takes him into the faux-intellectual,Nietzche-loving,auto-didact,noble Scouse savage,Guardian-patronised-working-class-favourite, Joseph Barton MentalMensaMember stratosphere or anything.

Yeah Makavelli,New Jack City???? Come again,Rio?

-------------------------

Later Addendum.

Yeah Clive,of course the day after our amazing nail-biting May 13th day of our enthralling survival and the greatest ever finish to a Premier season would have got most hits..

Page impression stats for the last week...

Mon 9 Jul 2012 87509
Sun 8 Jul 2012 58743
Sat 7 Jul 2012 86422
Fri 6 Jul 2012 91509
Thu 5 Jul 2012 73934
Wed 4 Jul 2012 67785
Tue 3 Jul 2012 64184
Mon 2 Jul 2012 73149

Think the site record is the Man City weekend, although Faurlin hearing might have brought more.

Tue 15 May 2012 86589
Mon 14 May 2012 123779
Sun 13 May 2012 104406
John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 13:49 - Jul 10 with 1792 viewsQPR1882

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 13:34 - Jul 10 by queensparker

If it does get dismissed they may as well close up the kick Racism out of football campaign.

No officer my words were responsive and not accusatory just like the Terry case

ok carry on then

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 13:49 - Jul 10 with 1790 viewsisawqpratwcity

John Terry goes on trial this Monday on 13:45 - Jul 10 by Northernr

Page impression stats for the last week...

Mon 9 Jul 2012 87509
Sun 8 Jul 2012 58743
Sat 7 Jul 2012 86422
Fri 6 Jul 2012 91509
Thu 5 Jul 2012 73934
Wed 4 Jul 2012 67785
Tue 3 Jul 2012 64184
Mon 2 Jul 2012 73149

Think the site record is the Man City weekend, although Faurlin hearing might have brought more.

Tue 15 May 2012 86589
Mon 14 May 2012 123779
Sun 13 May 2012 104406

Not bad for off-season, though...

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024