Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Rangers dropping down to Division 3 15:09 - Jul 13 with 3713 viewsolympicdale

Good, shouldn't have been in question, would love to see the faces of the Celtic fans at this moment.

Life is a game of fate.

Rangers dropping down to Division 3 on 15:27 - Jul 13 with 3095 viewsrafc1984

Wonder what the odds would be, on Rangers getting 3 successive promotions..
Rangers dropping down to Division 3 on 15:29 - Jul 13 with 3075 viewslurker

First of all, you are right. It is good and should be a lesson to any other "big clubs" engaging in such activity that a club's stature will not necessarily mean they can circumvent the rules.

Secondly, although there will have been many a Celtic fan having a good chuckle at first, in the cold light of day I think they will be dismayed that for the next 3 years at least they will have to make do with the likes of Hearts, Hibs, Motherwell and Aberdeen being their biggest games (cup ties aside of course).
Rangers dropping down to Division 3 on 16:06 - Jul 13 with 3028 views_dezzy

Just get them other glasgow scumbags relegated and the spl will be a better league

KHBA

Rangers dropping down to Division 3 on 16:21 - Jul 13 with 3010 viewsRalphs12

Isn't there talk of an SPL2 now to accommodate rangers? Be an utter shambles if that came through.

Alot or Rangers fans want to be in Division 3 I believe mainly so they can't be seen to have been treated differently. Rightly so.
Rangers dropping down to Division 3 on 17:06 - Jul 13 with 2955 viewsolympicdale

Rangers dropping down to Division 3 on 16:21 - Jul 13 by Ralphs12

Isn't there talk of an SPL2 now to accommodate rangers? Be an utter shambles if that came through.

Alot or Rangers fans want to be in Division 3 I believe mainly so they can't be seen to have been treated differently. Rightly so.

not a hope in hell of that, if it did they may as well close down the spl and the entire scottish leagues, its an utter shambles right the way down.

Life is a game of fate.

Rangers dropping down to Division 3 on 18:01 - Jul 13 with 2898 viewsmacro

Rangers dropping down to Division 3 on 16:21 - Jul 13 by Ralphs12

Having 2 larger divisions would probably make the SPL more competitive as the bigger clubs would pick up more wins.

Mmm I wonder if Celtic will win the SPL this coming season?
Rangers dropping down to Division 3 on 18:07 - Jul 13 with 2888 viewsolympicdale

Rangers dropping down to Division 3 on 18:01 - Jul 13 by macro

Having 2 larger divisions would probably make the SPL more competitive as the bigger clubs would pick up more wins.

Mmm I wonder if Celtic will win the SPL this coming season?

It may help scottish football if Motherwell or another team can gain regular champions league football, if they made it into the group stage, by the time Rangers arrive back it could have helped to bridge the gap, but its not a league anymore, the biggest 'excitement' is the fight for 2nd.

Life is a game of fate.

Rangers dropping down to Division 3 on 23:30 - Jul 13 with 2796 viewsD_Alien

Am I the only one to find the situation fascinating? Rather than just making puerile points?

I'll bet that many football fans first port of call at 5pm on Saturday's this forthcoming season (after checking the results of the league their team plays in) will be Scottish League Division Three.

I, for one, will be willing the newco to fight their way through to the top flight.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Login to get fewer ads

Rangers dropping down to Division 3 on 00:06 - Jul 14 with 2772 viewsfermin

Rangers dropping down to Division 3 on 23:30 - Jul 13 by D_Alien

Am I the only one to find the situation fascinating? Rather than just making puerile points?

I'll bet that many football fans first port of call at 5pm on Saturday's this forthcoming season (after checking the results of the league their team plays in) will be Scottish League Division Three.

I, for one, will be willing the newco to fight their way through to the top flight.

I think most 'Rangers' fans wanted division 3 because they hope it will cause SPL clubs to go to the wall not out of any sense of fair play. If/when they get back to the top flight (SPL or otherwise) they will be even more intolerable than they are now, so I for one hope they do not walk it up the divisions. Their attitude and that of their craven sycophants in the media recently has been appalling and utterly patronising. I cannot consider them in the same way as I do clubs like Wimbledon and Chester, for example.

They are lucky to have been allowed to circumvent the normal admissions procedures for the SFL with no other clubs being allowed to submmit applications for the vacancy. However, they see this as punishment rather than the direct consequences of their actions.

Hopefully their absence will allow a proper reorganisation of Scottish football without the cartel that exists now and make the top division more competitive and interesting, if others can step up to the challenge.

I have to say that in the absence of anything particularly interesting happening down south, the whole process has been fascinating, especially seeing how the fans of almost every club have forced this through despite the scaremongering of the media and the machiavellian plans of the SFA and SPL bigwigs (and possibly some of the SPL clubs).

Twitter joke from Frankie Boyle: 'Live in a Scottish town in the middle of nowhere? Book an A-level exam in Irish History because you're about to get a f***ing crashcourse.' Says it all about Rangers (and Celtic).
Rangers dropping down to Division 3 on 00:58 - Jul 14 with 2750 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Rangers dropping down to Division 3 on 00:06 - Jul 14 by fermin

I think most 'Rangers' fans wanted division 3 because they hope it will cause SPL clubs to go to the wall not out of any sense of fair play. If/when they get back to the top flight (SPL or otherwise) they will be even more intolerable than they are now, so I for one hope they do not walk it up the divisions. Their attitude and that of their craven sycophants in the media recently has been appalling and utterly patronising. I cannot consider them in the same way as I do clubs like Wimbledon and Chester, for example.

They are lucky to have been allowed to circumvent the normal admissions procedures for the SFL with no other clubs being allowed to submmit applications for the vacancy. However, they see this as punishment rather than the direct consequences of their actions.

Hopefully their absence will allow a proper reorganisation of Scottish football without the cartel that exists now and make the top division more competitive and interesting, if others can step up to the challenge.

I have to say that in the absence of anything particularly interesting happening down south, the whole process has been fascinating, especially seeing how the fans of almost every club have forced this through despite the scaremongering of the media and the machiavellian plans of the SFA and SPL bigwigs (and possibly some of the SPL clubs).

Twitter joke from Frankie Boyle: 'Live in a Scottish town in the middle of nowhere? Book an A-level exam in Irish History because you're about to get a f***ing crashcourse.' Says it all about Rangers (and Celtic).

A little birdy told me they'll be eligible to jump ship to North East Counties Football or Evo-Stik Northern League - North if they so please beginning of 2013/2014 season just like Colwyn Bay, Wrexham, Cardiff City & Swansea City did

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

Rangers dropping down to Division 3 on 01:14 - Jul 14 with 2746 viewsolympicdale

Rangers dropping down to Division 3 on 00:06 - Jul 14 by fermin

Scottish football needs a mass grenade up its arse, the fact, as you said, Rangers see this as a punishment is appauling, if this was any other team there wouldnt be any question what would have happened.

All this talk that Rangers would have reorganised the division 1 had they been allowed to enter is a shameless bribe, and im so glad they havent fallen for it. The sfl have shown some real balls to do what they've done, granted it had to happen, but given who it was, they could easily have buckled.

This could, and should, be the start of change in scotland, to how the league system is run, and to share the money pot around to more than 2 clubs in over 40.

Life is a game of fate.

Rangers dropping down to Division 3 on 13:14 - Jul 14 with 2632 viewsolympicdale

fao fitzochris: why is it Queens park play at Hampdom park just ooi? looking online cant find any reasoning, do they not have a ground, but surely there is somewhere smaller lol

Life is a game of fate.

Rangers dropping down to Division 3 on 13:20 - Jul 14 with 2628 viewsTVOS1907

Rangers dropping down to Division 3 on 13:14 - Jul 14 by olympicdale

fao fitzochris: why is it Queens park play at Hampdom park just ooi? looking online cant find any reasoning, do they not have a ground, but surely there is somewhere smaller lol

Because it's their home ground and has been since 1873!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen%27s_Park_F.C.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Rangers dropping down to Division 3 on 13:28 - Jul 14 with 2618 viewswimborne_dale

I wonder when Rangers will rack up their first double figure scoreline?

Edgar Allan's Crow

Rangers dropping down to Division 3 on 13:48 - Jul 14 with 2605 viewsolympicdale

Rangers dropping down to Division 3 on 13:20 - Jul 14 by TVOS1907

Because it's their home ground and has been since 1873!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Queen%27s_Park_F.C.

i just wondered if it was a temporary thing, they must be subsidised by someone to use it, good on 'em though, thats some home stadium.

Life is a game of fate.

Rangers dropping down to Division 3 on 15:15 - Jul 14 with 2577 viewsphomem

Rangers dropping down to Division 3 on 13:28 - Jul 14 by wimborne_dale

I wonder when Rangers will rack up their first double figure scoreline?

What odds on winning every game?
Rangers dropping down to Division 3 on 19:44 - Jul 14 with 2494 viewsnewall

The Rangers fans are not happy with playing division 3 but they have now totally lost the plot because they have found out the new owner of the club is the Pope!!!!!!
Rangers dropping down to Division 3 on 11:35 - Jul 15 with 2437 viewsPerthDale

Rangers dropping down to Division 3 on 13:48 - Jul 14 by olympicdale

i just wondered if it was a temporary thing, they must be subsidised by someone to use it, good on 'em though, thats some home stadium.

No, it is their permanent home and has been for most of their existence - 'First' Hampden was at what is now a nearby bowling club; 'Second Hampden' was at what is now Caithkin Park (former home of defunct Third Lanark - the pitch still remains, as does much of the overgrown, tree-infested terracing); 'Third' Hampden' is the current home.

Queens Park were the first football club in Scotland and joined the (English) FA. They even provide all the players for the first international game between the two nations.

They had a huge influence on the early days of Scottish football and seemed to be the natural host for internationals. As crowds increased they merely piled up more thousands of tons of cinders to provide more terracing, until the bowl could take 150,000 spectators.

The club have remained true to their early roots and have remained an amateur club, hence the fact that they are such a lowly club playing in such a large stadium. I am almost certain that they still own the ground, but the improvements have been paid for with SFA money and government grants.

Queens Park do have another stadium, just behind the west stand, called Lesser Hampden - they used to play some league games there but it is now used for youth teams. The ground was built on farmland and the old farmhouse is now the football pavillion - possibly the oldest football building still in use.

When you think about how much property they own, and the fact that their amateur status means they don't pay out much, they are probably the richest club in Scottish football.

Rangers dropping down to Division 3 on 11:37 - Jul 15 with 2436 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

One of the most striking things to come from this debacle is the complete lack of remorse from former Rangers that they have created this situation. Green came out recently with some dignity but he is the one and only who seems to be expressing sorrow for a situation he has not created.

Former owners, fans, all seem to feel they are being hard done by. Yet, no punishment has been dealt out yet!!

Regan and Doncaster have behaved appaulingly throughout the recent voting, doom-mongering and warning about the bleak future without a new Rangers in the SPL or SFL. It's all about money....and very little about football. They nailed their colours to the mast and should now resign. The document in the SoS today shows the meetings held were all about accomodating a new Rangers from the start and changing the face of the league structures if required to do this.

The status quo suited the SFA, SPL and SFL fine as they could simply hold their hands out and bolster the coffers, no forward planning, no investment, no restructures, no need to be fair across the board (remember Rangers and Celtic held a veto on any SPL voting!!)

The chronology in handling this has also been pretty poor...between the SPL vote, then the SFL vote, yet it is only now we're coming to the appellate tribunal. Then the HMRC details will need to be settled.

Survival of the newco is far from guaranteed, yet the governing bodies are quite happy to hang their jackets on the shoogly peg.

It's very easy to take a swipe at the Scottish game....however, the Chairmen of the clubs listened to the fans (they had to really!) and voted against the governing bodies wishes. This could spell a longer period of financial instability for some clubs but the first blow for football over money has been struck. There are very few principles left in modern football. Other leagues in other countries will not follow suit as greed is far too rife.
Rangers dropping down to Division 3 on 11:54 - Jul 15 with 2420 viewsPerthDale

Rangers dropping down to Division 3 on 11:37 - Jul 15 by Albert_Whitehurst

One of the most striking things to come from this debacle is the complete lack of remorse from former Rangers that they have created this situation. Green came out recently with some dignity but he is the one and only who seems to be expressing sorrow for a situation he has not created.

Former owners, fans, all seem to feel they are being hard done by. Yet, no punishment has been dealt out yet!!

Regan and Doncaster have behaved appaulingly throughout the recent voting, doom-mongering and warning about the bleak future without a new Rangers in the SPL or SFL. It's all about money....and very little about football. They nailed their colours to the mast and should now resign. The document in the SoS today shows the meetings held were all about accomodating a new Rangers from the start and changing the face of the league structures if required to do this.

The status quo suited the SFA, SPL and SFL fine as they could simply hold their hands out and bolster the coffers, no forward planning, no investment, no restructures, no need to be fair across the board (remember Rangers and Celtic held a veto on any SPL voting!!)

The chronology in handling this has also been pretty poor...between the SPL vote, then the SFL vote, yet it is only now we're coming to the appellate tribunal. Then the HMRC details will need to be settled.

Survival of the newco is far from guaranteed, yet the governing bodies are quite happy to hang their jackets on the shoogly peg.

It's very easy to take a swipe at the Scottish game....however, the Chairmen of the clubs listened to the fans (they had to really!) and voted against the governing bodies wishes. This could spell a longer period of financial instability for some clubs but the first blow for football over money has been struck. There are very few principles left in modern football. Other leagues in other countries will not follow suit as greed is far too rife.

There has been a huge backlash from fans of non-Old Firm clubs, with the threat of walking away from Scottish football altogether if the authorities fiddled it. This has concentrated a lot of minds in most boardrooms - you can survive if TV revenue falls, but there's no point if your fans have disappeared.

I agree about Regan and Doncaster, they have been adamant that Scottish football can't survive without Rangers in the top flight. If that is what they believe then they have to make way for replacements that can make a go of the mess we're now in.

This is a great chance to reform the game here, and the first step has to be breaking the power cartel the Old Firm has represented for years. No veto on SPL votes, equal sharing of TV revenues, and even going back to the sharing of gate revenues that used to common in football.

Regan and Doncaster have talked about the long slow lingering death of Scottish football without Rangers, but that is what we've been going through for years with the dominance of the big two. It is decades since another club won the league title, and if we are saying clubs cannot survive without a few visits from the OF what happens if they ever find another league that will have them? No, it's time to bite the bullet, get new leadership and find an alternative way for football to survive.
Rangers dropping down to Division 3 on 11:56 - Jul 15 with 2418 viewsPerthDale

Just another point relating to Hampden.

I read the other day that Scotland is now the only footballing nation in the world to have two FIFA 5 star rated stadiums in their fourth tier.
Rangers dropping down to Division 3 on 12:04 - Jul 15 with 2411 viewsD_Alien

Another point related to Hampden

A fabulous place for rock gigs!

AC/DC 1 July 2009 (a proper rock band, Roccy!)
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Rangers dropping down to Division 3 on 12:04 - Jul 15 with 2411 viewsolympicdale

Rangers dropping down to Division 3 on 11:56 - Jul 15 by PerthDale

Just another point relating to Hampden.

I read the other day that Scotland is now the only footballing nation in the world to have two FIFA 5 star rated stadiums in their fourth tier.

whats the other? murryfields

Life is a game of fate.

Rangers dropping down to Division 3 on 12:13 - Jul 15 with 2398 viewsTVOS1907

Rangers dropping down to Division 3 on 12:04 - Jul 15 by olympicdale

whats the other? murryfields

Hampden Park & Ibrox.

Murrayfield is a rugby stadium.

Rangers dropping down to Division 3 on 12:16 - Jul 15 with 2391 viewsTVOS1907

Rangers dropping down to Division 3 on 12:04 - Jul 15 by D_Alien

Another point related to Hampden

A fabulous place for rock gigs!

AC/DC 1 July 2009 (a proper rock band, Roccy!)

Please don't encourage him.

He'll hit back with some tripe asking how many T-shirts they have sold.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024