Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tonight's match 22:17 - Sep 4 with 2663 viewsAtThePeake

Weird one tonight. Played well and probably deserved the win, but a few weak links in the side and a couple of defensive errors from set pieces allowed them to take it to penalties.

The keeper looked OK. Didn't command his area too well, hence the goals from set pieces. They almost got another one when it was 2-2 from some fairly poor keeping at a set piece, but he showed he is a decent shot-stopper, making a few good saves in the first half, and saving two penalties of course.

For me, Bennett can start against Burton too. He looked more commanding and stronger than Ryan Edwards. Just my personal opinion, but he's also our player rather than a loanee and I'd look to give him a start, so long as he and the rest of the defence do some work on set pieces over the next 3 days!

The two full backs and Edwards were fairly solid again.

In the midfield, Tutte wasn't as bright and energetic as usual but again didn't do much wrong. Came into his own a little more in the second half and was finding the passes well.

Crainey looked lost, as someone said on one of the other threads. From this evidence, he wouldn't be getting a full-time contract from me. Too many times he looked to play a simple ball as quickly as possible, and that drive we used to see from him in an Accy shirt appears to have gone. BBM didn't do much really. His corners wind me up, every single one floated into the same spot and every single one dealt with easily.

Going forward, Putterill picked up the man of the match and rightly so. There was a real zip and confidence in his play, illustrated by his terrific equaliser. Donnelly, for me, is yet to have a really good game. He works hard but he lacks that instinct, particularly in shooting positions. He also seems rushed a lot of the time, rather than relaxing on the ball he looks to get rid a bit too quickly for my liking. Grant is a good signing. He, like Putterill, looked confident and calm on the ball and he definitely adds an extra dimension to our attack.

All in all there were positives and negatives from tonight's game, but I'd say mainly positives. We have some really good players in this squad and if we can find the right balance, then I am feeling a lot more confident than I was a week or so ago. The link up play at times was good, but I think with the likes of Adebola instead of Donnelly and Kennedy instead of Crainey, we'd have been comfortable tonight against a Fleetwood side that had a few decent players but were nowhere near the world-beaters they were bigged up to be at the start of the season. I don't know if they were lacking a few first-teamers aswell, but either way then our 'first team' so to speak, would be comfortable against the team we played tonight.

Tangled up in blue.

Tonight's match on 14:24 - Sep 5 with 718 views442Dale

Tonight's match on 14:22 - Sep 5 by DaleAwaydayBot

Briels you ever tried England Under 21s or England Women?

Clear message, don't just stick to seniors.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Tonight's match on 14:26 - Sep 5 with 709 viewsTTNYear

Sometimes jokes just create themselves

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

Tonight's match on 14:28 - Sep 5 with 703 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Tonight's match on 14:26 - Sep 5 by TTNYear

Sometimes jokes just create themselves

what you mean on that amber site?

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

Tonight's match on 14:34 - Sep 5 with 685 viewsTTNYear

Tonight's match on 14:28 - Sep 5 by DaleAwaydayBot

No Taz...

Breels trying Under 21' s or England Women.

See you made a funny. Bask in its glory.

Anti-cliquism is the last refuge of the messageboard scoundrel - Copyright Dorset Dale productions

Tonight's match on 14:37 - Sep 5 with 678 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Tonight's match on 14:34 - Sep 5 by TTNYear

No Taz...

Its actually a cracking atmosphere when went both during last season i got 100% record watching England Teams and GB

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

Tonight's match on 14:40 - Sep 5 with 673 viewsBrierls

I did have a dabble with Theo Walcott once, but his Uncle Sven got jealous and took him off on some swanky all-inclusive holiday. I think they went to Germany. He was back before I knew it, but things had cooled and we never saw each other again.

I have limited experience with 'England Women', I guess we're not all cut out to be an international ladies man.
Tonight's match on 14:42 - Sep 5 with 669 viewsJumeirahDale

Tonight's match on 14:28 - Sep 5 by DaleAwaydayBot

To be fair, that's not a bad comeback from young Tazzy (accidental or not)!!
Tonight's match on 14:50 - Sep 5 with 651 viewsTVOS1907

Tonight's match on 14:34 - Sep 5 by TTNYear

No Taz...

'Bask in its glory' is another such joke.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Login to get fewer ads

Tonight's match on 14:52 - Sep 5 with 644 viewsTVOS1907

Tonight's match on 13:49 - Sep 5 by DaleAwaydayBot

can we try a England atmosphere Saturday in there it'll be great practice for the 10th?

It will for anyone who's going or seriously interested in it.

Tonight's match on 14:54 - Sep 5 with 637 viewsTTNYear

Tonight's match on 14:42 - Sep 5 by JumeirahDale

To be fair, that's not a bad comeback from young Tazzy (accidental or not)!!

For Tazzy, yeah I suppose so. Frankie Boyle's bricking himself

Tonight's match on 15:05 - Sep 5 with 617 viewsTVOS1907

Tonight's match on 14:54 - Sep 5 by TTNYear

For Tazzy, yeah I suppose so. Frankie Boyle's bricking himself

Hope he's not a brick himself, like that 442 bloke.

Tonight's match on 15:21 - Sep 5 with 605 viewsdebbiesfella

Who hasn't tried England women
Tonight's match on 15:39 - Sep 5 with 586 views442Dale

Tonight's match on 15:05 - Sep 5 by TVOS1907

Hope he's not a brick himself, like that 442 bloke.

Harsh.

Fair.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Tonight's match on 18:21 - Sep 5 with 510 viewslove_the_dale

Tonight's match on 22:48 - Sep 4 by RammyDale

Anybody know how strong the Fleetwood team were tonight. Was that their usual first team or did they do a Dale and field some reserves ?

Fleetwood started with 3 of the team that started last Saturday, plus 5 who were on the bench, plus 3 who weren't in the squad. Rochdale started with 6 of last Saturday's starting team plus 5 who were on the bench.

I thought it was a thoroughly entertaining and competitive game, and am encouraged by the fact that, not only do we have a team playing good football, but also we have good stand-ins for every position, most of whom are probably as good as the current first choices.
Tonight's match on 18:41 - Sep 5 with 482 viewsSuddenLad

Tonight's match on 18:21 - Sep 5 by love_the_dale

Fleetwood started with 3 of the team that started last Saturday, plus 5 who were on the bench, plus 3 who weren't in the squad. Rochdale started with 6 of last Saturday's starting team plus 5 who were on the bench.

I thought it was a thoroughly entertaining and competitive game, and am encouraged by the fact that, not only do we have a team playing good football, but also we have good stand-ins for every position, most of whom are probably as good as the current first choices.

You're right JC. Keep up the good work. We're heading in the right direction.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024