Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gillingham v Dale build up 06:01 - Sep 27 with 3033 viewsColDale

McIntyre to miss Gills trip http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/fb_news.php?storyid=18224&title=m

Gillingham ground guide http://www.footballgroundguide.com/gillingham/

Match odds http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/league-2/gillingham-v-rochdale/winne

Matchday weather http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2648657

Any other stories, please link away
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Gillingham v Dale build up on 08:34 - Sep 27 with 1922 viewsD_Dale

I've just watched the highlights of Gillingham's win at Port Vale:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/live/match/263333/video

It's hard to judge from a two-minute report, but it looks as though Gillingham took advantage of slack defending (none of that with Dale!) to score two early goals and then absorbed any pressure as Vale chased their lead.

To grasp at a couple of straws, Gillingham have beaten mostly lower-league sides this season. And Chesterfield took a point there. Also, doesn't Martin Allen tend to lift teams in the early phase of his managerships, and then start to lose the plot?

After a flying start, Gillingham are due for the sort of bad defeat that all other top-half L2 teams have already had this season!

Gillingham v Dale build up on 11:44 - Sep 27 with 1868 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Coach Cancelled Not Really surprised after seeing Gillingham's Away End last February

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/gillingham-coach-cancelled-393417.aspx

Roll On Accrington & Plymouth

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

Gillingham v Dale build up on 13:11 - Sep 27 with 1829 viewsTVOS1907

Gillingham v Dale build up on 11:44 - Sep 27 by DaleAwaydayBot

Coach Cancelled Not Really surprised after seeing Gillingham's Away End last February

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/gillingham-coach-cancelled-393417.aspx

I think how far away it is might be a greater factor, Taz.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Gillingham v Dale build up on 13:34 - Sep 27 with 1818 viewsolympicdale

Gillingham v Dale build up on 11:44 - Sep 27 by DaleAwaydayBot

so much for the "not made for profit, about providing a service to the fans" they really need to stop saying that each year.

Life is a game of fate.

Gillingham v Dale build up on 14:36 - Sep 27 with 1798 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Gillingham v Dale build up on 13:11 - Sep 27 by TVOS1907

I think how far away it is might be a greater factor, Taz.

so same outcome for Wycombe Wanderers Away then?

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

Gillingham v Dale build up on 17:10 - Sep 27 with 1728 viewsTVOS1907

Gillingham v Dale build up on 14:36 - Sep 27 by DaleAwaydayBot

so same outcome for Wycombe Wanderers Away then?

Probably even though they've got a roof.

Gillingham v Dale build up on 17:12 - Sep 27 with 1726 viewsTVOS1907

Gillingham v Dale build up on 13:34 - Sep 27 by olympicdale

so much for the "not made for profit, about providing a service to the fans" they really need to stop saying that each year.

Who's said that?

It's more to do with not losing thousands of pounds each year.

Gillingham v Dale build up on 17:38 - Sep 27 with 1707 viewsphomem

Gillingham v Dale build up on 13:34 - Sep 27 by olympicdale

It's simple economics. The club will lose money.

I tell you what though I'll do you a deal you need five hundred pounds to make something break even ie the coach I'll raise eighty pounds for it through ticket sales. You put the rest in from your pocket.

Why should the club make a loss
Login to get fewer ads

Gillingham v Dale build up on 19:12 - Sep 27 with 1652 viewsolympicdale

Gillingham v Dale build up on 17:12 - Sep 27 by TVOS1907

Who's said that?

It's more to do with not losing thousands of pounds each year.

I've had it said to me on a couple of occasions over the past 2 years when booking coaches for away travel, by member of the staff at the club, who is still there now, quite high up, he/she said that the main aspect of them was to provide a service to the fans, its not run to make a profit, about the fans.

If the sole purpose is just for profit, then don't run it at all, because im sure we don't get enough fans to make a profit regularly for away travel, but it was always run, or more often than not, but now its much more stringent.

It's a vicious circle, people wont book on the coaches because they have no faith in it being run, and wont waste their time.

Life is a game of fate.

Gillingham v Dale build up on 20:25 - Sep 27 with 1605 viewsmacro

Gillingham v Dale build up on 19:12 - Sep 27 by olympicdale

I've had it said to me on a couple of occasions over the past 2 years when booking coaches for away travel, by member of the staff at the club, who is still there now, quite high up, he/she said that the main aspect of them was to provide a service to the fans, its not run to make a profit, about the fans.

If the sole purpose is just for profit, then don't run it at all, because im sure we don't get enough fans to make a profit regularly for away travel, but it was always run, or more often than not, but now its much more stringent.

It's a vicious circle, people wont book on the coaches because they have no faith in it being run, and wont waste their time.

I can't believe what you've just put OD I can't imagine anyone within the club would make that statement

The club is not going to run a service for a loss end of story. They will know how many people they will need on the coach for it to be a viable service for each away game

Yes it is a service for fans but it's not a charity.

Gillingham v Dale build up on 20:36 - Sep 27 with 1596 viewsTVOS1907

Gillingham v Dale build up on 19:12 - Sep 27 by olympicdale

Anything sold by a business is there to make a profit!

However, in this case, it's also there to provide a service for the fans, but the club cannot possibly entertain taking a coach to Gillingham with only 5 people on it! There was next to no chance of it ever running.

Of course it's more stringent now. We are in times of austerity and the club, like most supporters, have to manage their money more prudently.

Two or more years ago, we could be taking 1, 2 or 3 coaches to some away games, with the profit from those covering some of the shortfall on other trips.

Now that our crowds and away followings have dropped off, this simply isn't a viable economic possibility, especially with fuel costs and coach hire much more than in the past.

How did y0our conversation with this prominent person at the club come about when you were making a booking?

Gillingham v Dale build up on 20:40 - Sep 27 with 1588 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Gillingham v Dale build up on 20:36 - Sep 27 by TVOS1907

However, in this case, it's also there to provide a service for the fans, but the club cannot possibly entertain taking a coach to Gillingham with only 5 people on it! There was next to no chance of it ever running.

Of course it's more stringent now. We are in times of austerity and the club, like most supporters, have to manage their money more prudently.

Two or more years ago, we could be taking 1, 2 or 3 coaches to some away games, with the profit from those covering some of the shortfall on other trips.

Now that our crowds and away followings have dropped off, this simply isn't a viable economic possibility, especially with fuel costs and coach hire much more than in the past.

How did y0our conversation with this prominent person at the club come about when you were making a booking?

I hope we reach the FA Cup 3rd Round and it ends up a big team like Chelsea Away then i bet we'd take 20-30 coaches easy i would love to know how Accrington do it week in, week out

Gillingham v Dale build up on 20:41 - Sep 27 with 1583 viewsShun

Gillingham v Dale build up on 08:34 - Sep 27 by D_Dale

I've just watched the highlights of Gillingham's win at Port Vale:

http://www1.skysports.com/football/live/match/263333/video

It's hard to judge from a two-minute report, but it looks as though Gillingham took advantage of slack defending (none of that with Dale!) to score two early goals and then absorbed any pressure as Vale chased their lead.

To grasp at a couple of straws, Gillingham have beaten mostly lower-league sides this season. And Chesterfield took a point there. Also, doesn't Martin Allen tend to lift teams in the early phase of his managerships, and then start to lose the plot?

After a flying start, Gillingham are due for the sort of bad defeat that all other top-half L2 teams have already had this season!

Optimism! I like it!
Gillingham v Dale build up on 20:46 - Sep 27 with 1571 viewsmacro

He doesn't have to worry surely taking in previous threads OD doesn't do away games!
Gillingham v Dale build up on 21:09 - Sep 27 with 1553 viewsolympicdale

It was just a conversion whilst booking a coach, cant remember where, I forgot to log it. I was just saying that it must be hard when so little book a seat, to make a profit, and thats when the fore-mentioned comment came from him/her, that it wasn't about making a profit, more about providing a valuable service for the fans.

Life is a game of fate.

Gillingham v Dale build up on 21:15 - Sep 27 with 1547 viewsolympicdale

Gillingham v Dale build up on 20:46 - Sep 27 by macro

He doesn't have to worry surely taking in previous threads OD doesn't do away games!

I will go to away games that I can get to/afford to, normally more localised games, 1/2 hours away, but this year gonna be a bit harder. I'm sick of some of the shit some people spout on here that if you don't go to every single game your not a proper fan, guess it makes them feel important, and how they define themselves.

Life is a game of fate.

Gillingham v Dale build up on 21:55 - Sep 27 with 1515 viewsTVOS1907

Gillingham v Dale build up on 20:40 - Sep 27 by DaleAwaydayBot

I hope we reach the FA Cup 3rd Round and it ends up a big team like Chelsea Away then i bet we'd take 20-30 coaches easy i would love to know how Accrington do it week in, week out

Yes, I'd love to know how Accrington take 20-30 coaches each week, Taz.

Gillingham v Dale build up on 21:56 - Sep 27 with 1512 viewsTVOS1907

Gillingham v Dale build up on 21:09 - Sep 27 by olympicdale

It was just a conversion whilst booking a coach, cant remember where, I forgot to log it. I was just saying that it must be hard when so little book a seat, to make a profit, and thats when the fore-mentioned comment came from him/her, that it wasn't about making a profit, more about providing a valuable service for the fans.

Were you unsure of the sex of this person?

Gillingham v Dale build up on 21:59 - Sep 27 with 1508 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Gillingham v Dale build up on 21:55 - Sep 27 by TVOS1907

Yes, I'd love to know how Accrington take 20-30 coaches each week, Taz.

No Accrington run a coach everywhere as far as a couple of there fans told me but there on the ball i think there way of running a coach needs adapting into the rochdale fans way of life and they set themselves targets aswell which they pretty much meet what excally do we do to encourage people that there is life outside of town??

Gillingham v Dale build up on 22:04 - Sep 27 with 1501 viewsphomem

Gillingham v Dale build up on 21:15 - Sep 27 by olympicdale

I will go to away games that I can get to/afford to, normally more localised games, 1/2 hours away, but this year gonna be a bit harder. I'm sick of some of the shit some people spout on here that if you don't go to every single game your not a proper fan, guess it makes them feel important, and how they define themselves.

One to two hours away or half an hour!

You see chesterfield and Rotherham were within the two hour distance.

Not spouting on od that'd be yourself trying to come across as the font of all knowledge on everything or mores to the point being convinced your opinion is always right.

Gillingham v Dale build up on 22:23 - Sep 27 with 1490 viewsolympicdale

Gillingham v Dale build up on 21:56 - Sep 27 by TVOS1907

Were you unsure of the sex of this person?

no, that potatoe bag they were dressed in,and the paper bag over the head made it tough.

Life is a game of fate.

Gillingham v Dale build up on 22:24 - Sep 27 with 1487 viewsphomem

Gillingham v Dale build up on 22:23 - Sep 27 by olympicdale

no, that potatoe bag they were dressed in,and the paper bag over the head made it tough.

Did they come from Suffolk as well then
Gillingham v Dale build up on 22:33 - Sep 27 with 1480 viewsolympicdale

Gillingham v Dale build up on 22:04 - Sep 27 by phomem

One to two hours away or half an hour!

You see chesterfield and Rotherham were within the two hour distance.

Not spouting on od that'd be yourself trying to come across as the font of all knowledge on everything or mores to the point being convinced your opinion is always right.

yes thank you for the geography lesson there, thank god, Id have headed to scotland (!). I couldnt get to Chesterfield or Rotherham, would have loved to have gone to the latter.

sounds like I touched a nerve with my post there.

Life is a game of fate.

Gillingham v Dale build up on 22:53 - Sep 27 with 1463 viewsphomem

Gillingham v Dale build up on 22:33 - Sep 27 by olympicdale

yes thank you for the geography lesson there, thank god, Id have headed to scotland (!). I couldnt get to Chesterfield or Rotherham, would have loved to have gone to the latter.

sounds like I touched a nerve with my post there.

No nerve touched i just get amazed by your back tracking and idiocy.
Gillingham v Dale build up on 22:58 - Sep 27 with 1461 viewsolympicdale

Gillingham v Dale build up on 22:53 - Sep 27 by phomem

No nerve touched i just get amazed by your back tracking and idiocy.

good for you.

Life is a game of fate.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024