Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gillingham v Dale build up 06:01 - Sep 27 with 3035 viewsColDale

McIntyre to miss Gills trip http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/fb_news.php?storyid=18224&title=m

Gillingham ground guide http://www.footballgroundguide.com/gillingham/

Match odds http://www.oddschecker.com/football/english/league-2/gillingham-v-rochdale/winne

Matchday weather http://www.bbc.co.uk/weather/2648657

Any other stories, please link away
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Gillingham v Dale build up on 23:05 - Sep 27 with 1071 viewsphomem

Gillingham v Dale build up on 22:58 - Sep 27 by olympicdale

good for you.

Gillingham v Dale build up on 23:08 - Sep 27 with 1071 viewsShun

Gillingham v Dale build up on 22:53 - Sep 27 by phomem

No nerve touched i just get amazed by your back tracking and idiocy.

This love affair between you 2 is beginning to grate now!
Gillingham v Dale build up on 23:11 - Sep 27 with 1070 viewsolympicdale

Gillingham v Dale build up on 23:08 - Sep 27 by Shun

This love affair between you 2 is beginning to grate now!

yeah, all this sexual tension really heating up the MB.

Life is a game of fate.

Gillingham v Dale build up on 10:55 - Sep 28 with 1008 viewschuckleberry

Accrington's coach to Afc Wimbledon cancelled due to lack of interest:

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/afc-wimbledon-away-travel-62509.html

Not just us eh Tazzy?!
Gillingham v Dale build up on 11:21 - Sep 28 with 996 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Gillingham v Dale build up on 10:55 - Sep 28 by chuckleberry

Accrington's coach to Afc Wimbledon cancelled due to lack of interest:

http://www.accringtonweb.com/forum/f93/afc-wimbledon-away-travel-62509.html

Not just us eh Tazzy?!

it certainly shows what next season's gonna be like but maybe it'll take a conference away attitude to get the club to the top

Away games above 2 hours plus exclusive to fans who know how a train works or can drive

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

Gillingham v Dale build up on 12:23 - Sep 28 with 977 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

8 hour sale on match tickets

http://www.gillinghamfootballclub.com/news/article/8-hour-super-friday-sale-3957

After 3457 forum posts, 11 news comments & 1 match report....The Rochdale Information Robot were Born!!!

Gillingham v Dale build up on 12:54 - Sep 28 with 959 viewsSandy_Lane

Gillingham v Dale build up on 19:12 - Sep 27 by olympicdale

I've had it said to me on a couple of occasions over the past 2 years when booking coaches for away travel, by member of the staff at the club, who is still there now, quite high up, he/she said that the main aspect of them was to provide a service to the fans, its not run to make a profit, about the fans.

If the sole purpose is just for profit, then don't run it at all, because im sure we don't get enough fans to make a profit regularly for away travel, but it was always run, or more often than not, but now its much more stringent.

It's a vicious circle, people wont book on the coaches because they have no faith in it being run, and wont waste their time.

"It's not run to make a profit" doesn't mean it's run to make a loss. It means the intention is to break-even. Thereby providing the cheapest viable service to fans.

If the coach can't break-even then the club shouldn't run it at a loss, and if it makes a profit this should be used to reduce future costs to fans.

It's not to say 'the goal isn't to make a profit, and making a loss achieves that goal, so we should run loss-making coaches'!.
Gillingham v Dale build up on 13:32 - Sep 28 with 935 viewsolympicdale

Gillingham v Dale build up on 12:54 - Sep 28 by Sandy_Lane

"It's not run to make a profit" doesn't mean it's run to make a loss. It means the intention is to break-even. Thereby providing the cheapest viable service to fans.

If the coach can't break-even then the club shouldn't run it at a loss, and if it makes a profit this should be used to reduce future costs to fans.

It's not to say 'the goal isn't to make a profit, and making a loss achieves that goal, so we should run loss-making coaches'!.

I always wondered why the trust doesn't try to arrange some alternate travel to away games such as these, where the official coach is likely to be canceled.

Life is a game of fate.

Login to get fewer ads

Gillingham v Dale build up on 15:18 - Sep 28 with 897 viewsaleanddale

Gillingham v Dale build up on 13:32 - Sep 28 by olympicdale

I always wondered why the trust doesn't try to arrange some alternate travel to away games such as these, where the official coach is likely to be canceled.

Its a bit odd OD,

If you dont go to away games not sure why you are so vocal on the subject.

Now Tazzy on the other hand!!

Gillingham is a long way, there will be some exiles i am sure.

Any Dale fan that is a Rochdale resident making the trip then fair play and well done.

I think i will keep my powder dry for Accy and for the FAcup 1st round.
Gillingham v Dale build up on 15:36 - Sep 28 with 884 views442Dale

Gillingham v Dale build up on 12:23 - Sep 28 by DaleAwaydayBot

8 hour sale on match tickets

http://www.gillinghamfootballclub.com/news/article/8-hour-super-friday-sale-3957

That's interesting actually, are Dale fans able to take up this offer?

There used to be a rule about offering cheap promotions for home fans (twice a season?) and presumably this falls under that.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Gillingham v Dale build up on 15:43 - Sep 28 with 877 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Gillingham v Dale build up on 15:36 - Sep 28 by 442Dale

There used to be a rule about offering cheap promotions for home fans (twice a season?) and presumably this falls under that.

i have no idea just saw it though it needed posting on the thread i don't see them turning down money tbh they need it to pay for their training ground

Gillingham v Dale build up on 15:51 - Sep 28 with 870 viewsDorsetDale

Gillingham v Dale build up on 15:36 - Sep 28 by 442Dale

As you say, that used to be the case and still maybe.

Would imagine they are assuming the amount of Dale support fitting the category will be few if any and because of that, if push came to shove, they'll be giving Daleys the same discount.

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

Gillingham v Dale build up on 16:02 - Sep 28 with 864 viewsTVOS1907

So do you think that if the Trust had arranged a coach to Gillingham tomorrow it would miraculously fill up?

Maybe they could do with someone new joining their committee to look into this idea, as those involved already do enough given the time available to them.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Gillingham v Dale build up on 16:04 - Sep 28 with 857 viewsjudd

Gillingham v Dale build up on 20:36 - Sep 27 by TVOS1907

Anything sold by a business is there to make a profit!

However, in this case, it's also there to provide a service for the fans, but the club cannot possibly entertain taking a coach to Gillingham with only 5 people on it! There was next to no chance of it ever running.

Of course it's more stringent now. We are in times of austerity and the club, like most supporters, have to manage their money more prudently.

Two or more years ago, we could be taking 1, 2 or 3 coaches to some away games, with the profit from those covering some of the shortfall on other trips.

Now that our crowds and away followings have dropped off, this simply isn't a viable economic possibility, especially with fuel costs and coach hire much more than in the past.

How did y0our conversation with this prominent person at the club come about when you were making a booking?

Not necessarily the case, TVOS.

Loss leader strategies are carried out by a huge number of Companies in the hope of making profit from another revenue stream.

Some gubbins off the internet:

The loss leader strategy is more than just a nifty business trick - it is a successful strategy if executed properly.

A classic example is that of razor blades. Companies like Gillette essentially give their razor units away for free, knowing that customers will have to buy their replacement blades, which is where the company makes all of its profit.

Another example is Microsoft's Xbox video game system, which was sold at a loss of more than $100 per unit to create more potential to profit from the sale of higher-margin video games.

I don't know the answer for a club like ours, we're nowhere near the size of those conglomerates, but I'm sure if given some thought, something positive could come from it.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Gillingham v Dale build up on 16:18 - Sep 28 with 844 viewsphomem

Maybe the trust could all go on the coach. They're not going to be able to do any different to the club
Gillingham v Dale build up on 16:31 - Sep 28 with 838 viewsTVOS1907

Gillingham v Dale build up on 16:04 - Sep 28 by judd

Loss leader strategies are carried out by a huge number of Companies in the hope of making profit from another revenue stream.

The loss leader strategy is more than just a nifty business trick - it is a successful strategy if executed properly.

A classic example is that of razor blades. Companies like Gillette essentially give their razor units away for free, knowing that customers will have to buy their replacement blades, which is where the company makes all of its profit.

Another example is Microsoft's Xbox video game system, which was sold at a loss of more than $100 per unit to create more potential to profit from the sale of higher-margin video games.

I don't know the answer for a club like ours, we're nowhere near the size of those conglomerates, but I'm sure if given some thought, something positive could come from it.

Thanks Judd.

That's similar to profit on shorter trips making up for losses on longer trips (but in reverse when compared to your example).

Unfortunately the days where fans would view the coach as their first mode of transport are long gone, for many different reasons.

Cost, lack of interest, austerity, poor form by the team, other modes of transport and unreliability are six off the top of my head.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Gillingham v Dale build up on 23:31 - Sep 28 with 728 viewsroccydaleian

Programme preview.
http://www.gillinghamfootballclub.com/news/article/rochdale-programme-preview-39
Gillingham v Dale build up on 08:53 - Sep 29 with 692 viewsJumeirahDale

Gillingham v Dale build up on 16:04 - Sep 28 by judd

Also printers and ink cartridges. It's now about the same price to buy a new printer as it is to buy the ink for it.

Had a quiz question once - "what is the most expensive liquid on the consumer market per millilitre". Not Cristal or jet fuel, but bloody (not literally) printer ink!

Those poncy coffee machines that use the "pods" as well. Nespresso I think.
Gillingham v Dale build up on 14:04 - Sep 29 with 602 viewsmikehunt

The Accy coach thing: aren't they backed by Fraser Eagle coaches? (certainly they used to be) which would explain why a coach was given over to them for their away days.

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Gillingham v Dale build up on 14:27 - Sep 29 with 587 viewsDaleAwaydayBot

Gillingham v Dale build up on 14:04 - Sep 29 by mikehunt

The Accy coach thing: aren't they backed by Fraser Eagle coaches? (certainly they used to be) which would explain why a coach was given over to them for their away days.

The Coach Company use to sponsor there ground a couple season's back

Gillingham v Dale build up on 15:05 - Sep 29 with 559 viewsYouTubeDale

Got it now !!!

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Gillingham v Dale build up on 15:06 - Sep 29 with 555 viewsYouTubeDale

75 -100 Dale fans.

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Gillingham v Dale build up on 15:37 - Sep 29 with 540 viewsdalenumber2

Gills player sent off!!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024