Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just got back ... 18:24 - Oct 20 with 4563 viewsTVOS1907

...to the M5.

I can report there were no Mexican waves and Tazzy has done 4 grounds today.

As for the game, the first 15 minutes settled it. We were probably the better side from then on, but Plymouth could afford to be a bit more reticent in their play.

Apparently the manager has questioned his team selection and tactics, so make of that what you will.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Just got back ... on 09:50 - Oct 21 with 959 viewsTVOS1907

Just got back ... on 09:37 - Oct 21 by fitzochris

I saw that interview but find it hard to believe that we are retaining the likes of Craney and co if that is the case.

I know home attendances have dropped, and I believe you if you say it's a quarter, but Hilly always seemed to have room to manoeuvre with small crowds paying into his coffers. Now, I know Hilly had to move people out to move others in (oft against his will), so, as 442 said on another thread, it's time JC started to think about this if we're to create a competitive squad.

Players were being sold left, right and centre when Hill was manager, bringing more funds into the club to offset the low crowds. Nobody in the team now will command anywhere near those sorts of fees.

I also think he was a bit OTT at times about the finance side of things, as if trying to emotionally blackmail the board. He knew the score and it was a damned sight better than when he played with us.

Just got back ... on 09:53 - Oct 21 with 953 viewsfitzochris

Just got back ... on 09:50 - Oct 21 by TVOS1907

Players were being sold left, right and centre when Hill was manager, bringing more funds into the club to offset the low crowds. Nobody in the team now will command anywhere near those sorts of fees.

I also think he was a bit OTT at times about the finance side of things, as if trying to emotionally blackmail the board. He knew the score and it was a damned sight better than when he played with us.

Well, I think Jk and Tutte would attract a decent fee, but I am in no way advocating selling them. I'm talking more about moving people off the wage bill that are currently contributing nothing to the team.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Just got back ... on 09:54 - Oct 21 with 948 viewsTVOS1907

Just got back ... on 09:53 - Oct 21 by fitzochris

Well, I think Jk and Tutte would attract a decent fee, but I am in no way advocating selling them. I'm talking more about moving people off the wage bill that are currently contributing nothing to the team.

Definitely agree with that.

I'm not sure JK and AT would attract what could be termed decent fees, to be honest, especially as Tutte is going backwards so quickly.

Just got back ... on 10:08 - Oct 21 with 929 viewsDalenet

Just got back ... on 09:29 - Oct 21 by TVOS1907

Regarding the funds question, it would appear that we don't, if the manager's recent interview is anything to go by.

Also, our home attendances have dropped by around 25%, which will have a massive bearing on finances, especially when you consider there has been no reduction in other staffing areas of the club. It's obviously the playing budget that has taken that hit.

You've hit the nail on the head there TVOS. Not just home attendances. We have seen a big fall in season ticket sales, commercial sales and hospitality is not 100% sold at home. ur income has suffered enormously so far this season. Add to that we have a few players that will be on Div 1 wage contracts.

But the biggest issue when it comes to budgets was the really poor decision to gamble last season on not going down. We hoped Coleman would keep us up and we banked a profit. That money should have been spent on keeping us up. Relegation has cost us around £500,000 from both lost FL receipts (incl TV monies) and our own commercial takings. We'll never get that back and the playing budget is massively worse off for it. And we have no real assets to sell to help out either.
Just got back ... on 10:14 - Oct 21 with 922 viewsTVOS1907

Just got back ... on 10:08 - Oct 21 by Dalenet

You've hit the nail on the head there TVOS. Not just home attendances. We have seen a big fall in season ticket sales, commercial sales and hospitality is not 100% sold at home. ur income has suffered enormously so far this season. Add to that we have a few players that will be on Div 1 wage contracts.

But the biggest issue when it comes to budgets was the really poor decision to gamble last season on not going down. We hoped Coleman would keep us up and we banked a profit. That money should have been spent on keeping us up. Relegation has cost us around £500,000 from both lost FL receipts (incl TV monies) and our own commercial takings. We'll never get that back and the playing budget is massively worse off for it. And we have no real assets to sell to help out either.

Good points, but Coleman was appointed too late to spend any money, if any was made available to him.

Rumour has it he went for Jon Parkin, but his wage demands would have been out of most realistic budgets in the lower leagues, especially for a club like Dale.

Eyre also tried to spend on the likes of Kuqi, who went to Oldham, and Harrad, but he chose bury instead.

I think money was made available, but the managers were having trouble spending it for various reasons.

Just got back ... on 11:44 - Oct 21 with 851 viewsfitzochris

Just got back ... on 09:54 - Oct 21 by TVOS1907

Definitely agree with that.

I'm not sure JK and AT would attract what could be termed decent fees, to be honest, especially as Tutte is going backwards so quickly.

I wondered what you were on about there re Tutte but have now read the Gary Jones thread. Arf.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024