Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
From the official CTFC site.... 12:29 - Jan 23 with 5437 viewsMoonyDale

Snow still covers the Abbey Business Stadium pitch but there are hopes on an incoming thaw.

A blanket of snow still covers the Abbey Business Stadium pitch ahead of this Friday's game versus Rochdale.

The current plan is to leave the snow on the pitch because it will insulate against frost which, according to Head Groundsman Terry Roberts, will do a better job than the club's frost covers.

Forecasts predict that we could expect a thaw on Thursday/Friday. A decision on WHETHER TO CALL FOR A PITCH INSPECTION will be taken on Friday morning.

Earlier this week the club investigated the possibility of moving the game back to Saturday (when milder weather is forecast) but this was not possible for a variety of logistical reasons.

Volunteers clearing snow off the pitch is not an option currently for two reasons. The first being that there are no covers under the snow and the removal of snow with brushes and spades would destroy the pitch. The other reason is that the snow is acting as a shield against frost so there are no plans to remove the snow at this stage.

Hancox Catering have also informed us that there will likely be a limited menu on offer if the game does go ahead. This is due to the possibility of the game not going ahead and the risks of ordering in the normal amount of stock.

We will continue to update supporters here on www.ctfc.com as well as on the club's official Facebook and Twitter accounts.

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

From the official CTFC site.... on 21:49 - Jan 24 with 1575 viewsrafc1984

From the official CTFC site.... on 21:37 - Jan 24 by PDIDDY

Dale are my 2nd team, simple really.... Goes back to my nan who lived in dale. Is that ok?

Defo not. Youre either Dale, or youre not....
From the official CTFC site.... on 21:52 - Jan 24 with 1571 viewsAtThePeake

From the official CTFC site.... on 21:37 - Jan 24 by PDIDDY

Dale are my 2nd team, simple really.... Goes back to my nan who lived in dale. Is that ok?

And yet you seem to have a negative comment to make on every single aspect of the club.

Who are you trying to kid PDiddy? You're a Bury fan, you have no positive connection to Dale and you are OBSESSED by us. Hence the 2000+ posts...

Tangled up in blue.

From the official CTFC site.... on 22:01 - Jan 24 with 1549 viewsTVOS1907

From the official CTFC site.... on 21:52 - Jan 24 by AtThePeake

And yet you seem to have a negative comment to make on every single aspect of the club.

Who are you trying to kid PDiddy? You're a Bury fan, you have no positive connection to Dale and you are OBSESSED by us. Hence the 2000+ posts...

He isn't.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

From the official CTFC site.... on 22:02 - Jan 24 with 1543 viewsolympicdale

From the official CTFC site.... on 21:52 - Jan 24 by AtThePeake

Leave the man alone...he's just built a little shrine thats all, cant one have a healthy obsession

Life is a game of fate.

From the official CTFC site.... on 22:14 - Jan 24 with 1523 viewsPDIDDY

From the official CTFC site.... on 22:02 - Jan 24 by olympicdale

Leave the man alone...he's just built a little shrine thats all, cant one have a healthy obsession

Appreciate tha od

Gissa job

From the official CTFC site.... on 23:05 - Jan 24 with 1467 viewsDySporting

I'm reliably told the game should survive due to the dramatic thaw. Here's hoping
From the official CTFC site.... on 08:03 - Jan 25 with 1358 viewsDySporting

I'm told it didn't get below freezing last night. Pitch will be very heavy but should survive the morning inspection.
From the official CTFC site.... on 08:15 - Jan 25 with 1334 viewsClivert

From the official CTFC site.... on 08:03 - Jan 25 by DySporting

I'm told it didn't get below freezing last night. Pitch will be very heavy but should survive the morning inspection.

What time is the inspection?

It's supposed to be +temperatures all day in Cheltenham today.
Login to get fewer ads

From the official CTFC site.... on 08:18 - Jan 25 with 1329 viewspaulscho

From the official CTFC site.... on 08:15 - Jan 25 by Clivert

What time is the inspection?

It's supposed to be +temperatures all day in Cheltenham today.

Racing has just passed the inspection for tomorrow ,think we could be on tonight .

livinginadalewonderland

From the official CTFC site.... on 08:45 - Jan 25 with 1291 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Sleet turning to rain forecast between 6pm-9pm, so it doesnt look like the Temp will be a problem.

Hopefully they have good drains!

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

From the official CTFC site.... on 08:47 - Jan 25 with 1282 viewspaulscho

From the official CTFC site.... on 08:45 - Jan 25 by SteTsGoldenBoot

Sleet turning to rain forecast between 6pm-9pm, so it doesnt look like the Temp will be a problem.

Hopefully they have good drains!

Its a flat pitch ....

livinginadalewonderland

From the official CTFC site.... on 08:59 - Jan 25 with 1256 viewsSuddenLad

If they take into account the forecast for today, they will see that there is between 2 and 5 inches of snow expected, so that may have an influence. Roads between here and there are likely to be badly affected.

As with Dale games, it isn't always the state of the pitch that affects the postponement.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

From the official CTFC site.... on 09:02 - Jan 25 with 1247 viewspaulscho

From the official CTFC site.... on 08:59 - Jan 25 by SuddenLad

If they take into account the forecast for today, they will see that there is between 2 and 5 inches of snow expected, so that may have an influence. Roads between here and there are likely to be badly affected.

As with Dale games, it isn't always the state of the pitch that affects the postponement.

I am pretty sure it will be on ,Think the team will leave around lunch if given the go ahead ,like i said racing given green light for tomorow there ,so i think the ground will be soft underneath the snow and they will remove that today .
I am planning to go so probably being a little selfish .

livinginadalewonderland

From the official CTFC site.... on 09:42 - Jan 25 with 1172 viewsDan922h

From the official CTFC site.... on 09:02 - Jan 25 by paulscho

I am pretty sure it will be on ,Think the team will leave around lunch if given the go ahead ,like i said racing given green light for tomorow there ,so i think the ground will be soft underneath the snow and they will remove that today .
I am planning to go so probably being a little selfish .

Pitch inspection at 1 o'clock
From the official CTFC site.... on 10:04 - Jan 25 with 1123 viewsTVOS1907

http://www.thisisgloucestershire.co.uk/Cheltenham-Town-Pitch-inspection-1pm-Bens

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

From the official CTFC site.... on 10:15 - Jan 25 with 1056 viewsSuddenLad

According to that it is only 50/50 so by no means certain to be 'ON'

The forecast may be the deciding factor. Leaving at 1.00 pm, there is no guarantee the team will get there in time if the travel situation and road conditions are as bad as predicted.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

From the official CTFC site.... on 10:52 - Jan 25 with 987 viewsBrierls

I hope its on. I'd rather get the game out of the way if Benson is on his way there, he'd tear our defence a new arsehole!
From the official CTFC site.... on 13:06 - Jan 25 with 802 viewschuckleberry

Game ON!!
From the official CTFC site.... on 13:07 - Jan 25 with 798 viewsDaleaholic

Game on, GET IN!!!

Poll: What should happen with the 'Bowlee fund' money?

From the official CTFC site.... on 13:10 - Jan 25 with 761 viewspaulscho

From the official CTFC site.... on 13:07 - Jan 25 by Daleaholic

Game on, GET IN!!!

setting off 14.30 happy days ,
comon Keith repeat of the last time you took us there
Up The Dale

livinginadalewonderland

From the official CTFC site.... on 13:11 - Jan 25 with 757 viewsCockneyDale

Not been to whaddon road in a long time: are away fans under cover now? Seated or standing?

If only there was some kind of guide for away suppor......*shoots self*
From the official CTFC site.... on 13:14 - Jan 25 with 718 viewsDorsetDale

From the official CTFC site.... on 13:06 - Jan 25 by chuckleberry

Game ON!!

Where did this news come from,not on either official site?

o/s updated now
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

From the official CTFC site.... on 13:14 - Jan 25 with 717 viewsolympicdale

From the official CTFC site.... on 13:06 - Jan 25 by chuckleberry

Game ON!!

hmmm, I hope people aren't putting too much expectation on this game, 2 days I doubt is going to have been enough time for Hill to stamp his mark on the squad. It's going to be a very hard game to get anything out of, I hope I'm wrong but I'd have liked to have seen it called off, and give him more time with the squad.

Life is a game of fate.

From the official CTFC site.... on 13:16 - Jan 25 with 699 viewschuckleberry

From the official CTFC site.... on 13:14 - Jan 25 by DorsetDale

Where did this news come from,not on either official site?

o/s updated now
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

From Cheltenham Town's twitter
From the official CTFC site.... on 13:18 - Jan 25 with 676 viewsDorsetDale

From the official CTFC site.... on 13:16 - Jan 25 by chuckleberry

From Cheltenham Town's twitter

ta, seems I'm off to watch only my 3rd game of the season.

YOU do not have the right to give someone else permission to tell me what I can and can't do.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024