Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
3000 fcking quid for a dental implant with a crown on top 13:04 - Apr 23 with 11951 viewsBlackCrowe

Please tell me that my dentist is trying to rip me off and that this isn't the going rate?
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

3000 fcking quid for a dental implant with a crown on top on 13:08 - Apr 23 with 5749 viewsTheBlob

Fukkkk offfffff???????

Poll: So how was the season for you?

3000 fcking quid for a dental implant with a crown on top on 13:10 - Apr 23 with 5734 viewsMetallica_Hoop

For that amount I'd want titanium teeth!!

Tell them to take it out. It's cheaper and no one notices. (unless it's a front peggie)

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

3000 fcking quid for a dental implant with a crown on top on 13:15 - Apr 23 with 5713 viewsHarrowRoadR

If you go to Hungary (which is where a lot of people are going now) you can get your whole mouth done for less than that. I have a friend who did.
3000 fcking quid for a dental implant with a crown on top on 13:15 - Apr 23 with 5706 viewsTheBlob

For that sort of money I'd want these f*ckers...

3000 fcking quid for a dental implant with a crown on top on 13:16 - Apr 23 with 5705 viewsMetallica_Hoop

3000 fcking quid for a dental implant with a crown on top on 13:15 - Apr 23 by TheBlob

3000 fcking quid for a dental implant with a crown on top on 13:16 - Apr 23 with 5702 viewsPommyhoop

They aint cheap Crowe.
From Wiki..
Prices

Due to high prices of implants - complete implant with a crown & an abutment in UK can cost more than £2,000 - many Britons are choosing to travel abroad for their treatment. In 2009, there were 60,000 patients who went abroad, out of which 43% had a dental treatment completed abroad.[58] In the U.S., $2,000 for the implant itself, in addition to $300 — $400 for evaluative xrays, in addition to the cost of the crown is not uncommon. If you want to replace full or partial teeth sets, the cost of dental implants can rise to as much as $40,000 in the United States.[59]

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

3000 fcking quid for a dental implant with a crown on top on 13:16 - Apr 23 with 5701 viewsBlackCrowe

3000 fcking quid for a dental implant with a crown on top on 13:10 - Apr 23 by Metallica_Hoop

For that amount I'd want titanium teeth!!

Tell them to take it out. It's cheaper and no one notices. (unless it's a front peggie)

It's not a front one, but it's certainly a biting one that I'd like to replace, but not for that amount. If that's the going rate I'm half-tempted to go and have it done privately at some reputable private practice in Mumbai or some such place for a fraction of the cost.

3000 fcking quid for a dental implant with a crown on top on 13:16 - Apr 23 with 5696 viewsBlackCrowe

3000 fcking quid for a dental implant with a crown on top on 13:15 - Apr 23 by TheBlob

LOL

Login to get fewer ads

3000 fcking quid for a dental implant with a crown on top on 13:17 - Apr 23 with 5690 viewsA40Bosh

3000 fcking quid for a dental implant with a crown on top on 13:16 - Apr 23 by BlackCrowe

It's not a front one, but it's certainly a biting one that I'd like to replace, but not for that amount. If that's the going rate I'm half-tempted to go and have it done privately at some reputable private practice in Mumbai or some such place for a fraction of the cost.

You should shop here mate if you paid out that much!

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

3000 fcking quid for a dental implant with a crown on top on 13:20 - Apr 23 with 5676 viewsMetallica_Hoop

3000 fcking quid for a dental implant with a crown on top on 13:16 - Apr 23 by BlackCrowe

I have a crowded mouth (sounds like a Neil Finn tribute act)

So I've told them to take out 3 (all mowlars the chewing ones??) over the last 10 years or so, it's odd at first but you get used to it.

A good place to store chewing gum.

3000 fcking quid for a dental implant with a crown on top on 13:23 - Apr 23 with 5666 viewsA40Bosh

3000 fcking quid for a dental implant with a crown on top on 13:20 - Apr 23 by Metallica_Hoop

I have a crowded mouth (sounds like a Neil Finn tribute act)

So I've told them to take out 3 (all mowlars the chewing ones??) over the last 10 years or so, it's odd at first but you get used to it.

.............and half chewed crisps and granola.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

3000 fcking quid for a dental implant with a crown on top on 13:27 - Apr 23 with 5655 viewscoolranger

Check out dental options in Budapest, Hungary. A friend of mine has just had several crowns done over there for £250 each - half the quoted rate for the UK.

Also a nice city to spend a few days.
3000 fcking quid for a dental implant with a crown on top on 13:32 - Apr 23 with 5642 viewsTheBlob

3000 fcking quid for a dental implant with a crown on top on 13:27 - Apr 23 by coolranger

Check out dental options in Budapest, Hungary. A friend of mine has just had several crowns done over there for £250 each - half the quoted rate for the UK.

Also a nice city to spend a few days.

Budapest?Probably end up looking like.....

3000 fcking quid for a dental implant with a crown on top on 13:42 - Apr 23 with 5613 viewsSudbury_Hill_R

That's obviously a private estimate. Go on the NHS where the maximum for any type of dental work, excluding cosmetic, is around £350. Look it up as price does change.

Not sure where you live but mates have recommended Acre Medical Services (no pun intended) in Greenford Avenue, Hanwell. 0207 578 1325

I use NHS one on Greenford Rd, Sudbury Hill where same maximum fees apply.

http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/AboutNHSservices/dentists/Pages/nhs-dental-charges.
3000 fcking quid for a dental implant with a crown on top on 13:45 - Apr 23 with 5603 viewsMetallica_Hoop

3000 fcking quid for a dental implant with a crown on top on 13:23 - Apr 23 by A40Bosh

.............and half chewed crisps and granola.

It's only bad when the stitches break early and you get food in the space formerly occupied by the tooth and root. (bastard to get out)

3000 fcking quid for a dental implant with a crown on top on 15:30 - Apr 23 with 5499 viewsblacky200

If you are getting a crown like this it is worth every penny.

You might get a bit of a ribbing if you wear it to the game though.
3000 fcking quid for a dental implant with a crown on top on 15:31 - Apr 23 with 5495 viewsblacky200

3000 fcking quid for a dental implant with a crown on top on 15:30 - Apr 23 by blacky200

If you are getting a crown like this it is worth every penny.

You might get a bit of a ribbing if you wear it to the game though.

Didn't realise it was that bloody big lol even more of a bargain.
3000 fcking quid for a dental implant with a crown on top on 16:41 - Apr 23 with 5427 viewsTGRRRSSS

Parts of Turkey as well, my Dad had some work done in Fetiyhe by a lady dentist, said she was the best dentist he'd come across, she's moved now to Marmaris though (I assume more tourists) Check them out not sure where in Marmaris though as she'd gone when they went back. (My Folks have property in Turkey)
3000 fcking quid for a dental implant with a crown on top on 17:34 - Apr 23 with 5388 viewsqpr85

3000 fcking quid for a dental implant with a crown on top on 16:41 - Apr 23 by TGRRRSSS

Parts of Turkey as well, my Dad had some work done in Fetiyhe by a lady dentist, said she was the best dentist he'd come across, she's moved now to Marmaris though (I assume more tourists) Check them out not sure where in Marmaris though as she'd gone when they went back. (My Folks have property in Turkey)

He got his teeth sorted and a happy ending??

I'd go to Marmaris pal
3000 fcking quid for a dental implant with a crown on top on 17:52 - Apr 23 with 5371 viewsBlackCrowe

3000 fcking quid for a dental implant with a crown on top on 13:42 - Apr 23 by Sudbury_Hill_R

That's obviously a private estimate. Go on the NHS where the maximum for any type of dental work, excluding cosmetic, is around £350. Look it up as price does change.

Not sure where you live but mates have recommended Acre Medical Services (no pun intended) in Greenford Avenue, Hanwell. 0207 578 1325

I use NHS one on Greenford Rd, Sudbury Hill where same maximum fees apply.

http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/AboutNHSservices/dentists/Pages/nhs-dental-charges.

Just checked. As luck wouldn't have it, the NHS do everything at the price you say, except implants. For that you have to go private.

Overseas would look more of an option if I didn't have to have three visits with a couple months apart to get the work done (apparently).

3000 fcking quid for a dental implant with a crown on top on 17:52 - Apr 23 with 5370 viewsandygg

Tell your dentist to fark off. The piss-taking charlatan.
3000 fcking quid for a dental implant with a crown on top on 18:16 - Apr 23 with 5345 viewsJuzzie

Go to Poland. Dirt cheap and just as up-to-date equipment etc.

About 8 years ago I had 2 1/2 white fillings done over three sittings.... £70. Over here would have been nearer £500.

That Wiki page was probabaly set up by the British Dental Association! £2k is taking the pi$$.

3000 fcking quid for a dental implant with a crown on top on 18:21 - Apr 23 with 5337 viewsBklynRanger

It was the money I was spending on crowns that finally forced me into flossing.

Now I do it every night, gargle with the old listerine and don't drink anything else for half an hour. Every night unless I'm plastered and no issues for a couple of years touch wood.

If you really need it Budapest sounds ok - make a long weekend out of it for less than what your crook's asking.
3000 fcking quid for a dental implant with a crown on top on 18:24 - Apr 23 with 5334 viewsdubaistu

I'd be careful with medical tourism in some of these places, a friend went in for a tummy tuck a fortnight ago, she's dead now.

3000 fcking quid for a dental implant with a crown on top on 18:57 - Apr 23 with 5306 viewsBklynRanger

3000 fcking quid for a dental implant with a crown on top on 18:24 - Apr 23 by dubaistu

I'd be careful with medical tourism in some of these places, a friend went in for a tummy tuck a fortnight ago, she's dead now.

Jesus Christ, sorry to hear that!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024