Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Big Big game today.. 01:40 - Apr 27 with 4140 viewsWhiteyBFC

I take it the Dale are right behind Barnsley, eh?

Seriously though, Flitcroft and EVERY ONE of the ex Dale players at Oakwell do not deserve relegation after their efforts and performances since January 1st.

I wanted Watford to win last night.

I'm of the opinion that a nervous Hull City, needing 3 points makes them easier to play against.

Had Watford lost and Hull came into the game today knowing they were promoted already, I reckon they'd have played without any fear/anxiety etc, and strutted their Premier League stuff.

We saw a "nothing to play for" Charlton at Oakwell a week or two ago. They were the best side I've seen this season. Not for quality, or class. But for endeavour (KEITH) and sheer 'just playing football' they were bang at it.

Everything they hit went in, and they won practically every 50/50 ball.

Which is how we've played for much of Flitcroft's reign. But fatigue, injuries/suspensions have took their toll and it's almost an Alamo feel right now.

Flitcroft says he has to keep us up to stay on as manager.

If he doesn't get the gig irrespective of our league status, then woe betide the BFC board on this occasion.

I loved Keith for 9 months. And I respected/liked Mark Robins.

But you'd have to go back to Andy Ritchie for a manager as close to popular as Flitcroft right now.
I mean, I wanted him gone when his pal went. No qualms in admitting that. And I've never totally agreed with him (when do we ever agree 100% with a manager?).

But seriously, he's worked wonders in turning around a sinking ship, a lost cause, and even united a fanbase that felt similarly to me when he first took the reins - suspicious.

If we stay up this season, it will come a close second to the 96/97 promotion campaign for me.

Forget the FA Cup runs, days at Wembley and Millennium Stadium promotion.

This (should it happen) will be miraculous.

But as much as I love the squad/management, can they walk on water? Or turn water into vodka?

We'll soon see.
Big Big game today.. on 19:30 - Apr 27 with 1282 views442Dale

At least Barnsley know it's in their hands as a win takes them above Huddersfield.

Millwall could be the side now as they're the ones falling like a stone. A couple of defeats for them could see the goal difference shift enough so that Barnsley only need a point.

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Big Big game today.. on 21:24 - Apr 27 with 1226 viewsScunnydale

Pleased for Flicker and the Dale contingent.

Seems Hull fans are beginning to lose their nerve and show what they're famed for:
Big Big game today.. on 21:41 - Apr 27 with 1202 views442Dale

Wednesday fans still stressing out over COG

http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic/194261-cog-assist/

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Big Big game today.. on 02:24 - Apr 28 with 1144 viewsWhiteyBFC

So many people on here didn't care, that it's turned into a two page thread. So many were carefree, that they had to post saying they didn't care. Careless..? I think so.

Anyhoo, thanks to those of you who wished us luck etc. I've always done the same with you lot, despite some still having this wild notion that I hate you and I hate Keith etc etc etc.

It all stems from the post I did when Keith was rightly sacked. Where I explained where I 'thought' (only my opinion) he'd gone wrong, and gave a run down of his tenure at Oakwell.

I praised him highly, but also said he lost the plot in 2012. As well as trying to take on the fanbase.

That doesn't take anything away from his prior achievements, at Spotland. Indeed, it was those achievements that got him our job. The achievements that caught my eye, and led to me proclaiming him the answer in May 2011.

And no doubt, he did a hell of a lot right at my club. Something I've stated on here countless times...

I've also done nothing but wish him luck since he returned to Dale. But the fact I've said anything remotely negative about him on here has got the backs up of a few of you, and whilst understandable, it's a bit sad too.

He failed, results-wise. And were he he in charge of any other Championship club he'd have got the bullet weeks previous.
Not once was he given grief at Oakwell by we supporters. Just support. Even in his final hour..

That's about as far from fickle as you'll find.

Just because I didn't want his sidekick (which he actually isn't, upon reflection, in hindsight) in charge, doesn't make me fickle now by admitting I was wrong to doubt Flitcroft. He's proven to be everything that was good about Keith, and then some. I am both surprised by this, and happy.

I don't (unlike some online scribes) profess to be perfect, the font of all knowledge, immune to mistakes etc.
I'm wrong that often I ought to make a career of it, somehow. But I'd probably get it wrong..

Again, thanks to the well wishers.

And for the bloke suggesting I'm some kind of hypocrite due to the nature of my posts on our forum, here's my thoughts on today, from said forum of ours..

http://bbs.barnsleyfc.org.uk/showthread.php?189558-Perfection-today

PS - I reckon Keith and BBM etc will have you in the promotion picture this time next season. Because he's a proven success as a manager at that level. I'll be having a few quid on it anyway. Whilst also supporting you every step of the way.

With love,

your favourite Son of Barnsley,

Whitey.
Big Big game today.. on 02:40 - Apr 28 with 1136 viewsjoecooke

fook off

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

Big Big game today.. on 02:41 - Apr 28 with 1133 viewsShun

I quite like Whitey.
Big Big game today.. on 02:44 - Apr 28 with 1132 viewsjoecooke

Big Big game today.. on 02:41 - Apr 28 by Shun

I quite like Whitey.

Typical yarkshire,talks far too much.

Poll: How much would you care if bury fc went out of existence

Big Big game today.. on 07:13 - Apr 28 with 1118 viewsPDIDDY

Big Big game today.. on 05:39 - Apr 27 by sweetcorn

NOW. I really like flitcroft and hope he has a long and successful managerial career. however, really hope you nobs go down. Hated barnsley since the parkin days and you whitey have made it worse with your whiter than white bollocks. i've seen your posts on the barnsley board and quite frankly, you're a c*nt. relegation couldnt happen to a nicer club (especially since you see league one below yourselves.) enjoy it you inbred dingles.

Hate? It's a game you fool, life's too short for hatred, especially in football, get a grip man

Gissa job

Login to get fewer ads

Big Big game today.. on 08:17 - Apr 28 with 1099 viewsMass_Debater

I quite like Whitey.

Quel surprise.
Big Big game today.. on 08:46 - Apr 28 with 1078 viewsdingdangblue

Big Big game today.. on 21:41 - Apr 27 by 442Dale

Wednesday fans still stressing out over COG

http://www.owlstalk.co.uk/forums/index.php/topic/194261-cog-assist/

If the post saying that COG doesn't suit Wednesdays free flowing style but does suit hoofball isn't being ironic - then that's the funniest thing I've ever read.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Big Big game today.. on 17:54 - Apr 28 with 1010 viewsWhiteyBFC

I quite like Whitey.

Thanks.

I needed that boost today.
Big Big game today.. on 17:59 - Apr 28 with 1001 viewsWhiteyBFC

Big Big game today.. on 02:44 - Apr 28 by joecooke

Typical yarkshire,talks far too much.

Can't deny that.
Big Big game today.. on 19:50 - Apr 29 with 943 viewsShun

You're quite welcome.

And psst, Mass_Debater, it's 'quelle surprise'.
Big Big game today.. on 20:05 - Apr 29 with 924 viewsD_Dale

Big Big game today.. on 17:54 - Apr 28 by WhiteyBFC

Thanks.

I needed that boost today.

Is that because your night out at Barnsley's Players of the Year Awards do was cancelled due to lack of interest? It all seems a bit tinpot ...
http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/barnsley/embarrassment-over-end-of-seaso
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Big Big game today.. on 20:19 - Apr 29 with 910 viewsBanned4ever

Big Big game today.. on 02:00 - Apr 27 by TTNYear

Anyone else like hobnobs? The chocolate ones for me are the best.

P.M ME the detail where to send the money to
Big Big game today.. on 21:13 - Apr 29 with 858 viewsWhiteyBFC

Big Big game today.. on 20:05 - Apr 29 by D_Dale

Is that because your night out at Barnsley's Players of the Year Awards do was cancelled due to lack of interest? It all seems a bit tinpot ...
http://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/barnsley/embarrassment-over-end-of-seaso
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Yawn.
Big Big game today.. on 23:07 - Apr 29 with 835 viewsD_Dale

Big Big game today.. on 21:13 - Apr 29 by WhiteyBFC

Yawn.

Not surprised, old chap, 9.13pm and well past your bedtime.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024