Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Blackburn friendly thread 14:28 - Jul 20 with 16824 viewsAtThePeake

Not going today - £10 for a friendly against an average Championship side just doesn't seem worth it when the cricket is on.

Teams though:-

Dale: Thomson (trialist), Rafferty, Lancashire, Eastham, Rose, Cavanagh, Vincenti, Hery, Lund, Henderson, Hogan.

Blackburn:Kean, Kane, Morris, Marrow, Dann, G Hanley, Judge, Lowe, Best, Taylor, Rhodes

Not sure what the formation will be from that - a 4-3-3 with Hogan Henderson and Vincenti rotating perhaps?

Tangled up in blue.

Blackburn friendly thread on 21:33 - Jul 20 with 2805 viewsroccydaleian

Blackburn friendly thread on 21:28 - Jul 20 by TalkingSutty

Rovers played their strongest squad. A forward line of Jordan Rhodes, DJ Campbell, Leon Best isnt a shabby one.

We played well today and now Hillys biggest task must be deciding on his strongest starting eleven.

My starting eleven for the Hartlepool game would be....

Lillis

Rafferty Lancahire Eastham Rose

Cavanagh

Vincenti Tutte

Done

Hogan Henderson

Lund was close to replacing Tutte and i also think Bunny will be knocking on the door for a starting berth soon. His height from the bench could be a good weapon.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Not bad, but i'd play Lund before Donelly
Blackburn friendly thread on 21:35 - Jul 20 with 2803 viewsTalkingSutty

Blackburn friendly thread on 21:33 - Jul 20 by roccydaleian

Not bad, but i'd play Lund before Donelly

Just edited my post and replaced Henderson for Donnelly. Stuck for choice but i would love us to sign a proven target man.
Blackburn friendly thread on 23:14 - Jul 20 with 2669 viewsShun

Did the kit look as bad as we all feared?
Blackburn friendly thread on 23:30 - Jul 20 with 2643 viewsmikehunt

Blackburn friendly thread on 23:14 - Jul 20 by Shun

No

The worm of time turns not for the cuckoo of circumstance.

Blackburn friendly thread on 00:13 - Jul 21 with 2580 viewscy74

Blackburn friendly thread on 23:30 - Jul 20 by mikehunt

No

Yes. Hardly any fans inside the ground wearing the home kit for this season
Blackburn friendly thread on 05:33 - Jul 21 with 2482 viewssandylaner1

Blackburn friendly thread on 23:14 - Jul 20 by Shun

the kits looks decent at a distance

which kind of answers your question
Blackburn friendly thread on 10:01 - Jul 21 with 2306 viewsSalwaDale

Very much looking forward to the season now.

Back four looks sorted and I'd love to see us sign the keeper, has looked good enough to at least give Lillis some competition (when he's fit again).

Midfield is the dilemma. Cavanagh seems guaranteed, Lund looked much better yesterday than at Halifax, Hery definitely has something about him, while we all know what Tutte is capable of if his head is right and Jamie Allen looks like he could push for a place during the season.

Attacking options are superb. Done looks very dangerous, Hogan has got four goals in two games, Vincenti looks very solid and prepared to work, while Henderson oozes class. Donnelly is Donnelly and will be looking to carry on his massive improvements and something about Bunney suggests he'll score a lot of goals for us.

I think we are virtually there. Very hard to choose a starting 11 for the first game. I think I'd go with:

Lillis (or Thomson)
Rafferty
Rose
Eastham
Lancashire
Cavanagh
Lund
Henderson
Vincenti
Done
Donnelly

but then I'm gutted I've left out Hogan and Hery.

TBBT

Blackburn friendly thread on 13:18 - Jul 21 with 2118 viewsolympicdale

For what is may be worth, my team for the monkey hangers game would be:

..........................Lillis.........................

...Raffa..........Eastham.....Lanky.........Rose...

.......................Cavanagh.............................

.............Lund.................Done.......................

....Vincenti..............Hogan............Hendo...........

Life is a game of fate.

Login to get fewer ads

Blackburn friendly thread on 13:58 - Jul 21 with 2061 viewsTomRAFC

Sounds like joe bunney could be pushing for a starting place as we need an out and out striker with some physical presence.

Hill certainly seemed very excited about him at the end of last season.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Blackburn friendly thread on 13:24 - Jul 23 with 1771 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Blackburn friendly thread on 18:39 - Jul 20 by ChaffRAFC

Thomson - 7 - Did really well I thought, his kicking is decent from dead balls but when he's kicking a rolling ball it's suspect but he's good shot stopper and very agile. I'm impressed.

Rafferty - 6 - Did ok on the whole, got forward well and defended ok.

Rose - 7 - Did well, didn't get as forward as he would have liked which meant we didn't see his superb set pieces but he was superb in the tackle.

Eastham - 7 - Impressive I thought, seems to be building a partnership with Lancashire and I'm confident that we'll see them look really solid come the start of the season.

Lancashire - 7 - See above

Cavanagh - 7 - Played really well again, broke the play up superbly and was full of energy in the middle. No problem with him being MOTM.

Hery - 7 - Like the look of him. Looks skillful and works really hard. Can see him pushing really hard for a starting place.

Lund - 7 - Really like the look of him. He's got a look of a higher level player. His touch is very good and his passing ability is very good.

Vincenti - 7 - Looks a good player, good finish for the goal and can see him being a real asset in a variety of positions.

Henderson - 7 - Good touch as we've come to expect, good link up play and looked as good as he was last season

Hogan - 8 - This player looks like a real find. He was fantastic against Northwich but wasn't up against anything but today he was and he was superb. His goal was a tremendous effort. Has pace to burn and looks incredibly comfortable on the ball and can certainly hit a ball as well. First name on the team sheet for Hartlepool for me.

Subs:

Done - 7 - Looked decent when he came on and tried to get things moving down the wing.

Donnelly - 6 - Full of energy and running but lacked a bit of sharpness

Allen - 7 - Looks a top little player and gets better every time I see him.

Tutte - 6 - Looked a tad sluggish when he came on, slowed the play down in comparison to Hery and Lund I felt but did ok.

Bunney - 7 - Decent touch for a big man, will get better with confidence I reckon.

Was very impressed today, our movement in the first half was really good and the link up play had Blackburn chasing their tails. Scott Hogan looks a real find, very very impressed with him. The link up play for the disallowed goal started by our own corner flag with Henderson and was superb including the finish.

I'm very encouraged with how we're shaping up. We've got a squad with bags of talent, bags of work rate and it's great to watch.

Oh and aside from that, please can Dave Sweetmore come back as soon as possible please.

"Tutte - 6 - Looked a tad sluggish when he came on, slowed the play down in comparison to Hery and Lund I felt but did ok."

'slowed the play down'

It's dropping Chaff. That penny is making its way down?

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Blackburn friendly thread on 13:26 - Jul 23 with 1768 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Blackburn friendly thread on 21:28 - Jul 20 by TalkingSutty

Rovers played their strongest squad. A forward line of Jordan Rhodes, DJ Campbell, Leon Best isnt a shabby one.

We played well today and now Hillys biggest task must be deciding on his strongest starting eleven.

My starting eleven for the Hartlepool game would be....

Lillis

Rafferty Lancahire Eastham Rose

Cavanagh

Vincenti Tutte

Done

Hogan Henderson

Lund was close to replacing Tutte and i also think Bunny will be knocking on the door for a starting berth soon. His height from the bench could be a good weapon.

"Lund was close to replacing Tutte"

The penny hasn't budged an inch with you has it?

Blackburn friendly thread on 13:36 - Jul 23 with 1742 viewssandylaner1

Blackburn friendly thread on 13:26 - Jul 23 by BigDaveMyCock

I think tutte will come good

remember he has been injured, but he looks nowhere near match fit yet
Blackburn friendly thread on 13:53 - Jul 23 with 1712 viewsBrierls

Blackburn friendly thread on 13:26 - Jul 23 by BigDaveMyCock

Based on the impression made in pre-season, Tutte is at the bottom of the midfield pecking order. It's Cavanagh, Lund, Vincenti, Hery, Tutte for me at the moment. And I'd even consider Allen to be ahead of Tutte if he'd played against stronger opposition, because he's certainly impressed against Northwich & Stalybridge.

But its performances in League Two that matter, and Tutte has shown what he is capable of on that front. He needs to produce his top form more consistently, but I think Hilly will give him plenty of opportunity to do that.

My starting XI for the Hartlepool game...

Thomson

Rafferty
Eastham
Lancashire
Rose

Cavanagh
Lund

Henderson
Done
Vincenti

Hogan
Blackburn friendly thread on 13:54 - Jul 23 with 1710 viewsChaffRAFC

Blackburn friendly thread on 13:24 - Jul 23 by BigDaveMyCock

"Tutte - 6 - Looked a tad sluggish when he came on, slowed the play down in comparison to Hery and Lund I felt but did ok."

'slowed the play down'

It's dropping Chaff. That penny is making its way down?

No because we've seen enough to suggest he's got the abilty to be a very good player.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Blackburn friendly thread on 14:00 - Jul 23 with 1694 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Blackburn friendly thread on 13:53 - Jul 23 by Brierls

Based on the impression made in pre-season, Tutte is at the bottom of the midfield pecking order. It's Cavanagh, Lund, Vincenti, Hery, Tutte for me at the moment. And I'd even consider Allen to be ahead of Tutte if he'd played against stronger opposition, because he's certainly impressed against Northwich & Stalybridge.

But its performances in League Two that matter, and Tutte has shown what he is capable of on that front. He needs to produce his top form more consistently, but I think Hilly will give him plenty of opportunity to do that.

My starting XI for the Hartlepool game...

Thomson

Rafferty
Eastham
Lancashire
Rose

Cavanagh
Lund

Henderson
Done
Vincenti

Hogan

Maybe, or is the general improvement in midfield quality revealing Tutte to be actually not as good as thought? We'll soon find out.

Blackburn friendly thread on 14:04 - Jul 23 with 1684 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Blackburn friendly thread on 13:54 - Jul 23 by ChaffRAFC

No because we've seen enough to suggest he's got the abilty to be a very good player.

Fine, so the penny hasn't budged at all then.

Blackburn friendly thread on 14:22 - Jul 23 with 1658 viewsD_Alien

For me, Tutte looked a better player in L1 than he did in L2

Whether thats down to attitude ("I'm too good for L2") or whether he doesn't like being harried on the ball, which is much more likely in L2, who knows - but he looked decent in L1 at times. Am I mistaken in thinking a couple of championship clubs had him watched during 2011/12?

Having said that, we're not in L1...

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Blackburn friendly thread on 14:35 - Jul 23 with 1640 viewsmaybee

Blackburn friendly thread on 14:22 - Jul 23 by D_Alien

Whether thats down to attitude ("I'm too good for L2") or whether he doesn't like being harried on the ball, which is much more likely in L2, who knows - but he looked decent in L1 at times. Am I mistaken in thinking a couple of championship clubs had him watched during 2011/12?

Thats quite a good shout. He did look a very good player for us in L1. Probably our best player in the latter stages of our last season in L1. He also played very well at the start of last season, and was attracting interest from L1 and above. Then he suffered an injury, and didn't really recover his form at the end of last season.

Still rate him (as most others seem to) but feel that he can do much better than he's shown so far this pre-season.

I'm happier with him in our squad than if he had left, and Hilly seems to agree.
Blackburn friendly thread on 15:14 - Jul 23 with 1584 viewsAtThePeake

Blackburn friendly thread on 14:22 - Jul 23 by D_Alien

A few months into the season just gone Leicester were preparing a January bid but were put off by the time January came around.

Tangled up in blue.

Blackburn friendly thread on 19:51 - Jul 23 with 1473 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Blackburn friendly thread on 15:14 - Jul 23 by AtThePeake

A few months into the season just gone Leicester were preparing a January bid but were put off by the time January came around.

If this is correct and I'm not suggesting for one minute you're making it up then then certain questions really need answering:-

(1.) What was it that put Leicester off? He was out of contract at the end of the season so one would presume they would have got him for a relatively small fee and as it's Leicester, a Championship club in the Premiership play-off mix, I really don't think the club would have stood in his way?

(2.) If Leicester City were prepared, at one point, to pay money for him then why did no club, not even a League One or Two club, snap him up free during the pre-season? By all accounts, the Dale deal was the only one on the table.

I find the rumour very, very hard to believe. Especially when one considers he's not that good.

Blackburn friendly thread on 22:34 - Jul 23 with 1430 viewsAtThePeake

Blackburn friendly thread on 19:51 - Jul 23 by BigDaveMyCock

If this is correct and I'm not suggesting for one minute you're making it up then then certain questions really need answering:-

(1.) What was it that put Leicester off? He was out of contract at the end of the season so one would presume they would have got him for a relatively small fee and as it's Leicester, a Championship club in the Premiership play-off mix, I really don't think the club would have stood in his way?

(2.) If Leicester City were prepared, at one point, to pay money for him then why did no club, not even a League One or Two club, snap him up free during the pre-season? By all accounts, the Dale deal was the only one on the table.

I find the rumour very, very hard to believe. Especially when one considers he's not that good.

I'm talking a month or so into the season here, when Tutte seemed to be scoring every week, won the club's first player of the month trophy, and was the best player on the field for 3 or 4 games.

His form deteriorated over the course of the season and as it came to January Leicester must have had other options in mind - they signed Jesse Lingaard on loan from United and gave a six month deal to Conor Clifford, a central midfielder from Chelsea.

His form was nowhere near that of the first month or two for the rest of the season and with the injury towards the last few months, he probably slipped off the radar of other clubs.

Tangled up in blue.

Blackburn friendly thread on 06:48 - Jul 24 with 1316 viewsnordenblue

Blackburn friendly thread on 19:51 - Jul 23 by BigDaveMyCock

None of us know a few other facts relating to Tutte like how much he was offered to re sign with us and how keen he was to remain in the north west all being massive factors in his choice,i find it very strange anyone's issue with Tuttes ability even more so considering the dross that's played for the club in the last 20 years or so,Im not sure how anyone can view him as" not that good"
Blackburn friendly thread on 07:15 - Jul 24 with 1303 viewsTalkingSutty

Blackburn friendly thread on 06:48 - Jul 24 by nordenblue

None of us know a few other facts relating to Tutte like how much he was offered to re sign with us and how keen he was to remain in the north west all being massive factors in his choice,i find it very strange anyone's issue with Tuttes ability even more so considering the dross that's played for the club in the last 20 years or so,Im not sure how anyone can view him as" not that good"

I always think he plays "within himself" for long periods. He seems to have bursts of 5 or 10 minutes when he is right at the centre of the action and then he disappears for half an hour.

I always get the impression that Tutte is capable of a lot more than he actually produces, which in turn makes me feel frustrated in a lot of his performances. He is technically probably more gifted than the majority of footballers at the club.
Blackburn friendly thread on 12:27 - Jul 24 with 1191 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Blackburn friendly thread on 06:48 - Jul 24 by nordenblue

"more so considering the dross that's played for the club in the last 20 years or so,Im not sure how anyone can view him as" not that good"

Depends on what your comparisons are. Mine is a Keith Hill side - his last spell was the most successful in the club's history and we had the pleasure of watching Perkins, Kennedy and Done.

Was Tutte a starter under Eyre and Coleman - yes and was probably one of the better performers in two poor sides.

Is Tutte a starter in a Hill side which has had a noticable ratcheting up in quality? I'm not so sure.

Hill clearly sees that there is something there to be utilised, but for me it will be a squad role.

Anyway, we'll see.

Blackburn friendly thread on 12:32 - Jul 24 with 1183 viewsjudd

Blackburn friendly thread on 12:27 - Jul 24 by BigDaveMyCock

"more so considering the dross that's played for the club in the last 20 years or so,Im not sure how anyone can view him as" not that good"

Depends on what your comparisons are. Mine is a Keith Hill side - his last spell was the most successful in the club's history and we had the pleasure of watching Perkins, Kennedy and Done.

Was Tutte a starter under Eyre and Coleman - yes and was probably one of the better performers in two poor sides.

Is Tutte a starter in a Hill side which has had a noticable ratcheting up in quality? I'm not so sure.

Hill clearly sees that there is something there to be utilised, but for me it will be a squad role.

Anyway, we'll see.

I'm not too keen on his tattoos, to be honest.

Poll: What is it to be then?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024