Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tottenham v Swansea - MatchDay Thread 09:33 - Aug 25 with 43815 viewsPhil_S

MatchDay Centre - http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/32642/swans-head-off-to-t

I'm also told that this afternoon the chat room has a new widget added to it that shows stats etc from the game itself. No idea what that looks or feels like but would be interested in feedback from anyone that spends time in the chatroom this afternoon
Tottenham v Swansea - MatchDay Thread on 18:10 - Aug 25 with 3622 viewsfreewheeling

May I be the first to congratulate them on a great result. 3-1 against city, who'd have thought.
Tottenham v Swansea - MatchDay Thread on 18:11 - Aug 25 with 3608 viewsJackfath

Tottenham v Swansea - MatchDay Thread on 18:10 - Aug 25 by freewheeling

May I be the first to congratulate them on a great result. 3-1 against city, who'd have thought.

3-2.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Tottenham v Swansea - MatchDay Thread on 18:11 - Aug 25 with 3603 viewsploppy

I've seen enough of Shelvey. If I had plenty of hair, he'd make me tear it out.
Tottenham v Swansea - MatchDay Thread on 18:12 - Aug 25 with 3579 viewsJackfath

Tottenham v Swansea - MatchDay Thread on 18:11 - Aug 25 by ploppy

I've seen enough of Shelvey. If I had plenty of hair, he'd make me tear it out.

Not his best game tbh. He needs to be benched for next game. We need Leon in there I think.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Tottenham v Swansea - MatchDay Thread on 18:13 - Aug 25 with 3546 viewsDull1Thomas

Tottenham v Swansea - MatchDay Thread on 18:05 - Aug 25 by controversial_jack

I didn't see much football played by us today, just give the ball away to the opposition plan.

Have to say, we have given up the style that made us difficult to beat.

Today we were very lucky not to have lost by 3 or 4 (Vorm was outstanding).

The only saving grace was we played poorly and without purpose and only lost one - nil.

Panic? Not at the results but at the style and lack of passion? Maybe.

For me too many passengers are being played week in week out.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Tottenham v Swansea - MatchDay Thread on 18:15 - Aug 25 with 3504 viewsTom1912

Tottenham v Swansea - MatchDay Thread on 18:04 - Aug 25 by Swanfan1

Thank god, ur not the manager, you know what would happen if we started too offensively ?
they would have put 3 or 4 goals past us in the first half, and we would be out of the game.

Everton away last season, we played double right backs and were pretty solid defensively,
came away with nil nil, but the cÛnt of referee wanted to make up for his mistake from first half..

They reason they weren't 3 or 4 goals up at half time was because they weren't at all clinical.

Nothing to do with how we defended.
Tottenham v Swansea - MatchDay Thread on 18:16 - Aug 25 with 3487 viewsunion_jack

Tottenham v Swansea - MatchDay Thread on 18:09 - Aug 25 by haremscarem

Overreaction! Crisis? We have lost to Man UTD and Tottenham...

I never know when Jackfath is serious or on a wind up but although they were two tough games we still lost both. We have nil points and are Rick bottom and that can affect confidence. Getting something from WBA is now far more of a necessity and they need to have mental strength. Not easy on the back of two defeats.
The start to a season is important to get momentum going for any team. Unfortunately, ours is brutal.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Tottenham v Swansea - MatchDay Thread on 18:16 - Aug 25 with 3474 viewsDalePie

Tottenham v Swansea - MatchDay Thread on 18:09 - Aug 25 by MediumTunic77

-
[Post edited 2 Sep 2013 17:43]

I was thinking that too.

We we're only 0:0 at HT because of pure blind luck.

It's a shame we were so negative early on. I'm guessing that was the plan.

Would have been nice to see Bony all game or perhaps a bit longer than we did. Mind you a fully rested Bony at home against WBA could be just the ticket.

Next week is important now to avoid future problems.
Login to get fewer ads

Tottenham v Swansea - MatchDay Thread on 18:19 - Aug 25 with 3389 viewsbluenile

Tottenham v Swansea - MatchDay Thread on 18:16 - Aug 25 by DalePie

I was thinking that too.

We we're only 0:0 at HT because of pure blind luck.

It's a shame we were so negative early on. I'm guessing that was the plan.

Would have been nice to see Bony all game or perhaps a bit longer than we did. Mind you a fully rested Bony at home against WBA could be just the ticket.

Next week is important now to avoid future problems.

West Brom is away.......we're not home until Liverpool later in the month!

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

Tottenham v Swansea - MatchDay Thread on 18:22 - Aug 25 with 3338 viewsDalePie

Tottenham v Swansea - MatchDay Thread on 18:19 - Aug 25 by bluenile

West Brom is away.......we're not home until Liverpool later in the month!

Lmao! Yer I was just looking at tickets. Didn't realise that.

This is gonna be a long few weeks!
Tottenham v Swansea - MatchDay Thread on 18:23 - Aug 25 with 3316 viewsPozuelosSideys

Tottenham v Swansea - MatchDay Thread on 18:16 - Aug 25 by union_jack

I never know when Jackfath is serious or on a wind up but although they were two tough games we still lost both. We have nil points and are Rick bottom and that can affect confidence. Getting something from WBA is now far more of a necessity and they need to have mental strength. Not easy on the back of two defeats.
The start to a season is important to get momentum going for any team. Unfortunately, ours is brutal.

Not as brutal a start as it was in our first seasn in the Prem. We seemed to do ok there

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Tottenham v Swansea - MatchDay Thread on 18:27 - Aug 25 with 3265 viewsrossshaw

Moyes said we'll be ok last week. So we'll be fine :D

Trundle could still do a job..

Tottenham v Swansea - MatchDay Thread on 18:29 - Aug 25 with 3246 viewsunion_jack

Tottenham v Swansea - MatchDay Thread on 18:23 - Aug 25 by PozuelosSideys

Not as brutal a start as it was in our first seasn in the Prem. We seemed to do ok there

Well yes Man City away was a tough start but if I remember correctly we had Wigan and Sunderland at home which we picked up a couple of points from.
Not quite the same as Man U, Tottenham, Arsenal and Liverpool in the first five.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Tottenham v Swansea - MatchDay Thread on 18:29 - Aug 25 with 3240 viewshammy

These first two games were always going to be difficult to get any points; probably could have hoped for 2 at best.

The season now starts properly on Sunday against WBA. Laudrup has got to play his first choice team on Sunday and the second choice on Thursday. We need a confidence boosting win or at least a draw and a very good performance.

We can then concentrate on Liverpool home and Palace away to get enough points to get out of the bottom three and overcome the negative psychology.

I think we have enough in the locker to kick start our Premier League campaign but we've got to better manage the use of the squad in the Europa League. I think the players are finding it hard to get up for both a Thursday night and then a Sunday afternoon game. Going forward I would prefer to see us playing our strongest team in the PL, but I fear that ML might have a soft spot for European competition. How did Getafe get on in the league when they got to the QFs a few years ago ?

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

Tottenham v Swansea - MatchDay Thread on 18:30 - Aug 25 with 3237 viewsDarran

Tottenham v Swansea - MatchDay Thread on 18:29 - Aug 25 by union_jack

Well yes Man City away was a tough start but if I remember correctly we had Wigan and Sunderland at home which we picked up a couple of points from.
Not quite the same as Man U, Tottenham, Arsenal and Liverpool in the first five.

Exactly.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Tottenham v Swansea - MatchDay Thread on 18:30 - Aug 25 with 3235 viewsMediumTunic77

Tottenham v Swansea - MatchDay Thread on 18:02 - Aug 25 by 2face

Lost away to one of the most star studded teams in the PL. They won with one lucky goal. I'm sure the players will be disapointed about not getting any points. But in all honesty, it's not a bad result.
[Post edited 25 Aug 2013 18:05]

-
[Post edited 2 Sep 2013 17:44]
Tottenham v Swansea - MatchDay Thread on 18:30 - Aug 25 with 3228 viewsJonnyTheJack

At least we can rest a few players on Thurs and give West Brom a good go with Bony in from the start.

Can we also start moving in on that 2nd striker?
Tottenham v Swansea - MatchDay Thread on 18:34 - Aug 25 with 3173 viewsshingle

Ok losing to Man utd and Spurs is no surprise, but next weeks game has a lot riding on it for our players confidence, lose to WBA away and again against Liverpool, and losing both is very feasible by the way and the doubt in the players minds will build i`m already starting to worry a little.
Tottenham v Swansea - MatchDay Thread on 18:36 - Aug 25 with 3150 viewsSwanfan1

the team have only been strengthened, not weakened
we got all the players from last season, and added better players,
I still predict a top 10 finish for us.

Poll: Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?.

Tottenham v Swansea - MatchDay Thread on 18:36 - Aug 25 with 3150 viewsaspas45

Tottenham v Swansea - MatchDay Thread on 18:34 - Aug 25 by shingle

Ok losing to Man utd and Spurs is no surprise, but next weeks game has a lot riding on it for our players confidence, lose to WBA away and again against Liverpool, and losing both is very feasible by the way and the doubt in the players minds will build i`m already starting to worry a little.

Would like a winger and a striker if possible.

Poll: Surprise first team last minute signing tomorrow?

Tottenham v Swansea - MatchDay Thread on 18:51 - Aug 25 with 3044 viewsSwanfan1

Tottenham v Swansea - MatchDay Thread on 18:36 - Aug 25 by aspas45

Would like a winger and a striker if possible.

yes please a fecking decent winger from La Liga, and a spanish one
their quality on the ball is so much better.

Poll: Bony´s lack of goals, whose to blame ?.

Tottenham v Swansea - MatchDay Thread on 18:55 - Aug 25 with 3011 viewsharemscarem

Tottenham v Swansea - MatchDay Thread on 18:36 - Aug 25 by Swanfan1

the team have only been strengthened, not weakened
we got all the players from last season, and added better players,
I still predict a top 10 finish for us.

This!

Tottenham v Swansea - MatchDay Thread on 19:03 - Aug 25 with 2972 viewsDr_Winston

Results are about what we expected. Performances haven't been.

Far too early to be panicking, but a decent display at WBA would be nice.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Tottenham v Swansea - MatchDay Thread on 19:08 - Aug 25 with 2944 viewsUxbridge

Various thoughts:

First half, midfield all over the shop. No idea what position Shelvey was playing and De Guz was only noticeable when he was screwing things up. Never liked Michu up front (waste of our best ACM) and we lose a lot when he plays there. Full backs up against it as a result. Fortunate not to be behind and for the inexplicable decision to give a foul outside the box when any challenge (not convinced on that bit either) was a good couple of yards inside

Second half, much better. Scandalous decision for the penalty given that it was one of the more blatant dives you'll see this season. After that we came alive. Poz made a major difference when he came on, and with a front man in Bony allowing Michu to drop deeper we look 10 times as dangerous.

No doubt the usual suspects are panicking at failing to pick up points against Man Utd and Spurs but may I urge a little bit of perspective. We'd have done well to get any out of them even if everything fell in our favour, which given just how corrupt that referee was today was never going to happen.

In short, I'll start panicking if we go 5 games without anything on the board. This was always a likely scenario.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Tottenham v Swansea - MatchDay Thread on 19:10 - Aug 25 with 2926 viewsmonmouth

Tottenham v Swansea - MatchDay Thread on 19:03 - Aug 25 by Dr_Winston

Results are about what we expected. Performances haven't been.

Far too early to be panicking, but a decent display at WBA would be nice.

It was the attitude today that got to me. We saw it a lot last season against the top 5 and it earned us a grand total of 6 points out of 30. The stunning win at Arsenal seemed to embed the idea. I think we have the players to stand toe to toe with some of these teams.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024