Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Remy 16:57 - Oct 5 with 2321 viewsLewes_r

5 goals now? If he scores 20 plus we should get major $$$ for him. Or did we construct a crap contract that means he can leave for 50p?

Poll: Who do we want down with us and Burnley?

Remy on 17:26 - Oct 5 with 2257 viewsHayesender

I'm sure he's got an 8 million release clause.

Which is a good 10 million less than what he's worth in the current market imo

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Remy on 18:27 - Oct 5 with 2164 viewsLewes_r

Remy on 17:26 - Oct 5 by Hayesender

I'm sure he's got an 8 million release clause.

Which is a good 10 million less than what he's worth in the current market imo

Sounds like a classic fckup in the making

Remy on 18:33 - Oct 5 with 2142 viewsDylanP

Hardly a fck up at all. Don't be so knee-jerk negative. We already got a couple of million for him as part of the loan deal. If we get another 8 million + for him, that is bloody good business. When was the last time we sold a player for a profit? And, even with an 8 million clause, it doesn't mean he goes for 8 million. If he scores 20 goals and doesn't go to prison there will likely be a bidding war and he would likely go for much more than the bare minimum.

Of course, all of that is predicated on him not going to prison, something that nobody can predict at this point.

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Remy on 18:37 - Oct 5 with 2118 viewsMedwayR

Remy on 18:33 - Oct 5 by DylanP

Hardly a fck up at all. Don't be so knee-jerk negative. We already got a couple of million for him as part of the loan deal. If we get another 8 million + for him, that is bloody good business. When was the last time we sold a player for a profit? And, even with an 8 million clause, it doesn't mean he goes for 8 million. If he scores 20 goals and doesn't go to prison there will likely be a bidding war and he would likely go for much more than the bare minimum.

Of course, all of that is predicated on him not going to prison, something that nobody can predict at this point.

If he's got a release clause there'll be no bidding war, we'll only get £8m

Poll: Who’s better?

Remy on 18:43 - Oct 5 with 2094 viewsQPRDave

Remy on 18:33 - Oct 5 by DylanP

Good post.....apart from the bidding war bit. I don't know where this has come from with many supporters thinking you can still get a bidding war going when there is a clause in place....anyway wasn't there talk that the clause expired ?
Remy on 18:52 - Oct 5 with 2066 views1MoreBrightonR

Saying his release clause is bad business is ridiculous....he wouldn't have signed for us unless he knew he could leave on the cheap if we got relegated
Remy on 18:56 - Oct 5 with 2053 viewsWestActon

He don't have a release clause it expired in the summer is my understanding so if he is sold its at our asking price
Remy on 19:34 - Oct 5 with 1975 viewsAndyB

Remy on 18:56 - Oct 5 by WestActon

He don't have a release clause it expired in the summer is my understanding so if he is sold its at our asking price

Is the right answer.
Login to get fewer ads

Remy on 19:38 - Oct 5 with 1953 viewseghamranger

They will be desperate to do the deal in January then surely, cos if we get promoted we could keep him.

When is he bailed to return?
Remy on 21:10 - Oct 5 with 1830 viewsLewes_r

If he keeps going at this rate bigger clubs will be in for him next summer and that could mean a big payday then
[Post edited 5 Oct 2013 21:11]

Remy on 21:19 - Oct 5 with 1801 viewsJuzzie

Remy on 18:37 - Oct 5 by MedwayR

If he's got a release clause there'll be no bidding war, we'll only get £8m

So if Newcastle offer £8m and Man Utd/Arsenal/Chelsea/Liverpool offer £10m, we'll only get £8m?

My understanding is that £8m is the trigger amount, don't recall anything saying it couldn't have gone higher if a number of clubs start bidding.
Remy on 21:23 - Oct 5 with 1793 viewsHollowayRanger

Remy on 21:19 - Oct 5 by Juzzie

So if Newcastle offer £8m and Man Utd/Arsenal/Chelsea/Liverpool offer £10m, we'll only get £8m?

My understanding is that £8m is the trigger amount, don't recall anything saying it couldn't have gone higher if a number of clubs start bidding.

yea but if it is £8 million then all a club has to do is put up that sum and THEN AGREE terms with remy

if newcastle offered £12 mill and arsenal only £8 mill remy would still go arsenal wouldnt he

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Remy on 21:25 - Oct 5 with 1787 viewsJuzzie

errrr, no? Why would we turn down an offer of £12m?
Remy on 22:01 - Oct 5 with 1724 viewsBathRanger

This is my understanding of how a release clause works.

If a buying club offer the release clause amount, the selling club can not stop the transfer and have to allow the player to talk to the buying club about agreeing personal terms. So, if two or more clubs both want the same player, there is no advantage whatsoever in offering more than the release clause amount because they must be allowed to discuss personal terms with the player regardless. The player will then presumably go to the club that offers the best personal deal.

So, in this scenario of Remy having a release clause of £8m, no club would offer £9m or £10m or more since it wouldn't be QPR's choice which club Remy would be sold to, it would be the player's choice based on personal terms offered.
[Post edited 5 Oct 2013 22:02]
Remy on 22:06 - Oct 5 with 1701 viewsQPRDave

Remy on 21:25 - Oct 5 by Juzzie

errrr, no? Why would we turn down an offer of £12m?

We wouldn't get offered more than the clause...The player will get better offers not us
Remy on 22:11 - Oct 5 with 1683 viewsSnipper

Remy on 22:06 - Oct 5 by QPRDave

We wouldn't get offered more than the clause...The player will get better offers not us

That clause only mattered on us being relegated. The clause would've obviously been triggered on relegation if it wasn't for the rape charge hanging over him.

That clause is spent now. If we go up, Remy is ours unless we sell him for mega money. That 8m is bollocks.
Remy on 22:16 - Oct 5 with 1667 viewsQPRDave

Remy on 22:11 - Oct 5 by Snipper

That clause only mattered on us being relegated. The clause would've obviously been triggered on relegation if it wasn't for the rape charge hanging over him.

That clause is spent now. If we go up, Remy is ours unless we sell him for mega money. That 8m is bollocks.

Yeah I have already questioned whether the clause is still active..in my first post above.
What i'm answering is that if there is a clause on a player we will only receive or pay what is required
Remy on 08:53 - Oct 6 with 1482 viewsSpiritofGregory

Doesn't the clause last for a year from the date we signed him? If so it would expire at the end of January.

If the clause is lifted and he is found innocent he is worth at least £30m. Naturally gifted strikers scoring for fun are like gold dust. We would have the likes of Man City, Chelsea PSG etc wanting to sign him, clubs who can afford large transfer fees.

Newcastle can forget about signing him, with or without a clause.
Remy on 09:06 - Oct 6 with 1462 viewsQPR442

I think we are in a win/win situation.
If he scores lots of goals then his price will go up and if he doesn't come back then we get a lot of money.
If he doesn't score many goals then we get him back as a good seasoned Prem striker.

Alan Pardew placed a little comment in his after match interview saying 'strikers score when they are happy at a club'. Don't worry about Newcastle and those 52K fans as he is first a QPR player and is contracted to us and on loan at Newcastle.
We decide what will happen to him not Newcastle.
Remy on 09:12 - Oct 6 with 1448 viewsLewes_r

Remy on 09:06 - Oct 6 by QPR442

I think we are in a win/win situation.
If he scores lots of goals then his price will go up and if he doesn't come back then we get a lot of money.
If he doesn't score many goals then we get him back as a good seasoned Prem striker.

Alan Pardew placed a little comment in his after match interview saying 'strikers score when they are happy at a club'. Don't worry about Newcastle and those 52K fans as he is first a QPR player and is contracted to us and on loan at Newcastle.
We decide what will happen to him not Newcastle.

Yes i picked up on that comment.

Pardew would be desperate to sign him but he will be sacked in a month anyway. I doubt Newcastle would be able to match a fee from a chelsea etc. i just hope its us and not the player who has a say in where and how much he goes for
[Post edited 6 Oct 2013 9:14]

Remy on 09:22 - Oct 6 with 1425 viewsQPR442

Remy on 09:12 - Oct 6 by Lewes_r

Yes i picked up on that comment.

Pardew would be desperate to sign him but he will be sacked in a month anyway. I doubt Newcastle would be able to match a fee from a chelsea etc. i just hope its us and not the player who has a say in where and how much he goes for
[Post edited 6 Oct 2013 9:14]

Agree Pardew is a 'dead man walking' and he is to daft to see it.
Really not worried how many goals he scores for them because, he is our player and we will decide.
Remy on 09:48 - Oct 6 with 1386 viewspomanjou

It just goes to show what a diamond deal was done to sign the guy in the first place for £8m if he's now 'worth' say, £30m. I don't believe anybody on here knows how his contract reads and there are probably only a dozen or so people in the world do. Release clauses are not pulled off the shelf like a domestic gas contract. It will have been hammered out, word by word and finessed to the nth degree. Who are the clubs contract lawyers anyway? Are they any good or dodgy and found on a backstreet in Hackney?

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Remy on 10:11 - Oct 6 with 1346 viewsbaz_qpr

He's not worth £3 at the moment with the Rape accusation hanging over him. Uncle Tony signed him with a release agreement for the amount we paid so the price is the price
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024