Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Elsewhere, Flicker in big trouble. 16:31 - Nov 30 with 6508 views442Dale

More strange selections and three down at home. And Daggers has scored for Coventry.

Dave Jones at Sheff Wed must be on borrowed time too.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2013 16:33]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Elsewhere, Flicker in big trouble. on 23:01 - Nov 30 with 1736 views442Dale

Elsewhere, Flicker in big trouble. on 22:35 - Nov 30 by roccydaleian

Love to have him back at the Dale. Just got a strange feeling, he might be offered the job at Mongsville.

Not sure how we could find a role for him here or justify another wage on the coaching staff.

Some Barnsley fans/board members may well have ideas above their station, but having seen what Flicker did there last season at close quarters, it's been really disappointing how things have gone this time around. His decision making around retention of players, loan signings and above all tactics - which have been stubborn bordering on quite inexplicable - meant today's was an understandable decision.

He went from being the most flexible and revolutionary of managers (Wiseman and TK in a central three!), to someone who relied on McCourt to do anything outside of the ordinary. Sad day, because he's clearly got the ability to be a very good manager. The scenes back in May illustrated that.
[Post edited 30 Nov 2013 23:03]

Elsewhere, Flicker in big trouble. on 00:49 - Dec 1 with 1609 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Skybet favourite is well respected managerial success ....er....Michael Appleton?!?!
Elsewhere, Flicker in big trouble. on 07:59 - Dec 1 with 1518 viewsTVOS1907

Elsewhere, Flicker in big trouble. on 22:35 - Nov 30 by roccydaleian

Love to have him back at the Dale. Just got a strange feeling, he might be offered the job at Mongsville.

They've already got a five page thread about it.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Elsewhere, Flicker in big trouble. on 10:45 - Dec 1 with 1410 viewssandylaner1

appleton must have media friends in high places - any vacancy that appears up pops his name when he has done nothing as a manager that deserves any real merit

surprised he was linked to take over from fergie in the summer...
[Post edited 1 Dec 2013 10:46]
Elsewhere, Flicker in big trouble. on 10:48 - Dec 1 with 1407 viewssandylaner1

Elsewhere, Flicker in big trouble. on 07:59 - Dec 1 by TVOS1907

They've already got a five page thread about it.

i hope flicker sees right through stewart days charms

he can do much better
Elsewhere, Flicker in big trouble. on 13:31 - Dec 1 with 1339 views442Dale

Elsewhere, Flicker in big trouble. on 10:45 - Dec 1 by sandylaner1

appleton must have media friends in high places - any vacancy that appears up pops his name when he has done nothing as a manager that deserves any real merit

surprised he was linked to take over from fergie in the summer...
[Post edited 1 Dec 2013 10:46]

Barnsley's chief exec Ben Mansford has the same name as Appleton's agent when he was at Pompey....

Elsewhere, Flicker in big trouble. on 13:47 - Dec 1 with 1314 viewsBetterredthandead

Elsewhere, Flicker in big trouble. on 22:10 - Nov 30 by SuddenLad

Sooner or later the clowns that run Barnsley will realise that their flirt with the Premiership was a fluke - never to be repeated.

Mark Robins realised that he had been given an impossible task and promptly left. Huddersfield are the beneficiaries.

KH & Flicker took over and were expected to achieve the virtually impossible with less resources than Robins had at his disposal.

KH was sacked and we are the beneficiaries.

Barnsley directors should give John Coleman a ring. They are made for each other. Clueless but full of bullsh*t.

I wish Flicker well. We know he will always give 100% for the cause in any situation. For some that doesn't appear to be enough. Some other club will undoubtedly benefit.

I only wish we had a suitable position available for him somewhere at Spotland.

Hi guys, sorry to invade your board but i feel i must respond to this. While 1 or 2 may still think the premiership is attainable, the vast majority of us realise that the chances of us ever getting there again are anorexic at best, and none of us ever expected flicker or hill for that matter to get us close. What we didn't expect though, especially after last season's finish was to be bottom of the pile and highly likely to finally be relegated. As 442dale alluded to flicker was his own worst enemy. Whether by good management or good luck flicker dropped on a style of play and formation that not only kept us up but produced some of the best games i have seen at oakwell in recent times. Unfortunately though for some reason flicker decided to rip all this up in the summer and completely change everything. Only he will know why but once this seasons tactics got sussed pretty quickly he had no answer and we were meandering towards league 1 without a fight and his dismissal was inevitable in the end. While some will be very happy that flicker has gone i personally take no pleasure from it and will always be thankful for what he did for us. Good luck for the rest of the season and enjoy your promotion party in may, plus there's a pretty good chance we will see you next season
Elsewhere, Flicker in big trouble. on 22:32 - Dec 1 with 1156 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Elsewhere, Flicker in big trouble. on 13:47 - Dec 1 by Betterredthandead

Hi guys, sorry to invade your board but i feel i must respond to this. While 1 or 2 may still think the premiership is attainable, the vast majority of us realise that the chances of us ever getting there again are anorexic at best, and none of us ever expected flicker or hill for that matter to get us close. What we didn't expect though, especially after last season's finish was to be bottom of the pile and highly likely to finally be relegated. As 442dale alluded to flicker was his own worst enemy. Whether by good management or good luck flicker dropped on a style of play and formation that not only kept us up but produced some of the best games i have seen at oakwell in recent times. Unfortunately though for some reason flicker decided to rip all this up in the summer and completely change everything. Only he will know why but once this seasons tactics got sussed pretty quickly he had no answer and we were meandering towards league 1 without a fight and his dismissal was inevitable in the end. While some will be very happy that flicker has gone i personally take no pleasure from it and will always be thankful for what he did for us. Good luck for the rest of the season and enjoy your promotion party in may, plus there's a pretty good chance we will see you next season

Don't worry about it, we can be very holier than thou. We've never claimed our club is better than a manager of it!! Not for twelve months anyway.

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024