Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Two Questions. 10:29 - Feb 2 with 3233 viewsGowerjack

1 - What's gone wrong?

2 - What's the remedy?

Sensible & constructive replies prefered.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Two Questions. on 10:38 - Feb 2 with 2508 viewsRancid

Yesterday we came up against a confident West Ham side with Jose Mourinho's words ringing in their ears.It was always going to be hard.I thought we might get a scrappy draw but the disappointing thing was the way we rolled over and had our belly's rubbed.

We need Michu back.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2014 10:40]
Two Questions. on 10:41 - Feb 2 with 2495 viewsNOTRAC

There is no guarantee that Michu will hit it off with Bony.It didn't work at the start of the season.They are on completely different wavelengths.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Two Questions. on 10:43 - Feb 2 with 2474 viewsRancid

Two Questions. on 10:41 - Feb 2 by NOTRAC

There is no guarantee that Michu will hit it off with Bony.It didn't work at the start of the season.They are on completely different wavelengths.

Of course but it's something we have to try and hopefully works.I don't think either were fully fit at the start of the season.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2014 10:43]
Two Questions. on 10:44 - Feb 2 with 2462 viewsjacksinceever

1 - We've lost confidence and especially if we go behind we do not look like coming back into the game.
2 - We need to get Michu & Vorm back and get the whole squad bonded and believing in themselves again. We also need a joint public statement from Huw & ML to assure people that everyone is working together for the best outcome of the club.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2014 10:47]
Two Questions. on 10:50 - Feb 2 with 2414 viewsblackswan

concentrate on prem league reserves for fa cup and europa dont even take the main men to naples. newcastle were in a similar position with their euro adventure last year but signed 5 or 6 in jan window
Two Questions. on 10:50 - Feb 2 with 2407 viewsunion_jack

1. We've taken just 1 point off the 'big' teams mainly IMO because ML has stated that they are not in our league so don't worry lads. Confidence drops because of the defeats and heaps far too much pressure on the games purportedly in our league (3 points lost yesterday).

Also, we are fighting too many competitions for the size of our squad but again IMO I think ML and the team see the silverware as more important.

2. Difficult one. Somehow we have to get confidence back and the only way is winning games - but that invariably requires confidence. Catch 22.

A good game against them next week, we'll need our attitude to be spot on, and maybe we can kick on from there.

But to be honest, I think there are too many problems within the club to turn this around easily. I'm hoping for 3 clubs to have bigger problems than us. That doesn't seem to be the case at the moment with the exception maybe of Fulham.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Two Questions. on 11:05 - Feb 2 with 2363 viewsraynor94

1. Europe and injuries have taken their toll, plus a tough fixture list

2.Michu Vorm and Canas to be back for the weekend, win and hopefully kick on

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Two Questions. on 11:07 - Feb 2 with 2348 viewsZut_Alors

Injuries. Not just the obvious loss of quality, but they have meant that players that needed to be dropped for a run of games weren't, especially in the wide areas and at centre back. That in my opinion has been the major problem.

Keepers. I don't like to point to individual players, especially one I genuinely feel gives his all, but Tremmel doesn't appear to inspire confidence at the back, and I think we should have acted at the start of Jan to bring in an extra keeper. The amount of times the goals are being scored through the legs/or with a slight deflection off our CBs is worrying. Maybe it's just bad luck, and those would have been blocked last season, but I do wonder whether they're trying to cover too much. Vorm makes his share of clangers, but he's definitely not afraid of telling those around him off for under performing — we've missed that leadership out there.

One obvious remedy is coming. Having the full squad available again will give us the boost we need, the ability to drop those who underperform and ride the challenge of extra games. If we have a fit Michu — and I don't mean the player in the run up to his injury but the one who I saw give his heart and soul into getting us through the qualifiers — that alone can inspire us to safety.

Support. Let's get behind the players and stick together. There will be plenty of time to point fingers in the summer. I really can't see us getting rid of ML, (personally, I wouldn't want him to go anyway) so let's get behind him and the boys. Now really is the time.

I still think we'll stay up, not necessarily because we'll go on a massive winning streak, but because there are teams worse than us. I still think it will be Cardiff, West Ham and Fulham who go down, and I can see West Brom and Norwich being there until the end, too.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2014 11:10]
Login to get fewer ads

Two Questions. on 11:09 - Feb 2 with 2324 viewsWatchman

Two Questions. on 10:44 - Feb 2 by jacksinceever

1 - We've lost confidence and especially if we go behind we do not look like coming back into the game.
2 - We need to get Michu & Vorm back and get the whole squad bonded and believing in themselves again. We also need a joint public statement from Huw & ML to assure people that everyone is working together for the best outcome of the club.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2014 10:47]

I agree with the sentiment of point 2 but the time for words is over its time for actions now

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

Two Questions. on 11:16 - Feb 2 with 2292 viewsjacksinceever

Two Questions. on 11:09 - Feb 2 by Watchman

I agree with the sentiment of point 2 but the time for words is over its time for actions now

I know on the field we need action.
However it seems that the club as a whole (including supporters) are getting dragged down with all the rumours about a supposed rift between Huw & ML.
If the club shows a united front on and off the field then it would give supporters more confidence to get behind the team.
To be honest I just go down and support them all, whatever the press says, but others take these stories to heart and then the "Laudrup Out" etc nonsense starts
Two Questions. on 11:56 - Feb 2 with 2237 viewsVetchitBack

What annoys me most is the things we have lacked most of this season are things no Premier League should lack, things even pub teams don't often don't lack - fight, desire and a sense of urgency.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2014 12:19]

The orthodox are always orthodox, regardless of the orthodoxy.

Two Questions. on 12:49 - Feb 2 with 2152 viewsdobjack2

Injuries, too small a squad to deal with Europe, lack of plan A or B. the first 2 nothing we can do about now the third has been worrying me for weeks. Too often we are poor in the first half and often beaten before we start playing. Teams are pressing and harrying us, most can keep this up for about an hour. We are too slow at moving the ball around in the first half and there are not enough options for the man on the ball as a lot of players are static. End result the opposition are able to keep their shape and the man on the ball plays a hurried pass that is picked off and we are counter attacked. Another problem is that Nathan apart there is not a lot of pace in the team. The remedy is to have a plan in place to deal with the opposition tactics.
Two Questions. on 13:36 - Feb 2 with 2066 viewsswancity

Two Questions. on 12:49 - Feb 2 by dobjack2

Injuries, too small a squad to deal with Europe, lack of plan A or B. the first 2 nothing we can do about now the third has been worrying me for weeks. Too often we are poor in the first half and often beaten before we start playing. Teams are pressing and harrying us, most can keep this up for about an hour. We are too slow at moving the ball around in the first half and there are not enough options for the man on the ball as a lot of players are static. End result the opposition are able to keep their shape and the man on the ball plays a hurried pass that is picked off and we are counter attacked. Another problem is that Nathan apart there is not a lot of pace in the team. The remedy is to have a plan in place to deal with the opposition tactics.

1. Not much

2. Get everyone fit

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Two Questions. on 13:48 - Feb 2 with 2026 viewsGeoffThom

Two Questions. on 12:49 - Feb 2 by dobjack2

Very good points ,to all these posters who keep harping get behind the team let me just say that has been a given and still is ,our problems are the management tactics plus the small squad we've got and unfortunately our injury list ,under rogers our play with the ball was fast quick triangles and he always wanted to make the pitch bigger so kept the wingers wide and reduced the traffic inside which created more room and there were runners everywhere ,when we moved it around using width the opposition tired in the last 20 min which is when we scored most laudrup on the other hand does the opposite,also under rogers when the opposition had the ball we were like bees around a honey pot pressing pressing until they made a mistake and gave the ball away we also seemed a lot fitter then at the moment we defend in banks waiting for the opposition and our fitness seems lacking as well all in all a change in direction which is not working
Two Questions. on 17:59 - Feb 2 with 1889 viewsGeoffThom

Two Questions. on 11:05 - Feb 2 by raynor94

Pardew was right on Europe ,can't wait to get vorm and MICHU back as for canas not any better than Leon
Two Questions. on 18:09 - Feb 2 with 1842 viewsMorfa_Same

Two Questions. on 10:41 - Feb 2 by NOTRAC

Without bothering to look up the exact figures, I'm pretty sure we have an excellent record this season when both Michu and Bony have started. I know they both started against West Brom, Liverpool and Valencia, three of our best performances of the season.
Two Questions. on 18:31 - Feb 2 with 1780 viewscurleigh

The general consensus is that ML will be gone in the summer & HJ wasn't going to give him funds to strengthen, a lot on here are relying on Michu to save our season, up until he got injured he wasn't exactly pulling up trees for us with his performances. If ML goes soon that i think will have a major impact on Michus' performances/state of mind.
Two Questions. on 18:38 - Feb 2 with 1745 viewsSwansNZ

Two Questions. on 11:05 - Feb 2 by raynor94

That's about right.

I don't think there is too much wrong - results are not that much different to last season.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Two Questions. on 18:56 - Feb 2 with 1712 viewsjewsonjack

Two Questions. on 18:09 - Feb 2 by Morfa_Same

Without bothering to look up the exact figures, I'm pretty sure we have an excellent record this season when both Michu and Bony have started. I know they both started against West Brom, Liverpool and Valencia, three of our best performances of the season.

try again. Bony on the bench against wba
Two Questions. on 19:09 - Feb 2 with 1678 viewsDull1Thomas

"1 - What's gone wrong? - not a lot, injuries maybe.

2 - What's the remedy? - not a lot to remedy, undying support for the Swans might help.

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Two Questions. on 19:23 - Feb 2 with 1647 viewsIAN05

1. Injuries and too many games taken its toll. Even when all are fit, the side is not set up right. Wingers too narrow, full backs too high up the pitch has left us extremely susceptible on the break. Anyone we play as the attacking midfielder plays too far up the pitch, meaning that when we are defending, we have a midfield two and centre halves. A good passing game also requires a strong pressing game and we have stopped doing that, instead letting players have time to make decisions and pick people out.

2. Honest opinion is that the tactical weaknesses will not change as they have been there and gradually getting worse for over 12 months and the Manager doesn't seem to want to change it. For us to avoid relegation, we have to rely on the quality of Dyer, Michu, Bony, Shelvey, Routs, Hernandez, Vorm, Rangel, Canas, JDG and Britton, if they perform we will be OK
Two Questions. on 19:29 - Feb 2 with 1627 viewsperchrockjack

Ouyle of play has been sussed ands we cannot change.
New manager and several players binning the dross but its too late this season. Hopefully we can regroup in June in tre PL still

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Two Questions. on 19:36 - Feb 2 with 1610 viewsSwansNZ

Two Questions. on 19:29 - Feb 2 by perchrockjack

New manager and several players binning the dross but its too late this season. Hopefully we can regroup in June in tre PL still

ah, the old "the opposition have us sussed and we have no plan B" argument. Very good.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Two Questions. on 19:52 - Feb 2 with 1581 viewsbargoedjack

Two Questions. on 19:29 - Feb 2 by perchrockjack

First half of games - how many times have we got an early goal ..? In previous seasons we started quick and didn't lose a lead often.

Soundness in defence. Lamah and Pozuelo, and Pablo (Though he is better than he used to be) don't support their FBs as well as others did in previous seasons. Ben while better going forward than NT seems to struggle to snuff out certain wingers. Lapses of concentration from Jonjo, Canas and Chico have all gifted the opposition goals. Jonjo it's positioning and the occasional stray pass in a dangerous position.

Injuries

Confidence

Teams sussing us out ... on Saturday, it was the old struggling against physical teams haunting us again. An early goal against the Hammers would have sucked the confidence out of them and given us opportunities to hit them on the counter.

"We're too good to go down"

It's just little things that added together has been losing us games.

I still think we're too good to go down, mind and praying that the return of Vorm and Michu and a run of games for Pablo will see us put it all right.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2014 19:53]
Two Questions. on 22:06 - Feb 2 with 1476 viewsMolliemick

Two Questions. on 18:38 - Feb 2 by SwansNZ

That's about right.

I don't think there is too much wrong - results are not that much different to last season.

The results may be similar but the football we have played is much much much worse. Do we have a defensive coach? How intensive is training? Why is our play so much slower with no quick pass and move? Who cares about the cups? We must stay in the PL and the way things are going we may not.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024