Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should Huw Jenkins step down? 23:49 - Feb 4 with 12775 viewsDull1Thomas

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 12:18 - Apr 15 with 2008 viewsOxOsp

Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 11:15 - Apr 15 by JJJack

I think you're being a little unrealistic. I agree with BTS's post. I think we , just because we have the Trust, expect to know far too much. It's not healthy for a successful business to wash dirty linen in public.....same when, for example, we are in for a player/Manager. The Board (ironicaly in this case), do a brilliant job of keeping things quiet at our club....half the time on match days we turn up and find a player is injured....well if we've not heard, chances are the oppo haven't so thats a good thing.
What positive difference could it have made for fans or teh Trust to know about this in advance? Yes we could have "protested". But what I can't understand is that AT SOME POINT the Directors were always going to sell. IF you can make millions and are finding the pressure hard to take, why on Earth wouldn't you sell. I do not believe a single person wouldn't do likewise, given similar circumstances.
Perhaps the Shareholders felt it was too risky to tell the Trust and that it would become public knowledge? I don't know how many people would have had to know if the Trust would have been told - but presumably they would have been obliged to tell Trust members?? If the Americans wanted it kept schtum then so be it.
I'm pretty damn worried about the takeover overall. Venture Capitalists....people need to knwo the meaning of this term....

Maybe you didn't notice. But my point was that they should have confided in Phil and Huw. Then planned how it was announced to the Trust membership, when (and only when) it was appropriate.

I don't expect big public announcements (not appropriate, and probably not possible under the HoTs) - but a wee word in the ear of the second biggest shareholder's representatives would have been appropriate. Unless you think that they are the source of all leaks from the board.
Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 12:18 - Apr 15 with 2008 viewsmax936

Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 10:20 - Apr 15 by jojaca

I don't think your going to have long queue of people preparing to spend £100 million into the football club and it's case of getting the money and running unfortunately and praying that it works out. But Huw Jenkins is still the best chairman in the world, the board have worked wonders over the years. There is a lot of jealousy towards them because how little they invested compared to the returns. Bet we are thinking wish I could have invested all them years back, you didn't.

It's not an investment how many times have people got to be told, the 100 million goes to the shareholders, l agree with Dewi on this 100%.
The sneaky underhandedness in which this as been done is sneaky as fuk, l hope they all choke on their celebratory Champagne. Club run by fans for the fans by fuk, that may have been the case, but that changed as soon as the dividends started filling their bank accounts and now the Yankee Dollar.
By all means cash in your chips but let's be upfront about it and take every care into who they sell it to.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2016 19:33]

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 13:59 - Apr 15 with 1916 viewsDafyddHuw

Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 11:28 - Apr 15 by Landore_Jack

The current shareholders have worked with the Trust since 2002. The descent thing would have been to tell the Trust about the potential sale of shares to the Americans. I know they are not obligated to do so but in my view it would have been the right thing to do.

A document was signed in December 2015 agreeing the sale of shares. The trust had no knowledge of this until two weeks ago. As a trust member I feel Huw Jenkins and other shareholders have stabbed the Trust in the back. You may not agree but that is how I feel.

To sign a document without some of the shareholders consent or knowledge speaks volumes about HJ. He had no right to do so, and you can understand why two of the shareholders are very angry.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2016 11:57]

To all those of you who want HJ to step down.
If you truly have the best interests of the club at heart, then don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.
If you think someone will do a better job than HJ, then tell us who that is, so we can have a look at them.
Or would you rather we carry on rudderless, with no-one in charge?
Get over your hurt and disappointment, try not to think selfishly and try to think what's best for the club.
Wounded pride and maintaining the moral high ground will get us nowhere fast.
This isn't rockt science ffs.
Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 14:06 - Apr 15 with 1910 viewsLandore_Jack

Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 13:59 - Apr 15 by DafyddHuw

To all those of you who want HJ to step down.
If you truly have the best interests of the club at heart, then don't throw the baby out with the bathwater.
If you think someone will do a better job than HJ, then tell us who that is, so we can have a look at them.
Or would you rather we carry on rudderless, with no-one in charge?
Get over your hurt and disappointment, try not to think selfishly and try to think what's best for the club.
Wounded pride and maintaining the moral high ground will get us nowhere fast.
This isn't rockt science ffs.

In my quote I have not said HJ should step down. In fact, I believe that would make things worse.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2016 14:07]

#backtojack

Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 14:31 - Apr 15 with 1876 viewsDafyddHuw

Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 14:06 - Apr 15 by Landore_Jack

In my quote I have not said HJ should step down. In fact, I believe that would make things worse.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2016 14:07]

Sorry butt, quoted you by mistake. But everything I said in the post still stands.
Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 14:45 - Apr 15 with 1869 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Do you honestly think a failed businessman is better at running a £150M Business than anyone else.
It is the Manager who runs the Footballing side and that is the only decision Jenkins got right in the past until the GM fiasco.
Guidolin came to him not the other way around, Jenkins was happy to leave Curt in charge.
Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 14:53 - Apr 15 with 1860 viewsBarryTownSwam

Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 11:28 - Apr 15 by Landore_Jack

The current shareholders have worked with the Trust since 2002. The descent thing would have been to tell the Trust about the potential sale of shares to the Americans. I know they are not obligated to do so but in my view it would have been the right thing to do.

A document was signed in December 2015 agreeing the sale of shares. The trust had no knowledge of this until two weeks ago. As a trust member I feel Huw Jenkins and other shareholders have stabbed the Trust in the back. You may not agree but that is how I feel.

To sign a document without some of the shareholders consent or knowledge speaks volumes about HJ. He had no right to do so, and you can understand why two of the shareholders are very angry.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2016 11:57]

HJ signed the document on behalf of the other directors in November / December eh ?

Is this around the time when the behaviour of other directors was rumoured to be a cause for the squad malaise and unrest, that HJ was party to and was doing his best (as the director in-situ at the Liberty on behalf of directors who weren't in-situ and no where to be seen around the ground on non-match days) ?

Mybe there's more to the fallout than we appreciate.
Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 15:13 - Apr 15 with 1828 views50pencehead

The vitriol being displayed on this forum is completely understandable based on what is currently known. 'We' thought we were all in it together, but, once the £ signs appear peoples priorities change and their own nests need to be feathered.

Lets not get caught up in the rabble rousing of sound bites shown in the local press by speakers at the trusts meeting last night either, this same individual has personally profited from the clubs success directly over the last 13 years without criticising the current board when it benefited him, whilst openly sharing his 'ITK' status with all that were keen to listen.

This is not a dig at the trust or the board it is merely stating what has happened. Everyone cares about what happens to the club, whether that is the current board, the trust fans, players and staff alike so my question is :-

Do we need additional investment YES/NO?

If NO how will we continue to advance whilst buying stadium, expanding the stadium and improving the squad ?

if YES what form should that investment take and how can we expect people to 'invest' without someone else turning a profit?

We are all hoping for the best, lets just stick together and get behind the club whichever direction it takes, after all we will still be here.

Feet like a Toblerone

Login to get fewer ads

Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 16:26 - Apr 15 with 1757 viewsmax936

Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 15:13 - Apr 15 by 50pencehead

The vitriol being displayed on this forum is completely understandable based on what is currently known. 'We' thought we were all in it together, but, once the £ signs appear peoples priorities change and their own nests need to be feathered.

Lets not get caught up in the rabble rousing of sound bites shown in the local press by speakers at the trusts meeting last night either, this same individual has personally profited from the clubs success directly over the last 13 years without criticising the current board when it benefited him, whilst openly sharing his 'ITK' status with all that were keen to listen.

This is not a dig at the trust or the board it is merely stating what has happened. Everyone cares about what happens to the club, whether that is the current board, the trust fans, players and staff alike so my question is :-

If NO how will we continue to advance whilst buying stadium, expanding the stadium and improving the squad ?

if YES what form should that investment take and how can we expect people to 'invest' without someone else turning a profit?

We are all hoping for the best, lets just stick together and get behind the club whichever direction it takes, after all we will still be here.

Good Post, but can I add to the disappointment felt by the actions of the directors of the club run by fans for the fans [wat a fuking joke] that the 100 mill is not an investment, its monies that will line the pockets of said directors.

Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 16:29 - Apr 15 with 1745 viewsPhil_S

Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 15:13 - Apr 15 by 50pencehead

Interesting comments but just wanted to add that there was no "rabble rousing" last night as far as I was concerned just an open and honest answering of questions. A better solution than lying

I would like to add that I have made no personal profit from the club in the past 13 years and I apologise in advance if that comment wasn't aimed at me

Your last line is an interesting one as we stated that time and time again last night but for whatever reason the press didn't want to print that particular bit. You can ask yourselves the reasons why

To your questions we answered these last night

Yes the club needs investment
And we accept people want to make a profit. The key is to try and make sure that any profit aimed for is not at the detriment of the football club.

Another thing that for whatever reason the papers didn't want to print

The live blog on the Western Mail size is a better reflection of it

This post has been edited by an administrator
Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 16:44 - Apr 15 with 1700 viewsmax936

Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 16:29 - Apr 15 by Phil_S

Interesting comments but just wanted to add that there was no "rabble rousing" last night as far as I was concerned just an open and honest answering of questions. A better solution than lying

I would like to add that I have made no personal profit from the club in the past 13 years and I apologise in advance if that comment wasn't aimed at me

Your last line is an interesting one as we stated that time and time again last night but for whatever reason the press didn't want to print that particular bit. You can ask yourselves the reasons why

And we accept people want to make a profit. The key is to try and make sure that any profit aimed for is not at the detriment of the football club.

I'm sure the comment wasn't aimed at you Phil, one question after what the Trust now know, do they still back Huw Jenkins to remain as Chairman? because if after all that's been said is true then surely he can't stay, as the trust is gone.

Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 16:50 - Apr 15 with 1692 views50pencehead

Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 16:29 - Apr 15 by Phil_S

Not aimed at you at all, and I appreciate you taking time to respond to my post.

The phrase 'rabble rousing' may well have been taken out of context, but, I mean it can be a them and us type situation and that is not beneficial to anyone at all.

I just wish that the media were prepared to print the facts rather than an edited version of the events as they see it. Journalism is to produce the facts not an opinion of what they want to see happening.

I have already had it confirmed to me that the local media have been given a clear indication of what they can 'report' and bearing in mind we are a 1 paper city it is clear they do not want to ujrinate on their pommes frites as regards getting further scoops.

No one objects to people making money, but, £50,000 returning in excess of £10,000,000 in 13 years is the type of investment that turns anyone's heads even those who have done very nicely thank you from the club they have represented for 13 years.

Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely.

Feet like a Toblerone

Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 16:57 - Apr 15 with 1678 viewsbarry_island

Surely Huw Cooze can't carry on working with the board given the apparent contempt he has been shown? Perhaps someone with some legal acumen might be a good choice at this time.

Swansea City, THE Austerity Club.

Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 17:08 - Apr 15 with 1660 viewsOldjack

Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 12:18 - Apr 15 by max936

It's not an investment how many times have people got to be told, the 100 million goes to the shareholders, l agree with Dewi on this 100%.
The sneaky underhandedness in which this as been done is sneaky as fuk, l hope they all choke on their celebratory Champagne. Club run by fans for the fans by fuk, that may have been the case, but that changed as soon as the dividends started filling their bank accounts and now the Yankee Dollar.
By all means cash in your chips but let's be upfront about it and take every care into who they sell it to.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2016 19:33]

What is so wrong is they are selling to people who have no real interest in us , make money make money make money ,and money is the root to all evil ,you;d think they'd know better after all they've been through ,it fuking stinks !

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 17:40 - Apr 15 with 1609 viewsmax936

Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 17:08 - Apr 15 by Oldjack

What is so wrong is they are selling to people who have no real interest in us , make money make money make money ,and money is the root to all evil ,you;d think they'd know better after all they've been through ,it fuking stinks !

Nobody from the club have said anything that's the disappointing thing, the silence plus the deceit in going behind peoples backs, that's why I just asked Phil the question about HJ, he must have gone for a cuppa because he hasn't answered.

Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 18:04 - Apr 15 with 1574 viewsOldjack

Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 17:40 - Apr 15 by max936

Nobody from the club have said anything that's the disappointing thing, the silence plus the deceit in going behind peoples backs, that's why I just asked Phil the question about HJ, he must have gone for a cuppa because he hasn't answered.

Huw has been banging on theses last few seasons on how much we need investment ,fuking show us in black and white now! talk is cheap

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 19:31 - Apr 15 with 1511 viewsOldjack

The way it's going i can see Huw as no more than a puppet to his new masters

Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 19:55 - Apr 15 with 1478 viewsplasjack

He will stay until the new owners find another puppet, as for hoping for a local interest too buy us, who in the Swansea area or in Wales has enough capital?.
Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 20:11 - Apr 15 with 1463 viewsItchySphincter

Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 17:08 - Apr 15 by Oldjack

'kin hell mun, it's theirs to sell.

Got to get past this kind of boIIocks and look ahead to securing the best for the club and the future. Stock will change hands, we may or may not get relegated - what we have to be absolutely certain of is that we have a club to support come what may.

It's an emotive issue but the trust's work has to be done with vigour and clarity not emotional claptrap.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 20:24 - Apr 15 with 1439 viewsbonymine

Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 20:11 - Apr 15 by ItchySphincter

Got to get past this kind of boIIocks and look ahead to securing the best for the club and the future. Stock will change hands, we may or may not get relegated - what we have to be absolutely certain of is that we have a club to support come what may.

It's an emotive issue but the trust's work has to be done with vigour and clarity not emotional claptrap.

Well said.

However,it's only natural that negative emotion and bitterness come to the fore amongst our fan base initially given the circumstances with the Trust having been excluded from all previous negotiations and the deafening silence of the Board/Shareholders since last Saturday.

However, once that initial period of emotional intensity has subsided, it must be left to the Trust's professional advisors to utilise their expertise in clarifying and formulating the Trust's legal position and strategy going forward.

(Even if it means Lisa lunching with Dai Little in London over 3 bottles of wine - good lad is Dai played local football with him many years ago ).

STID. Together Stronger.

💪💪💪

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 20:24 - Apr 15 with 1438 viewsOldjack

Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 20:11 - Apr 15 by ItchySphincter

I'll not disagree it's theirs to sell ,but to these two? who's rep is not very good is it ,A promsie of investment was the term used i believe ,I'll believe that when it happens ,don't hold your breath
To me this is a panic sale to get the best out of their shares whilst they could before it was to late , and it's got nowt to do with the well being of the club

Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 20:35 - Apr 15 with 1422 viewsplasjack

Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 20:24 - Apr 15 by Oldjack

I'll not disagree it's theirs to sell ,but to these two? who's rep is not very good is it ,A promsie of investment was the term used i believe ,I'll believe that when it happens ,don't hold your breath
To me this is a panic sale to get the best out of their shares whilst they could before it was to late , and it's got nowt to do with the well being of the club

We are in murky waters, money wins in the end.
Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 20:38 - Apr 15 with 1412 viewsbonymine

Absolutely, if HJ signed the HOT on 15th Dec it was the week after Monk was sacked and we were in dire straights with relegation a real prospect and that's why the selling price is under value - if it were now having secured PL survival and the TV money coming in over the next 2/3 years I'm sure the selling price would be higher.

Probably why the Americans are now happy to buy 60% because they've got it on the cheap anyway and they'll still get their voting rights = win/win.

STID. Together Stronger.

💪💪💪

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 20:45 - Apr 15 with 1404 viewsOldjack

Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 20:38 - Apr 15 by bonymine

Absolutely, if HJ signed the HOT on 15th Dec it was the week after Monk was sacked and we were in dire straights with relegation a real prospect and that's why the selling price is under value - if it were now having secured PL survival and the TV money coming in over the next 2/3 years I'm sure the selling price would be higher.

Probably why the Americans are now happy to buy 60% because they've got it on the cheap anyway and they'll still get their voting rights = win/win.

STID. Together Stronger.

💪💪💪

On the nail ,it stinks atm

Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 21:32 - Apr 15 with 1353 viewsmax936

Good post OJ.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024