Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should Huw Jenkins step down? 23:49 - Feb 4 with 12774 viewsDull1Thomas

Poll: Should Huw Jenkins step down?

Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 23:15 - Apr 15 with 2268 viewsPhil_S

Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 16:50 - Apr 15 by 50pencehead

Not aimed at you at all, and I appreciate you taking time to respond to my post.

The phrase 'rabble rousing' may well have been taken out of context, but, I mean it can be a them and us type situation and that is not beneficial to anyone at all.

I just wish that the media were prepared to print the facts rather than an edited version of the events as they see it. Journalism is to produce the facts not an opinion of what they want to see happening.

I have already had it confirmed to me that the local media have been given a clear indication of what they can 'report' and bearing in mind we are a 1 paper city it is clear they do not want to ujrinate on their pommes frites as regards getting further scoops.

No one objects to people making money, but, £50,000 returning in excess of £10,000,000 in 13 years is the type of investment that turns anyone's heads even those who have done very nicely thank you from the club they have represented for 13 years.

Power corrupts, absolute power corrupts absolutely.

For us (Trust) it is not a them and us - we have simply stated what has happened to date detailing facts.

Your comments about the local media are very interesting to read and very sad if it is true as you said. Given the way that the EP backed Tony Petty from the start I would hope that they would at least print balanced viewpoints as best as they can. Nobody involved has said that Jason Levein is wrong for the club at this point simply that we do not know - something that the press seem to have overlooked
Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 01:15 - Apr 16 with 2208 viewsLoyal

Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 23:15 - Apr 15 by Phil_S

For us (Trust) it is not a them and us - we have simply stated what has happened to date detailing facts.

Your comments about the local media are very interesting to read and very sad if it is true as you said. Given the way that the EP backed Tony Petty from the start I would hope that they would at least print balanced viewpoints as best as they can. Nobody involved has said that Jason Levein is wrong for the club at this point simply that we do not know - something that the press seem to have overlooked

Let's be honest, they butter their bread to suit and they aren't the brightest of people, or should I say there's nothing Petty about how easily they are influenced.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 01:44 - Apr 16 with 2195 viewsDJack

Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 02:49 - Apr 15 by Loyal

Some relevance here to the fact that Martin Morgan as I understand it didn't want anything to do up front with the club for many years due to the way fans of clubs can change so quickly in their opinions of people.

Seems he was very right.

To be fair though... "quickly change" or "accurately change"?

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 01:48 - Apr 16 with 2195 viewsDJack

Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 08:43 - Apr 15 by BarryTownSwam

In my opinion Huw Jenkins was right to keep the proposed takeover quiet since December. The club was a complete mess at the time on a long run without a win under a manager who was being exposed as increasingly clueless as time went on. There was genuine concern by all connected with the club that we would be relegated and miss out on the golden egg financial boost. I don't recall there being too many kind compliments from the fan base at that time about the character and ability of HJ or his fellow board members. I admit that keeping the takeover quiet until safety had been assured was deceitful and unprofessional and disrespectful to the Trust but maybe they knew the takeover would not happen if we had been relegated ? I suspect that the 40 point safety mark triggered confirmation from the investors that the takeover was 'on'. Is it a case of if we'd gone down there's no takeover and no story and nothing to report so no need to discuss it with the Trust (the only non-selling shareholder. I can imagine the abuse from some on this board being directed at HJ if the takeover was in the public domain alongside the truma of battling relegation with no manager in place and a team playing shite ! Maybe it's best that we didn't know ? Be honest. whT would you have done in HJ's situation?
[Post edited 15 Apr 2016 8:52]

Only one comment from me...

You only appeared on this board some time during or after the last purchase attempt. So please fûck off until we talk football.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 02:01 - Apr 16 with 2188 viewsLoyal

Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 01:48 - Apr 16 by DJack

Only one comment from me...

You only appeared on this board some time during or after the last purchase attempt. So please fûck off until we talk football.

don't be nasty now. Have you had a sherbet ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 02:09 - Apr 16 with 2168 viewsDJack

Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 02:01 - Apr 16 by Loyal

Ha! Just some wine as it happens but please look at your posting history and re-think your comment. Ta.

Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 02:12 - Apr 16 with 2163 viewsLoyal

Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 02:09 - Apr 16 by DJack

Ha! Just some wine as it happens but please look at your posting history and re-think your comment. Ta.

I think we could be friends.

Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 02:25 - Apr 16 with 2153 viewsDJack

Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 02:12 - Apr 16 by Loyal

I think we could be friends.

...er, based on what?

Login to get fewer ads

Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 02:26 - Apr 16 with 2151 viewsLoyal

Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 02:25 - Apr 16 by DJack

...er, based on what?

The future and a bit of the past.

Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 02:32 - Apr 16 with 2143 viewsDJack

Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 02:26 - Apr 16 by Loyal

The future and a bit of the past.

err, the future is bright but it is not orange... sorry I couldn't resist. It's black and white no matter what those "in charge" say.

Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 10:12 - Apr 16 with 2077 viewsItchySphincter

Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 20:24 - Apr 15 by Oldjack

I'll not disagree it's theirs to sell ,but to these two? who's rep is not very good is it ,A promsie of investment was the term used i believe ,I'll believe that when it happens ,don't hold your breath
To me this is a panic sale to get the best out of their shares whilst they could before it was to late , and it's got nowt to do with the well being of the club

You may be right Al but in the cold light of day we have very little influence on that. I'm also detecting that the trust are reasonably agreeable to new ownership in as much as it's inevitable anyway and are not so alarmed by this current pair as they were the last Americans who were sniffing around.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 10:48 - Apr 16 with 2041 viewsmax936

Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 10:12 - Apr 16 by ItchySphincter

You may be right Al but in the cold light of day we have very little influence on that. I'm also detecting that the trust are reasonably agreeable to new ownership in as much as it's inevitable anyway and are not so alarmed by this current pair as they were the last Americans who were sniffing around.

Ichy, don't you think that the way it was all done is wrong, Huw Jenkins actually shares a lift with Huw Cooze and all the time that they have shared said car over the last year exchanging pleasantries and the like Jenkins has been scheming behind his back, how can he trust him again, not only that the buyer was actually told not to contact the Trust, that to me is damming, no matter what happens from here on in that relationship for me would dead, in fact I'd hold nothing more than contempt for Jenkins.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 10:54 - Apr 16 with 2035 viewsNookiejack

Possible 2 scenarios - (please add)

1. Club flourishes under control of Venture Capitalists - best chance will be with Huw Jenkins on board - given Venture Capitalists have absolute no experience of owning a Premier League team which can get relegated. (Unlike US Sports franchises where there is no relegation - so can invest in US in stadium expansions and the like - without fear of losing £130n of TV money).

2. Club becomes embroiled in relegation battle - vitriol and abuse hurled at Huw Jenkins, home and away and whenever he is seen in Swansea. In a desperate attempt to stay up he recommends a Paolschi type transfer in Jan transfer window - only to be refused by Venture Capitalists as money is too tight - due to overrun in costs with regards to stadium expansion.

Club gets relegated, players are sold off, Venture Capitalists bank parachute money. Huw Jenkins and family emigrate to Australia.
Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 11:13 - Apr 16 with 2019 viewsmax936

Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 10:54 - Apr 16 by Nookiejack

1. Club flourishes under control of Venture Capitalists - best chance will be with Huw Jenkins on board - given Venture Capitalists have absolute no experience of owning a Premier League team which can get relegated. (Unlike US Sports franchises where there is no relegation - so can invest in US in stadium expansions and the like - without fear of losing £130n of TV money).

2. Club becomes embroiled in relegation battle - vitriol and abuse hurled at Huw Jenkins, home and away and whenever he is seen in Swansea. In a desperate attempt to stay up he recommends a Paolschi type transfer in Jan transfer window - only to be refused by Venture Capitalists as money is too tight - due to overrun in costs with regards to stadium expansion.

Club gets relegated, players are sold off, Venture Capitalists bank parachute money. Huw Jenkins and family emigrate to Australia.

Australia far enough?

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 11:23 - Apr 16 with 2016 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 02:01 - Apr 16 by Loyal

Barry Town SWAM - not one of those Cardiff boys who sampled the water quality in Swansea bay was he?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 12:12 - Apr 16 with 1988 viewsplasjack

Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 10:54 - Apr 16 by Nookiejack

As regards parachute payments they are to be used to cushion the effects of relegation, that is reduced tv revenue etc.
Owners cannot milk them for profit i understand.
Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 14:38 - Apr 16 with 1936 viewsItchySphincter

Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 10:48 - Apr 16 by max936

Ichy, don't you think that the way it was all done is wrong, Huw Jenkins actually shares a lift with Huw Cooze and all the time that they have shared said car over the last year exchanging pleasantries and the like Jenkins has been scheming behind his back, how can he trust him again, not only that the buyer was actually told not to contact the Trust, that to me is damming, no matter what happens from here on in that relationship for me would dead, in fact I'd hold nothing more than contempt for Jenkins.

Don't disagree with any of that. The damage is done but we have to look forward.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 09:34 - Apr 17 with 1864 viewsNookiejack

Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 12:12 - Apr 16 by plasjack

As regards parachute payments they are to be used to cushion the effects of relegation, that is reduced tv revenue etc.
Owners cannot milk them for profit i understand.

Big call for them if we went down

1. Use the parachute payments to keep squad together in some shape and make a push to get back into Premier League

2. Sell off all players and replace them with youth team players on £100 a week contracts (granted you wouldn't be able to sell off all players as wouldn't be buyers for certain ones - even with reduced wages with regards to relegation clauses.

What we probably have to understand is that the Venturs Capitalists themselves have been funded themselves from a Venture Capital fund or from rich backers. They will therefore have to pay the money back that they themselves have borrowed. We are not talking of a scenario here that these guys are a rich benefactor type character like Abramovich.

Therefore if we get relegated big risk that if they pursue option 1 and then we don't get promoted during time of parachute payments - then no chance they can pay their funders back.

However scenario 2 will mean they will get cash back from player sales and parachute money - allowing them to pay their own backers back.

We of course then will have a team of youth team players - plummeting down the leagues.
Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 10:01 - Apr 17 with 1843 viewsMoscowJack

There wouldn't be much anyone could do to stop them borrowing against the parachute payments though. They could easily mortgage them and season ticket sales to pocket approx 100m before declaring "the club needs someone with deeper pockets" and is sold on to the next group.

As the Trust have said (I think), if there are the right protections and clauses inserted in the new ownership agreement then they might be able to stop this from happening.

I could be wrong though....PS and Ux would know far better.

Poll: Simple...would you want Leon in the squad right now, if he was available?

Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 17:16 - Dec 31 with 1118 viewsbonymine

Should Huw Jenkins step down? on 08:56 - Apr 15 by Phil_S

I don't think it would to be honest. We are going about things in the right way and ultimately whatever happens here we have to work somewhere with the people whether the deal goes through or not.

If the deal doesn't go through the sellers are still shareholders and if it does so are the buyers

Protests are not what is needed at the moment, we need the detail to understand what is right

IMHO of course

An old post from Phil here on 15th April 2016.......’we need the detail to understand what is right’

.......once again confirms that the Sellers had not provided the Trust with the proposed sale details at that time.

Lying, deceitful Sellouts Get Out Of OUR Club....NOW.

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024