Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Halal meat 12:13 - May 9 with 15325 viewsFlashberryjack

All this talk of halal meat not being labeled as such.
What are your thoughts on the subject, personally I think it's f*cking disgusting, the thought of some religious guy chanting to Allah before slitting the throat of an animal I will be eating doesn't seem right to me.
Bloody hell this country is being dragged back into the dark ages, why do we not just ban this inhuman ritualistic slaughtering like many other European countries have done ? Companies like Pizza Express and the like are a f*cking disgrace.
At least those companies have come out and admitted that the meat they serve is halal, which gives me the choice of never ever eating there, unfortunately many other companies choose not to disclose the fact that their meat is halal, taking away my right of choice.
Anyway it's just my opinion, what' yours ?

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Halal meat on 12:15 - May 9 with 4307 viewsBaker

*grabs comfortable chair*

May I say? what a smashing blouse you have on!

Halal meat on 12:19 - May 9 with 4299 viewsDarran

It doesn't make any difference to what you're eating.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Halal meat on 12:20 - May 9 with 4296 viewsNeath_Jack

Halal meat on 12:15 - May 9 by Baker

*grabs comfortable chair*

I wouldn't bother, most of us intelligent, rounded individuals are busy at work to care about thinly veiled racist rants this time on a Friday.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Halal meat on 12:21 - May 9 with 4293 viewsllangyfelach

I would prefer if I knew my meat was coming from Calon Cyg Cymru and that Dewi the line manager would sing Myfanwy before knifing the f*ckers throats, but it'll never happen

Poll: Sugar on Weetabix?

Halal meat on 12:22 - May 9 with 4288 viewsreddythered

Yet more bollocks.

The knives are so damn sharp, as soon as the throat is cut, the animal is dead.

Idiots / racists ignore that simple fact, acting as if the animal is alive when the blood is drained. Also conveniently ignore the fact stunning isn't as efective as claimed.

It's also interesting to me that so many want to boycott based upon the animal rights view. No other reason at all, obviously.

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

Halal meat on 12:25 - May 9 with 4280 viewsepaul

Here we go more media poison.........

I'm waiting for the Islamification of Britain thread, now where did I put my copies of the sun and the mail

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Halal meat on 12:27 - May 9 with 4271 viewsFlashberryjack

Halal meat on 12:20 - May 9 by Neath_Jack

I wouldn't bother, most of us intelligent, rounded individuals are busy at work to care about thinly veiled racist rants this time on a Friday.

And what exactly is racist about wanting to know how the meat you eat is slaughtered.
This is moral and choice issue, but if you and others feel the need to throw the racist card in the ring at every opportunity.....fill your boots

Hello

Halal meat on 12:27 - May 9 with 4269 viewsDarran

I had a banging steak in a muslin restaurant in Swansea t'other day called Awa.

The rotters don't serve alcohol though.

Login to get fewer ads

Halal meat on 12:29 - May 9 with 4264 viewsreddythered

It's highly interesting ( my favourite word today ) people whine about Halal meat yet conveniently ignore how chickens get "stunned".

As in, shackled upside down, passed through an electrified bath then throats cut and bled out. Except the shackling can cause distress. Chickens often don't make sufficient contact with the "stunner" and in some cases end up paralyzed, not stunned.

I guess KFC et al will thus get blasted, since the issue is nimal rights only, yeah?

Poll: 94th minute; Medel does Charlie Adam, causing a career ending injury. Do you..

Halal meat on 12:29 - May 9 with 4262 viewsDDCH

Personally I don't want anything I touch to be blessed by sky fairies of any denomination. I respect your right to believe in what ever you want but I don't want it to involve me in any way shape or form. This includes vicars offering those free wafers and wine, i'll take your snacks but no magic spells thanks.

The poster formally known as DannyDyersChocolateHomunculus

Halal meat on 13:01 - May 9 with 4230 viewsepaul

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Halal meat on 13:10 - May 9 with 4215 viewsDrizzy

Slowly back away, Flashberry. You've had an absolute shocker.

Poll: PlanetSwans Tw*t of the Year 2018

Halal meat on 13:12 - May 9 with 4206 viewsApeShit

Become a vegetarian then.
Halal meat on 13:17 - May 9 with 4198 viewsLeonisGod

Halal meat on 13:01 - May 9 by epaul

Steeplechasing? Well, I guess it can be barbaric by the looks of it:

Halal meat on 13:19 - May 9 with 4194 viewsreddythered

Halal meat on 13:12 - May 9 by ApeShit

Become a vegetarian then.

Could have sworn I read somewhere that some scientists wired a carrot up and sliced into it, detecting an electrical pulse from the carrot.

Maybe veggies are more vicious and EVIL then?

Halal meat on 13:23 - May 9 with 4182 viewsLeonisGod

Halal meat on 13:19 - May 9 by reddythered

Could have sworn I read somewhere that some scientists wired a carrot up and sliced into it, detecting an electrical pulse from the carrot.

Maybe veggies are more vicious and EVIL then?

http://www.naturalnews.com/033272_living_foods_carrots.html#
Halal meat on 13:24 - May 9 with 4180 viewsFlashberryjack

Halal meat on 13:10 - May 9 by Drizzy

Slowly back away, Flashberry. You've had an absolute shocker.

Appreciate your concern....and thanks.
But I only asked the question and gave my opinion....is that such an awful thing?....but somehow it's been hijacked into a racist issue, just like a lot of things in this country.
The ritual slaughter of animals is illegal in Denmark, Norway, Iceland, Sweden, and Switzerland f*cking racists the lot of them.

Hello

Halal meat on 13:30 - May 9 with 4164 viewsDrizzy

Halal meat on 13:24 - May 9 by Flashberryjack

But I only asked the question and gave my opinion....is that such an awful thing?....but somehow it's been hijacked into a racist issue, just like a lot of things in this country.
The ritual slaughter of animals is illegal in Denmark, Norway, Iceland, Sweden, and Switzerland f*cking racists the lot of them.

It's been hijacked into a racist issue? WTF was it before? An animal rights issue? You clearly do not give two f*cks about animal welfare if you eat any commercially farmed meat. That's OK. I'm the same. Just get off your f*cking high horse.

For the record I didn't call you a racist. You're more than entitled to your opinion it just happens to be as backwards as the idea you're opposing.

Halal meat on 13:32 - May 9 with 4159 viewsDarran

Halal meat on 13:24 - May 9 by Flashberryjack

Mare.

Halal meat on 13:33 - May 9 with 4157 viewsDrizzy

And for the record the countries you mentioned haven't banned halal meat as such. They've banned the killing of conscious animals. The whole procedure is exactly the same except the animal is stunned beforehand. There will still be some religious guy chanting to Allah before the animal dies. Don't like it? Don't eat it. If you're unsure whether the meat is halal or not (and actually care enough) then ask.

Halal meat on 13:57 - May 9 with 4111 viewsFlashberryjack

Halal meat on 13:33 - May 9 by Drizzy

And for the record the countries you mentioned haven't banned halal meat as such. They've banned the killing of conscious animals. The whole procedure is exactly the same except the animal is stunned beforehand. There will still be some religious guy chanting to Allah before the animal dies. Don't like it? Don't eat it. If you're unsure whether the meat is halal or not (and actually care enough) then ask.

"Don't like it, then don't eat it" that's is one of the points I made.
By not labelling that it's halal meat... I have no choice.
If people choose to eat halal meat then that's their choice, I prefer not to, if that's ok.
Just as people prefer to be vegetarian or vegan, food is labeled accordingly so they have a choice not to eat products that contain certain food products.

Hello

Halal meat on 13:59 - May 9 with 4105 viewsperchrockjack

Arabs and Jews hate each other ;have done since Jesus time but they kill animals the same way which makes the monumental hypocrites I think.

HORSE MEAT? Is not that bad

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Halal meat on 14:03 - May 9 with 4092 viewsreddythered

Halal meat on 13:59 - May 9 by perchrockjack

Arabs and Jews hate each other ;have done since Jesus time but they kill animals the same way which makes the monumental hypocrites I think.

HORSE MEAT? Is not that bad

Killing animals the same way hardly makes them "best friends" or hypocrites.

It's also a sweeping generalisation that Arabs and Jews hate each other.

Halal meat on 14:04 - May 9 with 4091 viewsDrizzy

Halal meat on 13:57 - May 9 by Flashberryjack

"Don't like it, then don't eat it" that's is one of the points I made.
By not labelling that it's halal meat... I have no choice.
If people choose to eat halal meat then that's their choice, I prefer not to, if that's ok.
Just as people prefer to be vegetarian or vegan, food is labeled accordingly so they have a choice not to eat products that contain certain food products.

You've mellowed. You're correct too. Not labeling it is a mistake.

Halal meat on 14:20 - May 9 with 4064 viewsFree_Willy

Good Guardian article on this:
http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2014/may/08/what-does-halal-method-anima

Hopefully the EU will come up with a ban on non stunned meat and a clear labeling system showing what religious slaughter was undertaken.

Otherwise eat bacon sandwiches
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024