Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The 'SKYS THE LIMIT'! 07:28 - May 13 with 3046 viewsNOTRAC

Figures released today show that during this season ground occupancy in the Premier League reached a new high at 96% ,with an average crowd of 36,600.
The Leagues popularity has hit new heights abroad,where 40% of total income comes from.
Average audiences in the USA have climbed by 70 per cent,and in India audiences are up by 30per cent.
Matches are broadcast to 175 countries!
With BT Sport pleased with its investment ,income from broadcasting is likely to increase dramatically in the years ahead.
Clubs are also applying pressure to be allowed to show Saturday 3pm games on their own channels when tickets have been sold out.
For those clubs who can continue playing in the Premiership therefore the 'SKYS THE LIMIT'!

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

The 'SKYS THE LIMIT'! on 07:32 - May 13 with 2461 viewsDr_Winston

Yet we go into a fourth season and still no expansion.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The 'SKYS THE LIMIT'! on 07:34 - May 13 with 2442 viewsSwansNZ

The 'SKYS THE LIMIT'! on 07:32 - May 13 by Dr_Winston

We need to get established first mun!

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

The 'SKYS THE LIMIT'! on 08:07 - May 13 with 2326 viewsLord_Bony

TV and merchandise revenues should see a corresponding increase in years to come.

Playing in the prem means so much these days the competition will be intense to get in and stay in.

No reason we can't push the boat out a bit with summer signings and get the expansion underway now..

Everything is in place for a few years here at least if it s done right.speculate to accumulate.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

The 'SKYS THE LIMIT'! on 08:09 - May 13 with 2319 viewsWhiterockin

The 'SKYS THE LIMIT'! on 07:34 - May 13 by SwansNZ

We need to get established first mun!

If you never take the stabilisers off you are never going to win the Tour de France.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

The 'SKYS THE LIMIT'! on 08:24 - May 13 with 2277 viewsJackoBoostardo

Just imagine.... Swans TV on Sky (similar to Manu, Chelsea and Liverpool).

I'm sick of paying for subs only to find the match isn't being shown when I can't get to the stadium myself. But even an online streaming service through the club will be a bonus.

And we're Swaaaaanseeeea Ciiiityyyy! Swaaaansseeeaaa Ciiiityyy F C! We're not necessarily the greatest team in football, the world has ever seen (but we're possibly the most honest and resilient). - On behalf of The Campaign For Realistic Crowd Chanting
Poll: How could Van Persie survive such an horrific attack were it to happen again?

The 'SKYS THE LIMIT'! on 08:57 - May 13 with 2187 viewsRogueTrooper

The 'SKYS THE LIMIT'! on 08:07 - May 13 by Lord_Bony

TV and merchandise revenues should see a corresponding increase in years to come.

Playing in the prem means so much these days the competition will be intense to get in and stay in.

No reason we can't push the boat out a bit with summer signings and get the expansion underway now..

Everything is in place for a few years here at least if it s done right.speculate to accumulate.

I'm in favour of the cautious approach to expansion, but would be nice to see something happening to at least one of the stands, hopefully plans are afoot. I know Lord Bony has no patience whatsoever, as he is a drummer and we are always speeding things up.

"If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training, you will be a weapon. You will be a minister of death praying for war. But until that day you are pukes. You are the lowest form of life on Earth. You are not even human furcking beings! You are nothing but unorganized, grabastic pieces of amphibian sh1t! Because I am hard, you will not like me. But the more you hate me the more you will learn."

The 'SKYS THE LIMIT'! on 09:21 - May 13 with 2119 viewsClinton

The 'SKYS THE LIMIT'! on 08:09 - May 13 by Whiterockin

If you never take the stabilisers off you are never going to win the Tour de France.

But when you do remove the stabilisers, you might fall off. Timing and scale are critical.
Portsmouth, Birmingham, Bolton took the stabilisers off, invested in the top of the range Bianchi road bike then fell off and are having trouble with the repayments.
[Post edited 13 May 2014 9:25]

If you can fill the unforgiving minute. With sixty seconds' worth of distance run, Yours is the Earth and everything that's in it, And - which is more - you'll be a Man, my son!

The 'SKYS THE LIMIT'! on 09:23 - May 13 with 2110 viewsjack_lord

Fortune favours the brave, he who dares wins - if it wasn't for that pesky travel plan.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Login to get fewer ads

The 'SKYS THE LIMIT'! on 09:37 - May 13 with 2060 viewsLord_Bony

The 'SKYS THE LIMIT'! on 08:57 - May 13 by RogueTrooper

I'm in favour of the cautious approach to expansion, but would be nice to see something happening to at least one of the stands, hopefully plans are afoot. I know Lord Bony has no patience whatsoever, as he is a drummer and we are always speeding things up.

lol you

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

The 'SKYS THE LIMIT'! on 09:56 - May 13 with 2022 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The 'SKYS THE LIMIT'! on 09:21 - May 13 by Clinton

But when you do remove the stabilisers, you might fall off. Timing and scale are critical.
Portsmouth, Birmingham, Bolton took the stabilisers off, invested in the top of the range Bianchi road bike then fell off and are having trouble with the repayments.
[Post edited 13 May 2014 9:25]

I don't think you could have picked 3 clubs as unlike ours as those. The 5,000 first stage is almost no risk and a great way of testing the water for future expansion

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The 'SKYS THE LIMIT'! on 09:58 - May 13 with 2011 viewsDevz00

The 'SKYS THE LIMIT'! on 09:56 - May 13 by Brynmill_Jack

I don't think you could have picked 3 clubs as unlike ours as those. The 5,000 first stage is almost no risk and a great way of testing the water for future expansion

This. It's getting ridiculous now. We must expand. 5k will be a very good start and then we can see if it's enough.

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

The 'SKYS THE LIMIT'! on 10:06 - May 13 with 1977 viewsjohnlangy

The 'SKYS THE LIMIT'! on 09:56 - May 13 by Brynmill_Jack

Correct. I don't know how many times it has to be said before something happens.

Everyone talks about a waiting list. There obviously is one. The only question is how many names are on it. The figure of 8000 is bandied about regularly, which is probably just the number expressing an 'interest'. But i'm pretty sure there are a few thousand. So, at worst the majority of the 1st stage expansion seats would be taken, at best they would all be sold.

In the first case scenario we'd stay at 25000, in the second we'd build the 2nd stage. It's not difficult really.
The 'SKYS THE LIMIT'! on 10:09 - May 13 with 1957 viewsjack_lord

I bet there are plenty who don't even know how to get on to any kind of waiting list.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

The 'SKYS THE LIMIT'! on 10:16 - May 13 with 1928 viewsairedale

I can't help feeling though, that the board (as supporters themselves) are as keen to see the stadium expanded as we are.
The 'SKYS THE LIMIT'! on 10:29 - May 13 with 1889 viewsCatullus

The 'SKYS THE LIMIT'! on 10:16 - May 13 by airedale

I can't help feeling though, that the board (as supporters themselves) are as keen to see the stadium expanded as we are.

If they are so keen , then why the wait?

We nearly all want it. The first expansion should be the family stand. Make more tickets available for people to take their kids.

I pretty much agree that 5000 is enough to begin with. But how about putting 3500 extra on the family stand and 3000 on the away end? We could let more away fans in and possibly have a neutral section too, which has been tried at other grounds but I'm not sure of it's success.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The 'SKYS THE LIMIT'! on 10:58 - May 13 with 1839 viewsFlipper

I suspect it's merely the investment to return calculation that's holding the expansion back.

How much is the first stage 5000 capacity expansion supposed to cost?
If/when it's completed, at £500 for a season ticket, and if all sold out, it would bring in £2.5M per year.

Balance that against the constant calls to "spend spend spend" on players of the quality we need to stay up. Premier League TV money etc probably offers a much better return for the money invested to ensure we stay up.

It is a balancing act. While I agree it would be to the benefit of the fans to expand, I can understand why the club are being cautious investing money in expansion when it offers a much lower (and less certain) rate of return.

Wicked. Carter, bust out the gatling guns. I want to be revered as a god by teatime.

The 'SKYS THE LIMIT'! on 11:04 - May 13 with 1825 viewsRogueTrooper

We are one of the most vocal clubs in the "Safe Standing" debate, are we perhaps waiting to explore if this may be a goer, before committing to the original plans?

Would be annoying to spend all that on a big stand if all of a sudden we just had to change the seating. I'm wondering if there may be plans in the pipeline for a trial and we are happy to hang on for a decision.

"If you ladies leave my island, if you survive recruit training, you will be a weapon. You will be a minister of death praying for war. But until that day you are pukes. You are the lowest form of life on Earth. You are not even human furcking beings! You are nothing but unorganized, grabastic pieces of amphibian sh1t! Because I am hard, you will not like me. But the more you hate me the more you will learn."

The 'SKYS THE LIMIT'! on 11:07 - May 13 with 1814 viewsairedale

And also, the stadium is not the club's property.
The 'SKYS THE LIMIT'! on 11:34 - May 13 with 1738 viewsNOTRAC

One of the areas that we need to perhaps be more professional with is our department that deals with sponsorship and commercial sales.
An example is seen with shirt sponsorship

http://www.sportingintelligence.com/2013/08/20/premier-league-shirt-sponsors-pou

Whilst the 2m received from GWFX was a substantial increase on the previous years total from Bet 365, we are still considerably behind other teams whom we have consistently finished higher than in the League.
Also with the League becoming more and more a world wide market,surely it would pay us to get the best promoters to sell our name and products abroad.
Also as far as the suggested stadium expansion is concerned surely it would be a good time after completion to resell the naming rights and thereby receive a fair chunk towards the expansion costs.
I would suggest that the opportunities of increasing our income streams from these sources have hardly been tapped into at the moment.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

The 'SKYS THE LIMIT'! on 11:34 - May 13 with 1732 viewsSwanzay

I realise that expansion is on hold do to road management issues in the vicinity, but seeing as we have permission to go ahead with the extention from a structural perspective.
Why can they go ahead and do the 1st phase (5000 approx), so that it is ready to be utilised once the road issues are sorted?

Is it that road management is so bad that there a possibility that the council will never resolve the road issues around Stadium for one reason or another?

I think an extra 5000 would be hugely welcomed, sooner rather than later, once the road issues are sorted.

Can anyone clarify what is currently being done to find a solution to this road management issue or has it been 'thrown into the long grass' for the time being?
The 'SKYS THE LIMIT'! on 11:59 - May 13 with 1693 viewssully49

The 'SKYS THE LIMIT'! on 07:32 - May 13 by Dr_Winston

Doesn't this scream out for making the Liberty bigger? I thought our board of Directors was made up of business men. Expanding will pay for itself.

Poll: Is there any way for Lee Trundle to play in this squad?

The 'SKYS THE LIMIT'! on 12:49 - May 13 with 1596 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The 'SKYS THE LIMIT'! on 11:34 - May 13 by Swanzay

I realise that expansion is on hold do to road management issues in the vicinity, but seeing as we have permission to go ahead with the extention from a structural perspective.
Why can they go ahead and do the 1st phase (5000 approx), so that it is ready to be utilised once the road issues are sorted?

Is it that road management is so bad that there a possibility that the council will never resolve the road issues around Stadium for one reason or another?

I think an extra 5000 would be hugely welcomed, sooner rather than later, once the road issues are sorted.

Can anyone clarify what is currently being done to find a solution to this road management issue or has it been 'thrown into the long grass' for the time being?

If the council aren't helping with the transport plans let's submit a new stadium blueprint to NPT council about building on the land past Tir John in Port Tennant. That would buck their ideas up

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The 'SKYS THE LIMIT'! on 12:54 - May 13 with 1579 viewsApeShit

The 'SKYS THE LIMIT'! on 08:24 - May 13 by JackoBoostardo

Just imagine.... Swans TV on Sky (similar to Manu, Chelsea and Liverpool).

I'm sick of paying for subs only to find the match isn't being shown when I can't get to the stadium myself. But even an online streaming service through the club will be a bonus.

That will never happen due to TV rights.

It doesn't happen with Liverpool TV, Man U TV or Chelsea TV.
The 'SKYS THE LIMIT'! on 14:21 - May 13 with 1491 viewstomdickharry

The 'SKYS THE LIMIT'! on 11:34 - May 13 by Swanzay

Please look at my thread today re Morfa Distributor Road Scheme.
The 'SKYS THE LIMIT'! on 14:29 - May 13 with 1465 viewsscottishjack

Oh please let the "Clubs are also applying pressure to be allowed to show Saturday 3pm games" be true! It's a f**king minefield running a pub!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024