Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bid for Hogan rejected 18:29 - Jul 11 with 8940 viewsMoonyDale

From Leeds according to Sky Sports, no mention of the fee involved though...

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Bid for Hogan rejected on 07:54 - Jul 12 with 3722 viewsnordenblue

I don't know how a move to the championship for perhaps the biggest club in that league is a bad move for Scott, even if it doesnt pan out there for him short term there will be no shortage of clubs queuing up to sign him just like Dawson has now should he request a transfer in the future.Playing in front of that crowd week in week out must surely be an attraction regardless of the lunatics that take over the asylum for any player, its certainly not harmed Ross McCormacks career
[Post edited 12 Jul 2014 7:56]
Bid for Hogan rejected on 08:07 - Jul 12 with 3695 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Bid for Hogan rejected on 00:58 - Jul 12 by TalkingSutty

If Hogan leaves us to better his career i wont give a *uck how his future pans out, he wont worry about us.

I'm with you TS. It's a financial transaction and my concern is Rochdale, not the welfare of players who leave us.

Shame if it turns sour like in Craig's case but so what? He's an adult and he knows how the business works...probably not out of pocket either.
[Post edited 12 Jul 2014 8:08]
Bid for Hogan rejected on 08:14 - Jul 12 with 3678 viewsdingdangblue

Bid for Hogan rejected on 07:35 - Jul 12 by fitzochris

Might just be me, but I take pride in former players who go on to do well. The positive mentions Lambert, Holt and Le Fondre have given the club is all good publicity too.
[Post edited 12 Jul 2014 7:37]

No, its not just you. Im sorry, but footballers get bad press too often - to say Hogan wont care about Dale after he's gone is just daft - this town gets a lot of shit thrown at it but something positive about Rochdale is our football club - especially when Keith Hill is in charge. We have been responsible for giving many future stars their 1st chance and their 1st taste of football success and Im sure many if not all of such player will remember their time at Dale fondly for the chance we gave them. Hogan - when he leaves Im sure will remember Dale in such a way - we gave him his 1st chance as a kid, then as a professional and his 1st ever season was memorable in every way. He wont forget his time here.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Bid for Hogan rejected on 08:29 - Jul 12 with 3646 viewsTalkingSutty

Bid for Hogan rejected on 07:35 - Jul 12 by fitzochris

Might just be me, but I take pride in former players who go on to do well. The positive mentions Lambert, Holt and Le Fondre have given the club is all good publicity too.
[Post edited 12 Jul 2014 7:37]

In my mind Hogan hasn't been at the club long enough for me to have the same affinity with as those you mention. Not knocking him as a player and i hope he does well but since the middle of last season his agent has been trying to engineer him a move, something Scott must be compliant with. I wont be as gutted as i was when the likes of Holt and Lambert left the club.
Bid for Hogan rejected on 10:12 - Jul 12 with 3504 viewsboromat

Bid for Hogan rejected on 08:29 - Jul 12 by TalkingSutty

In my mind Hogan hasn't been at the club long enough for me to have the same affinity with as those you mention. Not knocking him as a player and i hope he does well but since the middle of last season his agent has been trying to engineer him a move, something Scott must be compliant with. I wont be as gutted as i was when the likes of Holt and Lambert left the club.

There's a big difference though Hogan went through our youth system and therefore we've had much more of a say in Hogans development than the likes of Holt and Lambert who if I'm right we paid money for both although they were seen at the time as 'broken toys'.

I'd be just as proud if not more so to see the likes of Hogan, Buckley, Allen and the rest of the lads that have been through the youth system went on to have careers further up the ladder.

Just look at Gilks!! Rochdale lad back in the prem!
[Post edited 12 Jul 2014 18:29]

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Bid for Hogan rejected on 10:14 - Jul 12 with 3498 viewsfitzochris

Bid for Hogan rejected on 07:54 - Jul 12 by nordenblue

I don't know how a move to the championship for perhaps the biggest club in that league is a bad move for Scott, even if it doesnt pan out there for him short term there will be no shortage of clubs queuing up to sign him just like Dawson has now should he request a transfer in the future.Playing in front of that crowd week in week out must surely be an attraction regardless of the lunatics that take over the asylum for any player, its certainly not harmed Ross McCormacks career
[Post edited 12 Jul 2014 7:56]

Ross McCormack flourished under slightly more stable times at Leeds. He was very vocal, in fact, when McDermott was sacked first time round, about his fears over the future of the club.

Yes, Hogan will be better paid and play in front of big crowds on the same pitch trod by Don Revie's side. Yes, those things would appeal to any footballer.

But if he disregards the pound signs in his agent's eyes, and thinks logically, he would see that long-term such a move could damage his career.

West Brom may not be unstable financially, but they chop their managers like I do carrots. That has led to Dawson being stifled. Some are still aware of his prowess, but I doubt he will be at the forefront of managers' minds. It's not his fault, he just hasn't played regularly enough to be in the spotlight.

So, any transfer fee we would receive now aside, I just feel that a better move would present itself for Hogan in the not too distant future.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Bid for Hogan rejected on 10:53 - Jul 12 with 3411 viewsnordenblue

Bid for Hogan rejected on 10:14 - Jul 12 by fitzochris

Ross McCormack flourished under slightly more stable times at Leeds. He was very vocal, in fact, when McDermott was sacked first time round, about his fears over the future of the club.

Yes, Hogan will be better paid and play in front of big crowds on the same pitch trod by Don Revie's side. Yes, those things would appeal to any footballer.

But if he disregards the pound signs in his agent's eyes, and thinks logically, he would see that long-term such a move could damage his career.

West Brom may not be unstable financially, but they chop their managers like I do carrots. That has led to Dawson being stifled. Some are still aware of his prowess, but I doubt he will be at the forefront of managers' minds. It's not his fault, he just hasn't played regularly enough to be in the spotlight.

So, any transfer fee we would receive now aside, I just feel that a better move would present itself for Hogan in the not too distant future.

I take your points but any club in the football league would see a player moving from Rochdale to Leeds as a good move for the player, im sure if you asked Craig Dawson if it was a poor career move to go to West Brom to then ten fold his wage,appear on match of the day several times in front of millions of viewers and represent GB, he'd hardly agree with you he'd have been wiser to stay with Rochdale though
Bid for Hogan rejected on 10:59 - Jul 12 with 3399 viewsfitzochris

Bid for Hogan rejected on 10:53 - Jul 12 by nordenblue

I take your points but any club in the football league would see a player moving from Rochdale to Leeds as a good move for the player, im sure if you asked Craig Dawson if it was a poor career move to go to West Brom to then ten fold his wage,appear on match of the day several times in front of millions of viewers and represent GB, he'd hardly agree with you he'd have been wiser to stay with Rochdale though

Totally, and I'm not advocating anyone stays with us for their entire career.

Everyone, me included, thought Dawson, at the time of the move, was making a terrific switch. Sadly, long-term, it hasn't worked out that way. That said, West Brom are in no way comparable to Leeds in their current state. They seem to be a financially viable club, just a fickle one. Leeds look badly run, financially unstable and have a manager in charge who could only manage to get a Conference team to finish tenth despite allegedly having the best budget in the division.

All I'm doing is highlighting the pitfalls of short-termism. Whatever the club and Hogan decide to do, I wish him all the best.

Login to get fewer ads

Bid for Hogan rejected on 11:10 - Jul 12 with 3383 viewsTVOS1907

Bid for Hogan rejected on 00:58 - Jul 12 by TalkingSutty

If Hogan leaves us to better his career i wont give a *uck how his future pans out, he wont worry about us.

Especially if he's playing with his mobile during transfer negotiations!

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Bid for Hogan rejected on 11:17 - Jul 12 with 3362 viewsnordenblue

Bid for Hogan rejected on 10:59 - Jul 12 by fitzochris

Totally, and I'm not advocating anyone stays with us for their entire career.

Everyone, me included, thought Dawson, at the time of the move, was making a terrific switch. Sadly, long-term, it hasn't worked out that way. That said, West Brom are in no way comparable to Leeds in their current state. They seem to be a financially viable club, just a fickle one. Leeds look badly run, financially unstable and have a manager in charge who could only manage to get a Conference team to finish tenth despite allegedly having the best budget in the division.

All I'm doing is highlighting the pitfalls of short-termism. Whatever the club and Hogan decide to do, I wish him all the best.

Agree to an extent I just think having played for Leeds if the transfer was to happen etc will only get Hogan even more time in the spotlight whatever goes on behind the scenes won't really dictate his future career path either. I know if I was in his boots I'd jump at the chance if the deal was right for all concerned.
Bid for Hogan rejected on 11:36 - Jul 12 with 3315 viewsTalkingSutty

Bid for Hogan rejected on 10:12 - Jul 12 by boromat

There's a big difference though Hogan went through our youth system and therefore we've had much more of a say in Hogans development than the likes of Holt and Lambert who if I'm right we paid money for both although they were seen at the time as 'broken toys'.

I'd be just as proud if not more so to see the likes of Hogan, Buckley, Allen and the rest of the lads that have been through the youth system went on to have careers further up the ladder.

Just look at Gilks!! Rochdale lad back in the prem!
[Post edited 12 Jul 2014 18:29]

Hogan has to have a second season yet before i will judge him properly. He did great for two thirds of the season but then suffered two injuries and during the transfer window suffered a mental meltdown to the extent that Hilly couldn't even put him in the team.

Football is littered with one season wonders and i am not yet convinced with Hogan. He would be better getting his head down at Rochdale, keeping fit and scoring goals in league one, then he will have his choice of club.

Its obvious by not signing a new contract and the transfer speculation that this isn't the route Hogan wants to take. Maybe a transfer suits all parties concerned.
Bid for Hogan rejected on 13:04 - Jul 12 with 3182 viewsSalwaDale

Bid for Hogan rejected on 11:36 - Jul 12 by TalkingSutty

Hogan has to have a second season yet before i will judge him properly. He did great for two thirds of the season but then suffered two injuries and during the transfer window suffered a mental meltdown to the extent that Hilly couldn't even put him in the team.

Football is littered with one season wonders and i am not yet convinced with Hogan. He would be better getting his head down at Rochdale, keeping fit and scoring goals in league one, then he will have his choice of club.

Its obvious by not signing a new contract and the transfer speculation that this isn't the route Hogan wants to take. Maybe a transfer suits all parties concerned.

Agree about the 2nd season thing. Hope he stays a while longer and then makes the move that is best for him. If not, I will wish him well and look forward to watching his progress.

TBBT

Bid for Hogan rejected on 14:23 - Jul 12 with 3072 viewsTrue_blue

I did warn you a couple of months ago.. And you all slagged me off.
Bid for Hogan rejected on 14:45 - Jul 12 with 3018 viewsolympicdale

Whether this news is concrete is debatable, but this comes across to me, as an agents doing, trying to get a big move for his client. We all saw how Hogan responded to the talk of a move to Posh, it was very unwelcome from his pov, and his form suffered, it might be a good move for him, but this is not a hugely stable club at this moment, yes they are a big club in the division, but they have an owner who is just crazy, and a "manager" who is way below the level of Hill, he would be much better staying and see how he copes with L1.

Life is a game of fate.

Bid for Hogan rejected on 15:54 - Jul 12 with 2919 viewsSaxonDale

Good player, great potential but he's not irreplaceable. If he's determined to go and Hilly gets a bid he is happy with we should let him go- with our best wishes.
[Post edited 12 Jul 2014 15:59]
Bid for Hogan rejected on 16:07 - Jul 12 with 2756 viewsArthurDaley

Was talking to someone high up in the Dale hierarchy, who said Leeds approached Dale
About Hogan, then ended up telling Dale to F*ck off. He also said we didn't need to sell Hogan. He also thought the Leeds chairman would benefit a session on a psychiatrist
couch.

A large VAT Dave

Bid for Hogan rejected on 20:03 - Jul 13 with 2235 viewssweetcorn

Leeds have just issued a statement denying any bid/interest in hogan.

Good news?

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Bid for Hogan rejected on 07:39 - Jul 14 with 1988 viewsfitzochris

Bid for Hogan rejected on 20:03 - Jul 13 by sweetcorn

Good news?

They signed two little-known forwards from Italy yesterday too, so hopefully. The funny part was Hockaday's comments on both, like he knew what the players were all about. Like he knew the first thing about them before the owner told him he had signed them.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2014 7:42]

Bid for Hogan rejected on 08:57 - Jul 14 with 1907 viewsScunnydale

In kind of related news, I overheard someone in a local pub last night say this to someone else:

"A name to look out for in League One next year is Jack Muldoon, mark my words".
Bid for Hogan rejected on 11:24 - Jul 14 with 1746 viewsolympicdale

Bid for Hogan rejected on 07:39 - Jul 14 by fitzochris

They signed two little-known forwards from Italy yesterday too, so hopefully. The funny part was Hockaday's comments on both, like he knew what the players were all about. Like he knew the first thing about them before the owner told him he had signed them.
[Post edited 14 Jul 2014 7:42]

Like Hockaday knows whats going on in general..

Life is a game of fate.

Bid for Hogan rejected on 13:00 - Jul 14 with 1610 viewsMass_Debater

Bid for Hogan rejected on 20:03 - Jul 13 by sweetcorn

Good news?

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/rochdale/news/35465/leeds-deny-hogan-bid
Bid for Hogan rejected on 18:09 - Jul 14 with 1299 viewsboromat

Hill says on daleplayer that we have received an offer and turned it down, Hogan is only for sale at a price set by the club. Hogan has been offered a new deal by the club. Agents at work and it sounds like that's what's in the way of hogan signing the extension. Anyone else seen the interview? Thoughts?

Poll: What are we more excited for?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024