Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Michu .Done deal. 16:33 - Jul 17 with 17679 viewsicecoldjack

Off to Napoli season long loan.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/done-deal-napoli-sign-michu-from-swansea-on-lo
[Post edited 17 Jul 2014 16:34]
Michu .Done deal. (n/t) on 21:13 - Jul 17 with 1387 viewsSwansea93

Michu .Done deal. (n/t) on 21:12 - Jul 17 by Swansea93

Do you? Whys that

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Michu .Done deal. on 21:14 - Jul 17 with 1385 viewsShaky

Michu .Done deal. on 21:06 - Jul 17 by JackSomething

I bet you're wrong.

I bet you're wrong -- again.

If he was on £40k a week that equates to a shade over £2m annually. On that basis Swansea are continuing to pay roughly half of his wages, given Napoli's £1m loan fee.

This is by any standards a really shit deal for the club.

If Michu turns out to be a bust Napoli are paying only half of his wages for a year, whereas if he is still serviceable they get a £15-20 million player for a guaranteed £8 million investment. Lovely jubbly.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Michu .Done deal. on 21:21 - Jul 17 with 1357 viewslondonlisa2001

Michu .Done deal. on 21:14 - Jul 17 by Shaky

If he was on £40k a week that equates to a shade over £2m annually. On that basis Swansea are continuing to pay roughly half of his wages, given Napoli's £1m loan fee.

If Michu turns out to be a bust Napoli are paying only half of his wages for a year, whereas if he is still serviceable they get a £15-20 million player for a guaranteed £8 million investment. Lovely jubbly.

the fee's in addition to the weekly wages as I'm sure you must know. No, really, it is!

Do you really think we were locked in negotiations for well over a month with Napoli to just end up saying, 'oh right - a million quid, oh go on then'. Really ....
Michu .Done deal. on 21:22 - Jul 17 with 1355 viewsAngelRangelQS

How the f*ck do you work that out?
Michu .Done deal. on 21:23 - Jul 17 with 1354 viewsJackSomething

Please let me know where I've been wrong before. You are an expert in that field after all.

Do you know he was on £40k? Even if he is, why wouldn't they be paying a £1m loan fee and his wages?

If we were effectively paying out £1m for Napoli to loan Michu for a year, I'd have thought the club would have preferred to sell him to a domestic rival.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Michu .Done deal. on 21:27 - Jul 17 with 1340 viewsUxbridge

Michu .Done deal. on 18:41 - Jul 17 by AngelRangelQS

I don't think we do but I'd have thought the club would have said something, that's all

I don't disagree, and I'd certainly agree that communication is never particularly great. But as it's so obvious in this case I'm not sure it matters all that much is all.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Michu .Done deal. on 21:27 - Jul 17 with 1339 viewsHighjack

We're loaning him out for half the amount we bought him for in the first place, but now his ankles are shagged and he can't be ar5ed to play. Yes what a sh1t deal.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Michu .Done deal. on 21:36 - Jul 17 with 1306 viewslondonlisa2001

Michu .Done deal. on 21:27 - Jul 17 by Highjack

We're loaning him out for half the amount we bought him for in the first place, but now his ankles are shagged and he can't be ar5ed to play. Yes what a sh1t deal.

this is the point in my mind.

I'm sure we would all have (a) loved him to be raring to go for us or (b) have sold him for £10m plus.

But actually, the deal is really not that bad. We are shifting his wages (which must be in the top 2 or 3 at the club) plus getting a loan fee. If that nets the best part of £3m over the season, that frees up wages for someone else (£60k per week ish) in place of a player that doesn't want to play here. And, we have no risk of him doing well for a rival.
Login to get fewer ads

Michu .Done deal. on 21:36 - Jul 17 with 1303 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

They only paid 50% of the wages for Liverpool's keeper.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Michu .Done deal. on 21:38 - Jul 17 with 1293 viewsSwansea93

Michu .Done deal. on 21:36 - Jul 17 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

And they didnt even pay the little fee to sign him permanent after the good season he was meant to of had.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Michu .Done deal. on 21:41 - Jul 17 with 1286 viewslondonlisa2001

Michu .Done deal. on 21:36 - Jul 17 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

so what? we've only paid part wages before as well with loans, but there are also occasions when we've paid the wages plus a loan fee and both has happened the other way round to us as well.
Michu .Done deal. on 21:41 - Jul 17 with 1279 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Michu .Done deal. on 21:41 - Jul 17 by londonlisa2001

so what? we've only paid part wages before as well with loans, but there are also occasions when we've paid the wages plus a loan fee and both has happened the other way round to us as well.

How do you know what we have paid in regards to % of wages and loan fee?

Michu .Done deal. on 21:44 - Jul 17 with 1266 viewsDarran

Michu .Done deal. on 21:41 - Jul 17 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

She didn't mention any % FFS but it's obvious we have somewhere along the journey.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Michu .Done deal. on 21:46 - Jul 17 with 1259 viewsJackSomething

Michu .Done deal. on 21:41 - Jul 17 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Shaky seems to think he knows.

I haven't seen many claim this is a good deal for us financially, but the usual suspects have been quick to deride the club.

Michu .Done deal. on 21:46 - Jul 17 with 1256 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Michu .Done deal. on 21:44 - Jul 17 by Darran

She didn't mention any % FFS but it's obvious we have somewhere along the journey.

I was just wondering if Lisa is in the know. I'm not sure who to believe on here anymore regarding who is and who isn't.

Michu .Done deal. on 21:49 - Jul 17 with 1239 viewsShaky

Michu .Done deal. on 21:46 - Jul 17 by JackSomething

Shaky seems to think he knows.

I haven't seen many claim this is a good deal for us financially, but the usual suspects have been quick to deride the club.

Napoli risk £1 million for a possible £10 million return.

The proverbial ten bagger is a fabulous deal in any industry, but if you want to blow smoke up the club's arse for a job well done knock yourself out.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2014 21:49]

Misology -- It's a bitch

Michu .Done deal. on 21:51 - Jul 17 with 1228 viewslondonlisa2001

honestly - people are becoming ridiculous!

As Darran says, of course I don't know percentages, but have a little think about the JDG situation.

Does anyone think that his owning team have just said - 'oh yeah, just have him for 2 seasons - no it's fine - just pay his wages - we'll take all the hit on the depreciation of his value as his contract runs down' when they could have sold him for £5/6m ?? Or do you think we've paid his wages and a fee?

For God's sake. Similarly when we have loaned players from 'big clubs' in the past - they have wanted us to add value for them by giving experience (eg. Caulker in our first year up) - in that situation, the benefit is the other way round, so they subsidise the deal a bit. This is the way it works - surely it's blooming obvious?
Michu .Done deal. on 21:53 - Jul 17 with 1214 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Michu .Done deal. on 21:51 - Jul 17 by londonlisa2001

As Darran says, of course I don't know percentages, but have a little think about the JDG situation.

Does anyone think that his owning team have just said - 'oh yeah, just have him for 2 seasons - no it's fine - just pay his wages - we'll take all the hit on the depreciation of his value as his contract runs down' when they could have sold him for £5/6m ?? Or do you think we've paid his wages and a fee?

For God's sake. Similarly when we have loaned players from 'big clubs' in the past - they have wanted us to add value for them by giving experience (eg. Caulker in our first year up) - in that situation, the benefit is the other way round, so they subsidise the deal a bit. This is the way it works - surely it's blooming obvious?

I'll ask Huw at the fans forum.

Michu .Done deal. on 21:54 - Jul 17 with 1207 viewslondonlisa2001

Michu .Done deal. on 21:46 - Jul 17 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I was just wondering if Lisa is in the know. I'm not sure who to believe on here anymore regarding who is and who isn't.

no - see my reply to Darran's point (which actually was a reply to you - I was agreeing with Darran). It's just common sense though isn't it?
Michu .Done deal. on 21:55 - Jul 17 with 1203 viewsShaky

Michu .Done deal. on 21:51 - Jul 17 by londonlisa2001

Obvious to a woman's intuition.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Michu .Done deal. on 21:58 - Jul 17 with 1212 viewslondonlisa2001

Michu .Done deal. on 21:55 - Jul 17 by Shaky

Obvious to a woman's intuition.

Obvious to people who are not determined to criticise every 2 seconds.
Michu .Done deal. on 21:59 - Jul 17 with 1200 viewslondonlisa2001

Michu .Done deal. on 21:53 - Jul 17 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I'll ask Huw at the fans forum.

bloody hell Dwight - I hope Huw's got the week blocked out in his diary....
Michu .Done deal. on 22:01 - Jul 17 with 1192 viewsJackSomething

Michu .Done deal. on 21:49 - Jul 17 by Shaky

Napoli risk £1 million for a possible £10 million return.

The proverbial ten bagger is a fabulous deal in any industry, but if you want to blow smoke up the club's arse for a job well done knock yourself out.
[Post edited 17 Jul 2014 21:49]

So where did you discover the fact they aren't paying his wages?

This is a poor attempt by your usual standards.

Michu .Done deal. on 22:04 - Jul 17 with 1176 viewsSpratty

Michu .Done deal. on 21:58 - Jul 17 by londonlisa2001

Obvious to people who are not determined to criticise every 2 seconds.

Oh bit rude there Lisa. Also pot and kettle comes to mind (perhaps time for a cuppa)
Michu .Done deal. on 22:06 - Jul 17 with 1164 viewsSpratty

I think 100% was quite clearly implied if my elementary maths still serves. Although as pointed out by my fan DYS this is far from the only option.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024