Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Michu .Done deal. 16:33 - Jul 17 with 18357 viewsicecoldjack

Off to Napoli season long loan.

http://www.101greatgoals.com/blog/done-deal-napoli-sign-michu-from-swansea-on-lo
[Post edited 17 Jul 2014 16:34]
Michu .Done deal. on 09:38 - Jul 18 with 1720 viewsDarran

Michu .Done deal. on 09:31 - Jul 18 by Clinton

Happy to see Senors Rangel, Amat, Flores, etc. in our shirt.

He said Spanish shite not Spanish class like they've obviously got.
People need to remember Laudrup brought Amat and Chico to this club too.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Michu .Done deal. on 09:55 - Jul 18 with 1686 viewsJackSomething

Michu .Done deal. on 09:38 - Jul 18 by Darran

He said Spanish shite not Spanish class like they've obviously got.
People need to remember Laudrup brought Amat and Chico to this club too.

And barring any unforeseen developments, we'll all be loudly cheering Amat, Chico and Rangel next season.

Which somewhat defeats Spratty's belief that we're all xenophobes who hate those pesky Spaniards.

We just get annoyed with those who turn their back on the club we support. Not surprised he doesn't get it.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Michu .Done deal. on 09:55 - Jul 18 with 1686 viewsmax936

Michu .Done deal. on 09:36 - Jul 18 by Darran

Absolutely but now surely on the eve of a new season is the time for everyone to be supporting the current manager not harping on about an ex-manager who got sacked for whatever reason like thousands before him.

I can't remember who it was this past week but someone pointed out the difference between a spectator and a supporter and some people clearly aren't supporting our great club at the moment.
I'm a firm believer of all being in the same boat rowing in the same direction.

That's a very philosophical post Darran, very good keep it up

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Michu .Done deal. on 11:10 - Jul 18 with 1648 viewsperchrockjack

YES he did with the emphasis on shuite. Spanish merely an adjective. Add Korean shuite if you like

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Michu .Done deal. on 23:10 - Jul 20 with 1513 viewsSpratty

Michu .Done deal. on 00:13 - Jul 18 by londonlisa2001

you've made a couple of remarks today about the 'famous friend' syndrome point i made and said that you found it offensive and that I had directed at you and I answered that I didn't believe that I had done so.

So I've just looked and as I suspected it wasn't made to or about you - it was actually made as a general point, but it was following Darran posting that Shaky (not you, Shaky) was in love with Laudrup.

So it wasn't directly to you, neither was it in reference to a post about you or in any way directed at you.

And fine - if you didn't mean anything other than you were going to make a cup of tea then that's great. But don't pretend you don't know why I drew that conclusion - one of the first things that you ever said to me on this board was about PR etc (in fact, also in a thread where you seemed to be answering for Shaky).

And again - why do you think Laudrup was treated like shit? And the lost interest thing is obviously just a mater of and difference of opinion. I believe that he lost interest - you do not. You may say I've no proof of that, and that's correct - it is my opinion, and I base it on things such as the number of times that he was actually away from the club etc, which in my view showed a lack of commitment. By the way - I don't think that makes him a bad person, just not a fully committed manager (as I also believe can be seen from his choice of position now).

Anyway - why don't we stop boring everyone else, agree to disagree and when I post something that you believe to be pro Board, then you can ignore it rather than start again with me being a paid rep etc. and I won't be forced to respond.

Disclaimer:
The following post is quite long so please think carefully before choosing to spend your time reading it. If you do choose to read it remember, that was a personal choice not a requirement.

As you raise these issues I will respond, although you have the advantage of freedom of speech on this website. A right repeatedly denied to me by the fascist dictatorship that is sadly allowed to rule the roost, with arbitrary bannings and deletion of posts that don’t tow the party line; as well as hounding me again and again and again (regardless of what I post about) to bring up the fact that I had previously (and quite rightly — but only in response to a direct question by Darran) hoped fairness prevailed with both the club and Laudrup, in the situation between them. Pathetically using my wish of fairness for both parties as evidence I was some kind of subversive and repeatedly raising it in situations nothing to do with Laudrup just to generate posts and controversy. Then complain that I could not let it go when I quite rightly defended myself against his vexatious hounding. In short repeated bullying, which is pitiful but totally unacceptable and I think, by extension (of the website and it’s owners strong relationship with the club) highly embarrassing for the club.

Right to the issues raised:

Did I say your comment was directly to me? You seem to say or infer things I did not (you have still not replied to say where I supposedly suggested you disagreed re the reasonable and fair settlement). If you are saying you comment was not generally directed at those that seemed to show some significant support for Laudrup, then perhaps you want to read it again.

Never mind it’s no different to JackSomething ridiculing me for saying ALL were behaving in a racist manner towards the Spanish contingent — when I very clearly said SOME.

Or the repeated reference to Laudrup’s supposed refusal to play Bony when I have produced carful evidence that in fact as well as playing a full game in nearly every one of the many European cup games right from the off, Bony also played in EVERY single PL game for which he was fit under Laudrup (which is more than he did under Monk — even though Monk had the fortune to inherit him when he was fully PL fit and in top form — the latter fact being attested to by Bony’s own interview). Of course Bony rightly wanted to be on the pitch for 90 minutes in every single game but the average of 2/3rds in the early dozen or so PL games along with full European games and special training regime, addressed the PL fitness issues which he himself raised in his interview and which were apparent to many on here.

Or Laudrup’s supposed failure to play Bony and Michu together — untrue (as attested to by the other diametrically opposed complaint that Michu did not play to positioned when playing with Bony and that is why they did not gel).

Or Laudrup’s supposed destruction of Michu (strange Michu went out of his way to straight off publicly thank Laudrup when he got his Spanish call up — such was his gratitude and respect for what he had made possible for him, a manager who promised to stay (even though his stock was exceptionally high) to keep the likes of Michu at the club.

Or the Spanish boys causing trouble, when many are of the opinion that it is trouble caused by Ash and Monk’s player power that created this situation in the first place; and the Spanish contingent were unhappy at the treatment of a highly respected manager. Read the the other websites where balanced debate is allowed if you do not believe me. It has been raised on here by others with claimed inside knowledge that is was that same senior player power that forced Huw to make that exrodinary “rethink” U turn from agreeing Laudrup continue (in a pre-arranged meeting to discuss his future — so obviously well thought out) to sacking him by email hours later. Huw it seems was not of the received opinion that Laudrup had to go at this crunch stage. Obviously those senior players in such a scenario had much to personally gain in terms of career, money and power.

Now lets return to the cup of tea thing

How could anyone infer me musing about making a cuppa (because I had said pot and kettle come to mind) be turned into some kind of sexist remark. In fact you are being sexist if you think any mention of tea is aimed at you. It had absolutely nothing to do with you and I was astounded when you turned it into that. I could not even get close to how you would even think that from what I had written. I was actually mocking myself with a little IMHO gentle humour — i.e. if pot and kettle were coming to mind perhaps it was time for a cuppa. Yet you actually turned that to me (in quotes) making a 'little woman go and have a cup of tea dear' type barb — totally incredible to me. Please don’t infer I am pretending because I assure you I am not and I find your insinuations quite offensive and assumptive in their assumed sexual stereotyping.

Then I was supposed to be answering for Shaky re PR….

a. If there is one person who does not need someone to answer on his behalf it is Shaky

b. It is a forum (Court etiquette for speech does not apply)

c. If you check it out I think you will find that I was musing on something of the sort before Shaky even mentioned it.

d. In what way is being in PR (or even making tea or cleaning toilets for that matter) an offensive sexist remark. In fact I wold see your remark offensive to people who work in PR/Catering. I have seen whatever job I have ever done as being to serve someone or other (that does not imply servility) and that goes for most jobs at all levels.

IF you have insecurities in relation to some experience of sexism then that is sad, but it is unfair to project that onto other people. I give you my absolute word that what I say is totally genuine. I cannot answer for what Shaky may have said to you but that is between you and him (although I am happy to defend you if you wish against unreasonable comment). Sexism and racism and other forms of discrimination are certainly far from unknown on this board (and indeed promoted by example by the main controller) but I think you will find I generally strongly defend against such things, not initiate them.

Why do I think Laudrup was treated like shit. Have you not read this forum at all. Some of the revisionism has been unbelievable. Don’t just take my word for it, I am pretty much quoting there the repeated concerns of the likes of Ux and other members of the illuminati (sic). Some of the comments that have been made have been disgusting and the jibes continue, which is why I continue to refute things I think unfair. If you are in Board protection mode then yes I have made clear the execution of the dismissal was unprofessional and disrespectful and many have expressed concerns about that.

Agreeing Laudrup should stay then sacking (someone who made historic achievement for our club) by email a few hours later (when it had already been leaked to the press) and with no proper recognition of what he achieved. I know you previously sought to muddy the waters on this one (presumably to protect the Board), however Laudrup was very clear on that; it is one of the things that seemed to most upset him (plus the lies spread about him, just absenting himself to wine tasting in Paris, refusing to meet the Ince party etc. etc.). Huw himself refers to Laudrup as one of the most genuine and honest people you could meet and asked for the comments (some of which he said turned his stomach) to stop. Huw in his own statment refers to having a rethink. So I think there is little wriggle room on this one. I have also seen the behaviour of Ash e.g. FA Birmingham — his general failure to lead — his comment he was going to try extra hard for Monk. (If the obvious implication was he was not already trying his best then perhaps — as I recall you suggested for Michu, but there based on speculation — we should dock Ash’s wages — especially given his often poorly met motivational responsibilities in his privileged position of leadership. Monk’s public disrespectful comments aimed at Laudrup which were commented on as unacceptable by such national TV pundits who are normally very balanced; and other similar jibes I have previously quoted and which I personally witnessed their broadcast etc. etc. We have already seen how Monk hits out in public and blames others when Angel was branded a coward on national TV.

If you base your opinion of Laudrup on the number of times he was away you presumably have some facts to back that up. Perhaps you could quantify that for us. But also remember presenteeism is not the same as effective achievement and often not conducive to that. It has also interestingly been used as a divisive tool against the career progression of individuals with caring responsibilities — to the detriment of our country exploiting some of the best skills and talents at our disposal — thankfully such outmoded ideas are largely disregarded in the enlightened world. I could work night and day at the club but am neither qualified or experienced nor even in the know enough to achieve an ounce of what Laudrup achieved for us, let alone with a massively crammed fixture list and major ongoing injuries. He also has family and other responsibilities and is entitled to pre agreed time off to attend to those. Fortunately for Monk his immediate family are within a short stroll from the training ground which makes it much simpler to integrate work and family life seemlessly.

Never feel “forced to respond” unless of course you are contractually bound ;). Even so free choice is always available. If you choose to fine but don’t transfer responsibility for your own decisions. I choose to respond to some (but far from all) of the unfair comments about players and managers past and present but I am not forced to do that it is my decision (at least during the respite between my repeated bans and deletion of my emails). Many others of a similar opinion could not be bothered engaging especially given the abuse they will get for it, if their posts are just not deleted straight off like many of mine have.

I note your recent jibes against a manager that made historic achievement for our club. Yet continue to immediately jump upon any concerns expressed about the current management structure by others. Interesting. Of course you are free to repeatedly state your opinion unopposed as it accords with Darrans dictats on restriction of free speech on this site. Interestingly Darran also accepts far more “negative” and regular posters and repeated opinions similar to my own by other posters, so presumably it is I experiencing discrimination. Perhaps you would like to speak out against that given discrimination is a subject close to your heart (as I hope is freedom of speech). As Voltaire said…. “je déteste ce que vous écrivez, mais je donnerai ma vie pour que vous puissiez continuer à écrire".
Michu .Done deal. on 23:17 - Jul 20 with 1490 viewsperchrockjack

Meanwhile life is passing you by...ridiculous waste of both your time

Michu .Done deal. on 23:20 - Jul 20 with 1479 viewsDarran

Michu .Done deal. on 23:17 - Jul 20 by perchrockjack

Meanwhile life is passing you by...ridiculous waste of both your time

In the 12 years I've been posting on jackarmy.net and Planetswans I can honestly say Spratty is the most pathetic poster I've ever seen.
There's something I'm not getting and I wish someone could explain it to me.

Michu .Done deal. on 23:24 - Jul 20 with 1458 viewsmax936

Michu .Done deal. on 23:20 - Jul 20 by Darran

In the 12 years I've been posting on jackarmy.net and Planetswans I can honestly say Spratty is the most pathetic poster I've ever seen.

He's either Michael himself or a relative

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Login to get fewer ads

Michu .Done deal. on 23:24 - Jul 20 with 1454 viewsperchrockjack

That post ,if not, cut pasted must have taken some time.makes me wonder how empty some lives are

Michu .Done deal. on 23:25 - Jul 20 with 1456 viewsraynor94

Michu .Done deal. on 23:20 - Jul 20 by Darran

It is tedious in the extreme, I can't understand why he bothers

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Michu .Done deal. on 23:27 - Jul 20 with 1420 viewsDarran

Michu .Done deal. on 23:25 - Jul 20 by raynor94

It is tedious in the extreme, I can't understand why he bothers

I'm really really not getting it.
Surely anyone that reads his posts on here on a regular basis wouldn't agree that he's a fan of Swansea City.
I'm honestly not getting it.

Michu .Done deal. on 23:31 - Jul 20 with 1401 viewsperchrockjack

Only issue of concern is the time taken to think that up and post it

Michu .Done deal. on 23:32 - Jul 20 with 1396 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Michu .Done deal. on 23:27 - Jul 20 by Darran

I'm really really not getting it.
Surely anyone that reads his posts on here on a regular basis wouldn't agree that he's a fan of Swansea City.
I'm honestly not getting it.

I'm not sure if it's true but I've heard rumours that if the situation between Laudrup and Swansea City did go to court, Spratty was hoping Laudrup would win.

Surely any Swansea fan would want the club to win, even if we were in the wrong.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Michu .Done deal. on 23:33 - Jul 20 with 1393 viewsDarran

Michu .Done deal. on 23:32 - Jul 20 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

I'm not sure if it's true but I've heard rumours that if the situation between Laudrup and Swansea City did go to court, Spratty was hoping Laudrup would win.

Surely any Swansea fan would want the club to win, even if we were in the wrong.

Absolutely.

Michu .Done deal. on 23:34 - Jul 20 with 1393 viewsLiberty

Have to wonder why, if some of sprattys posts have been deleted today, why the frig not add that one to them .

Poll: League 2 Mod , Darr, but we are now in Prem - time for a change ?

Michu .Done deal. on 23:35 - Jul 20 with 1384 viewsperchrockjack

They would dwight but would avoid mentioning it on here.losingface on here or having a mare are the single most facile pieces of drivel in ps history.utter shuite

Michu .Done deal. on 12:45 - Jul 21 with 1290 viewslondonlisa2001

Spratty,

I'm going to sum it up as quickly as possible. I am not the club, I am not on the Board, I have no connection with the club other than as a supporter. I did not sack Laudrup, I am not aware of the details of why he was sacked.

I believed him to be great for the first year (or at least until we won the cup) and last year believed the time was right for him to go. I do not know how he was sacked and I don't believe that he was 'sacked by email' without prior notice of it. There is no proof of that other than what Laudrup said himself which does not in my opinion count as objective evidence.

I have never stated n opinion on Laudrup's management of Bony or Michu and I'm not going to start now because Laudrup has gone.

I believe that people should be treated fairly with regard to breaching of a contract and the agreement of a confidential settlement suggests that all parties were happy with the arrangement made - none of us know what those arrangements were but a settlement does not imply 'guilt' or 'innocence' on either side - they are just what's used in these situations and a compromise of some sort will have ben struck. These are big boys, on a lot of money, and it's the way the world works - people get sacked often for reasons that they won't agree with, and they get compensated and everyone moves on.

I don't believe Laudrup's heart is 100% in football management, hence why he gone to work in Qatar - I wish him well - he seemed like a nice bloke.
I believe that some supporters (not all, some) got carried away with the stardust surrounding him and can't quite cope with getting back to the more mundane appointment of Monk (with no disrespect to Monk).

Finally - I have nothing whatsoever against people doing any job - the reason for the PR remark was that Shaky (then backed up by you) linked me 'working in PR' with a fatuous story about the stupidity of an ex PR 'girlfriend' - the implication was clear to all, not just me, that he (and then you agreed with him) was accusing me of being a stupid little girlie who knew nothing. On this occasion, you may well (as I said before) have meant you were going to get a cup of tea in which case great, but it came (again) on the back of Shaky making some jibe about a 'woman's intuition' - again you appeared to be supporting his comments. If you were not on this occasion, I apologise for the accusation that you were.

Now please, leave it. Don't mention me being 'contractually bound' to go into 'board protection mode' or whatever other fantasy you come up with and stop making little jibes about you thinking I work for them. There are certain things that I very much disagree with in terms of the decisions that the board makes, but overall, as a long standing supporter of this club, I will back them since they have earned my respect and the right to manage the club as they see fit. If I don't like it, then I have the choice of walking away as do you.

I will not comment any more for the sake of my, and everyone else's, sanity.
Michu .Done deal. on 12:47 - Jul 21 with 1272 viewsperchrockjack

Sorry LISA but you too have wasted sand from the egg times of life

Michu .Done deal. on 13:07 - Jul 21 with 1241 viewslondonlisa2001

Michu .Done deal. on 12:47 - Jul 21 by perchrockjack

Sorry LISA but you too have wasted sand from the egg times of life

yeah but only the 2 mins it took me to type it while I was on a conference call. I've wasted more time than that in my life doing really useless things
Michu .Done deal. on 19:25 - Jul 21 with 1157 viewsskippyjack

Bit gutted.. a season with Michu, Bony, Siggy and Gomis together would be frightening.. at least 50 goals in them 4 :(.. oh well f*ck him

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Michu .Done deal. on 19:33 - Jul 21 with 1134 viewsNeath_Jack

Did anyone read all of Spratty's or Lisa's reply? Can someone give me a synopsis please.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Michu .Done deal. on 19:38 - Jul 21 with 1121 viewsWarwickHunt

Michu .Done deal. on 19:25 - Jul 21 by skippyjack

Bit gutted.. a season with Michu, Bony, Siggy and Gomis together would be frightening.. at least 50 goals in them 4 :(.. oh well f*ck him

It would be frightening if all four were on the pitch at the same time...
Michu .Done deal. on 19:44 - Jul 21 with 1108 viewsWarwickHunt

Michu .Done deal. on 09:36 - Jul 18 by Darran

Absolutely but now surely on the eve of a new season is the time for everyone to be supporting the current manager not harping on about an ex-manager who got sacked for whatever reason like thousands before him.

I can't remember who it was this past week but someone pointed out the difference between a spectator and a supporter and some people clearly aren't supporting our great club at the moment.
I'm a firm believer of all being in the same boat rowing in the same direction.

We'd be going round in circles if you were rowing...

Michu .Done deal. on 20:05 - Jul 21 with 1063 viewsjacabertawe

.......and it's "toe the line" (second paragraph)!

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

Michu .Done deal. on 20:24 - Jul 21 with 1020 viewsperchrockjack

Two mins.not having that.conference call.jeez either your genius of don't give shuite

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024