Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
peaky blinders! 23:26 - Sep 24 with 7964 viewsconnell10

new series starts tomorrow!

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

peaky blinders! on 23:45 - Sep 24 with 5567 viewsPunteR

New series of Boardwalk empire is pretty good as well.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

peaky blinders! on 02:18 - Sep 25 with 5509 viewsqprnaas

Does it not start october 2nd?? Cant wait either, 1st series was brilliant
peaky blinders! on 08:19 - Sep 25 with 5420 viewsDiscodroids

in thick brummie accent...."get a decent haircut man, were going to the races'.

when having to visit the mother in law im never without the keen edge of a razor in my flat cap, just to keep 'order' mind..

cannae wait.

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

peaky blinders! on 08:21 - Sep 25 with 5420 viewsInglesio

I worked on it, so feel free to ask me about the show, spoiler alerts et al
peaky blinders! on 08:28 - Sep 25 with 5404 viewsconnell10

peaky blinders! on 02:18 - Sep 25 by qprnaas

Does it not start october 2nd?? Cant wait either, 1st series was brilliant

my mistake mate, yes it starts on the 2nd oct!

peaky blinders! on 08:28 - Sep 25 with 5403 viewsDiscodroids

peaky blinders! on 08:21 - Sep 25 by Inglesio

I worked on it, so feel free to ask me about the show, spoiler alerts et al

where do the blokes get those haircuts??.
, when i tried it i looked like sir ian mckellen in 'walter', or sir john mills' in ryans daughter'..

seriously, a really good show, loved all the billy hill/jack spot/sabotini gang stuff re control of the race tracks ....any other rival villains in this new series to the family?

"...The monkey is never dead, Dealer. The monkey never dies. When you kick him off, he just hides in a corner, waiting his turn."

peaky blinders! on 08:29 - Sep 25 with 5401 viewssmegma

The new series sees the Shelby Empire move into the backstreets of London so Im looking forward to some Mary Poppins type cockerneeeeee accents love a duck, down the apples and pears cor blimey guv'nor.
peaky blinders! on 08:46 - Sep 25 with 5376 viewsInglesio

For someone like me who works as an Assistant Director the haircuts are a nightmare as they have to get them redone every 4 days, normally it meant an even earlier start, and the same with the extras.

Although the Shelbys are still in 'Birmingham' you're right they do try to expand their business so they do have a jolly boys outing to London. However, having said that we filmed mostly in Liverpool and Manchester with 2 days in Dudley and not a single day of shooting in London.

As the gang moves to London they get involved with the Jewish gangs of Camden (their leader played by Tom Hardy) and the Italians, led by Sabini (played by Noah Taylor.)

Think viewers will like it, still has good story lines with added interesting characters as well as plenty of action, hope people enjoy it.
Login to get fewer ads

peaky blinders! on 08:53 - Sep 25 with 5367 viewssmegma

peaky blinders! on 08:46 - Sep 25 by Inglesio

For someone like me who works as an Assistant Director the haircuts are a nightmare as they have to get them redone every 4 days, normally it meant an even earlier start, and the same with the extras.

Although the Shelbys are still in 'Birmingham' you're right they do try to expand their business so they do have a jolly boys outing to London. However, having said that we filmed mostly in Liverpool and Manchester with 2 days in Dudley and not a single day of shooting in London.

As the gang moves to London they get involved with the Jewish gangs of Camden (their leader played by Tom Hardy) and the Italians, led by Sabini (played by Noah Taylor.)

Think viewers will like it, still has good story lines with added interesting characters as well as plenty of action, hope people enjoy it.

Cillian Murphy was on Lauren Lavernes show on BBC Radio 6 yesterday and most of the conversation revolved around PJ Harvey and Nick Cave !!!! Fair play to Cillian for hios accent seeing as he has a soft irish brogue. Was you on it as well as they had a producer/writer type person (forgotten) ?
peaky blinders! on 09:03 - Sep 25 with 5359 viewsInglesio

That would've probably been Steve Knight the writer/creator. Big Birmigham City fan, had the pleasure of seeing him nad taking the piss the day after a Ravel inspired QPR beat them 2-0 at St. Andrews, I miss the Championship when we actually used to win away from home!
peaky blinders! on 09:09 - Sep 25 with 5345 viewsDiscodroids

really looking forward to it mate, taking on the sabotini gang!!.

love all that history.fascinating.

thanks for the insight..

love the older brother character.
[Post edited 25 Sep 2014 9:10]

peaky blinders! on 09:21 - Sep 25 with 5323 viewssmegma

peaky blinders! on 09:03 - Sep 25 by Inglesio

That would've probably been Steve Knight the writer/creator. Big Birmigham City fan, had the pleasure of seeing him nad taking the piss the day after a Ravel inspired QPR beat them 2-0 at St. Andrews, I miss the Championship when we actually used to win away from home!

Just checked, it was Mark Ellis ( music producer 'Flood'), hence the chat about Polly Harvey and Nick Cave.
peaky blinders! on 10:03 - Sep 25 with 5284 viewsbob566

gonna give it a go. Interesting interview here with the lead role. Celebs always moaning about paps in there face etc. This guy seems to have the answer.

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2014/sep/24/cillian-murphy-interview-peaky-blind
peaky blinders! on 13:03 - Sep 25 with 5207 viewsconnell10

i tip my hat to everyone involved, blinding drama sir!

peaky blinders! on 13:08 - Sep 25 with 5193 viewsrobith

Loved season 1.

Love Tom Hardy.

Can not wait
peaky blinders! on 20:28 - Sep 25 with 5049 viewsPunteR

peaky blinders! on 09:03 - Sep 25 by Inglesio

Was that the game where loads of the brummie fans wore peaky blinder hats?
I'll look forward to seeing Tom Hardy in it,always good value.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

peaky blinders! on 20:34 - Sep 25 with 5034 viewsPommyhoop

They are showing entire 1st series back to back on BBC1st over here on Sunday. Taping them to watch.Then I'll know what the f'ck you're all onnabout

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

peaky blinders! on 20:37 - Sep 25 with 5029 viewsMonahoop

Brilliant series. Can't wait. Cillian Murphy, superb actor.

There aint half been some clever bastards.

peaky blinders! on 08:55 - Sep 26 with 4917 viewsenfieldargh

One of my sons mates is in it playing a baddy and he is also a mad rangers fan!!!!

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

peaky blinders! on 12:30 - Sep 26 with 4854 viewsInglesio

You must betalking about Paul Bullion, good lad, it was good to have a fellow R to talk to whilst shooting away from home.
peaky blinders! on 14:51 - Sep 26 with 4806 viewskomradkirk

really looking forward to this ,so i am
peaky blinders! on 17:58 - Sep 26 with 4730 viewscollegeranger

Best thing produced in the UK for quite a while and brave too with modern music interlaced into it the narrative and thick brummie accents that would I guess throw some of the US networks from buying it. Loved series 1 - can't wait for series 2 next week!!!
peaky blinders! on 18:24 - Sep 26 with 4716 viewsjamois

Thank you for this thread Connell. Living in Costa Rica, always on the look out for some new TV viewing. Never heard of it out here obviously, so going to get hold of it and do a full immersion!

Poll: What's our back 4 for Wembley?

peaky blinders! on 19:12 - Sep 26 with 4690 viewsconnell10

peaky blinders! on 18:24 - Sep 26 by jamois

Thank you for this thread Connell. Living in Costa Rica, always on the look out for some new TV viewing. Never heard of it out here obviously, so going to get hold of it and do a full immersion!

you will love it mate!

peaky blinders! on 09:15 - Sep 27 with 4620 viewsNoelmc

Saw Cillian Murphy in Ballyturk at the National Theatre last night. Great energetic performance but weird play. Really looking forward to the return of Peaky Blinders on Thursday.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024