Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread 15:07 - Oct 28 with 35416 viewsMrSwan

[Post edited 28 Oct 2014 15:08]

Poll: Do you rate Shelvey?

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 22:53 - Oct 28 with 1477 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 22:50 - Oct 28 by WarwickHunt

Innit.

Incompetence rather than bias. 'Twas ever thus.

the stats are beginning to suggest otherwise. Amazing how the incompetence always favours the 'bigger' club isn't it. Man Utd under Ferguson had very little in the way of 'incompetence' going against them for many years.
The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 22:53 - Oct 28 with 1468 views_

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 22:42 - Oct 28 by londonlisa2001

all clubs don't suffer them though! That's the whole point.

It's not just the red - it was lots of decisions all through the match - did you see our yellow cards and see the stuff they got away with. It's bordering on corrupt.

See Balotelli square up to Shelvey and pretend he'd been smacked in the face by him? it's ruining the game.

I am personally not that bothered about going out in the COC this year, although of course I want to win every match. But the decision making from that ref was so bad as to be laughable. And I haven't bothered watching interviews, but if Rodgers says anything other than that was never a red in a million years then he's a cheat as well.

I doubt not one single person would've mentioned any ref decisions had we seen that out.

Simple math there would suggest that maybe Liverpool were home so maybe got a slight advantage from crowd reaction etc but hey ho, we won the game.

We did well but the ref had nothing to do with a great cross coming in fromBorini and sloppy defending in the box for Balotelli to ghost in.

I'd prefer to see critical posts of this to get this better for the next game, not cheap shots at referees who are doing their best to be fair in front of the watching eye of the world and their assessors.

40,000 fans can have a big say in games you know or even 25,000 over passionate Stoke fans.

Let's not turn into Ian Holloway, I was cringing at his every interview in his stint in the big league.

Let's just get on with it no matter how gutted we feel, we shouldn't give anyone the satisfaction.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 22:56 - Oct 28 with 1437 viewsItchySphincter

The referee did alright until that brain fade.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 22:58 - Oct 28 with 1414 viewsjackonicko

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 22:15 - Oct 28 by _

Oh give over yourself Lisa FFS.

You were going on that Monk's comments would make referees think twice before making dubious decisions. You were wrong it seems.

The red card was a disgrace and yet again another bad decision but hey, how come you don't seem to grasp that all clubs suffer these shit decisions because that's football.

Your little list of the decisions you felt cheated by held next to no water whatsoever.

That one decision didn't swing it completely in their favour, it helped with the momentum they'd built up after their equaliserequaliser and they capitalised on it... It's football. It happens.

It is football. It happens.

But when it comes to shocking referee decisions, it really does seem to happen to us more than others.

Maybe we just notice it more, but the howlers and the incomprehensible decisions nearly always go against us. Not just this season either.

im happy to see Garry keep calling them out, with heart, conviction and passion. Yes, the Stoke rant veered a little close to a Keegan-esque meltdown, but he spoke from the heart. Tonight he really acquitted himself.

I'm on record as doubting Project Garry too, but let's not use that stick to beat him on everything he does.
The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 22:59 - Oct 28 with 1396 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 22:53 - Oct 28 by _

I doubt not one single person would've mentioned any ref decisions had we seen that out.

Simple math there would suggest that maybe Liverpool were home so maybe got a slight advantage from crowd reaction etc but hey ho, we won the game.

We did well but the ref had nothing to do with a great cross coming in fromBorini and sloppy defending in the box for Balotelli to ghost in.

I'd prefer to see critical posts of this to get this better for the next game, not cheap shots at referees who are doing their best to be fair in front of the watching eye of the world and their assessors.

40,000 fans can have a big say in games you know or even 25,000 over passionate Stoke fans.

Let's not turn into Ian Holloway, I was cringing at his every interview in his stint in the big league.

Let's just get on with it no matter how gutted we feel, we shouldn't give anyone the satisfaction.

if we had won 1 nil and Fernandez had been sent off for that challenge then of course we would have been equally as mad about it. I thought Borini was a disgrace at times and got away with it, way before the red card as well.

The referee has made a decision that is not only bad, but unbelievable. It's not as if it was a harsh red, or should have been a booking - it wasn't even anywhere near a foul. If it's really incompetence and not cheating - do you think for one second that had it been the other way he'd have given a foul let alone a red card? These refs are utterly ruining the game, week in and week out. I agree the first goal was bad - Taylor was not good throughout and Dyer was absolutely terrible, but we did not deserve to lose that.
The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 23:00 - Oct 28 with 1393 viewsWarwickHunt

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 22:53 - Oct 28 by londonlisa2001

the stats are beginning to suggest otherwise. Amazing how the incompetence always favours the 'bigger' club isn't it. Man Utd under Ferguson had very little in the way of 'incompetence' going against them for many years.

Big clubs have a home advantage shocker!

The idea that there's a conspiracy against lil ol' Swansea is laughable.
The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 23:00 - Oct 28 with 1387 viewsJonathans_coat

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 22:51 - Oct 28 by londonlisa2001

Balotelli cheated to try to get Shelvey sent off.

Can't say the C word Lisa! You'll have Liverpool football club complaining to the FA, and every moron on this site calling for you to apologise for being naive and resign from the forum!
The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 23:01 - Oct 28 with 1369 views_

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 22:53 - Oct 28 by londonlisa2001

Oh good god....

You know the answer to your fury don't you. We need to extend the Liberty at least three and a half times...

Can you imagine 70 odd thousand of us getting at the ref. I reckon we'll get a few more decisions then....just maybe though. Stats - no offence, but poppycock.

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 23:01 - Oct 28 with 1365 viewsSwansNZ

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 22:53 - Oct 28 by bermudajack

I disagree with a lot of the posts on here...

It's clear Monk was more annoyed with the defending for the first goal than the sending off...

The space and room allowed for borini's cross was unbeliveable, the run and space that Ballotelli was allowed was equally so...

Stop the cross and we would have won the game, defend the cross and we also would have won, these two things started our own downfall... Not just the referee

Why can't we hang onto leads anymore? A noticeable trait that has been evident since GM took over.

Last season... Everton (cup) Liverpool, Napoli,
This season... Chelsea, Stoke, Newcastle, Liverpool,

I'm sure there's lots more but I cannot remember them, considering we never lost one game in which we took the lead before this... What's changed?

Leads we have hung onto this season...
Man Utd, Burnley, WBA, Leicester, Rotherham, Everton

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 23:02 - Oct 28 with 1359 viewsperchrockjack

Why do I get the feeling some are itching to rip into monk.

Guts...plenty of it.

Clearly , a wrong decision that cost us but it would have gone into extra time and then I d be late for my horlicks.

Some of our own we're leaving at 1-1' loads of kids more interested in coke and burgers ..

Stay away eh..

We played fine and were extremely unlucky again...again and another dubious decision but it's ok as it wasn't the reason we lost... My arse..

Oh and terrific emnes goal

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 23:06 - Oct 28 with 1327 viewsC_jack

Nani against Madrid.

And that's just off the top of my head, log on to redcafe and I'm sure they'll be able to give you more details.

Until referees start knocking them in your net, to blame them for any result is just an attempt to cover the cracks.

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 23:07 - Oct 28 with 1323 views_

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 22:58 - Oct 28 by jackonicko

It is football. It happens.

But when it comes to shocking referee decisions, it really does seem to happen to us more than others.

Maybe we just notice it more, but the howlers and the incomprehensible decisions nearly always go against us. Not just this season either.

im happy to see Garry keep calling them out, with heart, conviction and passion. Yes, the Stoke rant veered a little close to a Keegan-esque meltdown, but he spoke from the heart. Tonight he really acquitted himself.

I'm on record as doubting Project Garry too, but let's not use that stick to beat him on everything he does.

On the contrary, I'm firmly behind Garry Monk, he's winning me over in subtle ways all the while. Not just him but us as a club and how we're able to withstand managerial changes and keep the fluidity of our whole style of play/philosophy etc.

I though his interview tonight was first class. He mentioned the red card and you could tell he was well Pissed off with it but he hid it in such a way that it carried even more weight. Credit to Monky, big time.

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 23:08 - Oct 28 with 1310 viewsJonathans_coat

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 23:06 - Oct 28 by C_jack

Nani against Madrid.

And that's just off the top of my head, log on to redcafe and I'm sure they'll be able to give you more details.

Until referees start knocking them in your net, to blame them for any result is just an attempt to cover the cracks.

But Madrid were surely the "bigger team" in that game no?
The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 23:08 - Oct 28 with 1308 viewsItchySphincter

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 23:00 - Oct 28 by Jonathans_coat

Can't say the C word Lisa! You'll have Liverpool football club complaining to the FA, and every moron on this site calling for you to apologise for being naive and resign from the forum!

Of course players cheat, that wasn't the case tonight though was it? If you think that you truly are a moron. Bad decision making by the ref, plain and simple.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 23:12 - Oct 28 with 1295 viewsJonathans_coat

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 23:08 - Oct 28 by ItchySphincter

Of course players cheat, that wasn't the case tonight though was it? If you think that you truly are a moron. Bad decision making by the ref, plain and simple.

No dude, not the red card, Ballotelli's ridiculous theatrics trying to get shelves sent off!
The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 23:12 - Oct 28 with 1289 views_

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 22:59 - Oct 28 by londonlisa2001

if we had won 1 nil and Fernandez had been sent off for that challenge then of course we would have been equally as mad about it. I thought Borini was a disgrace at times and got away with it, way before the red card as well.

The referee has made a decision that is not only bad, but unbelievable. It's not as if it was a harsh red, or should have been a booking - it wasn't even anywhere near a foul. If it's really incompetence and not cheating - do you think for one second that had it been the other way he'd have given a foul let alone a red card? These refs are utterly ruining the game, week in and week out. I agree the first goal was bad - Taylor was not good throughout and Dyer was absolutely terrible, but we did not deserve to lose that.

I think if it was the other way around it would be a mathematical equation of probability x crowd reaction x on the spot decision x 40,000-1000 fans influence....

Which may just have swung it in their favour...

Jesus Christ Lis, stop it.

Do you think Hazard would have got sent off had the game been in Chelsea in the semi final?

Well.........

Do you??

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 23:12 - Oct 28 with 1289 viewsjackonicko

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 23:07 - Oct 28 by _

On the contrary, I'm firmly behind Garry Monk, he's winning me over in subtle ways all the while. Not just him but us as a club and how we're able to withstand managerial changes and keep the fluidity of our whole style of play/philosophy etc.

I though his interview tonight was first class. He mentioned the red card and you could tell he was well Pissed off with it but he hid it in such a way that it carried even more weight. Credit to Monky, big time.

Kudos to you in coming out and saying that.

If Warwick says the same, I'm keeping half an eye out for four horsemen!
The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 23:16 - Oct 28 with 1247 viewsJonathans_coat

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 23:12 - Oct 28 by _

I think if it was the other way around it would be a mathematical equation of probability x crowd reaction x on the spot decision x 40,000-1000 fans influence....

Which may just have swung it in their favour...

Jesus Christ Lis, stop it.

Do you think Hazard would have got sent off had the game been in Chelsea in the semi final?

Well.........

Do you??

Well he would have been unlikely to boot his own ball boy would he! Why would a Chelsea ball boy be lying on the ball wasting time!!!
The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 23:16 - Oct 28 with 1244 viewsperchrockjack

Well, count me out of this one.

It's simple irony that we seem to be subject to referee howlers.

Innit

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 23:18 - Oct 28 with 1230 viewsGram2086

Shocking defending for the equaliser- Taylor/Montero give Borini too much space and he slings in a hopeful cross from too deep an angle. Rangel has Ballotelli from outside the box and jogs alongside his run then inexplicably let's him get in front.

Good tackle from Fernandez - no foul let alone any sort of card. Shambles ensues.

Coughed up the ball then appalling lack of organisation leaves Taylor with Lovren - Tremmell spots the imbalance and is forced to try to retrieve the position but misses the challenge.

Shambolic last 15m
The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 23:20 - Oct 28 with 1214 views_

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 23:12 - Oct 28 by jackonicko

Kudos to you in coming out and saying that.

If Warwick says the same, I'm keeping half an eye out for four horsemen!

Come on old friend, don't fall foul of idiotic posters on this board who havemaybe seen their one and only game this season.

Myself and Phil want the same thing, it's the same as you and every other
dyed in the wool Jack, and that's progression.

Having a keen eye over proceedings is as healthy as shouting your lungs out Neath Jack style. We're all in the same boat and look what we've nearly done today with our stiffs.

Sad effing end but massive credit to the Jacks and the great support up there on a Tuesday night.

Superb club.

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 23:20 - Oct 28 with 1213 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 23:08 - Oct 28 by Jonathans_coat

But Madrid were surely the "bigger team" in that game no?

pointless.

Interesting that one of the few decisions that have ever gone against them was when they played one of the only teams in the world that could be said to be bigger than them.
The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 23:21 - Oct 28 with 1206 views_

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 23:16 - Oct 28 by perchrockjack

Well, count me out of this one.

It's simple irony that we seem to be subject to referee howlers.

Innit

Good boy now stick to your word.

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 23:23 - Oct 28 with 1194 views_

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 23:18 - Oct 28 by Gram2086

Shocking defending for the equaliser- Taylor/Montero give Borini too much space and he slings in a hopeful cross from too deep an angle. Rangel has Ballotelli from outside the box and jogs alongside his run then inexplicably let's him get in front.

Good tackle from Fernandez - no foul let alone any sort of card. Shambles ensues.

Coughed up the ball then appalling lack of organisation leaves Taylor with Lovren - Tremmell spots the imbalance and is forced to try to retrieve the position but misses the challenge.

Shambolic last 15m

You forgot Williams who slipped...

That was more key to that goal than the sending off.

(But don't tell Lisa....) 😉

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 23:23 - Oct 28 with 1510 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 23:00 - Oct 28 by WarwickHunt

Big clubs have a home advantage shocker!

The idea that there's a conspiracy against lil ol' Swansea is laughable.

no one is saying there's a conspiracy against Swansea. I am saying that there is a definite and obvious bias towards the bigger teams.

If you don't think that was an unbelievably shocking decision tonight then to be honest I'm not certain how to carry on a discussion. It was so ludicrous a decision as to render discussion about it a waste of time.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024