Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread 15:07 - Oct 28 with 34817 viewsMrSwan

[Post edited 28 Oct 2014 15:08]

Poll: Do you rate Shelvey?

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 23:24 - Oct 28 with 1468 views_

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 23:16 - Oct 28 by Jonathans_coat

Well he would have been unlikely to boot his own ball boy would he! Why would a Chelsea ball boy be lying on the ball wasting time!!!

Take your time kid......

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 23:26 - Oct 28 with 1461 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 23:01 - Oct 28 by _

Oh good god....

You know the answer to your fury don't you. We need to extend the Liberty at least three and a half times...

Can you imagine 70 odd thousand of us getting at the ref. I reckon we'll get a few more decisions then....just maybe though. Stats - no offence, but poppycock.

a better answer may be to have referees (that are professional after all) that are in some way competent.

Alternatively, since that seems beyond the wit of the FA / Premier League, then let's have video so that these decisions are taken away from them.
The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 23:28 - Oct 28 with 1443 views_

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 23:23 - Oct 28 by londonlisa2001

no one is saying there's a conspiracy against Swansea. I am saying that there is a definite and obvious bias towards the bigger teams.

If you don't think that was an unbelievably shocking decision tonight then to be honest I'm not certain how to carry on a discussion. It was so ludicrous a decision as to render discussion about it a waste of time.

He's not even denying that though Lis, you're missing the blydi obvious.

Hey, maybe you should petition the league to play every game at neutral venues and take home advantage out of the equation?

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 23:30 - Oct 28 with 1429 viewsWarwickHunt

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 23:23 - Oct 28 by londonlisa2001

no one is saying there's a conspiracy against Swansea. I am saying that there is a definite and obvious bias towards the bigger teams.

If you don't think that was an unbelievably shocking decision tonight then to be honest I'm not certain how to carry on a discussion. It was so ludicrous a decision as to render discussion about it a waste of time.

Of course it was shocking decision.

Of course the biggest clubs tend to get favoured at home. Hardly news, is it?
The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 23:32 - Oct 28 with 1419 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 23:23 - Oct 28 by _

You forgot Williams who slipped...

That was more key to that goal than the sending off.

(But don't tell Lisa....) 😉

at absolutely no point did I say that the sending off was the reason for the goal.

You are completely missing my point. I said I don't particularly care that we went out other than wanting obviously to win each match. I simply said, utterly irrespective of the result, that the referee was shocking and the decision was completely incompetent and we are being cheated out of fair decisions. You are the one twisting that into me saying it cost us the goal.
The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 23:32 - Oct 28 with 1419 viewsJonathans_coat

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 23:24 - Oct 28 by _

Take your time kid......

Your point being..... I'm agreeing with you dude! And "kid" is a bit unessisary, and trust me I'm far from a kid, I'm probably older than you!
The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 23:32 - Oct 28 with 1419 viewsperchrockjack

But it doesn't excuse it and I don't remember uscat home having any such advantage ever

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 23:33 - Oct 28 with 1409 views_

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 23:30 - Oct 28 by WarwickHunt

Of course it was shocking decision.

Of course the biggest clubs tend to get favoured at home. Hardly news, is it?

I'm not sure what else to say here, Phil....

Ian Holloway has spammed our board tonight....

They're out to get us....I tell you now they are. I'm off to hide under my bed until we can play a small team again...

IT'S JUST NOT FAIR...!!!!

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 23:39 - Oct 28 with 1387 viewsWarwickHunt

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 23:33 - Oct 28 by _

I'm not sure what else to say here, Phil....

Ian Holloway has spammed our board tonight....

They're out to get us....I tell you now they are. I'm off to hide under my bed until we can play a small team again...

IT'S JUST NOT FAIR...!!!!

Check for reds under the bed first Chrissy and if David Icke knocks on your door, don't answer...
The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 23:42 - Oct 28 with 1375 viewsperchrockjack

Great posts.

We re all,lucky to have your insight.

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 23:50 - Oct 28 with 1350 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 23:39 - Oct 28 by WarwickHunt

Check for reds under the bed first Chrissy and if David Icke knocks on your door, don't answer...

that's ridiculous Phil.

It doesn't take a tin hatted conspiracy theorist to see that the bias being shown by referees is ruining the game.

If you're happy to say - well it's the way it is, that's fine. I personally think it's spoiling matches week in and week out. The pace of the game and the intensity is too much for the vast majority of referees, and unless the league does something about it, it continues to turn games into a joke.

The reality is that the red will be overturned in all probability (we only have to submit the picture that epaul posted, case closed). But Liverpool still progress through and it's impossible to say what would have happened had the red not been given (for a start the free kick couldn't have been given). Now we may well have still lost the game, which is fine, but we may not have done, and that costs us as a club a large amount of revenue. It's not a joke - these decisions are potentially costing clubs huge amounts of money, and that is simply not acceptable.

If you genuinely think it's incompetence rather than bias, then that's your view. But I don't think in a million years that decision would have been given the other way round, and to simply say, that's football, is not good enough in a multi million pound game in my view.
The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 23:51 - Oct 28 with 1345 viewsairedale

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 23:07 - Oct 28 by _

On the contrary, I'm firmly behind Garry Monk, he's winning me over in subtle ways all the while. Not just him but us as a club and how we're able to withstand managerial changes and keep the fluidity of our whole style of play/philosophy etc.

I though his interview tonight was first class. He mentioned the red card and you could tell he was well Pissed off with it but he hid it in such a way that it carried even more weight. Credit to Monky, big time.

We (and the players) call him Monks, if you don't mind.
The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 23:54 - Oct 28 with 1334 views_

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 23:39 - Oct 28 by WarwickHunt

Hahaha.... Faaaack....

It comes to something when you can't even feel safe in your own bed... Must be all these skeletons escaped from my closet. I need those drugs tokeep the demon ref's away....

But it won't work.........

They'll get me.................

They always do.....................

We're only little ol Swansea..........

It's just not fair.

(P.s. still a shit decision)

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 23:57 - Oct 28 with 1322 viewsperchrockjack

And that Lisa, is what is termed a great post..
That ok kj.
What is boiling my pisss at the moment is that which has boiled it ever since that infamous post that turned this site into a bitchfest some weeks back.

No matter what some say, if monk fails, it will see their view justified and all the jaundiced disingenuous garbage on here will be seen for what it is. Poison

We ve seen three appalling decisions this season already that have cost us.
This league is about fine margins, and these decisions have to be a concern..

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 00:04 - Oct 29 with 1310 viewsWarwickHunt

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 23:50 - Oct 28 by londonlisa2001

that's ridiculous Phil.

It doesn't take a tin hatted conspiracy theorist to see that the bias being shown by referees is ruining the game.

If you're happy to say - well it's the way it is, that's fine. I personally think it's spoiling matches week in and week out. The pace of the game and the intensity is too much for the vast majority of referees, and unless the league does something about it, it continues to turn games into a joke.

The reality is that the red will be overturned in all probability (we only have to submit the picture that epaul posted, case closed). But Liverpool still progress through and it's impossible to say what would have happened had the red not been given (for a start the free kick couldn't have been given). Now we may well have still lost the game, which is fine, but we may not have done, and that costs us as a club a large amount of revenue. It's not a joke - these decisions are potentially costing clubs huge amounts of money, and that is simply not acceptable.

If you genuinely think it's incompetence rather than bias, then that's your view. But I don't think in a million years that decision would have been given the other way round, and to simply say, that's football, is not good enough in a multi million pound game in my view.

Referees are human - until video referrals are the norm, howlers will be made and will tend to be in favour of the big clubs at home. Even Phil Dowd seems to have become a 'homer'.

Is your solution simply better referees? Serious question...
The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 00:05 - Oct 29 with 1308 views_

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 23:57 - Oct 28 by perchrockjack

And that Lisa, is what is termed a great post..
That ok kj.
What is boiling my pisss at the moment is that which has boiled it ever since that infamous post that turned this site into a bitchfest some weeks back.

No matter what some say, if monk fails, it will see their view justified and all the jaundiced disingenuous garbage on here will be seen for what it is. Poison

We ve seen three appalling decisions this season already that have cost us.
This league is about fine margins, and these decisions have to be a concern..

Hands up if you've been to your first and only game of the season and something is at piss boiling state.

Hands up if you are so hooked on an internet site crossing swords with young men half your age and you are getting more and more drawn in

Hands up if you're man enough to see the light and do the right thing.

Hands up and admit you're never going to win as there is nothing to win.

Hands up, you're under arrest!!!

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 00:12 - Oct 29 with 1291 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 00:04 - Oct 29 by WarwickHunt

Referees are human - until video referrals are the norm, howlers will be made and will tend to be in favour of the big clubs at home. Even Phil Dowd seems to have become a 'homer'.

Is your solution simply better referees? Serious question...

I am leaning towards video referees to be honest. There are so few refs around that seem to be able to go more than a game without making a terrible decision, and there just isn't the time to find a whole new generation, train them up and even then, there's no guarantee they'd be better.

The standard is shocking at the moment. It doesn't help in my view, incidentally, when you see refs that are clearly 3 stone overweight, trying to keep up with players whose fitness is so high these days.

I would use video for every penalty decision (the game doesn't have to stop - replays are on within seconds and the ref could get a beep for a penalty in his ear as they do for the goal line technology. Penalties given should be reviewed, and also red cards (and possibly yellow cards as well). Serious answer by the way.
The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 00:14 - Oct 29 with 1285 views_

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 23:50 - Oct 28 by londonlisa2001

that's ridiculous Phil.

Absolute rubbish in my opinion but there you go....

Lisa, would we have had a decision like Hazard getting sent off in the home semi final against Chelsea up there?

Are Chelsea considered a big club?
There was around ten to fifteen minutes remaining at the time and myself and everyone else in the ground was shitting ourselves.

That sending off, that one decision, a brave one and let's face it, as soft as you'll ever see, was the moment I felt we won the cup.

Did you post after that game, Lisa...?
If so, what did you say in the interests of fairness?

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 00:17 - Oct 29 with 1278 viewsWarwickHunt

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 00:12 - Oct 29 by londonlisa2001

I am leaning towards video referees to be honest. There are so few refs around that seem to be able to go more than a game without making a terrible decision, and there just isn't the time to find a whole new generation, train them up and even then, there's no guarantee they'd be better.

The standard is shocking at the moment. It doesn't help in my view, incidentally, when you see refs that are clearly 3 stone overweight, trying to keep up with players whose fitness is so high these days.

I would use video for every penalty decision (the game doesn't have to stop - replays are on within seconds and the ref could get a beep for a penalty in his ear as they do for the goal line technology. Penalties given should be reviewed, and also red cards (and possibly yellow cards as well). Serious answer by the way.

I agree. Happens in cricket and rugby and doesn't slow the game up.
The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 00:17 - Oct 29 with 1278 views_

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 00:12 - Oct 29 by londonlisa2001

Lisa,

Make your mind up as well. You were on here the other day saying we should be intimidating ref's a lot more....

Haha, come on mun, you can't have that moon on your stick

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 00:17 - Oct 29 with 1277 viewsSwansNZ

I’m all for video refs.
Personally, I’d rather the correct decisions are made (even if it slows the game down a very small bit), than having talking points after the game.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 00:20 - Oct 29 with 1271 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 00:14 - Oct 29 by _

Absolute rubbish in my opinion but there you go....

Lisa, would we have had a decision like Hazard getting sent off in the home semi final against Chelsea up there?

Are Chelsea considered a big club?
There was around ten to fifteen minutes remaining at the time and myself and everyone else in the ground was shitting ourselves.

That sending off, that one decision, a brave one and let's face it, as soft as you'll ever see, was the moment I felt we won the cup.

Did you post after that game, Lisa...?
If so, what did you say in the interests of fairness?

you appear to be comparing Hazard kicking a ball boy with Fernandez clearly winning the ball and getting a red card for it?

The referee didn't have any option but to send off Hazard. You appear to have forgotten some of the more contentious moments of that match though - Michu's head for example - remember how that happened? Remember how long it was before he was allowed back on to the pitch with the crowd howling?

No, obviously not. And I didn't post after the match because I was at the match and not at home in London.
The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 00:22 - Oct 29 with 1269 viewsSwansNZ

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 00:17 - Oct 29 by WarwickHunt

I agree. Happens in cricket and rugby and doesn't slow the game up.

As I said, I'm all for video refs, they always get the decision correct

[Post edited 29 Oct 2014 0:22]

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 00:25 - Oct 29 with 1257 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 00:17 - Oct 29 by _

Lisa,

Make your mind up as well. You were on here the other day saying we should be intimidating ref's a lot more....

Haha, come on mun, you can't have that moon on your stick

what I said is that the Stoke fans had clearly influenced the referee and that I couldn't remember the last time we created an intimidating atmosphere at the Liberty?

i don't see how that is in any way contradictory to saying that we should have video referees?

the crowd at New Zealand rugby matches are pretty intimidating, as are the Aussies, and they have video referees.

I don't quite understand either your point or why you have decided to pick an argument with me over this? Plenty on here have said that the ref was shocking - others have listed a number of mistakes he made. Why have you not responded to them?
The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 00:29 - Oct 29 with 1758 views_

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 00:20 - Oct 29 by londonlisa2001

you appear to be comparing Hazard kicking a ball boy with Fernandez clearly winning the ball and getting a red card for it?

The referee didn't have any option but to send off Hazard. You appear to have forgotten some of the more contentious moments of that match though - Michu's head for example - remember how that happened? Remember how long it was before he was allowed back on to the pitch with the crowd howling?

No, obviously not. And I didn't post after the match because I was at the match and not at home in London.

Haha it was largely condemned as a joke sending off... Don't get me wrong, I was out of my seat reminding the ref at the top of my voice that he had to go, but red card, was it bollocks.

And no, Lisa, he didn't kick b ball boy, he kicked the ball.

Why don't you front up and be honest...if you were a Chelsea fan that nightyou'd have been appalled.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024