Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread 15:07 - Oct 28 with 35415 viewsMrSwan

[Post edited 28 Oct 2014 15:08]

Poll: Do you rate Shelvey?

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 22:04 - Oct 28 with 2387 viewslondonlisa2001

all those on here who were complaining that Garry Monk should apologise for his comments about cheating refs should take a look at themselves.

An utterly shocking decision.

The only joy from that - Liverpool are absolutely woeful for the amount of money spent and Rodgers will be very very lucky to last the season with them.

Absolutely dreadful end to the match - ignoring studs up challenges from them and a red card for a tackle that was not in a million years a foul. At least he won't miss any games - there is no way that red card will stand.
The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 22:05 - Oct 28 with 2364 viewsSgorioFruit

As soon as Balotelli scored i knew we would lose the game in the dying minutes.
We just dont have the guts to finish off a game like that.
But on the other hand, we seen them off alright last time we played them in this tournament.
Which brings me to my main conclusion, do we really care about this defeat? Yes its not nice to throw a game away like that especially if it was a dodgy ref decision, but we have already won this cup and dont need any more distractions from the league.
Bring on the FA Cup, thats what we want a piece of.

Oh and tonight
Wrexham 5-2 Macclesfield FA CUP replay
Merthyr 2-1 Yate league game

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 22:10 - Oct 28 with 2168 viewsJBT95

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 22:05 - Oct 28 by SgorioFruit

But on the other hand, we seen them off alright last time we played them in this tournament.
Which brings me to my main conclusion, do we really care about this defeat? Yes its not nice to throw a game away like that especially if it was a dodgy ref decision, but we have already won this cup and dont need any more distractions from the league.

Oh and tonight

Yes but we had a chance of winning if we had gone through.

Man United, Arsenal, Everton all out. Liverpool would have been out.

FA Cup everyone is back in it again and we will draw a top 7 team from last season away again no doubt.

If Liverpool draw Man City or Chelsea away though I won't be so bothered.
[Post edited 28 Oct 2014 22:10]
The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 22:10 - Oct 28 with 2161 viewsParlay

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 22:05 - Oct 28 by SgorioFruit

Oh and tonight

Nothing to do with not having the guts. If that went 1-1 at the end of the 90 and 11v11 there is every chance we would be in the quarter finals.

Nothing we could have done about that equaliser either, sometimes you have to hold your hands up and say "too good". That was one of those times. That cross was unplayable.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 22:11 - Oct 28 with 2140 viewsJBT95

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 22:10 - Oct 28 by Parlay

Nothing to do with not having the guts. If that went 1-1 at the end of the 90 and 11v11 there is every chance we would be in the quarter finals.

Nothing we could have done about that equaliser either, sometimes you have to hold your hands up and say "too good". That was one of those times. That cross was unplayable.

I wouldn't say so.

Ash was marking Lovren and slipped. Free header as a result.
The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 22:12 - Oct 28 with 2105 viewsmax936

Oh and tonight

That's not fair to say we threw the game away, we played well, only to be undone by a ridiculous decision.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 22:15 - Oct 28 with 2009 views_

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 22:04 - Oct 28 by londonlisa2001

all those on here who were complaining that Garry Monk should apologise for his comments about cheating refs should take a look at themselves.

The only joy from that - Liverpool are absolutely woeful for the amount of money spent and Rodgers will be very very lucky to last the season with them.

Absolutely dreadful end to the match - ignoring studs up challenges from them and a red card for a tackle that was not in a million years a foul. At least he won't miss any games - there is no way that red card will stand.

Oh give over yourself Lisa FFS.

You were going on that Monk's comments would make referees think twice before making dubious decisions. You were wrong it seems.

The red card was a disgrace and yet again another bad decision but hey, how come you don't seem to grasp that all clubs suffer these shit decisions because that's football.

Your little list of the decisions you felt cheated by held next to no water whatsoever.

That one decision didn't swing it completely in their favour, it helped with the momentum they'd built up after their equaliserequaliser and they capitalised on it... It's football. It happens.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 22:15 - Oct 28 with 1996 viewsepaul

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 22:12 - Oct 28 by max936

That's not fair to say we threw the game away, we played well, only to be undone by a ridiculous decision.

I bet you was creaming yourself when they scored the second

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 22:16 - Oct 28 with 1968 viewsheadcleaner

it would be fair to say we were reasonably comfortable until the ref changed the game. how can we make much less fouls yet still get unreasonably harsher punishment. LFC 15 fouls one yellow. SCFC 11 fouls 3 yellows and a straight red!!!! that is not anywhere in keeping with the flow of the game.

There is no balance and the refs should have to watch every single decision with the managers in private and justify those calls. he majorly influenced a game of football with very poor decisions. It would be fair to presume he wont be reffing at a premier league ground this coming weekend or for the month of November. Enjoy league one and the championship ref you fool!
The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 22:20 - Oct 28 with 1868 viewsbuilthjack

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 22:04 - Oct 28 by londonlisa2001

Spot on

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 22:21 - Oct 28 with 1855 viewsmax936

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 22:15 - Oct 28 by epaul

I bet you was creaming yourself when they scored the second

Are you real ffs.

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 22:34 - Oct 28 with 1605 viewsDarran

Superb post.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 22:35 - Oct 28 with 1594 viewsoldcob

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 21:54 - Oct 28 by SwansNZ

unless we appeal, it will be 3 game ban

Only 3 match ban for violent conduct I believe.
The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 22:36 - Oct 28 with 1571 viewsbluenile

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 22:34 - Oct 28 by Darran

Superb post.

Agree.................well said Lisa!

Open the ipod bay doors Hal

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 22:37 - Oct 28 with 1561 viewsepaul

nuff said!

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 22:41 - Oct 28 with 1499 views_

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 22:34 - Oct 28 by Darran

Superb post.

Hahaha

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 22:41 - Oct 28 with 1493 viewsmax936

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 22:37 - Oct 28 by epaul

nuff said!

Shocking decision absolutely shocking mush.

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 22:42 - Oct 28 with 1487 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 22:15 - Oct 28 by _

You were going on that Monk's comments would make referees think twice before making dubious decisions. You were wrong it seems.

The red card was a disgrace and yet again another bad decision but hey, how come you don't seem to grasp that all clubs suffer these shit decisions because that's football.

Your little list of the decisions you felt cheated by held next to no water whatsoever.

That one decision didn't swing it completely in their favour, it helped with the momentum they'd built up after their equaliserequaliser and they capitalised on it... It's football. It happens.

all clubs don't suffer them though! That's the whole point.

It's not just the red - it was lots of decisions all through the match - did you see our yellow cards and see the stuff they got away with. It's bordering on corrupt.

See Balotelli square up to Shelvey and pretend he'd been smacked in the face by him? it's ruining the game.

I am personally not that bothered about going out in the COC this year, although of course I want to win every match. But the decision making from that ref was so bad as to be laughable. And I haven't bothered watching interviews, but if Rodgers says anything other than that was never a red in a million years then he's a cheat as well.
The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 22:44 - Oct 28 with 1464 viewsC_jack

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 22:15 - Oct 28 by _

Infamy! Infamy!

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 22:45 - Oct 28 with 1453 viewsSwansNZ

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 22:35 - Oct 28 by oldcob

Which is what the ref said it was - so, unless we appeal and win, it will be a 3 game ban.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 22:47 - Oct 28 with 1424 viewsblackjackwood

What happened between Shelvey and Balotelli on the edge of the box ? To me it looked like Balotelli went down trying to suggest he'd been head butted by Shelvey . . . . and Shelvey's fury after the final whistle suggests just that !
The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 22:50 - Oct 28 with 1401 viewsWarwickHunt

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 22:44 - Oct 28 by C_jack

Infamy! Infamy!

Innit.

Incompetence rather than bias. 'Twas ever thus.
The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 22:51 - Oct 28 with 1392 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 22:47 - Oct 28 by blackjackwood

What happened between Shelvey and Balotelli on the edge of the box ? To me it looked like Balotelli went down trying to suggest he'd been head butted by Shelvey . . . . and Shelvey's fury after the final whistle suggests just that !

Balotelli cheated to try to get Shelvey sent off.
The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 22:52 - Oct 28 with 1380 viewsItchySphincter

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 22:50 - Oct 28 by WarwickHunt

Innit.

Incompetence rather than bias. 'Twas ever thus.

Course it was and always will be.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 22:53 - Oct 28 with 1469 viewsbermudajack

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 22:35 - Oct 28 by oldcob

I disagree with a lot of the posts on here...

It's clear Monk was more annoyed with the defending for the first goal than the sending off...

The space and room allowed for borini's cross was unbeliveable, the run and space that Ballotelli was allowed was equally so...

Stop the cross and we would have won the game, defend the cross and we also would have won, these two things started our own downfall... Not just the referee

Why can't we hang onto leads anymore? A noticeable trait that has been evident since GM took over.

Last season... Everton (cup) Liverpool, Napoli,
This season... Chelsea, Stoke, Newcastle, Liverpool,

I'm sure there's lots more but I cannot remember them, considering we never lost one game in which we took the lead before this... What's changed?

Poll: Priority for new manager?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024