Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread 15:07 - Oct 28 with 34816 viewsMrSwan

[Post edited 28 Oct 2014 15:08]

Poll: Do you rate Shelvey?

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 00:31 - Oct 29 with 1757 views_

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 00:25 - Oct 29 by londonlisa2001

what I said is that the Stoke fans had clearly influenced the referee and that I couldn't remember the last time we created an intimidating atmosphere at the Liberty?

i don't see how that is in any way contradictory to saying that we should have video referees?

the crowd at New Zealand rugby matches are pretty intimidating, as are the Aussies, and they have video referees.

I don't quite understand either your point or why you have decided to pick an argument with me over this? Plenty on here have said that the ref was shocking - others have listed a number of mistakes he made. Why have you not responded to them?

You were clearly suggesting that we don't do that often enough and we should....

We should get that same intimidation to effect ref's decisions.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 00:33 - Oct 29 with 1745 views_

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 00:25 - Oct 29 by londonlisa2001

what I said is that the Stoke fans had clearly influenced the referee and that I couldn't remember the last time we created an intimidating atmosphere at the Liberty?

i don't see how that is in any way contradictory to saying that we should have video referees?

the crowd at New Zealand rugby matches are pretty intimidating, as are the Aussies, and they have video referees.

I don't quite understand either your point or why you have decided to pick an argument with me over this? Plenty on here have said that the ref was shocking - others have listed a number of mistakes he made. Why have you not responded to them?

You were clearly suggesting that we don't do that often enough and we should....

We should get that same intimidation to effect ref's decisions. Why don't you just admit that?

I'm disagreeing with you because you're clearly over reacting to a bad decision and making out the whole game is corrupt....when it's clear as day every manager seems to be moaning about a refereeing decisions every blydi week.

That's football and that's what makes it so special. It's as real, raw and human as it comes. Deal with it.

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 00:35 - Oct 29 with 1731 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 00:29 - Oct 29 by _

Haha it was largely condemned as a joke sending off... Don't get me wrong, I was out of my seat reminding the ref at the top of my voice that he had to go, but red card, was it bollocks.

And no, Lisa, he didn't kick b ball boy, he kicked the ball.

Why don't you front up and be honest...if you were a Chelsea fan that nightyou'd have been appalled.

no - I believe it was right that he was sent off. Funnily enough I actually didn't think so at the game, but I'm in the West and couldn't see it too clearly. When I saw it on the tv I thought it was a clear red.

The only reason it was a 'joke' was because it was Chelsea and because of the idiot things that Morgan said before hand and the way he acted afterwards. It was still a sending off though - he did kick him - the ball was under him. If it had been 2 players I would have sent off Morgan as well for play acting but being a ball boy that was impossible.
The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 00:46 - Oct 29 with 1714 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 00:33 - Oct 29 by _

We should get that same intimidation to effect ref's decisions. Why don't you just admit that?

I'm disagreeing with you because you're clearly over reacting to a bad decision and making out the whole game is corrupt....when it's clear as day every manager seems to be moaning about a refereeing decisions every blydi week.

That's football and that's what makes it so special. It's as real, raw and human as it comes. Deal with it.

so what - why does that mean no video refs?

And why am I over reacting? I didn't say that was why we lost. I even said that Taylor and dyer were terrible in my view. I just said that the decision was utterly shocking and that the game is being ruined by such things.

You're just making stuff up to suit your agenda because you were irritated by my initial remark to say that people on here were wrong to say that Monk should apologise about his comments on being cheated by refs after Stoke.

It's funny really - you didn't appear last week to take the view that what Monk said was real, raw and as human as it comes did you? Why didn't you deal with it then rather than spend ages moaning about him. Didn't his remarks also make it special? Or does it only work one way?
The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 00:46 - Oct 29 with 1705 views_

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 00:35 - Oct 29 by londonlisa2001

no - I believe it was right that he was sent off. Funnily enough I actually didn't think so at the game, but I'm in the West and couldn't see it too clearly. When I saw it on the tv I thought it was a clear red.

The only reason it was a 'joke' was because it was Chelsea and because of the idiot things that Morgan said before hand and the way he acted afterwards. It was still a sending off though - he did kick him - the ball was under him. If it had been 2 players I would have sent off Morgan as well for play acting but being a ball boy that was impossible.

Well surprise surprise....haha spoken like a true football fan.

It's just simply a case of every decision that goes for us can be explained and every one that goes against us should be challenged.

If you can't see it by now you never will, like maybe you didn't see Charlie looking up after the"kick"?

Blind eyes are so handy sometimes aren't they....

And here's your Stoke intimidation post....

""One issue though that I have - the Stoke fans contributed massively to that decision. I can't remember the last time we had an intimidating atmosphere at the Liberty and that's a shame, as it undoubtedly has an effect""""

It's a shame....

It wasn't when we won the cup though was it....

It was a blatant sending off then

Stay consistent, like the ref's do.... Consistently bad or good.

And hey James Thomas's second pen.... No such thing.

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 00:52 - Oct 29 with 1694 views_

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 00:46 - Oct 29 by londonlisa2001

so what - why does that mean no video refs?

And why am I over reacting? I didn't say that was why we lost. I even said that Taylor and dyer were terrible in my view. I just said that the decision was utterly shocking and that the game is being ruined by such things.

You're just making stuff up to suit your agenda because you were irritated by my initial remark to say that people on here were wrong to say that Monk should apologise about his comments on being cheated by refs after Stoke.

It's funny really - you didn't appear last week to take the view that what Monk said was real, raw and as human as it comes did you? Why didn't you deal with it then rather than spend ages moaning about him. Didn't his remarks also make it special? Or does it only work one way?

Real, raw and calling someone a cheat are completely different.

It's called etiquette Lis, it's not the done thing, especially when one of our players will do the exact same thing at some point in the future.

It's not hard to differentiate between the two and certainly not right to come on here all guns blazing blaming everyone for their late winner bar fate.

Maybe it's you that needs to look at yourself? Not your greatest hour. Passion in abundance though...

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 00:56 - Oct 29 with 1686 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 00:46 - Oct 29 by _

Well surprise surprise....haha spoken like a true football fan.

It's just simply a case of every decision that goes for us can be explained and every one that goes against us should be challenged.

If you can't see it by now you never will, like maybe you didn't see Charlie looking up after the"kick"?

Blind eyes are so handy sometimes aren't they....

And here's your Stoke intimidation post....

""One issue though that I have - the Stoke fans contributed massively to that decision. I can't remember the last time we had an intimidating atmosphere at the Liberty and that's a shame, as it undoubtedly has an effect""""

It's a shame....

It wasn't when we won the cup though was it....

It was a blatant sending off then

Stay consistent, like the ref's do.... Consistently bad or good.

And hey James Thomas's second pen.... No such thing.

you are again twisting what I said.

I said 30 seconds ago that Morgan was wrong - I even said that had he been a player he should have gone as well, but as a ball boy he couldn't. Doesn't mean that Hazard shouldn't have been sent off. I can't say it any more clearly. By the way - the fact that his appeal was turned down on the red card suggests that I wasn't the only one who thought, irrespective of Morgan being a dickhead, Hazard had to be sent off.

I know what I said after Stoke - I repeated it just now, so why are you saying it again? It still doesn't mean that I don't want video refs. I think we should be more intimidating at the Liberty and i would like to see video refs for all big decisions on penalties and red cards etc. I've brought those two concepts together now to help you understand my view.

And I don't have to go back as far as James Thomas' second pen - I said three weeks ago, or whenever it was that Bony's red card was a sending off all day.

Look Chris, you obviously get irritated at absolutely everything I say so why not just ignore it rather than try to twist it?
The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 01:01 - Oct 29 with 1673 viewsSwansNZ

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 00:56 - Oct 29 by londonlisa2001

I said 30 seconds ago that Morgan was wrong - I even said that had he been a player he should have gone as well, but as a ball boy he couldn't. Doesn't mean that Hazard shouldn't have been sent off. I can't say it any more clearly. By the way - the fact that his appeal was turned down on the red card suggests that I wasn't the only one who thought, irrespective of Morgan being a dickhead, Hazard had to be sent off.

I know what I said after Stoke - I repeated it just now, so why are you saying it again? It still doesn't mean that I don't want video refs. I think we should be more intimidating at the Liberty and i would like to see video refs for all big decisions on penalties and red cards etc. I've brought those two concepts together now to help you understand my view.

And I don't have to go back as far as James Thomas' second pen - I said three weeks ago, or whenever it was that Bony's red card was a sending off all day.

Look Chris, you obviously get irritated at absolutely everything I say so why not just ignore it rather than try to twist it?

It must say something when you have to go back over 10 years to find a favourable decision for us at home.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 01:02 - Oct 29 with 1672 viewslondonlisa2001

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 00:52 - Oct 29 by _

Real, raw and calling someone a cheat are completely different.

It's called etiquette Lis, it's not the done thing, especially when one of our players will do the exact same thing at some point in the future.

It's not hard to differentiate between the two and certainly not right to come on here all guns blazing blaming everyone for their late winner bar fate.

Maybe it's you that needs to look at yourself? Not your greatest hour. Passion in abundance though...

I didn't blame anyone for the late defeat (well, actually I intimated later it was Taylor but I certainly at no point said it was the referees's fault we lost)?

Are you struggling to understand simple posts tonight? I said that the ref cheated us on the red card / sending off and it was terrible / beggared belief / utterly appalling etc etc etc.

I didn't though say it was why we lost (although actually who knows what would have happened - it's by no means a foregone conclusion that they would have still won).

And the reality is Chris, that actually our players do it an awful lot less than any other team I have seen play in the Premier League over the past few seasons. We are amazingly fair (with the exception of Chico, who I called a cheat at the time) and I don't think it's a coincidence he was bombed out (after considerably cleaning up his act after Monk took over).
The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 01:06 - Oct 29 with 1663 views_

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 00:56 - Oct 29 by londonlisa2001

So what's the point of being intimidating at the Liberty Stadium then Lisa...you know, if It's not to effect refereeing decisions? You know, those fifty fifty ones that could go either way?

Look, Lisa, it's pretty simple.

Do you honestly, in your wildest dreams think if I started a project on every club in the Premier League by going onto their forums and asking if they thought they were advantaged by referee's you'd get everyone, even the big clubs saying that was the case?

Not only are you not allowing for a huge home crowd giving an advantage in decision making but also you're forgetting that these big clubs have better players so they are driving forward and more forward with every passing minute and they are getting fouled more and more and getting into dangerous positions more and more...positions where refereeing decisions become more vital.

It's just ludicrous to think the world is against us when we've narrowly been beaten by Liverpool while fielding our stiffs...and all this in the last few minutes. Don't forget also they could have been out of sight in the first half alone.

Over to you for the last word. Night night, Jack 😉 x

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 01:09 - Oct 29 with 1654 views_

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 01:01 - Oct 29 by SwansNZ

It must say something when you have to go back over 10 years to find a favourable decision for us at home.

As if....

Just brought up the two that had massive bearing on our whole history. One that kept us in the league and the other that played a part in our first and only major trophy.

It works both ways and always even out...

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 01:11 - Oct 29 with 1646 views_

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 01:02 - Oct 29 by londonlisa2001

I didn't blame anyone for the late defeat (well, actually I intimated later it was Taylor but I certainly at no point said it was the referees's fault we lost)?

Are you struggling to understand simple posts tonight? I said that the ref cheated us on the red card / sending off and it was terrible / beggared belief / utterly appalling etc etc etc.

I didn't though say it was why we lost (although actually who knows what would have happened - it's by no means a foregone conclusion that they would have still won).

And the reality is Chris, that actually our players do it an awful lot less than any other team I have seen play in the Premier League over the past few seasons. We are amazingly fair (with the exception of Chico, who I called a cheat at the time) and I don't think it's a coincidence he was bombed out (after considerably cleaning up his act after Monk took over).

With the exception of Chico hahaha....

Again, if you'd asked the supporters of the Premier League last season who they all would've voted for as the leagues biggest cheat, i bet you ol Chico would've been right up there.

Geez, you gotta laugh mun.

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 01:12 - Oct 29 with 1644 viewsSwansNZ

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 01:09 - Oct 29 by _

As if....

Just brought up the two that had massive bearing on our whole history. One that kept us in the league and the other that played a part in our first and only major trophy.

It works both ways and always even out...

In 10 years time, we might get a decision that results in us winning the PL.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 01:15 - Oct 29 with 1635 views_

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 01:12 - Oct 29 by SwansNZ

In 10 years time, we might get a decision that results in us winning the PL.

I wonder if Lisa would turn a blind eye if we did.

Something tells me, yes 😉

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 09:05 - Oct 29 with 1410 viewsBrynmill_Jack

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 01:02 - Oct 29 by londonlisa2001

That doesn't reflect well on Monk though does it? The man stopped his ridiculous rolling around on the floor antics for his new boss and still got booted out.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 10:16 - Oct 29 with 1366 viewsJonathans_coat

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 09:05 - Oct 29 by Brynmill_Jack

That doesn't reflect well on Monk though does it? The man stopped his ridiculous rolling around on the floor antics for his new boss and still got booted out.

I think you'll find Chico asked to leave and was in Monks plans. I don't think that can be used as a stick to beat him with! What is it with this agenda people???
The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 10:29 - Oct 29 with 1351 viewsDarran

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 10:16 - Oct 29 by Jonathans_coat

I think you'll find Chico asked to leave and was in Monks plans. I don't think that can be used as a stick to beat him with! What is it with this agenda people???

I concur he's got an agenda.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 10:35 - Oct 29 with 1341 views_

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 10:29 - Oct 29 by Darran

Try and have something of note to say about the Swans for once, mate, or just bugger off somewhere else with your trolling. It's not welcome any more on here.

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 10:47 - Oct 29 with 1326 viewsDarran

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 10:35 - Oct 29 by _

Try and have something of note to say about the Swans for once, mate, or just bugger off somewhere else with your trolling. It's not welcome any more on here.

Not sure who the f*ck you think you are but I'll say what I want thanks just like you do.

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 11:22 - Oct 29 with 1297 viewsSpratty

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 10:29 - Oct 29 by Darran

HERE WE GO AGAIN A COUPLE OF POSTS AND STRAIGHT IN WITH THE REPEATED PERSONAL ATTACKS
The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 11:29 - Oct 29 with 1283 viewsDarran

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 11:22 - Oct 29 by Spratty

HERE WE GO AGAIN A COUPLE OF POSTS AND STRAIGHT IN WITH THE REPEATED PERSONAL ATTACKS

I just agreeing with the person that said it.
Bye.

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 11:33 - Oct 29 with 1276 views_

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 11:29 - Oct 29 by Darran

I just agreeing with the person that said it.
Bye.

So no thoughts on the Swans then?

Just here to chip away and troll? (as usual)

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 11:49 - Oct 29 with 1256 viewsDarran

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 11:33 - Oct 29 by _

So no thoughts on the Swans then?

Just here to chip away and troll? (as usual)

Yes I think we're currently having a very good season and Garry is doing a great job.
Now id appreciate it if you can stop stalking me.

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 11:57 - Oct 29 with 1242 views_

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 11:49 - Oct 29 by Darran

Yes I think we're currently having a very good season and Garry is doing a great job.
Now id appreciate it if you can stop stalking me.

Wow!!

Quite a summary - You've missed your vocation

The Official Liverpool v Swansea City Matchday Thread on 12:27 - Oct 29 with 1229 viewsSpratty

I would say that is a remarkable conversion from someone who publicly stated he did not want Garry anywhere near our club as manager.

Fair play, to change your position so dramatically, even though such an initial view was extreme (when it would to me have seemed fair to me and many others to judge him on his abilities against other readily available candidates).

It is ironic that coverts can it is true often seem the most zealous against even the mildest form of seeming dissent.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024