Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Preston review. 17:19 - Nov 1 with 9188 views442Dale

Brilliant display. What stood out the most was how well we defended, especially at set pieces when that 'orrible elbower of doom Davies came on.

That we didn't miss Allen illustrated the effectiveness of yet another Hill tactical masterstroke as he employed the in-vogue midfield diamond.

Done and Henderson scared them to death with their runs, even from long balls forward and goal kicks when Henderson stood 20 yards behind their back four and ran back past their retreating defenders. Wiseman was all over the place by the end, he didn't want the ball coming anywhere near him.

Logan's easily up there with Heaton and Hahnemann as the safest keeper we've ever had. Was almost confident that he'd save that penalty (that and the strange booking for O'Connell were the only errors by a ref who managed the game really well). We can't afford to keep Logan at this level, but that's at this level....

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Preston review. on 17:21 - Nov 1 with 5065 viewsSalwaDale

You've missed out Keith Welch.

TBBT

Preston review. on 17:29 - Nov 1 with 4959 views442Dale

Preston review. on 17:21 - Nov 1 by SalwaDale

You've missed out Keith Welch.

Much safer.

One other thing: that's halfway to safety points wise. After 15 games.

And one more thing: stop sending messages to your mateys on the radio, Chaff.

Preston review. on 17:31 - Nov 1 with 4930 viewsSalwaDale

Preston review. on 17:29 - Nov 1 by 442Dale

Much safer.

One other thing: that's halfway to safety points wise. After 15 games.

And one more thing: stop sending messages to your mateys on the radio, Chaff.

I thought that too when I looked at the table.

TBBT

Preston review. on 17:49 - Nov 1 with 4783 viewsShun

Great match and a great performance. I run out of superlatives watching the little individual shows of talent, passion, trickery, tenacity, etc.

Logan was fantastic again but there were quite a few MOM candidates. I'd have given it to Done. I don't think he's ever stood still in his life. Defenders must hate him, he's like one of those annoying wasps buzzing about that you can never seem to swat away when you're trying to eat a jam sandwich. Having said that, should our third goal really have counted? It was directly in front of me and I'm sure the keeper had it in both hands! Maybe it was just the one.

A special mention for Dawson. I can barely remember a player who's come into an already good team and cemented his position as a regular with such ease.
Preston review. on 17:51 - Nov 1 with 4756 viewsD_Alien

For the first 20 minutes, Preston played with all the confidence of a team on an unbeaten run and seemingly destined for the championship, which they may well still be because make no mistake, this was a very good team we turned over today.

The difference between today and most of our previous home games? Preston came to attack and we're essentially a counter-attacking outfit. In some respects it was like playing away, and once we'd got a foothold in the game we actually looked comfortable and fully deserved the victory, even if the scoreline was a little flattering.

I know I bang on about Hery, but it was his trickery in midfield which gave us the foothold. First off, he created a chance for himself with a one-two with Rose (who also had a very good game). He then retained possession when surrounded by the Preston pack which led to the free kick from which we took the lead. And he had a hand in the move from which Rhys found Hendo to put Preston to the sword. But I'm not just singling him out, because every player today played superbly and these are seriously heady times to be supporting Dale.

Fourth place, ahead by goal difference of five teams on 26 pts. A 6000 gate and if there is ever an answer to the question of "How do we get more people supporting the Dale" then its to do what we did today and send the non-regulars home with a huge smile on their face!

[Post edited 1 Nov 2014 17:57]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Preston review. on 17:57 - Nov 1 with 4653 views442Dale

Preston review. on 17:51 - Nov 1 by D_Alien

For the first 20 minutes, Preston played with all the confidence of a team on an unbeaten run and seemingly destined for the championship, which they may well still be because make no mistake, this was a very good team we turned over today.

The difference between today and most of our previous home games? Preston came to attack and we're essentially a counter-attacking outfit. In some respects it was like playing away, and once we'd got a foothold in the game we actually looked comfortable and fully deserved the victory, even if the scoreline was a little flattering.

I know I bang on about Hery, but it was his trickery in midfield which gave us the foothold. First off, he created a chance for himself with a one-two with Rose (who also had a very good game). He then retained possession when surrounded by the Preston pack which led to the free kick from which we took the lead. And he had a hand in the move from which Rhys found Hendo to put Preston to the sword. But I'm not just singling him out, because every player today played superbly and these are seriously heady times to be supporting Dale.

Fourth place, ahead by goal difference of five teams on 26 pts. A 6000 gate and if there is ever an answer to the question of "How do we get more people supporting the Dale" then its to do what we did today and send the non-regulars home with a huge smile on their face!

Away following was 2844 according their forum, so over 3200 home fans which is excellent. Hopefully they'll all be back for the Doncaster game and then a few more than that v Oldham where 8k has to be the aim (form permitting)

Preston review. on 18:01 - Nov 1 with 4585 views100notout

Agree with all of that D_Alien apart from the scoreline - don't think it was flattering at all. Thought a 3 goal difference was fully deserved.

Great to be a Dale fan and very proud of them all

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Preston review. on 18:07 - Nov 1 with 4510 viewsnordenblue

The double turn when Hery got clattered was worth the entrance fee alone, the boy had a blinder today, Dawson was an absolute machine today but don't let whitey know as he's shit really
Login to get fewer ads

Preston review. on 18:11 - Nov 1 with 4463 views442Dale

Preston review. on 18:07 - Nov 1 by nordenblue

The double turn when Hery got clattered was worth the entrance fee alone, the boy had a blinder today, Dawson was an absolute machine today but don't let whitey know as he's shit really

Dawson fits this team really well at the moment, can play a number of roles and presses high up the pitch which suits us down to the ground.

Tell you what, that was as bad as I've seen Scott Wiseman play today. He looked scared to death with every ball that went behind him, surprised they left him on.

Preston review. on 18:13 - Nov 1 with 4435 viewsSaxonDale

First win of the season for me but it was well worth the wait!

I thought we were absolutely superb today and 7/8 players could have been named M.O.M. I thought the first 20 minutes were shaded by Preston and then after we got our goal we never looked like losing. It shows the importance of being able to score and defend set pieces at this level as the first goal changed the game in our favour, as has often been the opposite in other games. So many great performances by the players it would be impossible to list them all but special mentions to Bennett's delivery for Henderson's goal, Lund's defensive headers in the second half and of course Logan's save following the worst penalty decision seen for donkey's years. Time to start dreaming.
Preston review. on 18:17 - Nov 1 with 4372 viewsYouTubeDale

Our TEAM spirit is SO strong. If we only had team spirit we could do well, but add to that skill, know-how, outstanding fitness, strategy, and determination, etc, etc and you get a TEAM that will get a play-off place. This game just confirmed, yet again, that we are real play-off contenders.

PNE came in party atmosphere, as the usual "big" teams do, and were sent away bitterly bruised with their tail between their legs. "We've got more fans than you" was sung back at the PNE supporters by the Sandy...as most of the PNE fans left well before the end...in embarrassment.

We wanted it far more than they did. Every Dale player fought for the ball, and once in possession did something positive with it, for the most part. For me, it was very hard to pick a MOM because that was yet another TEAM performance. And yet again it was Logan himself who earned us that clean sheet. Before Garner hit the ball we all had a good feeling Logan would save the penalty. He has a presence. He outwits his opponent and then executes his flying save to perfection...oh what I would give to see this man as a permanent signing !!! (Full respect to Lillis though)

And so we are left beaming with pride and wondering if we will get to the Championship for the first time in our history. What odds now ???? Surely we won over the hearts and minds of many a casual supporter today and collected many thousands of pounds from the defeated PNE.

What a TEAM !!!!

Up the Dale !!!!!

See you in Northampton.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2014 19:02]

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Preston review. on 18:31 - Nov 1 with 4252 viewsDale1990

Match report:

1st min - garner dived
3rd min - garner dived
6th min - garner dived etc etc
Preston review. on 18:33 - Nov 1 with 4236 viewsDevonDale

Preston review. on 18:31 - Nov 1 by Dale1990

Match report:

1st min - garner dived
3rd min - garner dived
6th min - garner dived etc etc

Even some of the Preston fans on their forum wish he wouldn't keep going to ground so easily!
Preston review. on 18:33 - Nov 1 with 4231 viewsTVOS1907

Preston review. on 17:57 - Nov 1 by 442Dale

Away following was 2844 according their forum, so over 3200 home fans which is excellent. Hopefully they'll all be back for the Doncaster game and then a few more than that v Oldham where 8k has to be the aim (form permitting)

2839, according to Dale's office.

Don't tell PaleDale.
[Post edited 1 Nov 2014 18:41]

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Preston review. on 19:03 - Nov 1 with 4028 views1mark1

Brilliant performance and win. Fantastic defending from the whole team when required to, and brilliant going forward. So proud of the team today. My MOM probably Bastian but could of been any one, especially O'Connell who did marshal so well the superb defence.

UP THE DALE

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Preston review. on 19:10 - Nov 1 with 3987 viewsdebbiesfella

Preston review. on 18:33 - Nov 1 by DevonDale

Even some of the Preston fans on their forum wish he wouldn't keep going to ground so easily!

Had to laugh on their forum.
1st Fan, I could understand it if we lost to a big team but ROCHDALE.
2nd Fan Don't know if you've noticed ROCHDALE are a big team they're 4th.
Preston review. on 19:35 - Nov 1 with 3869 viewsD_Dale

Preston review. on 18:11 - Nov 1 by 442Dale

Dawson fits this team really well at the moment, can play a number of roles and presses high up the pitch which suits us down to the ground.

Tell you what, that was as bad as I've seen Scott Wiseman play today. He looked scared to death with every ball that went behind him, surprised they left him on.

Credit to Scott Wiseman (and Dale supporters) that he tweeted 'like to thank the @officiallydale fans for the reception on and off the field'.

As for Logan, I think it's the case that since finishing a loan spell at Rotherham at the end of December 2011, he played in only one senior match (for Leicester in the league cup) before coming to Dale. Great that he kept up his confidence and fitness during those 30-odd months.
Preston review. on 19:37 - Nov 1 with 3846 viewsTVOS1907

Preston review. on 19:35 - Nov 1 by D_Dale

Credit to Scott Wiseman (and Dale supporters) that he tweeted 'like to thank the @officiallydale fans for the reception on and off the field'.

As for Logan, I think it's the case that since finishing a loan spell at Rotherham at the end of December 2011, he played in only one senior match (for Leicester in the league cup) before coming to Dale. Great that he kept up his confidence and fitness during those 30-odd months.

Whitey should retweet that.

'Wisey' was in the bar after the game and in deep conversation with Lillis on the car park afterwards.

Meanwhile, Buchanan was knocking on a door on Willbutts Lane with a pizza in his hand. Moonlighting as a delivery man, maybe?

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Preston review. on 19:38 - Nov 1 with 3831 viewsYouTubeDale

Post match interview Keith insisting that Done and Henderson are not strikers but midfield players and that the victory was not lucky but deserved.

Preston review. on 19:40 - Nov 1 with 3791 views442Dale

Preston review. on 19:37 - Nov 1 by TVOS1907

Whitey should retweet that.

'Wisey' was in the bar after the game and in deep conversation with Lillis on the car park afterwards.

Meanwhile, Buchanan was knocking on a door on Willbutts Lane with a pizza in his hand. Moonlighting as a delivery man, maybe?

Welcome back deep pan pepperoni.

Preston review. on 19:42 - Nov 1 with 3780 viewsnordenblue

Preston review. on 18:33 - Nov 1 by DevonDale

Dont know why players like that do it, that Campbell Ryce fella for Sheff Utd tore us to bits but would have done far more damage had he stopped diving all the time, Garner today was just like a spoilt child everytime something didnt go his way, quite laughably stroppy
Preston review. on 19:49 - Nov 1 with 3709 viewsYouTubeDale

Sky Sports :

The Lilywhites had won their previous eight games but came unstuck against a Dale side with just two wins on home turf before this clash.

"Nine or 10 of their players were better than ours," said Grayson.

"To sum the day up, you don't expect your leading scorer to miss a penalty and that's the first time we've not scored this year."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11697/9545336/grayson-that-was-tough

Preston review. on 19:54 - Nov 1 with 3657 views442Dale

Preston review. on 19:49 - Nov 1 by YouTubeDale

Sky Sports :

The Lilywhites had won their previous eight games but came unstuck against a Dale side with just two wins on home turf before this clash.

"Nine or 10 of their players were better than ours," said Grayson.

"To sum the day up, you don't expect your leading scorer to miss a penalty and that's the first time we've not scored this year."

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11697/9545336/grayson-that-was-tough

Kevin Allarms: http://www.pnefc.net/news/article/kevin-davies-we-will-dust-ourselves-down-and-m

"we’ve come up against a very good side who punished us and made it a very difficult afternoon for us."

Preston review. on 20:00 - Nov 1 with 3589 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Preston review. on 19:54 - Nov 1 by 442Dale

Kevin Allarms: http://www.pnefc.net/news/article/kevin-davies-we-will-dust-ourselves-down-and-m

"we’ve come up against a very good side who punished us and made it a very difficult afternoon for us."

When BIg Kev came on he got PNE moving for a time and we were under a bit for a while,but we rode it and got ourselves going with a route-one third goal.....after that PNE and Big Kev were a spent force!

Luv it!
Preston review. on 20:23 - Nov 1 with 3430 viewsR17ALE

Preston review. on 19:10 - Nov 1 by debbiesfella

Had to laugh on their forum.
1st Fan, I could understand it if we lost to a big team but ROCHDALE.
2nd Fan Don't know if you've noticed ROCHDALE are a big team they're 4th.

Bizarrely, you could argue our deadliest weapon is the little old Rochdale tag. I wish every team and its fans see v Rochdale and think, "Oh good, 3 points today".

When we lose this weapon we might also lose our sting in the tail.

That Oldham thread shows Latics fans have already fallen into the same trap.

As a result, if I'm right, the Northampton match might be much harder than we think.

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024