Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic 12:17 - Jan 4 with 52605 viewsexiledclaseboy

Apparently. Cue a few days of outraged reaction until Oldham change their mind.

Poll: Tory leader

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 20:20 - Jan 4 with 2216 viewsJBT95

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 16:11 - Jan 4 by Darran

He might have had a better chance when he came out if he'd started by apologising for the events on the night.

Why would he apologise for something he says he didn't do?

He would never win his appeal if he did that.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2015 20:21]
Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 20:23 - Jan 4 with 2204 viewsJBT95

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 16:17 - Jan 4 by acejack3065

Could he resume his career if he were a teacher or a doctor?

No.

Why on earth should he be allowed to continue his very privileged, handsomely paid, somewhat influential career?

Because he's been to prison?

But he isn't a teacher or a doctor so it's a pointless arguement.

He doesn't have to be in contact with the public. Footballers don't sign up to be role models. Should footballers who take drugs be banned for life too? What about those that have fights in nightclubs?

Is rape in football such a 'he should be shot' subject because sex is a taboo subject?
[Post edited 4 Jan 2015 20:24]
Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 20:23 - Jan 4 with 2202 viewsDarran

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 20:20 - Jan 4 by JBT95

Why would he apologise for something he says he didn't do?

He would never win his appeal if he did that.
[Post edited 4 Jan 2015 20:21]

Read what I said you thick tw*t.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 20:26 - Jan 4 with 2197 viewsJBT95

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 20:23 - Jan 4 by Darran

Yes 'apologising for events on the night'. If he did that it could look as if he is guilty.
Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 20:28 - Jan 4 with 2184 viewsjackonicko

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 20:17 - Jan 4 by NOTRAC

The jury decided that she was not drunk enough not to be capable of choosing to have sex withClayton McDonald but that she was drunk enough not to be capable of choosing to have sex with Evans.
How they could determine that has to be a mystery as she herself said that she couldn't remember agreeing to have sex with either of them.

I suspect it is less of a mystery to the 12 members of the jury who, y'know, heard all of the evidence presented. Unless you happened to be one of them, I'm sure they know more than you do.

You can't appeal the jury decision on the same evidence presented. They made a decision based on all of the evidence, and you can't appeal that. The Court of Appeal has already dismissed an application that the Jury were improperly directed by the Judge too.

We'll have to wait and see whether the defence team have uncovered any new evidence for another ground for appeal. There is nothing on the Ched Evans webite yet that suggests they will have much success, just a lot of smear and innuendo. But until that appears, Ched is just a convicted rapist out on licence and I certainly don't want him anywhere near Swansea City.
Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 20:33 - Jan 4 with 2175 viewsDarran

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 20:26 - Jan 4 by JBT95

Yes 'apologising for events on the night'. If he did that it could look as if he is guilty.

No it wouldn't if it was worded properly with him saying he didn't believe it was rape and he was now going to fight to get the rape conviction overturned.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 20:41 - Jan 4 with 2161 viewsApeShit

There is a petition against him signing for Oldham, and according to the Independent its "one of the fastest growing ever"

http://i100.independent.co.uk/article/petition-against-oldham-signing-ched-evans
Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 21:03 - Jan 4 with 2129 viewsJBT95

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 20:33 - Jan 4 by Darran

No it wouldn't if it was worded properly with him saying he didn't believe it was rape and he was now going to fight to get the rape conviction overturned.

Even if worded properly the courts / people would find a way of saying he did it.
Login to get fewer ads

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 21:18 - Jan 4 with 2107 viewslibertyx

There is a difference in what happened with the 2 men.

The girl willingly went back to the hotel with Clayton,which was obviously for sex. That does not mean that his mates and whoever feels like it, can can then come uninvited into the room and have sex with her, especially as she was drunk.
Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 21:29 - Jan 4 with 2081 viewsNOTRAC

So every girl that goes to a hotel with a man is going back for sex.
There would be a lot of men in prison if they thought that.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 21:31 - Jan 4 with 2074 viewsParlay

Comparing footballers to doctors and teachers ffs

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 21:44 - Jan 4 with 2047 viewsQuakerJack

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 18:02 - Jan 4 by blaine_scfc

Aren't they fast tracking his appeal? I'm pretty sure I know which way it's going to go.

If he gets off they'll be queuing up to sign him. They're already queuing and risking reputation etc. He'll be like Tom Ince if he gets off.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 21:49 - Jan 4 with 2039 viewslibertyx

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 21:29 - Jan 4 by NOTRAC

So every girl that goes to a hotel with a man is going back for sex.
There would be a lot of men in prison if they thought that.

Please read what I said. The girl concerned went back willingly to his hotel room for whatever,and I believe that is why Clayton was found not guilty.of rape. I may be totally wrong but that to me is the difference

No way did I say that every girl that goes to a hotel with a man is going back for sex,so try not to twist my words.
Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 22:04 - Jan 4 with 2018 viewsQuakerJack

SSN saying he's training with Oldham tomorrow.

Poll: Some scummer on the anus board reckons 80% of us want them to go down. so... do

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 22:14 - Jan 4 with 2003 viewsItchySphincter

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 13:25 - Jan 4 by QuakerJack

He was a half decent league one striker, nothing more. And that was before he took a few years out for being a rapist. What's to say he's any better than conference standard and why take a risk and get all that flack for a player who may be of little use...

IIRC he was prolific and coming in to the form of his like. Way better than L1 standard.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 22:17 - Jan 4 with 1999 viewsAJ101

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 13:25 - Jan 4 by QuakerJack

He was a half decent league one striker, nothing more. And that was before he took a few years out for being a rapist. What's to say he's any better than conference standard and why take a risk and get all that flack for a player who may be of little use...

Possibly a feeling of there is only one thing worse than being talked about and that is NOT being talked about by the clubs.
Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 22:43 - Jan 4 with 1957 viewsUxbridge

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 18:28 - Jan 4 by jackrabbit

There was a massive thread debating his guilt/innocence a few months ago. It eventually disappeared up its own arse, so not wanting to retrieve or revive it, I just want to say that this is not an open/shut, he's guilty innit, clear cut, no-more-to-be-said type of case. His verdict was as dodgy as a Rolex watch for sale on a Thai beach. If ever there was an unsafe verdict, this was it. I just hope that there is a fair and open review of the case to go with his appeal and that it is rescinded. Meanwhile let him practice his trade ffs without the lynch mob in attendance.

You really think this is the most unsafe verdict you've ever seen? Blimey.

He's not innocent until proven guilty. He's been proven guilty. Some people with a very imperfect knowledge of the evidence might like to overlook that, but it doesn't make it less so.

As such, I wouldn't want a convicted rapist at my club. Hell I wouldn't want us employing anyone who, as part of the terms of his liberty, wasn't allowed in the same room as kids. That's just my moral line though, and I wouldn't dream of forcing that on Oldham. If they want to employ him that's their issue.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 23:16 - Jan 4 with 1914 viewsjackrabbit

"You really think this is the most unsafe verdict you've ever seen? Blimey. "

Where did I say that?

Just shows how facts can be twisted or nuanced to fit in with a predetermined perspective. Read the facts of what transpired that night, apply the benefit of experience from having lived on this planet for several decades and been aware of how young people of both sexes react to alcohol, then see if you come to the stark conclusion that what probably actually happened was that a woman acceded to a gang bang, which she instantly regretted on sobering up. That's depraved, sleazy and immoral, but rape? No way Jose.
Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 23:31 - Jan 4 with 1883 viewsskippyjack

Life isn't fair.. f*ck him.. nobody will give me a job.. yet this criminal is allowed an easy ride.. where is my easy ride?.. where is my equality?.. why does he deserve a chance? Why can't I have a chance?.. you're all walking contradictions.. I'm not making the same mistakes you've all made.. 'thickies'

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 23:34 - Jan 4 with 1875 viewsskippyjack

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 20:23 - Jan 4 by Darran

He's a student Darran.. he'll only gain a mediocre degree.. unless he changes his views.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 23:55 - Jan 4 with 1851 viewsskippyjack

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 17:36 - Jan 4 by swancity

Let the man get on with his life and if that involves kicking a football around a pitch to earn a living then so be it. it's really that simple. Or at least it should be.

He was found guilty. He was punished now move on. He will have to live with it for the rest of his life which is punishment enough.

I worry for this country.. with people like this in it.. genuine concerns.. he's not very 'bright'.

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 07:07 - Jan 5 with 1777 viewsGlyn1

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 16:50 - Jan 4 by Shaky

I don't want to reopen old wounds but my position is this: First of all I don't believe the case was proved beyond reasonable doubt and think there is a relatively high probability the conviction will now be overturned.

Secondly, even accepting the premise of events that convicted Evans, this is a relatively mild case of rape on the spectrum for example without any suggestion of violence whatsoever. Arguing that all instances of rape are equally serious is like saying stealing an apple from the greengrocers is the same as the Brink's-Matt Security heist.

Finally saying that because he couldn't work if he were employed in certain other professions is totally irrelevant, m'lud.

I've never heard of a 'mild case of rape' before. How does it apply in this case?

12 jurors spent a lot of time listening to the evidence, and I'm prepared to believe that they came to an honest conclusion. The fact that you are prejudiced in his favour without hearing all of the evidence is irrelevant.

"... is like saying stealing an apple from the greengrocers is the same as the Brink's-Matt Security heist." At least we agree about that, because the first is considered to be very much worse. In the London riots a few years ago, people who stole a bottle of water got a prison sentence that will affect their employment prospects for years. The banker in charge of RBS (Sir Fred Godwin) was allowed to retire with a £300,000 p.a. pension. He made the Brinks-Matt robbers look like amateurs. (I hope the Great Train Robbers advised their sons to become bankers - more money, less risk.)
[Post edited 5 Jan 2015 7:09]

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 09:15 - Jan 5 with 1716 viewsmonmouth

Its a shame this thread didn't stop after the OP. bang on the money by the look of things.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 17:16 - Jan 5 with 1628 viewswaynekerr55

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR3Z9f5GAL35ctKSLKs8jsV9ZNj9sSB2HRa9GvaK

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 17:18 - Jan 5 with 1622 viewsskippyjack

Ched Evans to Oldham Athletic on 17:16 - Jan 5 by waynekerr55

http://t0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR3Z9f5GAL35ctKSLKs8jsV9ZNj9sSB2HRa9GvaK

F*ck me.. I haven't had a 1st one.. never mind a 2nd..

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024