Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mansion Tax 19:40 - Mar 28 with 9428 viewsunion_jack

Not sure how much sympathy i will get here, but Labour's proposal of a mansion tax is a cheap shot IMO.

Have they not heard of 'asset rich, cash poor?'

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Mansion Tax on 21:11 - Mar 29 with 1919 viewsskippyjack

Mansion Tax on 20:56 - Mar 29 by exiledclaseboy

Yes. I do.

That paragraph has clearly stated you don't.. But carry on thinking you do.. That paragraph has exposed your level of political nous.. Slipped up with that paragraph ECB.

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Mansion Tax on 21:14 - Mar 29 with 1911 viewsexiledclaseboy

Mansion Tax on 21:11 - Mar 29 by skippyjack

That paragraph has clearly stated you don't.. But carry on thinking you do.. That paragraph has exposed your level of political nous.. Slipped up with that paragraph ECB.

Listen, Skip, I'm not really allowed to talk to you but seeing as you've instigated it, I live on earth, you live on Planet Skippy. I'm comfortable with the experiences I've had and the knowledge I've gleaned. I'm even more comfortable that you think you know more than me. That's fine if it gives you comfort.

Poll: Tory leader

Mansion Tax on 21:44 - Mar 29 with 1885 viewsskippyjack

Mansion Tax on 21:14 - Mar 29 by exiledclaseboy

Listen, Skip, I'm not really allowed to talk to you but seeing as you've instigated it, I live on earth, you live on Planet Skippy. I'm comfortable with the experiences I've had and the knowledge I've gleaned. I'm even more comfortable that you think you know more than me. That's fine if it gives you comfort.

Someone said to stop talking to me?.. Why?.. Skippyland? Is it a civil servant thing to patronise everyone?.. How is it suicide ECB?.. I'm intrigued.. I'm sure a lot of rich benefactors would love a home in the Capital.. Who can afford that extra %..

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Mansion Tax on 21:59 - Mar 29 with 1872 viewsPozuelosSideys

Mansion Tax on 20:16 - Mar 29 by londonlisa2001

Exactly right.

By the way - it is interesting that Clegg (who first proposed this) lives in a house that has been valued at £1.9m. Strange that.

Cameron's house is also valued at about £1.9m (according to the papers). So it's really catching the buggers that should be caught isn't it.

The fairer solution would be to tax all the no doms in London that buy up property causing prices to rise beyond all reason. Tax them to the hilt. A straight 40% or 45% or whatever on ALL income. But no, it's easier to catch out people that, however stupid to the rest of the country it may seem, may live in expensive houses, but are not wealthy people.

And yet, in most of the country, you can genuinely live in a mansion that may be valued at say £1m. In London, I live in a terraced house and it's worth twice that. It's not a big house, it's just because of where it is. And, incidentally, the property around here is worth a bomb largely because of the influx of the French (for the proximity to the Lycee) who are buying houses for cash like there's no tomorrow, to avoid the 75% tax rates in France. Fanf**ingtastic.

Ooooh somebody lives in Earls Court, fancy! ;)

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Mansion Tax on 12:58 - Mar 30 with 1809 viewstomdickharry

How many of the poor would if they won say £5M on the Lottery would care too hoots about the rest of the poor.
Mansion Tax on 13:46 - Mar 30 with 1795 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Mansion Tax on 12:58 - Mar 30 by tomdickharry

How many of the poor would if they won say £5M on the Lottery would care too hoots about the rest of the poor.

This sums it all up

Watch the video

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Mansion Tax on 14:25 - Mar 30 with 1771 viewslondonlisa2001

Mansion Tax on 21:59 - Mar 29 by PozuelosSideys

Ooooh somebody lives in Earls Court, fancy! ;)

ha ha - no not Earls Court (not being an Aussie) !! Close though, but W14 rather than SW5 so the other side of Ken High Street ;-)
Mansion Tax on 22:30 - Mar 30 with 1724 viewstrampie

Oh the old proposed mansion tax, if somebody lives in a £2 million plus property lets say in London and does not want other parts of the UK [typically rural parts] to have more funding per head lets say Scotland or Wales, so that as a consequence of having the same funding the people in those rural parts of Scotland and Wales will have poor infrastructure and poor public services due to the greater expense of providing services to a sparse population with greater travelling distances involved.
Then you will find not just the young tending to move looking for work but other people moving to the smoke as well to be closer to facilities causing property prices to rise in those urban areas and the decimation of rural communities.

But then when those very people that would not agree to rural areas getting more per head spent on them, when they then retire and are no longer cash rich but have a rich asset in the form of their house/flat they might have to sell up as they cant afford the tax and move to a rural area that might be very nice, clean air, peaceful, less crime etc etc but not have the services available that perhaps people living in the smoke have.

Poetic justice or what ?
[Post edited 30 Mar 2015 22:38]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

Login to get fewer ads

Mansion Tax on 22:35 - Mar 30 with 1715 viewsPozuelosSideys

Mansion Tax on 14:25 - Mar 30 by londonlisa2001

ha ha - no not Earls Court (not being an Aussie) !! Close though, but W14 rather than SW5 so the other side of Ken High Street ;-)

Ha, if i lived anywhere near High St Ken, id keep that well quiet on here. given the nature o fthis thread, i suspect most of the posters would think youre the devil!

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Mansion Tax on 22:49 - Mar 30 with 1691 viewslondonlisa2001

Mansion Tax on 22:35 - Mar 30 by PozuelosSideys

Ha, if i lived anywhere near High St Ken, id keep that well quiet on here. given the nature o fthis thread, i suspect most of the posters would think youre the devil!

My saving grace is that I literally live on the wrong side of the tracks!! Anyone that knows this part of London will know that there is a railway line running parallel to Holland Road (the line the 'Nuclear Train' runs on) - one side is the Royal Borough, the other side is where I live ... So it's Hammersmith rather than Kensington !!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024