Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lillis or Jones? 10:10 - Apr 22 with 2698 viewsdingdangblue

Choice for Hill to make now after last nights win, clean sheet and safe enough performance. Distribution better last night also with his long kicks hitting Vincenti and Andrew when he came on.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Lillis or Jones? on 10:12 - Apr 22 with 2683 viewsfitzochris

How to MK Dons play? Which of the two keepers are best placed to deal with it?

That's who should start.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Lillis or Jones? on 10:12 - Apr 22 with 2682 views442Dale

Lillis every time. Jones isn't a better keeper, Lillis is ours and his confidence is better than when he was understandable left out. The distribution thing is the main reason.

Fitzo: I'm not sure there's anything Jones is that much better at than Lillis which would make him stand out whoever we're facing.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2015 10:13]

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Lillis or Jones? on 10:34 - Apr 22 with 2612 viewsfitzochris

Lillis or Jones? on 10:12 - Apr 22 by 442Dale

Lillis every time. Jones isn't a better keeper, Lillis is ours and his confidence is better than when he was understandable left out. The distribution thing is the main reason.

Fitzo: I'm not sure there's anything Jones is that much better at than Lillis which would make him stand out whoever we're facing.

I can't really comment. I've only seen Jones play once.

I just think Hill should pick the side that is best placed to deal with the opposition, no matter what the position.

If there's nowt between Jones and Lillis on that score, fair enough.

Lillis or Jones? on 10:39 - Apr 22 with 2587 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Two games to go,if Lillis is prefered and we have our kid as back up,let Jones go back to PNE and save some ££.

Jones was never here to stay......but thanks anyway.
Lillis or Jones? on 11:09 - Apr 22 with 2533 viewszxcvbnm

Lillis or Jones? on 10:12 - Apr 22 by 442Dale

I think Jones is the better keeper, but to be fair to Lillis a clean sheet, decent saves at Gillingham. I'd stick with Lillis

Poll: Best loanee keeper

Lillis or Jones? on 12:40 - Apr 22 with 2410 viewsDickydaler

I was always of the opinion that Lillis should never have been dropped in the first place. This has been reinforced in nearly every match that I've seen Jones play in. There is no doubt that Logan was superb when he was with us and perhaps this made Lillis look a bit ordinary at times. But as someone else said, 'he is ours', and I will be very disappointed if he doesn't get the nod for the final two games.
Lillis or Jones? on 14:38 - Apr 22 with 2309 viewsToffeemanc

Got to be Lillis for me.

The only thing Jones seems to be better at is coming for crosses and he has flapped at a few as well, Josh has also got better at coming for crosses in recent appearances.
For me Lillis is a far better shot stopper and his distribution is way above Jones.
If you look at the goals conceded by Jones the ball goes under/through him to regularly, usually down to him being slow to get down. Look at the highlights from Swindon last week, two of the goals the ball was past him before he had fully dived. He is also regularly out of/in wrong position.

Let Jones go back to Preston, Lillis much better and I'd rather have Diba as back up.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Lillis or Jones? on 14:50 - Apr 22 with 2285 viewsfitzochris

Lillis or Jones? on 14:38 - Apr 22 by Toffeemanc

Got to be Lillis for me.

The only thing Jones seems to be better at is coming for crosses and he has flapped at a few as well, Josh has also got better at coming for crosses in recent appearances.
For me Lillis is a far better shot stopper and his distribution is way above Jones.
If you look at the goals conceded by Jones the ball goes under/through him to regularly, usually down to him being slow to get down. Look at the highlights from Swindon last week, two of the goals the ball was past him before he had fully dived. He is also regularly out of/in wrong position.

Let Jones go back to Preston, Lillis much better and I'd rather have Diba as back up.

This season, I've seen Logan, Lillis and Jones play in goal. I can't really judge Jones, because it was the Port Vale game and he wasn't exactly overworked.

Logan had the potential to be the best keeper I've ever seen for us, I reckon (and I include some good keepers in there like Gilks, Edwards and Gray). Such a shame his injury curtailed his loan - and I echo everyone who hopes he will sign for us permanently in the summer.

That said, I've never felt overly critical of Lillis. I remember I was happy when he signed for us after him previously being with us on loan. I think he does a good job overall, albeit being guilty, as are most keeper at this level, of the odd howler.

It may be that this season he has been guilty of more howlers than previously, but I've not seen as many games as usual this season, so my judgement is skewed.
[Post edited 22 Apr 2015 14:51]

Login to get fewer ads

Lillis or Jones? on 18:00 - Apr 25 with 1986 viewsToffeemanc

Is there anyone on here who still believes after today that Jones is the better keeper?

Should never have come back into the team. The third goal was frankly embarrassing. I also believe Josh would have saved at least two of today's goals because he is a far better shot stopper than Jones. If Jones is selected to play at Barnsley next week then Lillis may as well look for another club because it will be clear he isn't in Hills plans going forward. If he doesn't select Lillis next week I would rather he gives Diba a game than see another piss poor performance from Jones.

Poll: Now the club has refused to move on sesaon ticket prices what will you now do?

Lillis or Jones? on 18:45 - Apr 25 with 1854 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Lillis or Jones? on 18:00 - Apr 25 by Toffeemanc

Is there anyone on here who still believes after today that Jones is the better keeper?

Should never have come back into the team. The third goal was frankly embarrassing. I also believe Josh would have saved at least two of today's goals because he is a far better shot stopper than Jones. If Jones is selected to play at Barnsley next week then Lillis may as well look for another club because it will be clear he isn't in Hills plans going forward. If he doesn't select Lillis next week I would rather he gives Diba a game than see another piss poor performance from Jones.

Agree......poor decision to play Jones today......did nowt special.

Cost us a point at least.
Lillis or Jones? on 18:47 - Apr 25 with 1838 viewsdingdangblue

Might as well give Diba a game next Sunday. Jones not great today - you could see how gutted everyone was when that 3rd went ending our chances. Even the shot against the post early on looked close enough to him to have got hands on. Hopefully Logan rumours are true and he's coming back next season.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Lillis or Jones? on 19:02 - Apr 25 with 1773 viewsDickydaler

I can only think that Lillis and Hill are not getting on at the moment. A very poor decision not to have started Josh today. Jones has been a weak link in nearly every game he has played. I honestly believe the decision to continue to play Jones has cost us the play offs.
Lillis or Jones? on 19:09 - Apr 25 with 1742 viewsD_Alien

People are being far too dramatic in claiming that this decision or another "has cost us the playoffs". We are where we are because of our overall performances during the season. And where we are is a bloody brilliant place for Rochdale AFC to be right now, with power to add next season. Plus, the lads will get a full break during the close season, instead of stretching themselves possibly beyond breaking point for such a young squad.

Would I take a playoff place? Yes. Am I downhearted about us not making it? Not in the least. Please, let's all just get real, and anyone who was at the game today can surely see why we need another season to be ready for that level.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2015 19:14]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Lillis or Jones? on 19:12 - Apr 25 with 1718 viewsdingdangblue

Lillis or Jones? on 19:09 - Apr 25 by D_Alien

People are being far too dramatic in claiming that this decision or another "has cost us the playoffs". We are where we are because of our overall performances during the season. And where we are is a bloody brilliant place for Rochdale AFC to be right now, with power to add next season. Plus, the lads will get a full break during the close season, instead of stretching themselves possibly beyond breaking point for such a young squad.

Would I take a playoff place? Yes. Am I downhearted about us not making it? Not in the least. Please, let's all just get real, and anyone who was at the game today can surely see why we need another season to be ready for that level.

Logan, O'Connell, Dawson, Done all still here and fit and we make the play offs. Hopefully we'll have 2 of them at the start of next season.
[Post edited 25 Apr 2015 19:12]

Lillis or Jones? on 19:12 - Apr 25 with 1718 viewsTVOS1907

Lillis or Jones? on 19:09 - Apr 25 by D_Alien

Good post.

You could also argue Camps' miss at 0-1 was even more crucial than the third goal, but it's all a game of ifs and buts.

To be where we are is, to use a word Hill likes, superb.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Lillis or Jones? on 19:15 - Apr 25 with 1690 viewsdingdangblue

Lillis or Jones? on 19:12 - Apr 25 by TVOS1907

Good post.

You could also argue Camps' miss at 0-1 was even more crucial than the third goal, but it's all a game of ifs and buts.

To be where we are is, to use a word Hill likes, superb.

Camps will be having nightmares about that miss for a long time. A real Hero moment but ended up Zero. Such margins - just like the Swindon game make the difference.

Lillis or Jones? on 20:21 - Apr 25 with 1616 viewsArthurDaley

Lillis for me, think it s a bit harsh to blame Jones for their 3rd goal. Powell hammered it against Lancashire from close range, with Lancashire in front of Jones it just rolled over the line.

A large VAT Dave

Lillis or Jones? on 20:34 - Apr 25 with 1579 viewsWoowoodale

It went through Jones, yet more poor goalkeeping and if I was lillis I'd be pretty miffed that he was playing in front of me and wondering what the hell to do to get the place back even tho he is the better keeper of the 2
Lillis or Jones? on 20:38 - Apr 25 with 1559 viewsonedalefan

Lillis or Jones? on 20:34 - Apr 25 by Woowoodale

It went through Jones, yet more poor goalkeeping and if I was lillis I'd be pretty miffed that he was playing in front of me and wondering what the hell to do to get the place back even tho he is the better keeper of the 2

Felt he should have got something on their first goal as well. Appeared to go past his hand too easily.
Lillis or Jones? on 20:44 - Apr 25 with 1536 viewsdingdangblue

Lillis or Jones? on 20:38 - Apr 25 by onedalefan

Felt he should have got something on their first goal as well. Appeared to go past his hand too easily.

Similar to the one that hit the post - seemed to go too easily past his hand. Did he not want Preston to get promoted or summat!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024