Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. 21:40 - May 7 with 22691 viewsexiledclaseboy

Fill yer boots kids. Could be a long night.

Poll: Tory leader

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 06:06 - May 8 with 1398 viewsKilkennyjack

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 05:45 - May 8 by Dr_Winston

I'm not sure about the huge consequences part. It was only a few months ago that two thirds of the Scottish electorate failed to vote for independence. Giving Labour a bloody nose is one thing, having the will to cut the umbilical cord completely is another.

They may still do it eventually, but I wouldn't assume it's likely.

Clearly the massive vote for the SNP has nothing to do with Scotland wanting anything different at all. Ffs - Open your eyes and your mind, that man. Labours red Tory approach has crashed and burned. And slimey toxic Nick Clegg got exacty what he deserved. An anti austerity labour party would have offered a real choice.

Beware of the Risen People

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 06:09 - May 8 with 1389 viewsDr_Winston

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 06:06 - May 8 by Kilkennyjack

Clearly the massive vote for the SNP has nothing to do with Scotland wanting anything different at all. Ffs - Open your eyes and your mind, that man. Labours red Tory approach has crashed and burned. And slimey toxic Nick Clegg got exacty what he deserved. An anti austerity labour party would have offered a real choice.

Just over six months ago Scotland had the chance to have something different. They resoundingly voted no.

FFS etc.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 06:10 - May 8 with 1386 viewsDr_Winston

Galloway getting his arse handed to him is probably the first time I've ever celebrated a Labour victory.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 06:10 - May 8 with 1385 viewslondonlisa2001

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 06:06 - May 8 by Kilkennyjack

Don't forget though that every single person who wants an independent Scotland will vote SNP irrespective of any other political views they may have.

The 'No' people are split across Labour & Tory.

There is nothing to say that people who voted SNP are actually voting for 'anti austerity'. I know quite a few Scots who are pretty right wing but want independence and have voted SNP.

Agree re Clegg.
The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 06:12 - May 8 with 1373 viewslondonlisa2001

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 06:10 - May 8 by Dr_Winston

Galloway getting his arse handed to him is probably the first time I've ever celebrated a Labour victory.

He's looking more and more like Van Morrison :-)
The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 06:14 - May 8 with 1368 viewsKilkennyjack

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 06:12 - May 8 by londonlisa2001

He's looking more and more like Van Morrison :-)

Good shout

Beware of the Risen People

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 06:24 - May 8 with 1335 viewslondonlisa2001

One of the big fall outs from this result is surely the end to the obsession with polls in future elections?

The amount of money that has been spent on collecting what has essentially proved to be utterly useless information from a population that lies to the pollsters must be shocking.

I cannot see the point on two, three, four polls every day for weeks on end, for them all to be thrown out of the window the second the actual polls close.

I also hope that they force Paddy Ashdown onto the BBC to apologise to the people that did the exit polling. Condescending prat.

On a happy note, it gives me great joy to see Danny Alexander currently looking shell shocked - all those make over sessions seem to have had little impact.
The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 06:40 - May 8 with 1302 viewswaynekerr55

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 06:10 - May 8 by Dr_Winston

That'll be him back on talksport then 😂😂😂

I find it ironic that Vince Cable, the man who appeared to put up the biggest opposition to the Tories in a coalition lost his seat too

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Login to get fewer ads

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 06:44 - May 8 with 1290 viewsDr_Winston

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 06:40 - May 8 by waynekerr55

That'll be him back on talksport then 😂😂😂

I find it ironic that Vince Cable, the man who appeared to put up the biggest opposition to the Tories in a coalition lost his seat too

George will be all right. He's box office. Got no business being in Parliament though.

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 07:36 - May 8 with 1232 viewsepaul

If you think the last 5 years were bad under the coalition, itll have been a tea party compared to the next 5 under the tories. If your unemployed, poor, disabled, vulnerable, young, old worry now. Be prepared for the sell off of the NHS Be prepared for your working rights to be hammered.
We're f*ck ed
Voted tory shame on you. It goes to show how greedy society is and its all me me me

The hair and the beard have gone I am now conforming to society, tis a sad day The b*stards are coming back though

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 07:49 - May 8 with 1206 viewsCottsy

Make the most of your public services while you've still got them, they're not going to be around for much longer.

If man evolved from monkeys why do we still have monkeys?

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 08:02 - May 8 with 1188 viewsUxbridge

Wow.

The indicators were hinting at a Tory majority when I finally passed out but I didn't quite believe it.

As for Gower, good to see Labour get a bloody nose but did they really have to appoint an MP who has proven himself so utterly lazy during his stint in the Assembly?

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 08:13 - May 8 with 1175 viewsmitchwales

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 07:36 - May 8 by epaul

If you think the last 5 years were bad under the coalition, itll have been a tea party compared to the next 5 under the tories. If your unemployed, poor, disabled, vulnerable, young, old worry now. Be prepared for the sell off of the NHS Be prepared for your working rights to be hammered.
We're f*ck ed
Voted tory shame on you. It goes to show how greedy society is and its all me me me

Or maybe people vote for a party that they feel will not ruin the economy, whilst rewarding those who work hard with tax cuts (to anyone who earns over 10k!!). We live in a democracy as we have the right to make our own minds up, even if they differ from yours!!
The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 08:16 - May 8 with 1161 viewsScoobyWho

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 07:49 - May 8 by Cottsy

Make the most of your public services while you've still got them, they're not going to be around for much longer.

NHS, Teachers, Emergency Services, Social care, are the primary worries. Increased pension contributions, lesser salaries for starters, longer working lives, less support from management concerned about their own positions, reductions in framework support, logistics and tools to do the jobs, and finally, as ever, not one person will really care. They haven't to date, just maligned the staff in public service office which I find very odd seeing as when you need a nurse or doctor, paramedic fire officer or copper they become life savers.

Even though these services have been ripped apart for five years.

The Tories will see this as a complete endorsement of their time in office. God fcking help us now.
First to pass the post means more millions vote against a govt than for for it.

Unbelievable.

Mind you seeing that tw@t Balls get it in the face was superb.
[Post edited 8 May 2015 8:18]

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 08:18 - May 8 with 1150 viewsorion3016

Ed balls and his frightening outlook on spend spend spend has seen his own constituents kick him out. Good riddance

Be over there now after

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 08:21 - May 8 with 1138 viewslondonlisa2001

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 08:16 - May 8 by ScoobyWho

NHS, Teachers, Emergency Services, Social care, are the primary worries. Increased pension contributions, lesser salaries for starters, longer working lives, less support from management concerned about their own positions, reductions in framework support, logistics and tools to do the jobs, and finally, as ever, not one person will really care. They haven't to date, just maligned the staff in public service office which I find very odd seeing as when you need a nurse or doctor, paramedic fire officer or copper they become life savers.

Even though these services have been ripped apart for five years.

The Tories will see this as a complete endorsement of their time in office. God fcking help us now.
First to pass the post means more millions vote against a govt than for for it.

Unbelievable.

Mind you seeing that tw@t Balls get it in the face was superb.
[Post edited 8 May 2015 8:18]

But a lot of the things you mention Scooby are under the control of the Labour administration in Cardiff, not the Tories in Westminster.

Re Ed Balls - could not agree more - flatline that you smug git.
The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 08:26 - May 8 with 1109 viewsScoobyWho

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 08:21 - May 8 by londonlisa2001

But a lot of the things you mention Scooby are under the control of the Labour administration in Cardiff, not the Tories in Westminster.

Re Ed Balls - could not agree more - flatline that you smug git.

Here in Wales the public sector pay and increase in pension contributions, reflecting low morale and increased pressure on individuals is straight outta Parliament, and Cardiff cannot control it. These figures are set UK wide for emergency services and social care, the real backbone of our country, I'm talking wages not dissemination of cash, which can only reflect in small doses things like free prescriptions via Cardiff. Our Assembely do not govern, Parliament governs us and decides overall what we have, when we have it, and indeed what is done with it in the main.

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 08:27 - May 8 with 1106 viewsUxbridge

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 07:49 - May 8 by Cottsy

I blame Labour for this. Even the Tories didn't think they had a chance of a majority.

I hope every Labour party member is thoroughly ashamed of themselves and instead of blaming the electorate like they seem to be doing, they look at the party they have become and the political system they have helped as much as anyone to create, as both are inherently broken.

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 08:29 - May 8 with 1096 viewsUxbridge

Ed. Balls. Suddenly I've cheered up!

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 08:33 - May 8 with 1085 viewslondonlisa2001

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 08:26 - May 8 by ScoobyWho

Here in Wales the public sector pay and increase in pension contributions, reflecting low morale and increased pressure on individuals is straight outta Parliament, and Cardiff cannot control it. These figures are set UK wide for emergency services and social care, the real backbone of our country, I'm talking wages not dissemination of cash, which can only reflect in small doses things like free prescriptions via Cardiff. Our Assembely do not govern, Parliament governs us and decides overall what we have, when we have it, and indeed what is done with it in the main.

oh sorry - I misread your post and thought you were talking NHS and education as a service rather than people that work within it.

On the general point - I disagree slightly. Wales gets block funding, as does Scotland, and the Welsh Government have a lot of power over it.

The 'what is done with it in the main' bit is not the case about the NHS, Schools & Education etc etc. Even the smaller stuff like tuition fees etc etc. They hide behind the Tory government to muddy the fact that on a lot of measures the NHS in Wales is underperforming the NHS in England, even though per head it gets more money.
The NHS in general needs all parties to stop playing with it for political gain and try to work out what to do - it is unsustainable. As the population gets older and medicine advances, it costs more and more and more and decisions have to be made at some point.
The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 08:33 - May 8 with 1085 viewsScoobyWho

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 08:27 - May 8 by Uxbridge

I blame Labour for this. Even the Tories didn't think they had a chance of a majority.

I hope every Labour party member is thoroughly ashamed of themselves and instead of blaming the electorate like they seem to be doing, they look at the party they have become and the political system they have helped as much as anyone to create, as both are inherently broken.

Labour has become an alternative Tory party. The only difference was the colour of their ties. The only difference today with more Tory rule is more people like blue as a colour than red, and well, there's a clue in there somewhere.

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 08:34 - May 8 with 1074 viewsScoobyWho

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 08:33 - May 8 by londonlisa2001

oh sorry - I misread your post and thought you were talking NHS and education as a service rather than people that work within it.

On the general point - I disagree slightly. Wales gets block funding, as does Scotland, and the Welsh Government have a lot of power over it.

The 'what is done with it in the main' bit is not the case about the NHS, Schools & Education etc etc. Even the smaller stuff like tuition fees etc etc. They hide behind the Tory government to muddy the fact that on a lot of measures the NHS in Wales is underperforming the NHS in England, even though per head it gets more money.
The NHS in general needs all parties to stop playing with it for political gain and try to work out what to do - it is unsustainable. As the population gets older and medicine advances, it costs more and more and more and decisions have to be made at some point.

We have found common ground 👍

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 08:35 - May 8 with 1069 viewswaynekerr55

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 08:29 - May 8 by Uxbridge

Ed. Balls. Suddenly I've cheered up!

It may be a blessing in disguise. Labour can clear the decks, rethink their strategies and go again and provide a genuine alternative

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 08:37 - May 8 with 1057 viewsmonmouth

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 08:27 - May 8 by Uxbridge

What I don't understand (but I'm quite tired) is why people blaming the libs for supporting and moderating a bunch of bastards, then voted for those bastards.

I was hoping for none of the sh1ts to have a free rein, but there we are. As someone said, the people have spoken, the tw*ts.

Oh god, Gideon's just come on. We've got another 5 years of that gimp too.
[Post edited 8 May 2015 8:39]

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 08:38 - May 8 with 1052 viewslondonlisa2001

The General Election Results/Aftermath Thread. on 08:34 - May 8 by ScoobyWho

We have found common ground 👍

I'm sure we have quite a lot of common ground to be honest.

I find the party politics over health and education sickening from all sides - both are too important to play around with, and every single person in this country deserves the best possible education and healthcare, wherever and whoever they may be.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024