Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City v York CIty - Official Match Thread 19:01 - Aug 24 with 23513 viewsPhil_S

Capital One Cup Round Two
The Liberty Stadium, Tuesday August 25th 2015, Kick Off 7.45pm

PREVIEWS AND BUILD UP

Match Preview
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/40008/swansea-city-v-york

Third Round Draw Details
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/40020

How did they do? York City
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/39960/how-did-they-do...-

York boss hints at weakened team
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/39961/york-boss-hints-at-

We will breeze past York won't we?
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/39964/we-will-breeze-past

What side will we play against York
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/39965/what-side-will-we-p

Is the Capital One Cup a welcome distraction?
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/39963/is-the-capital-one-

"We want to do well in the cup"
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/39982/we-want-to-do-well-

York boss coming with no fear
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/39993/york-boss-coming-wi

Eder hoping for chance against York
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/39996/eder-hoping-for-cha

Shared connection - York City
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/40003/shared-connection..

Monk - we want to do well in cups
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/40011

Former Swans defender is back with York City
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/40012

Swans fans expecting no problems in overcoming York
http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/40019

This post has been edited by an administrator
Swansea City v York CIty - Official Match Thread on 22:36 - Aug 25 with 3494 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea City v York CIty - Official Match Thread on 22:34 - Aug 25 by ScoobyWho

That I will agree with, I just think he could have slotted one of his chances away considering the opposition and nature of the opportunities he had.

The only clear cut chance he had the keeper pulled off a belting save.

If anything he could have been a bit more selfish. There's no way Gomis would have squared or passed some of the balls he did. He's not going to be everyone's cup of tea though. I wouldn't be surprised if a vocal minority loathed him.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea City v York CIty - Official Match Thread on 22:38 - Aug 25 with 3478 viewsPacemaker

Swansea City v York CIty - Official Match Thread on 22:26 - Aug 25 by Dr_Winston

Really?

I liked the look of Eder a lot. Good touch and awareness about him. Obviously the oppo needs to be taken into account but he looks a quantum leap ahead of most other striker cover we've had since promotion.

He has a good touch but I think almost all our players do have a good touch. I think he is one of those players who plays better as part of a front pair rather than a single striker. He had numerous opportunities tonight to get his first goal and build his confidence. Don't think he will have a better opportunity. He has a good turn of pace and is strong but underwhelmed me tonight.

He may prove me wrong but he looks like he may a bit piece player here. Wouldn't be surprised to see a replacement in January. Can't see us going far in cup competitions with him as the cutting edge.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Swansea City v York CIty - Official Match Thread on 22:52 - Aug 25 with 3326 viewsLeonisGod

Swansea City v York CIty - Official Match Thread on 21:38 - Aug 25 by phact0rri

Radio makes the crowd sound loud

It wasn't. At all. But that's fine, it was one of those chilled matches where people spend the match chatting to their pals.

York fans were great I thought.
Swansea City v York CIty - Official Match Thread on 22:57 - Aug 25 with 3258 viewsJoe_bradshaw

York's number 2 looked the real McCoy.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Swansea City v York CIty - Official Match Thread on 22:57 - Aug 25 with 3256 viewsLeonisGod

Swansea City v York CIty - Official Match Thread on 22:15 - Aug 25 by csf

I thought Grimes was a bit sloppy, Eder decent and the keeper did well for them, Norfeldt also made 2-3 decent saves. Enjoyed wat hing Eder tonight, will be good games for him these cup ties.

Grimes had a 'mare imp. Nothing went well for him apart the goal and things broke down when they reached him apart from simple layoffs. Glad he kept going and got his goal, but other than that it's one he'll want to forget.

Eder's been a pleasant surprise. Much better than the Schecter types we've had in recent years. Nice quick feet for a tall guy.
Swansea City v York CIty - Official Match Thread on 22:59 - Aug 25 with 3198 viewsairedale

Swansea City v York CIty - Official Match Thread on 22:52 - Aug 25 by LeonisGod

It wasn't. At all. But that's fine, it was one of those chilled matches where people spend the match chatting to their pals.

York fans were great I thought.

When their drummer started I was quite startled. Good for them though (about 300?), put a lot of PL support to shame.
Swansea City v York CIty - Official Match Thread on 23:09 - Aug 25 with 3091 viewsSwanseajill

Swansea City v York CIty - Official Match Thread on 22:26 - Aug 25 by Joe_bradshaw

Elder clearly has talent and should have scored a couple. Grimes was poor at times and good at times. I like Tabanou, I think he's the closest to a first team start.
Marvin was his usual self - came on and looked like a pub player for ten minutes then scored a cracker.

Agree with all that.
Eder looks so familiar, it's Gomis in his first few games all over again! A little gangly and rusty, but so knows where the goal is, and takes every opportunity to aim for it.

The fans cheered each time Leon passed the ball with such accuracy. And just a word about York. They played some really good football with none of the clattering fouls that Sunderland or Stoke deliver to their opposition.. I was impressed with their passing game. And they have an excellent goalkeeper who made some very good saves.
A good game for new fans to experience.
Swansea City v York CIty - Official Match Thread on 23:12 - Aug 25 with 3057 viewsScoobyWho

Swansea City v York CIty - Official Match Thread on 22:36 - Aug 25 by Dr_Winston

The only clear cut chance he had the keeper pulled off a belting save.

If anything he could have been a bit more selfish. There's no way Gomis would have squared or passed some of the balls he did. He's not going to be everyone's cup of tea though. I wouldn't be surprised if a vocal minority loathed him.

It depends I suppose on how he is judged by the fans. No swans fan should loathe our players that's for sure. If he is compared to Vasquez or Schecter then yes, Eder is a huge improvement, even Emnes is, and probably Dicky McNugget in the u21s as well. His touches tonight were good, but I felt no better than Oliviera last season and he had a more robust way with him. Grimes for me was a disappointment, it seems like no matter what he did it wasn't coming off. Maybe he was trying too hard ? He has a lot of admirers.

Overall though that was pretty much a completely different team from Saturday, which was the most pleasing thing for me now we seem to have a bit more strength in depth.

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City v York CIty - Official Match Thread on 23:16 - Aug 25 with 3022 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea City v York CIty - Official Match Thread on 23:12 - Aug 25 by ScoobyWho

It depends I suppose on how he is judged by the fans. No swans fan should loathe our players that's for sure. If he is compared to Vasquez or Schecter then yes, Eder is a huge improvement, even Emnes is, and probably Dicky McNugget in the u21s as well. His touches tonight were good, but I felt no better than Oliviera last season and he had a more robust way with him. Grimes for me was a disappointment, it seems like no matter what he did it wasn't coming off. Maybe he was trying too hard ? He has a lot of admirers.

Overall though that was pretty much a completely different team from Saturday, which was the most pleasing thing for me now we seem to have a bit more strength in depth.

Grimes started so well but his head dropped after missing that sitter. Lots to like though and plenty of time. Should give those demanding Siggy be dropped a bit of a pause for thought though.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea City v York CIty - Official Match Thread on 23:24 - Aug 25 with 2972 viewsBloodyhills

Swansea City v York CIty - Official Match Thread on 22:17 - Aug 25 by ChrisSCFC

Was Eder any good?

I thought Eder was good, put himself about a bit, held the ball up well, made space for himself. Looks promising.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Swansea City v York CIty - Official Match Thread on 23:58 - Aug 25 with 2842 viewsYCFC_D8

Oh well. Not too down as we had a go (well, in the first half, and after a terrible start). Would have been nice to get back level via one of those chances, but the second goal was always going to kill it. Not a lot more to add as we've been sampling your alcoholic outlets and don't want to dribble all over your forum :D All nice and friendly with the Swansea support out and about, as it should be.

All the best for the rest of the season. We've got Mansfield, you've got Man U. If you ever get young uns complaining about things, tell them to thank their lucky stars they support a decent Premiership side in a very nice stadium. Not all of us can say that....
Swansea City v York CIty - Official Match Thread on 23:59 - Aug 25 with 2835 viewsskippyjack

Nordfeldt - good game
Rangel - can see why he's behind Naughton
Amat - him and Bartley always get caught out
Bartley - above
Tabanou - neat and tidy.. looks good
Britton - does what he does
Ki - needs games
Dyer - alright
Grimes - wasn't his best evening
Routledge - alright
Eder - done everything but score

Emnes - just scored
Shelvey - does what he does
Ayew - the worst I've seen of him

York..

Flinders - fantastic saves
McCoy - decent fullback.. done well against superior opposition
Lowe - he was alright
Winfield - alright
Nolan - alright
Llesanmi - decent fullback.. done well against superior opposition
Summerfield - worst player
Penn - worked hard
Berrett - done alright
Oliver - looked dangerous
Thompson - looked dangerous

York done alright..

Flinders
McCoy
Llesanmi
Penn
Oliver
Thompson

York need to keep hold of these

The awkward moment when a Welsh Club become the Champions of England.. shh The Swansea Way.. To upset the odds.
Poll: Best Swans Player

Swansea City v York CIty - Official Match Thread on 00:00 - Aug 26 with 2832 viewsLeonisGod

Swansea City v York CIty - Official Match Thread on 22:59 - Aug 25 by airedale

When their drummer started I was quite startled. Good for them though (about 300?), put a lot of PL support to shame.

Yep, very few sets of fans will come down here and sing their hearts out for 90 mins. No POG for us tonight then - or at least I couldn't hear from the west stand.
Swansea City v York CIty - Official Match Thread on 00:14 - Aug 26 with 2768 viewsSwanseajill

Swansea City v York CIty - Official Match Thread on 00:00 - Aug 26 by LeonisGod

Yep, very few sets of fans will come down here and sing their hearts out for 90 mins. No POG for us tonight then - or at least I couldn't hear from the west stand.

Their best song ..."We're gonna score in a minute"

Good support all around from York, although " Engerland, Engerland, is a poor effort. It wasn't an international game lads.
Swansea City v York CIty - Official Match Thread on 00:24 - Aug 26 with 2743 viewsLeonisGod

Swansea City v York CIty - Official Match Thread on 00:14 - Aug 26 by Swanseajill

Their best song ..."We're gonna score in a minute"

Good support all around from York, although " Engerland, Engerland, is a poor effort. It wasn't an international game lads.

Or when they were 'ole'ing each pass and then passed it straight out into touch . Made me chuckle anyway
Swansea City v York CIty - Official Match Thread on 02:28 - Aug 26 with 2599 viewsTownhill_Hilton

Swansea City v York CIty - Official Match Thread on 20:03 - Aug 25 by epaul

I was thinking just the same matey!!! oh for the good old days!!!!

I remember when the internet first started we used to all meet online on Gary Martin's scfc site, with that Danish fan Jannik. Someone would hook up a microphone to the radio and we could listen to the odd game. Now I watch every game in HD online and cast it onto the TV.
Swansea City v York CIty - Official Match Thread on 03:33 - Aug 26 with 2565 viewsSwansNZ

Swansea City v York CIty - Official Match Thread on 23:59 - Aug 25 by skippyjack

Nordfeldt - good game
Rangel - can see why he's behind Naughton
Amat - him and Bartley always get caught out
Bartley - above
Tabanou - neat and tidy.. looks good
Britton - does what he does
Ki - needs games
Dyer - alright
Grimes - wasn't his best evening
Routledge - alright
Eder - done everything but score

Emnes - just scored
Shelvey - does what he does
Ayew - the worst I've seen of him

York..

Flinders - fantastic saves
McCoy - decent fullback.. done well against superior opposition
Lowe - he was alright
Winfield - alright
Nolan - alright
Llesanmi - decent fullback.. done well against superior opposition
Summerfield - worst player
Penn - worked hard
Berrett - done alright
Oliver - looked dangerous
Thompson - looked dangerous

York done alright..

Flinders
McCoy
Llesanmi
Penn
Oliver
Thompson

York need to keep hold of these

"Ayew - the worst I've seen of him "

According to the BBC, he was only on for 3 minutes + stoppage time.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Swansea City v York CIty - Official Match Thread on 07:04 - Aug 26 with 2462 viewsMattG

For me, the main reason for going last night was to get a look at the new lads and I thought it was between Eder and Tabanou for our MoM last night.

I know it's a cliche but Eder "just needs a goal" - other than that, he looked very tidy and on another night could have easily had a couple.

Tabanou looked pretty solid in defence (which I suppose should be expected in a game like that) and got into some promising forward positions but wasn't always found.

Grimes was in and out of the game - started strongly, missed a sitter, anonymous for a while and then played an excellent through ball to Dyer (IIRC). Still some way to go before he's pushing for a First Team start.

Other than those, Nordfelt made one really decent save but didn't have a lot to do, Dyer took his goal well and kept going all game, Routledge had a fairly poor night with a lot of misplaced passes, Bartley and Amat looked as if they barely knew each other, Leon did what Leon does and, while Rangel was solid enough, he'll be staying as our second choice RB.
Swansea City v York CIty - Official Match Thread on 08:56 - Aug 26 with 2280 viewsDr_Winston

Thought Nordfelt looked dodgy as hell and only added to the rumours that Gerry T is back because quite a few people at the club just don't rate him.

Swansea City v York CIty - Official Match Thread on 09:01 - Aug 26 with 2259 viewsWhiterockin

Swansea City v York CIty - Official Match Thread on 08:56 - Aug 26 by Dr_Winston

Thought Nordfelt looked dodgy as hell and only added to the rumours that Gerry T is back because quite a few people at the club just don't rate him.

Agreed. On one occasion he parried a shot over the bar and clearly he should have caught it. Did not instill any confidence in the defenders or myself.

Poll: As things stand are you going to vote in the General Election

Swansea City v York CIty - Official Match Thread on 09:10 - Aug 26 with 2244 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea City v York CIty - Official Match Thread on 09:01 - Aug 26 by Whiterockin

Agreed. On one occasion he parried a shot over the bar and clearly he should have caught it. Did not instill any confidence in the defenders or myself.

I don't know what the hell he was doing there. Looked like a hybrid flap/punch that his his hand and fortunately spun upwards.

Probably a bit of nerves involved but he won't be troubling Fab any time soon on that display.

Swansea City v York CIty - Official Match Thread on 10:29 - Aug 26 with 2154 viewsLandore_Jack

Swansea City v York CIty - Official Match Thread on 09:10 - Aug 26 by Dr_Winston

I don't know what the hell he was doing there. Looked like a hybrid flap/punch that his his hand and fortunately spun upwards.

Probably a bit of nerves involved but he won't be troubling Fab any time soon on that display.

Match Highlights:

http://www.skysports.com/football/swansea-vs-york-city/350897

#backtojack

Swansea City v York CIty - Official Match Thread on 11:11 - Aug 26 with 2097 viewsDaggyjack

Decent enough performance.
Apart from the obvious performances from Leon and Ki, which you would expect from them, I thought Eder was ok, didn't get the goal I thought he deserved. The player that really impressed me was Tabanou. Solid defending, very good going forwards, great crosses for the most part and really hard on himself if he didn't do something right (which was rarely) - I do see him taking over the left back role in the near future.
Swansea City v York CIty - Official Match Thread on 21:14 - Aug 26 with 1876 viewssa3_jack

Thought this was going to be one of those rare times when i agreed with dr winston's every post in a thread. Eder was decent and will get better with games. Grimes is young and made some mistakes, but a step above any other u21 players .

Then we had the Nordfelt issue. Agree he made a meal of that shot he tipped over the bar. Still did more than enough to show he will be an able deputy . Tremmel has been a good servant, and that is the only reason he has been invited back. A good pro on vastly reduced wages.
Swansea City v York CIty - Official Match Thread on 12:20 - Aug 27 with 1764 viewskarnataka

Why all this nitpicking over one of Nordfeldt's saves? His priority is to stop the ball going into our net. His first start for his new club and he keeps a clean sheet but he pushes a close range header over the bar and some are not happy that the save wasn't sheer perfection. Dear me. At least his suitability as a Swans back up keeper has been assessed over a few whole seconds action rather than a shorter and less representative period.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024