Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just had a text regards Austin 12:19 - Jan 16 with 9953 viewsLoyal

Apparently he was touted to all clubs last Wednesday and QPR had to do it as they knew they wouldn't get a bean in the summer. He would have gone anywhere in the premier league. Southampton paid 2.5 million plus 1.5 million wages.

The Swansea board didn't see him as an effective business case.

I'm lost for words. And for anyone banging on about who knows what, it's bloody obvious he was available or he wouldn't be a fcking Southampton player !

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Just had a text regards Austin on 12:45 - Jan 16 with 1411 viewsLoyal

Just had a text regards Austin on 12:45 - Jan 16 by Darran

Spot on.

Oh that's it then Darran, how do you know ?

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.

Just had a text regards Austin on 12:45 - Jan 16 with 1410 viewsBloodyhills

Just had a text regards Austin on 12:28 - Jan 16 by Neath_Jack

I'm so glad we have so many ITK posters on here.

Warra load of shite. Again.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2016 12:29]

Not such a load of shite is it, he has signed for Southampton for 4 million.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Just had a text regards Austin on 12:46 - Jan 16 with 1406 viewsLoyal

Just had a text regards Austin on 12:45 - Jan 16 by Bloodyhills

Not such a load of shite is it, he has signed for Southampton for 4 million.

Your wasting your time mate, some people are thicker than custard.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2016 12:48]

Just had a text regards Austin on 12:49 - Jan 16 with 1384 viewsDarran

Just had a text regards Austin on 12:45 - Jan 16 by Loyal

Oh that's it then Darran, how do you know ?

Common sense.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Just had a text regards Austin on 12:51 - Jan 16 with 1371 viewsLoyal

Just had a text regards Austin on 12:49 - Jan 16 by Darran

Common sense.

As we have come so far as a club then you of all people should know if it's achievable, then it's achievable by Swansea.

The fact he is at Southampton regardless of my OP should tell you he was in the market, and we could have sealed it had we WANTED to.

Just had a text regards Austin on 12:52 - Jan 16 with 1367 viewsgazza_1234

Before we slate the Board for this. Might be better to listen to what the player wants...

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/qpr-transfer-news-charlie-austin-doesnt
[Post edited 16 Jan 2016 12:55]
Just had a text regards Austin on 12:53 - Jan 16 with 1359 viewssomersetsimon

Just had a text regards Austin on 12:44 - Jan 16 by Loyal

He's had a knackered knee all his career.

but still passed a medical at a PL club and was given a long contract.
Just had a text regards Austin on 12:54 - Jan 16 with 1355 viewsLoyal

Just had a text regards Austin on 12:52 - Jan 16 by gazza_1234

Before we slate the Board for this. Might be better to listen to what the player wants...

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/qpr-transfer-news-charlie-austin-doesnt
[Post edited 16 Jan 2016 12:55]

An extra million quid in his back pocket and he would have painted the insides of a dogs anus on his way down to Swansea.

Login to get fewer ads

Just had a text regards Austin on 12:54 - Jan 16 with 1350 viewsBloodyhills

Just had a text regards Austin on 12:49 - Jan 16 by Darran

Common sense.

I think it's likely Austin (assuming the choice existed) would have chosen Southampton over us as they are not in the relegation mire and have a decent manager and also as he's more likely to do well in a team that's in decent form.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Just had a text regards Austin on 12:55 - Jan 16 with 1341 viewsLoyal

Just had a text regards Austin on 12:53 - Jan 16 by somersetsimon

but still passed a medical at a PL club and was given a long contract.

Like QPR - Southampton have clearly signed him regardless of the knee. Didn't harm him at Loftus Road for three seasons.

Just had a text regards Austin on 12:56 - Jan 16 with 1325 viewscostalotta

Just had a text regards Austin on 12:24 - Jan 16 by Loyal

Even if it's not ( I believe it is ) Charlie Austin was available and we did nothing. Either way it's the same.

We did nothing !
[Post edited 16 Jan 2016 12:26]

FFS.

Not saying he was the answer but come on... What the hell is going on?
Just had a text regards Austin on 12:57 - Jan 16 with 1319 viewsJethroJack

Just had a text regards Austin on 12:43 - Jan 16 by Loyal

They did mate, then he went to QPR .....

Yes "mate" I know he went to QPR, that doesn't mean he hasn't got a suspect knee, just because they signed him.
Just had a text regards Austin on 12:57 - Jan 16 with 1319 viewsLoyal

Just had a text regards Austin on 12:56 - Jan 16 by costalotta

FFS.

Not saying he was the answer but come on... What the hell is going on?

I'm not sure, what do you reckon ?
Im just having a bit of fun.

Just had a text regards Austin on 12:58 - Jan 16 with 1302 viewsLoyal

Just had a text regards Austin on 12:57 - Jan 16 by JethroJack

Yes "mate" I know he went to QPR, that doesn't mean he hasn't got a suspect knee, just because they signed him.

I don't know what that means. They knew he had a dodgy knee but signed him anyway, so the knee clearly isn't that much of an issue. For two clubs now.

"mate"
[Post edited 16 Jan 2016 12:59]

Just had a text regards Austin on 12:59 - Jan 16 with 1295 viewsDarran

Just had a text regards Austin on 12:51 - Jan 16 by Loyal

As we have come so far as a club then you of all people should know if it's achievable, then it's achievable by Swansea.

The fact he is at Southampton regardless of my OP should tell you he was in the market, and we could have sealed it had we WANTED to.

But it's highly unlikely he'd have WANTED to especially when it's also highly unlikely he signed for Soton with a relegation clause in his contract.

Just had a text regards Austin on 13:00 - Jan 16 with 1210 viewsJethroJack

The South Coast is his neck of the woods....Poole Town & all that 😝
Just had a text regards Austin on 13:00 - Jan 16 with 1201 viewsLoyal

Just had a text regards Austin on 12:59 - Jan 16 by Darran

But it's highly unlikely he'd have WANTED to especially when it's also highly unlikely he signed for Soton with a relegation clause in his contract.

Me personally, yes I would sign for Southampton as well, but my point is, irrespective of my OP he was in the market and we could have made it happen. -------> £££££

Just had a text regards Austin on 13:02 - Jan 16 with 1188 viewscostalotta

Just had a text regards Austin on 12:57 - Jan 16 by Loyal

I'm not sure, what do you reckon ?
Im just having a bit of fun.

As a club we've been left behind our epl rivals. In thinking, leadership, creativity behind th scenes, believing our own legend/bullshit (delete as appropriate). If you like you canon the list....
Just had a text regards Austin on 13:02 - Jan 16 with 1184 viewssomersetsimon

Just had a text regards Austin on 12:51 - Jan 16 by Loyal

So, if we really wanted to, we could have signed a player, regardless of his own preferences or the actions of the other clubs who wanted to buy him?
Just had a text regards Austin on 13:03 - Jan 16 with 1177 viewsDarran

Just had a text regards Austin on 13:00 - Jan 16 by Loyal

Me personally, yes I would sign for Southampton as well, but my point is, irrespective of my OP he was in the market and we could have made it happen. -------> £££££

But we couldn't have.
(That's unless you have no idea about how this club is run of course)

Just had a text regards Austin on 13:04 - Jan 16 with 1171 viewsLoyal

Just had a text regards Austin on 13:02 - Jan 16 by somersetsimon

So, if we really wanted to, we could have signed a player, regardless of his own preferences or the actions of the other clubs who wanted to buy him?

I don't know his preferences ?
What I do know Mr L is that he was in the market and we could have signed him regardless of other clubs. But we didn't.

Just had a text regards Austin on 13:04 - Jan 16 with 1161 viewsLoyal

Just had a text regards Austin on 13:03 - Jan 16 by Darran

But we couldn't have.
(That's unless you have no idea about how this club is run of course)

Because we are skint ?

Just had a text regards Austin on 13:05 - Jan 16 with 1158 viewspenlan_jack

Just had a text regards Austin on 13:02 - Jan 16 by somersetsimon

I despair for our fans at times.

Just because it hasn't been reported in the media doesn't mean we weren't interested. He's picked a much better option than Swansea City at this time. We desperately need players and it's making people delusional.
Just had a text regards Austin on 13:05 - Jan 16 with 1150 viewsrobbiejames86

Just had a text regards Austin on 12:44 - Jan 16 by Loyal

He's had a knackered knee all his career.

Knackered knee, my arse, 45 goals in 82 games for QPR in two and a half years, in that time he's been out with a shoulder injury and a hamstring, I wish my knee was as bad as Austin's, it's a myth even wet spams chairman said he hasn't got any ligaments in his knee, he'd be a legend down here, but never mind Gomis has marvellous knees.
Just had a text regards Austin on 13:06 - Jan 16 with 1135 viewsLoyal

Just had a text regards Austin on 13:05 - Jan 16 by robbiejames86

Knackered knee, my arse, 45 goals in 82 games for QPR in two and a half years, in that time he's been out with a shoulder injury and a hamstring, I wish my knee was as bad as Austin's, it's a myth even wet spams chairman said he hasn't got any ligaments in his knee, he'd be a legend down here, but never mind Gomis has marvellous knees.

Well that's what Harry Redknapp said in fact he said he was signing him regardless of his knackered knee. Maybe Harry isn't ITK.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024