Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Just had a text regards Austin 12:19 - Jan 16 with 9952 viewsLoyal

Apparently he was touted to all clubs last Wednesday and QPR had to do it as they knew they wouldn't get a bean in the summer. He would have gone anywhere in the premier league. Southampton paid 2.5 million plus 1.5 million wages.

The Swansea board didn't see him as an effective business case.

I'm lost for words. And for anyone banging on about who knows what, it's bloody obvious he was available or he wouldn't be a fcking Southampton player !

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Just had a text regards Austin on 16:14 - Jan 16 with 1399 viewsjack247

Just had a text regards Austin on 13:57 - Jan 16 by jasper_T

Southampton are a better team and in a better financial position. We didn't have a chance.

Delusional to think otherwise.

It's not the fact that he went to Southampton that concerns me. It's whether or not we even attempted to sign him. If Loyal is right and he went for £2.5m on a £1.5m salary, I hope we at least had a go at it. Keep thinking players won't want to come to us because we are in a dogfight and have a temporary manager, then players won't come to us.
Just had a text regards Austin on 16:23 - Jan 16 with 1378 viewsLoyal

Just had a text regards Austin on 16:14 - Jan 16 by jack247

It's not the fact that he went to Southampton that concerns me. It's whether or not we even attempted to sign him. If Loyal is right and he went for £2.5m on a £1.5m salary, I hope we at least had a go at it. Keep thinking players won't want to come to us because we are in a dogfight and have a temporary manager, then players won't come to us.

Sense 👍

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Just had a text regards Austin on 18:18 - Jan 16 with 1273 viewsjasper_T

Crying over something you have no way of knowing, and that was never going to work out in the first place, is pathetic.
Just had a text regards Austin on 18:46 - Jan 16 with 1248 viewsphact0rri

calm down... shhh. they are merely taking their time to find the best fit for the club. But they know they need to get some bodies in sooner rather than later.

Poll: Should EPL Refrees hold Post-Match Interviews

Just had a text regards Austin on 18:51 - Jan 16 with 1228 viewsmonmouth

Here's a thought though; we didn't actually want Charlie Austin?

For that to be true we have to get someone better. We have 16 days and we're all watching.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Just had a text regards Austin on 18:54 - Jan 16 with 1218 viewsdobjack2

Indeed if we enquiried and got told that he wants to go to a team on the up and we are going in the other direction that's life.

Will we ever know who was on the list of targets we drew up months ago? Or should we just write down the name of any player that used to play for us and any player (with a middlesboro link) that we been linked with in the past.
Just had a text regards Austin on 20:42 - Jan 16 with 1145 viewsjack247

Just had a text regards Austin on 18:18 - Jan 16 by jasper_T

Crying over something you have no way of knowing, and that was never going to work out in the first place, is pathetic.

Missed the point by quite some way there.

I'd just like to think we are making the effort to bring someone decent in. If he is on £1.5m a year, that's what, half of what we pay Gomis? You don't know whether he would have considered us any more than I know if we showed any interest. I'd imagine not many teams did if he signed for £30k a week.

No one is crying. I think it's more pathetic to just assume we have no hope of signing anyone decent to be honest.
Just had a text regards Austin on 20:48 - Jan 16 with 1128 viewstomdickharry

Just had a text regards Austin on 18:46 - Jan 16 by phact0rri

calm down... shhh. they are merely taking their time to find the best fit for the club. But they know they need to get some bodies in sooner rather than later.

You make a very good point,think they are trying to strike a deal with Man City for Bony, there is nobody else out there,if we could get him back on loan coupled with an extra player for midfield and a winger,that should satisfy our requirements.
Login to get fewer ads

Just had a text regards Austin on 21:11 - Jan 16 with 1099 viewsnavyjack

OP opens up with the word apparently.5 pages (and counting) follow most of it grown men sh*t slinging.

Blimey...

If I had a quid for every apparently,Allegedly,Rumour,ITK,source....
Just had a text regards Austin on 21:39 - Jan 16 with 1045 viewsjasper_T

Just had a text regards Austin on 20:42 - Jan 16 by jack247

Missed the point by quite some way there.

I'd just like to think we are making the effort to bring someone decent in. If he is on £1.5m a year, that's what, half of what we pay Gomis? You don't know whether he would have considered us any more than I know if we showed any interest. I'd imagine not many teams did if he signed for £30k a week.

No one is crying. I think it's more pathetic to just assume we have no hope of signing anyone decent to be honest.

Just because Charlie Austin wouldn't want to sign for us doesn't mean no one decent will. Austin's a special case in that he was on everyone's radar and his contract was running down (plus "proven", English etc.) He had his pick and we were never going to be it, not now, not six months ago.

If you want to think we're making an effort fill your boots. It's probably even true!
Just had a text regards Austin on 22:05 - Jan 16 with 991 viewsjack247

Just had a text regards Austin on 21:39 - Jan 16 by jasper_T

Just because Charlie Austin wouldn't want to sign for us doesn't mean no one decent will. Austin's a special case in that he was on everyone's radar and his contract was running down (plus "proven", English etc.) He had his pick and we were never going to be it, not now, not six months ago.

If you want to think we're making an effort fill your boots. It's probably even true!

That's not quite the same as saying there is no point even trying if Southampton (or presumably any club in their position) are interested. I'm just hoping the club don't have such a defeatist attitude. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be much evidence to the contrary at the moment.

As for Austin, he probably didn't have that many options if he signed for £30k per week a few months before he would have been able to sign as a free agent. Maybe we weren't interested anyway, but who is to say and offer of £35-40k per week (which wouldn't have put him amongst our very top earners) and the virtual guarantee of first team football, which he won't necessarily get at Southampton, wouldn't have given him something to think about?
Just had a text regards Austin on 22:46 - Jan 16 with 947 viewsymaohyd

Our board are now an utter disgrace and not fit for purpose.

I'm flabbergasted / bewildered as to how it has come to this. Within football, we are rapidly becoming a laughing stock as various stories do the rounds.

Blog: World Cup Performance = Transfer Speculation?

Just had a text regards Austin on 19:47 - Jan 18 with 844 viewsjackjackjackjack

Been reported on Radio 5 that Austin''s wages are £100,000 a week. No wonder we passed.

Poll: Where will we finish in the Championship ?

Just had a text regards Austin on 19:56 - Jan 18 with 825 viewsGroo

Has he played for QPR? he's not scored a goal this season, not 1.

Groo does what Groo does best

Just had a text regards Austin on 20:05 - Jan 18 with 806 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Just had a text regards Austin on 19:56 - Jan 18 by Groo

Has he played for QPR? he's not scored a goal this season, not 1.

No, not one.

Just the ten in sixteen appearances.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024