Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea's city centre redevelopment 14:45 - Jan 21 with 10079 viewsSwanzay

Swansea Council leader Rob Stewart and Business Minister Edwina Hart will reveal the blueprint for Swansea's city centre redevelopment on Friday morning.

With plans for a new retail and leisure space and improved links between the city centre and the sea, it is one of the most anticipated announcements in Swansea's recent history.

Can we be hopefull of a decent proposal that will regenerate the City or will this be papering over the cracks and the cheaper option?
Swansea's city centre redevelopment on 09:50 - Jan 22 with 2488 viewsSwanzay

What do you think?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-south-west-wales-35374781
Swansea's city centre redevelopment on 09:55 - Jan 22 with 2474 viewsdickythorpe

I like ambition but £40mill on an aquarium???!!!!
Swansea's city centre redevelopment on 10:19 - Jan 22 with 2436 viewsLord_Bony

That is mega ambitious, can't see it happening to that level tbh.
I'm curious as to what the feck that giant piece of honeycomb is supposed to be down by the marina?
Looks like a Crunchie bar with the chocolate missing.

This post has been edited by an administrator

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Swansea's city centre redevelopment on 10:20 - Jan 22 with 2429 viewsSwanzay

Swansea's city centre redevelopment on 10:19 - Jan 22 by Lord_Bony

That is mega ambitious, can't see it happening to that level tbh.
I'm curious as to what the feck that giant piece of honeycomb is supposed to be down by the marina?
Looks like a Crunchie bar with the chocolate missing.

This post has been edited by an administrator

3500 seated arena
Swansea's city centre redevelopment on 10:25 - Jan 22 with 2406 viewsLord_Bony

Swansea's city centre redevelopment on 10:20 - Jan 22 by Swanzay

3500 seated arena

Yeah right! What's the chances of that being built then...slim I would imagine and probably 20 years down the line. Seen too many of these pretty videos over the years...

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

Swansea's city centre redevelopment on 10:37 - Jan 22 with 2387 viewsDDCH

An arena is crucial in my opinion. It will bring big bands and acts which will in turn bring people into the city, boosting tourism and the evening (no pissed up wind street) trade

The poster formally known as DannyDyersChocolateHomunculus

Swansea's city centre redevelopment on 10:40 - Jan 22 with 2379 viewsSwanzay

Swansea's city centre redevelopment on 10:25 - Jan 22 by Lord_Bony

Yeah right! What's the chances of that being built then...slim I would imagine and probably 20 years down the line. Seen too many of these pretty videos over the years...

Yes very true, Swansea Council does have previous on these schemes, Vibrant Swansea springs to mind.
Swansea's city centre redevelopment on 12:13 - Jan 22 with 2279 viewsCopperJack

Swansea's city centre redevelopment on 10:40 - Jan 22 by Swanzay

Yes very true, Swansea Council does have previous on these schemes, Vibrant Swansea springs to mind.

They do yes, but they've always been fighting with one hand behind their back. Unlike Cardiff, which has everything financed by our taxes generously given to them by the WAG, our schemes (like this) are privately funded. Hope it gets done (even partly). Could transform the city.

Poll: The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why?

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea's city centre redevelopment on 13:43 - Jan 22 with 2189 viewsLord_Bony

Swansea's city centre redevelopment on 18:47 - Jan 21 by Banosswan

It was in the post last week, 10m development starting soon. All the tenants have been told to find other premises.

I used to have two places in Parc Tawe...a gallery and hairdressers,I think the sign is still up there on the corner.

Beautiful retail park,Ive just spoken to them and they say its closing shortly...refurbishment taking place will take 12 to 18 months to compete...but the council have stopped them approaching big names because it will interfere with their develpment...the decision was appealed and overturned thank god.

SO big plans afoot for retail and the city centre....if it comes off in a year or two will be good for jobs and shopping.

Swansea's city centre redevelopment on 13:53 - Jan 22 with 2173 viewsperchrockjack

Awful lot of slagging off our beautiful city here.

I just hope Swansea finds a way forward in my lifetime

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Swansea's city centre redevelopment on 13:58 - Jan 22 with 2161 viewswestside

Looks like the big tower is now going alongside the leisure centre with a hotel apart of it.

Indoor arena will attract visitors for conferences and concerts and so attract a quality hotel .
Swansea's city centre redevelopment on 16:43 - Jan 22 with 2047 viewsAustinIsOurHero

Swansea's city centre redevelopment on 13:58 - Jan 22 by westside

Looks like the big tower is now going alongside the leisure centre with a hotel apart of it.

Indoor arena will attract visitors for conferences and concerts and so attract a quality hotel .

So are all these plans green lit & going ahead?

or is this another Mumbles re development video that will never actually come to fruition?

Poll: How many points will be get from the next two games?

Swansea's city centre redevelopment on 18:30 - Jan 22 with 1967 viewsJackfath

Let's all hope it all comes to fruition.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Swansea's city centre redevelopment on 22:37 - Jan 22 with 1794 viewsPrivate_Partz

Swansea's city centre redevelopment on 16:43 - Jan 22 by AustinIsOurHero

So are all these plans green lit & going ahead?

or is this another Mumbles re development video that will never actually come to fruition?

Well they are cracking on with the Mumbles one.
If we are going to get shiny new buildings I hope the outer fabric is better than the latest offerings in SA1 on the old 'Viscose?' site. All the frontages facing North or in the shade are turning a horrible mouldy shade of green. The whole place needs a massive pressure wash.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Swansea's city centre redevelopment on 22:53 - Jan 22 with 1776 viewsDr_Winston

If Swansea is going to have an indoor arena that works they'll have to make sure one of the major event promoters is given control of it.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea's city centre redevelopment on 22:55 - Jan 22 with 1708 viewsDarran

Swansea's city centre redevelopment on 22:53 - Jan 22 by Dr_Winston

If Swansea is going to have an indoor arena that works they'll have to make sure one of the major event promoters is given control of it.

Good point if the council run it it'll be shit.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Swansea's city centre redevelopment on 00:11 - Jan 23 with 1647 viewswestside

looking at the Liverpool echo arena it holds 11k

http://www.echoarena.com/organising-an-event/layouts/#
Swansea's city centre redevelopment on 00:12 - Jan 23 with 1645 viewsSwanzay

Swansea's city centre redevelopment on 22:55 - Jan 22 by Darran

Good point if the council run it it'll be shit.

It notice in the smallish print today they still have 'apply for funding', so still far from go ahead, its a mystery as to why Cardiff does have these obsticles....
Swansea's city centre redevelopment on 00:15 - Jan 23 with 1633 viewsBanosswan

Is the thing that looks like a salmon en croute the indoor arena?

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Swansea's city centre redevelopment on 00:20 - Jan 23 with 1623 viewsNeathJack

You'd swear there was a Welsh Government election due in a couple of months.........

If anyone actually believes this whole redevelopment will happen they need a damn good thrashing.
Swansea's city centre redevelopment on 00:37 - Jan 23 with 1607 viewsRevJames

If this does get off the ground, it needs to include High Street from the railway station to the city centre .

You only get one chance to make a positive first impression
Swansea's city centre redevelopment on 08:32 - Jan 23 with 1511 viewsperchrockjack

It's good to see plans but it's better to see them implemented.

3500 arena ,frankly, is way to small to make it a major venue to challenge Cardiff because that is what it's about.

It's nothing to travel 40 mins to a gig.

The Liverpool arena is superb and recently held a major equestrian show ,which shows how flexible it can be. But on its own it's not enough.

I'm rather sad to see everything moving towards the sea and ideally would have liked to see the older parts regenerated. Liverpool is far luckier as was Manchester as the Luftwaffe left some architectural masterpieces untouched.

Still, its something

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Swansea's city centre redevelopment on 10:49 - Jan 23 with 1452 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea's city centre redevelopment on 08:32 - Jan 23 by perchrockjack

It's good to see plans but it's better to see them implemented.

3500 arena ,frankly, is way to small to make it a major venue to challenge Cardiff because that is what it's about.

It's nothing to travel 40 mins to a gig.

The Liverpool arena is superb and recently held a major equestrian show ,which shows how flexible it can be. But on its own it's not enough.

I'm rather sad to see everything moving towards the sea and ideally would have liked to see the older parts regenerated. Liverpool is far luckier as was Manchester as the Luftwaffe left some architectural masterpieces untouched.

Still, its something

I think there's a general indifference to live music in Swansea perch though with all of the new attractions and living space hopefully will attract the younger concert going crowd to settle here. One thing is for sure though, if the council run it it will be sh*t and if they can't organise transport late at night with First Bus and Arrive/Great Western trains it will also fail miserably.
Professionalism in all aspects is the key here.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Swansea's city centre redevelopment on 10:55 - Jan 23 with 1445 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Swansea's city centre redevelopment on 00:20 - Jan 23 by NeathJack

You'd swear there was a Welsh Government election due in a couple of months.........

If anyone actually believes this whole redevelopment will happen they need a damn good thrashing.

Well if everyone still votes plaid then they will have to complete it given the noises becoming from them over Labour.

If people are dumb enough to vote Labour for Swansea at the Assembly elections then none if this will happen and we'll end up with another wider pavement as compensation

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Swansea's city centre redevelopment on 11:39 - Jan 23 with 1421 viewsCopperJack

Swansea's city centre redevelopment on 00:12 - Jan 23 by Swanzay

It notice in the smallish print today they still have 'apply for funding', so still far from go ahead, its a mystery as to why Cardiff does have these obsticles....

Cardiff doesn't apply because the WAG build all their developments. Want to create a mark before the Assembly Elections? Sign Langy's petition - http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/159778/petition-against-

RE: Lord Bony, the reason the council didn't want Parc Tawe signing big nanem shops/restaurants is because it's on the outskirt of town and we want to bring people into town. If we have people going there, it'll take footfall away from town - then people will complain about out of town retail parks sucking the life out of the city.

Lisa's right, there is a lot of money in Swansea these days, and this could really work. The report said there's £170m being lost every year to Trostre/Cardiff. If we can keep that, then all the better.

Rob Steward, in my opinion, has done a fantastic job so far, and if he pulls this off, will be our best ever council leader (even if he is Labour).

Poll: The 2016 Assembly Elections: Which way will you be voting & why?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024