Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Adam johnson 15:32 - Mar 3 with 11884 views1949er

The law of the land says he is guilty.the gutter press typically bring down the character of anyone acheiving any success.they describe the girl as a child. I live near a secondary school, on their way home these (girls) have their skirts up their arse loads of make up on ,and too many buttons undone on their blouses.Johnson has done wrong, how many men in the same situation would be tempted?

Poll: Where will we finish this season?

Adam johnson on 18:20 - Mar 3 with 2261 viewsD_Alien

Adam johnson on 18:16 - Mar 3 by TalkingSutty

Somebody as taken offence, if that's the case they are well within their rights to report it as abuse. I don't think it's the best of threads to start but it didn't offend me enough to report it.

It's not up to anybody to have a go at posters for taking offence at something, we all have different thresholds.

I appreciate the different thresholds, but it's in the same category of speakers being denied platforms e.g. at universities, because people feel abused by hearing (or reading) something they find difficult to digest.

Look at the subsequent posts, and the very REAL issues of abuse that've been brought out for airing and the bright light of publicity. Without such posts as the OP, would it happen? There's abuse, and there's moral outrage. I'd say to those who feel outraged by the OP - save it for the REAL abuse that's going on all around you.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Adam johnson on 18:24 - Mar 3 with 2241 viewsSuddenLad

Adam johnson on 18:16 - Mar 3 by TalkingSutty

Somebody as taken offence, if that's the case they are well within their rights to report it as abuse. I don't think it's the best of threads to start but it didn't offend me enough to report it.

It's not up to anybody to have a go at posters for taking offence at something, we all have different thresholds.

But nobody has been 'abused' by the content of the OP.

There may well be differences of opinion about many topics and I'm sure we are all capable of saying what we feel without resorting to personal abuse (in most cases)

No idea what there is to be 'offended' by that justifies it as being 'flagged up' in that way.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

Adam johnson on 18:25 - Mar 3 with 2235 viewsTalkingSutty

Adam johnson on 18:20 - Mar 3 by D_Alien

I appreciate the different thresholds, but it's in the same category of speakers being denied platforms e.g. at universities, because people feel abused by hearing (or reading) something they find difficult to digest.

Look at the subsequent posts, and the very REAL issues of abuse that've been brought out for airing and the bright light of publicity. Without such posts as the OP, would it happen? There's abuse, and there's moral outrage. I'd say to those who feel outraged by the OP - save it for the REAL abuse that's going on all around you.

Some people might have a personal reason for voting down a post, just playing devils advocate. Agree it's developed into a interesting thread.
Adam johnson on 18:30 - Mar 3 with 2224 viewsD_Alien

Adam johnson on 18:25 - Mar 3 by TalkingSutty

Some people might have a personal reason for voting down a post, just playing devils advocate. Agree it's developed into a interesting thread.

It's not about those who've voted down though - no issue there at all.

And it's possible someone reading the OP might've been personally involved in an abusive situation, but what does the OP actually state that could be deemed abusive?

Adam johnson on 19:03 - Mar 3 with 2168 viewsSaxonDale

Adam johnson on 19:04 - Mar 3 with 2167 viewsTalkingSutty

Adam johnson on 18:30 - Mar 3 by D_Alien

It's not about those who've voted down though - no issue there at all.

And it's possible someone reading the OP might've been personally involved in an abusive situation, but what does the OP actually state that could be deemed abusive?

Well he mentions the clothes the girls wear and the amount of makeup and them asks how many other men could be tempted or words to that effect. It could be interpreted that the girls are partly responsible for dressing in that manner, which obviously is no defence for indulging in under age sex with girls or even being tempteed. There's no excuse obviously. If somebody finds the post offensive then fair enough, it depends how you view the contents .
Adam johnson on 19:26 - Mar 3 with 2124 viewsD_Alien

Adam johnson on 19:04 - Mar 3 by TalkingSutty

Well he mentions the clothes the girls wear and the amount of makeup and them asks how many other men could be tempted or words to that effect. It could be interpreted that the girls are partly responsible for dressing in that manner, which obviously is no defence for indulging in under age sex with girls or even being tempteed. There's no excuse obviously. If somebody finds the post offensive then fair enough, it depends how you view the contents .

Let's be clear.

Schoolgirls who dress the way the OP describes are trying out their youthful impact on the world around them - it's entirely natural and should never be taken as any form of real encouragement. They've yet to reach a fully mature understanding of what that impact might be. So the OP is simply describing the world as it is.

Unfortunately, there are blokes who're too immature to stop themselves from seeking to take advantage of the youthful attempts to look more grown up than they are. Adam Johnson comes across as nothing more than that - an immature bloke who betrayed his pregnant girlfriend into the bargain.

The press like to take advantage of the situation. It sells newspapers and/or helps with their advertising revenue.

I agree that there may be the hint of responsibility in the post on the part of the schoolgirls, but that's just misinterpreting their actions and falls a very long way short of abuse.

Disagreement yes; annoyance, yes; outrage even. But no abuse has taken place here.

Adam johnson on 19:38 - Mar 3 with 2083 viewsfinberty

What I want to know is - did anyone see the copper barge the BBC reporter out of the way on Wednesday, outside the court?
As far as I could tell, the defendant had been found guilty, and the reporter had a legitimate right to try to interview him. Then this uniformed bloke suddenly steps across and 'forcibly assists' the reported away from the defendant.

I considered the intervention to be violent, premeditated and unlawful.

Two questions. What entitles Johnson to police protection? At what point does the copper's action become assault?

BTW I couldn't give a hoot about Johnson. Or two hoots.
Login to get fewer ads

Adam johnson on 19:44 - Mar 3 with 2075 viewsTalkingSutty

Adam johnson on 19:26 - Mar 3 by D_Alien

Let's be clear.

Schoolgirls who dress the way the OP describes are trying out their youthful impact on the world around them - it's entirely natural and should never be taken as any form of real encouragement. They've yet to reach a fully mature understanding of what that impact might be. So the OP is simply describing the world as it is.

Unfortunately, there are blokes who're too immature to stop themselves from seeking to take advantage of the youthful attempts to look more grown up than they are. Adam Johnson comes across as nothing more than that - an immature bloke who betrayed his pregnant girlfriend into the bargain.

The press like to take advantage of the situation. It sells newspapers and/or helps with their advertising revenue.

I agree that there may be the hint of responsibility in the post on the part of the schoolgirls, but that's just misinterpreting their actions and falls a very long way short of abuse.

Disagreement yes; annoyance, yes; outrage even. But no abuse has taken place here.

It doesn't matter to me really, if it bothered me that much I would have voted it down. It's a nothing discussion really, the real points are in the additional posts.

If somebody votes a post down I don't see why it's worthy of criticism, it's that persons perogative and bugger all to do with me. I respect the original poster, he's come up with a lot of good contributions to the forum.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2016 19:52]
Adam johnson on 20:41 - Mar 3 with 2013 viewsColDale

Adam johnson on 16:25 - Mar 3 by DaleiLama

I haven't studied all the details of this case so it's really wrong to comment, but I saw half of the story on the news last night and did wonder (and I could be way off beam) if there was an element of honeytrap about it when she was standing in front of a microphone in front of the cameras instead of keeping her head down and out of the spotlight (which surely most traumatised people would do)?

Regardless of that, however, she told him she was 15. So only one verdict = guilty. I suspect he'll enjoy his showers in HMP less than S AFC, but he deserves everything he gets.

That wasn't her. She released a statement that was read out by someone from either the NSPCC or the Police.
Adam johnson on 21:10 - Mar 3 with 1968 viewsrochdaleriddler

he is a sexual predator, she was attracted to his fame, he should however be treated as anyone else in these circumstances, he was tried by media, no juror didnt know of this case, his sentence will be longer than an insurance clerk would get

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Adam johnson on 21:11 - Mar 3 with 1963 viewsrochdaleriddler

Adam johnson on 16:33 - Mar 3 by D_Alien

What Adam Johnson got up to was despicable, and he'll spend the rest of his life in shame.

Of more concern should be the fact that since the law on Forced Marriages was passed in 2007, there have been a mere handful of prosecutions. Meanwhile, every year literally hundreds of British nationals aged younger than 16 are tricked into travelling abroad to be wed to blokes they've never met and sometimes aged in their 50s or 60s. This, so that the "husband" can gain a visa to come and live in the UK.

The police and their teachers know who they are, but rarely does anyone try to intervene, and even more rarely are the parents of these children prosecuted.

Why isn't there outrage about this?

you know the answer to that

Poll: Will you download and use the contract tracing App being launched by the Govt

Adam johnson on 21:12 - Mar 3 with 1961 viewsDaleiLama

Adam johnson on 20:41 - Mar 3 by ColDale

That wasn't her. She released a statement that was read out by someone from either the NSPCC or the Police.

Thanks Col - I stand corrected and withdraw my comment - as I said, I came in in the middle of it.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2016 21:14]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Adam johnson on 21:19 - Mar 3 with 1941 viewsrochdaleriddler

Adam johnson on 18:11 - Mar 3 by D_Alien

I'm going to stick my neck out here (no?!) and ask why the OP was given as Abuse Reported.

Who has been abused, on this messageboard? The OP stated the wrongdoing, and then posed what I would regard as a perfectly legitimate question: how many men would be tempted in the same situation?

That's NOT saying you or I would be, but unquestionably there would be a lot of men who would, as our criminal justice system reveals every day. So I ask again, who, exactly, is being abused on here?

Edit: that's also why I've thumbs-downed the immediate post afterwards.

[Post edited 3 Mar 2016 18:14]

who cares if someone is offended, im sick of people that are constantly offended,

Adam johnson on 21:22 - Mar 3 with 1935 viewssweetcorn

Johnson groomed that girl and deserves everything he gets, i hope his anus resembles a chewed orange by the time he's released tbh.

However what I dont agree with is the girl being painted as a blameless victim, who didnt know what she was doing. Im sure she was more than aware what was happening and happy to do it as well.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Adam johnson on 21:28 - Mar 3 with 1730 viewsDaleiLama

Adam johnson on 19:26 - Mar 3 by D_Alien

Let's be clear.

In the words of the song, "all little sisters like to try on big sisters clothes". It's been happening since we dropped out of the trees.

Only the OP can really clarify what he meant. Even if he did personally find schoolgirls who dressed provocatively to be attractive, there's quite a gulf between that and actively grooming a girl you know to be under age and ratcheting up the stakes by leveraging a position of power. After Saville, Smith, Harris, Glitter, Clifford and everyone else Yewtree and other investigations have caught, Johnson's naivety and stupidity thinking he would not be caught and it wouldn't wreck his life knows no bounds. I also think he's a little more than immature. I would add devious, calculating and manipulative at the least. How he conducts himself for the remainder of his life will determine if more needs to be added to that list.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2016 21:32]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Adam johnson on 21:32 - Mar 3 with 1707 viewsmoth5368

Adam johnson on 21:22 - Mar 3 by sweetcorn

Johnson groomed that girl and deserves everything he gets, i hope his anus resembles a chewed orange by the time he's released tbh.

However what I dont agree with is the girl being painted as a blameless victim, who didnt know what she was doing. Im sure she was more than aware what was happening and happy to do it as well.

Which is the very attitude that allowed the grooming gangs of Rochdale & Rotherham to get away with what they did for so long. She Is not to blame, she is a child, the adult here takes the full responsibility.
Adam johnson on 22:03 - Mar 3 with 1666 viewsnordenblue

Adam johnson on 16:23 - Mar 3 by dingdangblue

They found he had googled "age of consent" - he knew it was wrong and is a bigger idiot thinking he could get away with it without her telling anyone.

Not only that,he text her asking when she was 16 so he was fully aware at the time she was only 15.
Adam johnson on 00:19 - Mar 4 with 1560 viewsD_Alien

Adam johnson on 21:28 - Mar 3 by DaleiLama

In the words of the song, "all little sisters like to try on big sisters clothes". It's been happening since we dropped out of the trees.

Only the OP can really clarify what he meant. Even if he did personally find schoolgirls who dressed provocatively to be attractive, there's quite a gulf between that and actively grooming a girl you know to be under age and ratcheting up the stakes by leveraging a position of power. After Saville, Smith, Harris, Glitter, Clifford and everyone else Yewtree and other investigations have caught, Johnson's naivety and stupidity thinking he would not be caught and it wouldn't wreck his life knows no bounds. I also think he's a little more than immature. I would add devious, calculating and manipulative at the least. How he conducts himself for the remainder of his life will determine if more needs to be added to that list.
[Post edited 3 Mar 2016 21:32]

The evidence given in court suggests he tried to be devious, calculating and manipulative but as you say, trying to be those things when you're naïve and stupid has landed him with one messed up life.

What's he going to say to his child who was being born on the very same day he was grooming the girl, when it's old enough to understand?

Going off media reports tonight, there's now something of a witchhunt against Sunderland FC for continuing to select him prior to the case coming to court and Johnson finally admitting his guilt on at least one charge. I find this type of reaction is typical of the kind of society we seem to be becoming - one where everyone thinks they're offended and starts lashing out and looking for mob justice.

If anyone did genuinely feel offended by the OP I apologise and I'd never seek to underplay the effect that abuse can have on someone. It's just that I do feel people are too ready to be offended if they're not directly involved in the case or something similar. You see it every day on twitter and other social media, and it's insulting to those who really are the victims of abuse.

Adam johnson on 06:45 - Mar 4 with 1483 viewsTalkingSutty

Adam johnson on 00:19 - Mar 4 by D_Alien

The evidence given in court suggests he tried to be devious, calculating and manipulative but as you say, trying to be those things when you're naïve and stupid has landed him with one messed up life.

What's he going to say to his child who was being born on the very same day he was grooming the girl, when it's old enough to understand?

Going off media reports tonight, there's now something of a witchhunt against Sunderland FC for continuing to select him prior to the case coming to court and Johnson finally admitting his guilt on at least one charge. I find this type of reaction is typical of the kind of society we seem to be becoming - one where everyone thinks they're offended and starts lashing out and looking for mob justice.

If anyone did genuinely feel offended by the OP I apologise and I'd never seek to underplay the effect that abuse can have on someone. It's just that I do feel people are too ready to be offended if they're not directly involved in the case or something similar. You see it every day on twitter and other social media, and it's insulting to those who really are the victims of abuse.

In response to the OP nobody as posted that they would be tempted, which is something of a relief.

People are well entitled to be offended when it comes to child abuse and I disagree with your comment that it's insulting to the victims of abuse to feel that way/post on Twitter etc. Electronic communication is how a lot of people display their feelings these days.

You don't have to be involved in the case/any case to feel repulsed .I think the main cause of concern are those that underplay the issue, not those who are ready to be offended.

This towns been dragged through the mud with Child abuse issues and the public are fed up to the back teeth of it. A post about being tempted to approach school girls is in poor taste but that's only my opinion, some have chosen to vote it down so I am not alone. We all have different thresholds so we aren't going to agree on this one, that would be boring anyway.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2016 7:11]
Adam johnson on 09:45 - Mar 4 with 1398 viewsdingdangblue

It was reported yesterday that in the time between Johnson being charged - and him pleading his innocence (to the sex act) and then eventually pleading guilty to grooming (and getting sacked) - he has claimed £2.6+ million in wages. He's stupid but obviously not that stupid.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2016 9:47]

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Adam johnson on 09:55 - Mar 4 with 1383 viewsaleanddale

When I first heard I though nightclub ale and dark lights ( in an adult only environment ) I had a tiny bit of compassion.

As we now know the shocking facts Johnson is very much a predator of an under age girl.

He will have plenty of time to reflect now as he deservedly does his time.

I was not offended by the OP I kinda got where he wanted to go with the question. Anybody remember rolling stone bill wyman and 15 yo Mandy smith? That was an ageing man with a schoolgirl and no legal hoo ha back in the 80's not even a moral debate.

It was plainly wrong then and it's plainly wrong now and any bloke tempted needs to have a long hard look at themselves.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2016 10:11]
Adam johnson on 09:59 - Mar 4 with 1375 viewsD_Alien

Adam johnson on 06:45 - Mar 4 by TalkingSutty

In response to the OP nobody as posted that they would be tempted, which is something of a relief.

People are well entitled to be offended when it comes to child abuse and I disagree with your comment that it's insulting to the victims of abuse to feel that way/post on Twitter etc. Electronic communication is how a lot of people display their feelings these days.

You don't have to be involved in the case/any case to feel repulsed .I think the main cause of concern are those that underplay the issue, not those who are ready to be offended.

This towns been dragged through the mud with Child abuse issues and the public are fed up to the back teeth of it. A post about being tempted to approach school girls is in poor taste but that's only my opinion, some have chosen to vote it down so I am not alone. We all have different thresholds so we aren't going to agree on this one, that would be boring anyway.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2016 7:11]

At the risk of having to repeat myself TS, there's nowt wrong with "voting posts down" - it's part and parcel of this messageboard.

I think you're now missing the point, quite frankly. You mention the town being dragged through the mud about child abuse. Why did it happen for so long? Quite simply because no-one was prepared to talk about it. The OP did this very directly, using pretty plain language. Being fed up to the back teeth, or being squeamish about the sensitivities doesn't get us anywhere, except help the perpetrators.

Adam johnson on 10:08 - Mar 4 with 1364 viewsdingdangblue

Adam johnson on 09:55 - Mar 4 by aleanddale

When I first heard I though nightclub ale and dark lights ( in an adult only environment ) I had a tiny bit of compassion.

As we now know the shocking facts Johnson is very much a predator of an under age girl.

He will have plenty of time to reflect now as he deservedly does his time.

I was not offended by the OP I kinda got where he wanted to go with the question. Anybody remember rolling stone bill wyman and 15 yo Mandy smith? That was an ageing man with a schoolgirl and no legal hoo ha back in the 80's not even a moral debate.

It was plainly wrong then and it's plainly wrong now and any bloke tempted needs to have a long hard look at themselves.
[Post edited 4 Mar 2016 10:11]

A predator of under age girls? Thought it was just the one? Not condoning what he's done in any way - but from the little I've heard about the case the girl was known to both Johnson and his partner before they got together. She was a Sunderland fan and was often hanging around before and after games and had obviously some sort of crush on him. He being the adult should have taken responsibility of his own adult actions . I very much doubt he was into other 'girls' - nothing else was mentioned in court as far as I know.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Adam johnson on 10:09 - Mar 4 with 1360 viewsSuddenLad

Don't the media just love a witch-hunt. Now their sights have been turned on to Sunderland AFC in an exercise to sell their tawdry newspapers and attract viwers to their TV stations.

Johnson was not officially guilty of any offence until he admitted it in Court or was found guilty by a jury. Any circumstances he explained to his employer prior to Court proceedings would have been done following 'legal advice'. His QC was present when those conversations took place.

If Sunderland had sacked Johnson last year, there would have been an understandable outcry for treating him as guilty before the court hearing. At any momemt until the opening of the court case, Johnson was free to say anything and could have changed his story at any time. Many do.

Sunderland sacked Johnson as soon as he had admitted his guilt in Court and (in my view) that was the right thing to do at the right time. It is not for Sunderland (or any other employer) to act as Judge and Jury before guilt is officially established.

The media will now look for more 'scalps' and claim a moral victory when resignations follow.

Sunderland couldn't win whichever way they dealt with Johson. They should tell the media to F--- Off.

“It is easier to fool people, than to convince them that they have been fooled”

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024