Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Guidolin 19:22 - Mar 19 with 8898 viewsshandyjack

Thanks but no thanks, what a boring formation, yes we won but why oh why are we playing this way

Poll: Expectation for the season

Guidolin on 19:23 - Mar 19 with 4254 viewsunion_jack

On today's performance, no arguments. Bad selection, bad set up.

However, he must have more in his armoury than just that.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Guidolin on 19:24 - Mar 19 with 4237 viewsSmellyplumz

It's a cheerio for me at the end of the season, far too negative and sickly. Total rebuild.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Guidolin on 19:27 - Mar 19 with 4204 viewsHugeEnkins

Guidolin on 19:23 - Mar 19 by union_jack

Agree wholeheartedly with this. We don't have the players for his usual structure but do we gamble on it next season? Theres a lot of changing to do and it might not work
Guidolin on 19:28 - Mar 19 with 4188 viewsA_Fans_Dad

There is Defensive and totally negative, this was in the totally negative genre.
The original setup was totally abysmal.
It gets nothing out of our best players at all.
The only slight positives were Kingsley is not too bad and Barrow and Gomis seem to play reasonably well together.
Guidolin on 19:29 - Mar 19 with 4179 viewsAngelRangelQS

Makes me yearn for the free flowing football days of Sousa
Guidolin on 19:32 - Mar 19 with 4146 viewsunion_jack

We'll play better in away games I reckon.

Villa really had nothing to lose today and we're always going to offer a threat if we went hung ho.

I didn't like today, I didn't really agree with the set up BUT it worked, fortuitously or otherwise.

Roll on next season with new players who can make us a top 10 team again.

If the vital areas aren't addressed, we'll be in Villa's shoes next year!

Guidolin on 19:36 - Mar 19 with 4101 viewsthomasJack

Guidolin is hired to do one thing and one thing only that to keep Swansea in PL no matter what... No One said it has to look pretty

Poll: Next signing

Guidolin on 19:38 - Mar 19 with 4081 viewslidojack

Problem is if we hadn't had that massive slice of luck we wouldn't have won. We offered the square root of f all going forward all game. We had one shot on target at home to the worst team in the league, that kind of thing should not be acceptable.
Login to get fewer ads

Guidolin on 19:38 - Mar 19 with 4077 viewsmorningstar

In Huw we trust? Koeman sent us a 'come and get me' plea, and in my opinion we have more quality in our squad than Leicester have. What could Ranieri have done with us. That was a shocking performance today. But I guess Huw will simply think "We played better with Curt as manager" and offer him the gig. We are so so much better than that. Our players deserve a quality manager to lead them. But they won't get it!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Guidolin on 19:39 - Mar 19 with 4048 viewsicecoldjack

Shambolic from us and a real lucky 3 pts.

The only thing I can think off is that the pressure to play these circumstances is difficult for the players. I saw plenty of forward passes to be made that were instead checked and played square or back.

The manager must have more than this to offer surely?

Crawl to the end of the season and get some fresh ideas in,oh , and don't forget to spend some serious cash this time !

Also, how the fookin are we playing rangel? Love him to bits but has been consistantly woeful for weeks . One of his worse games ever today and lucky villa had little confidence in the final 3 Rd .

Somehow in 18 months we have managed to turn ourselves into a run of the mill low skill level zero pace team short on ideas technique, ethos and style .

shambles and needs a major sort out from boardroom to tea room !
Guidolin on 19:42 - Mar 19 with 4013 viewsmonmouth

Guidolin on 19:23 - Mar 19 by union_jack

really mate? That was Southampton all over again. Luckily they had nothing up front.

Anyway, bollox, we won, but if it's the same against Stoke and Chels, then we know the score.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Guidolin on 19:48 - Mar 19 with 3962 viewsunion_jack

Guidolin on 19:42 - Mar 19 by monmouth

really mate? That was Southampton all over again. Luckily they had nothing up front.

Anyway, bollox, we won, but if it's the same against Stoke and Chels, then we know the score.

Don't know if you understood my post?

However, we won't play like that from now on in I hope because the pressure us nowhere near as high as it was at 5-30 today.

Guidolin on 19:59 - Mar 19 with 3888 viewsFearOfAJackPlanet

Fair play to him, he has the ability to make a massively important victory seem like a humiliating defeat...

Enjoying the next level
Poll: Have you ever seen Swansea City relegated before?

Guidolin on 19:59 - Mar 19 with 3882 viewsJackanapes

We should set up like we did last week. We didn't get any points but we got two goals. Errr.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Guidolin on 20:03 - Mar 19 with 3830 viewsStarsky

Guidolin on 19:59 - Mar 19 by Jackanapes

We should set up like we did last week. We didn't get any points but we got two goals. Errr.

Yep. I can't believe what he said.

It's just the internet, init.

Guidolin on 20:04 - Mar 19 with 3828 viewsmorningstar

Guidolin on 19:59 - Mar 19 by Jackanapes

Congratulations. You've just won the naive poster of the year award.

Guidolin on 20:04 - Mar 19 with 3818 viewsmonmouth

Guidolin on 19:48 - Mar 19 by union_jack

Don't know if you understood my post?

However, we won't play like that from now on in I hope because the pressure us nowhere near as high as it was at 5-30 today.

Ah yes, it was the 'more in his armoury' bit. Has he? The two home games he has genuinely controlled have been identically shite. Maybe it is just a 'needs must', but we risked not winning that today and were very fortunate to do so. One 'shot on target' which was an inadvertant nut that luckily went in the right direction.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Guidolin on 20:06 - Mar 19 with 3802 viewsJackanapes

Guidolin on 20:04 - Mar 19 by morningstar

Congratulations. You've just won the naive poster of the year award.

That is the general consensus on here? That we set up wrong, is it not?

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Guidolin on 20:08 - Mar 19 with 3772 viewsSwansea93

He's known for a 3 at the back attacking football, the way I see it is he thinks it's riskey to change it to that formation at this point in the season when the whole objective is just to survive, if he were to get the job end of the season then next season I think we'd see a different style/formation.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Guidolin on 20:08 - Mar 19 with 3772 viewsStarsky

Guidolin on 20:06 - Mar 19 by Jackanapes

Yes... Except for Mornstar.
He's quirky

It's just the internet, init.

Guidolin on 20:08 - Mar 19 with 3770 viewsmorningstar

Guidolin on 20:06 - Mar 19 by Jackanapes

Correct, but you obviously disagree because we won?

Guidolin on 20:09 - Mar 19 with 3757 viewsJackanapes

Guidolin on 20:08 - Mar 19 by morningstar

Correct, but you obviously disagree because we won?

Do I?

Guidolin on 20:10 - Mar 19 with 3744 viewsmorningstar

Guidolin on 20:08 - Mar 19 by Starsky

Yes... Except for Mornstar.
He's quirky

So you disagree with us both then?

Guidolin on 20:13 - Mar 19 with 3703 viewsmorningstar

Guidolin on 20:09 - Mar 19 by Jackanapes

Do I?

"We should set up like we did last week. We didn't get any points but we got two goals. Errr"

Do you?

Guidolin on 20:15 - Mar 19 with 3690 viewsJackanapes

Why didnt we have the same outcry last week when we threw away the game? We lost last week. Didn't see any threads attacking the management. We win this week, and its slit throat signs everywhere. Funny.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024