Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Guidolin 19:22 - Mar 19 with 8899 viewsshandyjack

Thanks but no thanks, what a boring formation, yes we won but why oh why are we playing this way

Poll: Expectation for the season

Guidolin on 21:09 - Mar 19 with 1673 viewsmorningstar

Guidolin on 21:03 - Mar 19 by Jackanapes

Where did I say that?
What I dislike is the fabricated narrative that there is some sort of battle going on. Good vs evil. That any thing good is down to curt and everything bad is down to Guidolin. Its downright juvenile. Curtis oversaw some grim performances too.

And i have said neither of them are good enough to lead our team long term. As I said, and you of course.

Stay of the drugs mate.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Guidolin on 21:10 - Mar 19 with 1664 viewsJackanapes

Guidolin on 21:09 - Mar 19 by morningstar

And i have said neither of them are good enough to lead our team long term. As I said, and you of course.

Stay of the drugs mate.

Off.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Guidolin on 21:15 - Mar 19 with 1645 viewsmonmouth

Guidolin on 21:03 - Mar 19 by Jackanapes

Where did I say that?
What I dislike is the fabricated narrative that there is some sort of battle going on. Good vs evil. That any thing good is down to curt and everything bad is down to Guidolin. Its downright juvenile. Curtis oversaw some grim performances too.

That's true, but did you honestly see more sign of hope today than last week?

I think play like last week for 38 games we get more points than playing like this week. I hope that's not put to the test though, and we play better than in both.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Guidolin on 21:17 - Mar 19 with 1634 viewsJackanapes

Guidolin on 21:15 - Mar 19 by monmouth

That's true, but did you honestly see more sign of hope today than last week?

I think play like last week for 38 games we get more points than playing like this week. I hope that's not put to the test though, and we play better than in both.

I saw more points on the board and less goals in our net.
[Post edited 19 Mar 2016 21:17]

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

Guidolin on 21:18 - Mar 19 with 1626 viewsmorningstar

Guidolin on 21:01 - Mar 19 by Dr_Winston

Who's saying that's how we'd play next season?

No, of course we wont. My apologies for not recogonising that Guidolin has in his possession a secret magic wand that turns negativity into posiitivity with a flick of his wrist!

Guidolin on 21:20 - Mar 19 with 1608 viewsDr_Winston

Guidolin on 21:18 - Mar 19 by morningstar

No, of course we wont. My apologies for not recogonising that Guidolin has in his possession a secret magic wand that turns negativity into posiitivity with a flick of his wrist!

You're not this dull Gar.

There is a difference between a team scrapping for points at the arse end of the table and a team starting a season after a manager has had the chance to work on his preferred setup with players he's brought in himself.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Guidolin on 21:20 - Mar 19 with 1605 viewsJackanapes

Guidolin on 21:18 - Mar 19 by morningstar

https://www.headway.org.uk/about-brain-injury/individuals/rehabilitation-and-con

Guidolin on 21:23 - Mar 19 with 1588 viewsJackanapes

Guidolin on 21:20 - Mar 19 by Dr_Winston

There is a difference between a team scrapping for points at the arse end of the table and a team starting a season after a manager has had the chance to work on his preferred setup with players he's brought in himself.

Oh yes he is.

Login to get fewer ads

Guidolin on 21:34 - Mar 19 with 1549 viewsmorningstar

Guidolin on 21:20 - Mar 19 by Dr_Winston

Your calling me dull? I'll tell you what dull is Job. You thinking this is horses for courses!

Guidolin on 21:36 - Mar 19 with 1545 viewscontroversial_jack

Guidolin on 19:36 - Mar 19 by thomasJack

Guidolin is hired to do one thing and one thing only that to keep Swansea in PL no matter what... No One said it has to look pretty

Good post, and he looks to have done just what he has been paid to do.
Guidolin on 21:37 - Mar 19 with 1535 viewsDr_Winston

Guidolin on 21:34 - Mar 19 by morningstar

Your calling me dull? I'll tell you what dull is Job. You thinking this is horses for courses!

At no point thus far in his managerial career has Guidolin been a defensive manager. He is renowned for playing attacking, pressing football. So yeah, horses for courses is exactly what I'm calling it.

And I'm not calling you dull, even though what you're saying tonight is.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Guidolin on 21:48 - Mar 19 with 1491 viewsmorningstar

Guidolin on 21:37 - Mar 19 by Dr_Winston

At no point thus far in his managerial career has Guidolin been a defensive manager. He is renowned for playing attacking, pressing football. So yeah, horses for courses is exactly what I'm calling it.

And I'm not calling you dull, even though what you're saying tonight is.

He hasn't managed in the premier league before. Being an attack minded manager in Italy doesn't quite cut it for me i'm afraid. But hey, if your happy with him not being as tactically aware as someone who has never had a permanent position as a manager before at the age of 63, then you crack on.

*disclaimer: I am not advocating Curt as our next manager.

Guidolin on 21:56 - Mar 19 with 1467 viewsDr_Winston

Guidolin on 21:48 - Mar 19 by morningstar

He hasn't managed in the premier league before. Being an attack minded manager in Italy doesn't quite cut it for me i'm afraid. But hey, if your happy with him not being as tactically aware as someone who has never had a permanent position as a manager before at the age of 63, then you crack on.

Not even Curt would advocate Curt as next manager.

I don't expect Guidolin to be here next season in any case. I just don't see the point in criticising him for a style of football that he clearly wouldn't be playing (demonstrated by his track record and, y'know, direct quotes and shit) if he'd taken over a team that wasn't locked into a relegation death spiral at the time.

Guidolin on 22:05 - Mar 19 with 1418 viewsLoyal

Get rid and quick.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Guidolin on 22:08 - Mar 19 with 1422 viewsJackanapes

If you are willing to appraise a managers ability on 5 games in charge, in the middle of a relegation scrap,with someone elses squad,(Ignoring the fact he has achieved his brief) I'd suggest your opinion is worthless.

Guidolin on 22:13 - Mar 19 with 1411 viewsDavillin

Wow!

With the exception of a few cool heads in this thread [thanks to them], some of the hysteria from some posters makes me wonder how they handle their non-football lives -- spouse, children, family members, job in all of its particulars, paying bills, keeping the house and car paid for and in good order, school -- things that really matter. If they approach their "real" lives the way they assess a football game, I'd be amazed if some of them are not under a psychiatrist's care, or need to be.

As in all sports, an individual faces an individual, or a team faces a team, and the contest starts out even at zeroes. What happens next is not a foregone conclusion. There is no promise or guarantee that one's own team will play superbly and win every game. Or every member of the team will be perfect. There is no promise or guarantee that a team which occupies the bottom of the table will be hammered into submission by a team at the top.

I watched the Villa game without the influence [or "interference"] of the boo-birds and found the game gripping. The Villa players were playing as hard as, or harder than, any opponent so far this season. They battled for every ball, every pass, every tackle. They ran themselves nearly to exhaustion. They gave no quarter and asked for none. Neither the Swansea team nor its individual players looked bad -- when they did -- by playing poorly in a vacuum. Villa players made everything difficult for Swansea. And they deserved credit for that.

But the Swansea players also deserved credit for fighting tooth and nail, giving as good as they got, and straining every muscle to win. That they sometimes looked bad was not due to their ineptitude, but to the pressure put on them by a desperate opponent.

To be truthful, I find it more worthy of acclaim that a team play well in that situation than a team that kicks the chit out of a team of limp-wristed quitters. Or even a team simply inferior.

The attitude of some after today's game, in specific hurling insults at Swansea players because they didn't look like world champions, is what I expect of the fans of the Manchesterites and their fellow superlatives.

[Curiously, some of the very types who so negatively express wonderment at the attitude of the "big-time Charlies" who never give the Swans any credit when the Swans beat them. [Same mirror, different side.]

When people choose to support a team in any sport, they would be better off if they understood that both victory and defeat are natural parts of that engagement, and that sometimes players and teams play better and sometimes worse, and that, although they do not have to like that, they need to learn to accept it with some level of equanimity.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Guidolin on 22:17 - Mar 19 with 1392 viewsOldjack

you haven't got a clue son ,nevermind is it

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Guidolin on 22:38 - Mar 19 with 1305 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Guidolin on 19:36 - Mar 19 by thomasJack

Guidolin is hired to do one thing and one thing only that to keep Swansea in PL no matter what... No One said it has to look pretty

Yes that's absolutely true. And before today I was convinced that when close season comes he was going tob revolutionize our playing style into a much more attacking unit.

However today I saw a man select a totally negative line up which gave the league's worst team by a country mile hope of a win. We made them look like Brazil .

Ki Sung Yeung and Cork should NEVER play in the same team. It gives the opposition licence to attack at will and at times a blanket could have been thrown over Cork, Fer and Ki .

When Leon came on at half time for ki I couldn't believe it but that was nothing in comparison to the shock later on when we sent on Naughton for Barrow.

Not good enough . Not for SCFC , anyway.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Guidolin on 22:40 - Mar 19 with 1311 viewsmorningstar

Guidolin on 22:17 - Mar 19 by Oldjack

you haven't got a clue son ,nevermind is it

That's not a very constructive response is it. I have at no time 'hammered' Guidolin for his efforts. I just do not think he has the tactical nouse to manage our team in the premier league. It's quite simple really.

Guidolin on 22:42 - Mar 19 with 1297 viewsraynor94

Guidolin on 22:38 - Mar 19 by Brynmill_Jack

Yes that's absolutely true. And before today I was convinced that when close season comes he was going tob revolutionize our playing style into a much more attacking unit.

However today I saw a man select a totally negative line up which gave the league's worst team by a country mile hope of a win. We made them look like Brazil .

Ki Sung Yeung and Cork should NEVER play in the same team. It gives the opposition licence to attack at will and at times a blanket could have been thrown over Cork, Fer and Ki .

When Leon came on at half time for ki I couldn't believe it but that was nothing in comparison to the shock later on when we sent on Naughton for Barrow.

Not good enough . Not for SCFC , anyway.

Perfectly summed up, Guidolin is a no from me

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Guidolin on 22:48 - Mar 19 with 1275 viewsmorningstar

Guidolin on 22:08 - Mar 19 by Jackanapes

If you are willing to appraise a managers ability on 5 games in charge, in the middle of a relegation scrap,with someone elses squad,(Ignoring the fact he has achieved his brief) I'd suggest your opinion is worthless.

Oh shut up you fanny. Let's get it right. We've been sh*t in the games he's managed us and then he became 'ill' due to the pressure of it all! I'm sure he's a lovely guy. Hell i even think so myself. But if you honestly think he is the man to lead our talented group of players into the next season then your off your fu**ing trolley mun. He's already pi**ed up £8m quid against the wall on Paloschi! FFS!
[Post edited 19 Mar 2016 22:53]

Guidolin on 08:40 - Mar 20 with 1106 viewsSwaneeRiver

I agree. Parking the bus at home with 20 odd minutes to go against what everyone agrees is the worst team in the division this season (and who deserved at least a draw out of today's game) is nothing short of pathetic.
We should have set our stall out to keep it tight at the back, but attack on both flanks and give them a pasting.
I know Guidoln's remit is to keep us up and Curtis may have felt he was struggling brior to him coming, but once the deed is done and we are mathematically safe, then we need to say thanks and arriverderchi to the negative Italian and his crew.
Keep Curtis there until after the last game then start the rebuild
Guidolin on 08:44 - Mar 20 with 1102 viewsJackanapes

Guidolin on 22:48 - Mar 19 by morningstar

Oh shut up you fanny. Let's get it right. We've been sh*t in the games he's managed us and then he became 'ill' due to the pressure of it all! I'm sure he's a lovely guy. Hell i even think so myself. But if you honestly think he is the man to lead our talented group of players into the next season then your off your fu**ing trolley mun. He's already pi**ed up £8m quid against the wall on Paloschi! FFS!

We werent shyt agaist Everton or WBA or Tottenham or Palace. Thats over half the games he oversaw. He also brought in Leroy Fer for .. errrr.. FK ALL.
Dont let utter fallacies hold you back though. Its quite entertaining.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2016 9:16]

Guidolin on 08:45 - Mar 20 with 1088 viewsLoyal

Guidolin on 22:48 - Mar 19 by morningstar

I haven't heard someone called a fanny for about fifteen years. Well done 👍

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Guidolin on 11:07 - Mar 20 with 1024 viewsChief

Guidolin on 08:44 - Mar 20 by Jackanapes

We werent shyt agaist Everton or WBA or Tottenham or Palace. Thats over half the games he oversaw. He also brought in Leroy Fer for .. errrr.. FK ALL.
Dont let utter fallacies hold you back though. Its quite entertaining.
[Post edited 20 Mar 2016 9:16]

Do you think he was the driving force in bringing Leroy Fer in?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024