Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thank you Francesco 16:40 - Apr 10 with 2385 viewsJethroJack

...with help from Curts of course....for managing us to our first Premier League win over Everton & Chelsea (albeit we've turned them over in the COC).

Does that make Spurs the only current Premier League club that we haven't beaten in the league yet?

Let's do the double over them next season....and its about time we took the FA Cup seriously too 👌
Thank you Francesco on 17:25 - Apr 10 with 2330 viewsnyc_swans

yes, Spurs are the only team left to beat.

FG will go down in history as a cult figure. signed on to keep the team up and he looks to be doing that in style. it's not entirely out of the question for the club to get a top 10 finish, even. remarkable stuff that i fear will be overlooked while the takeover is going on.
Thank you Francesco on 17:34 - Apr 10 with 2309 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Thank you Francesco on 17:25 - Apr 10 by nyc_swans

FG will go down in history as a cult figure. signed on to keep the team up and he looks to be doing that in style. it's not entirely out of the question for the club to get a top 10 finish, even. remarkable stuff that i fear will be overlooked while the takeover is going on.

And there are still people who want BR back instead of Guidolin.
BR failed at Pool with a £200M warchest in his second season, how do they expect him to do any better here than one of Italy's top Manager/Coaches/Football Directors?
Thank you Francesco on 17:39 - Apr 10 with 2292 viewsnyc_swans

Thank you Francesco on 17:34 - Apr 10 by A_Fans_Dad

And there are still people who want BR back instead of Guidolin.
BR failed at Pool with a £200M warchest in his second season, how do they expect him to do any better here than one of Italy's top Manager/Coaches/Football Directors?

it's not just rodgers that people want back. it's many of the players that have since moved on too.

it's not an affliction. i understand it. they were key figures in the most successful period of the club's history and fond memories are associated. i don't blame anybody for wanting any of these people back, but i do think to progress you need to move on.
Thank you Francesco on 17:45 - Apr 10 with 2274 viewsDICKIETAPISAJACK

Guidolin & Curtis have saved a sinking ship. God bless them both.

Happy Days :-)

Thank you Francesco on 17:50 - Apr 10 with 2250 viewsLandore_Jack

Guidolin deserves the job permanently.

#backtojack

Thank you Francesco on 17:55 - Apr 10 with 2222 viewsDavillin

Thank you Francesco on 17:50 - Apr 10 by Landore_Jack

I agree, but this new twist of the tale -- a mooted "investment" -- will probably prove to be fatal to retaining Guidolin.

The Yanks probably have somebody already lined up to replace him, which would be typical.

And a shame, because Guidolin is by far the most "decorated" and successful manager we've ever had.

I can only imagine what he could do if he starts next season afresh, based on what he's already done for Swansea.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Thank you Francesco on 17:58 - Apr 10 with 2208 viewsJethroJack

FG, Curts, Ash, Siggy....all key factors in taking us into our 6th Premier League season.
Oh yeah....and Jonjo buggering off to the Barcodes was a huge help too, not to mention the £12,000,000 he left behind 😜
Thank you Francesco on 18:08 - Apr 10 with 2163 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Thank you Francesco on 17:55 - Apr 10 by Davillin

I agree, but this new twist of the tale -- a mooted "investment" -- will probably prove to be fatal to retaining Guidolin.

The Yanks probably have somebody already lined up to replace him, which would be typical.

And a shame, because Guidolin is by far the most "decorated" and successful manager we've ever had.

I can only imagine what he could do if he starts next season afresh, based on what he's already done for Swansea.

That will depend a lot on whether Huw does retain his job and still have the same responsibilities of hiring & firing.
Login to get fewer ads

Thank you Francesco on 18:14 - Apr 10 with 2144 viewsDavillin

Thank you Francesco on 18:08 - Apr 10 by A_Fans_Dad

That will depend a lot on whether Huw does retain his job and still have the same responsibilities of hiring & firing.

Good point, but I seriously doubt that he will.

If "fans" bought the club, he might. I suspect that it's another sop flung on the floor in front of us, like the suggestion that they want the supporters to continue to be involved. Right.

They could prove it by increasing the Trust's share to 26% and I'll believe that one. Don't wait.

I don't care. I'm old. I don't have to.
Poll: In which hemispheres will China's space station [or biggest piece] crash?

Thank you Francesco on 18:19 - Apr 10 with 2114 viewsjack247

Thank you Francesco on 17:25 - Apr 10 by nyc_swans

it will be totally overlooked. I bet more people will remember Brian Flynn in 10 years time. If he wanted to go down in folklore he would have had to keep us up on the last day. None of this steering us to safety with weeks to go nonsense.
Thank you Francesco on 01:56 - Apr 11 with 1925 viewsTreforys_Jack

It baffles me we have people slagging FG off, good enough to be in the running for the Italian national job, but not good enough for us. Only in Swansea aye.
Thank you Francesco on 02:23 - Apr 11 with 1906 viewsSwansNZ

He’s done a great job.

Of the current PL cubs, we’ve also not beaten Bournemouth, but during our 5 years in the PL, have beaten every club that has been in the PL for more than 1 season. We’ve not beaten Wolves or Reading (drew every game), both of which had just one 1 PL season in our time.

Poll: Should the official match day thread include pictures?

Thank you Francesco on 02:48 - Apr 11 with 1886 viewsjackharris

Thank you Francesco on 02:23 - Apr 11 by SwansNZ

He’s done a great job.

Of the current PL cubs, we’ve also not beaten Bournemouth, but during our 5 years in the PL, have beaten every club that has been in the PL for more than 1 season. We’ve not beaten Wolves or Reading (drew every game), both of which had just one 1 PL season in our time.

Both games against Wolves were amazing 2-0 away from home absolutely controlled the match and ended up drawing 2-2 and still could of lost it in the end live on Sky Sports!

Then we drew 4-4 after being 3-0 and 4-1 I think! Brendan played 3 at the back and Jarvis, Fletcher and some other geezer murdered us!

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

Thank you Francesco on 09:11 - Apr 11 with 1735 viewsAnotherJohn

Thank you Francesco on 02:48 - Apr 11 by jackharris

Both games against Wolves were amazing 2-0 away from home absolutely controlled the match and ended up drawing 2-2 and still could of lost it in the end live on Sky Sports!

Then we drew 4-4 after being 3-0 and 4-1 I think! Brendan played 3 at the back and Jarvis, Fletcher and some other geezer murdered us!

It is true that we didn't have such a great squad in that first EPL season, but there were quite a few reverses and I can remember feeling distinctly nervous about second season syndrome - even before Brendan jumped ship. I'm not so sure he would be a "safe pair of hands" away from the big money of a club like Liverpool. I can't see why we wouldn't go for Guido and Curt if they are willing to stay on.
Thank you Francesco on 15:26 - Apr 11 with 1539 viewsSwaneeRiver

Bournemouth and Leicester also (as PL clubs)
Thank you Francesco on 15:34 - Apr 11 with 1527 viewsChrisSCFC

Thank you Francesco on 02:48 - Apr 11 by jackharris

2-0 up at Wolves in cruise control then Brendan replaced Leon with f*cking Orlandi.

He didn't do that again.
Thank you Francesco on 18:48 - Apr 11 with 1381 viewsJethroJack

Thank you Francesco on 15:26 - Apr 11 by SwaneeRiver

Bournemouth and Leicester also (as PL clubs)

What do you mean, sides we haven't beaten in PL?
We beat Leicester 2-0 at the Liberty last season, didn't we?
Thank you Francesco on 19:06 - Apr 11 with 1339 viewslonglostjack

Guido and Curt have done a great job. Why rock the boat again? What is the big attraction of getting Bren back? And Bielsa ? Big name for the new owners perhaps? Perhaps it's all part of the "we have arrived thanks to the "investment" spin?" Why don't we go the whole hog and get Mourinho? The media would love us.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Thank you Francesco on 19:07 - Apr 11 with 1337 viewsLord_Bony

Thank you Francesco on 17:50 - Apr 10 by Landore_Jack

And he wants it too...hes already said hes very happy here.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Thank you Francesco on 19:17 - Apr 11 with 1296 viewssomersetsimon

Thank you Francesco on 17:55 - Apr 10 by Davillin

So why would the new investors want a different manager?
Thank you Francesco on 19:32 - Apr 11 with 1252 viewslonglostjack

Thank you Francesco on 19:17 - Apr 11 by somersetsimon

So why would the new investors want a different manager?

Big name lined up perhaps - statement of intent and all that crap?

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024