Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gylfi is god 17:52 - Apr 10 with 4354 viewsDICKIETAPISAJACK

Can anyone tell me how "Super Garry Monk" also known as Mr Blobby, picked Gylfi out of position to accomodate that useless sack of s--- shelvey? I'm taking my credit card up to St James's next week to buy all the geordies a drink for taking the useless sack of c***. Thank God he has gone.;-)

Happy Days :-)

Gylfi is god on 18:16 - Apr 10 with 3595 viewsfelixstowe_jack

50,000 pints at £2.50 that is £125,000 you have a good credit limit with that card.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Gylfi is god on 18:21 - Apr 10 with 3563 viewspencoedjack

No

I agree Gylfi is God .... I wish someone artistic would make a decent song up about him
Gylfi is god on 18:31 - Apr 10 with 3520 viewsjackrabbit

I agree. Gylfi has been a performer of legendary proportions this season once JJS had moved on to better things (?). I often wonder how Spurs could leave him on the bench. To be fair to them watching Christian Erriksen put that cross in just now for Alli's goal, answered it for me. Gylfi and Erriksen are similar players but Erriksen had the chance to establish himself first - fortunately for us.
Gylfi is one of the best players ever in a Swans shirt, and I go back to the great Ivor Allchurch with that estimation. I sincerely hope we can hang on to him, but there seems to be some conjecture that with Leicester almost certainly in the Champions League next season, he'd be a great fit with them. And who could blame him, if that opportunity came along? He's definitely good enough for the Champions League. He'd leave a hell of a hole in our team though.
Gylfi is god on 18:59 - Apr 10 with 3419 viewspencoedjack

Gylfi is god on 18:31 - Apr 10 by jackrabbit

I agree. Gylfi has been a performer of legendary proportions this season once JJS had moved on to better things (?). I often wonder how Spurs could leave him on the bench. To be fair to them watching Christian Erriksen put that cross in just now for Alli's goal, answered it for me. Gylfi and Erriksen are similar players but Erriksen had the chance to establish himself first - fortunately for us.
Gylfi is one of the best players ever in a Swans shirt, and I go back to the great Ivor Allchurch with that estimation. I sincerely hope we can hang on to him, but there seems to be some conjecture that with Leicester almost certainly in the Champions League next season, he'd be a great fit with them. And who could blame him, if that opportunity came along? He's definitely good enough for the Champions League. He'd leave a hell of a hole in our team though.

Although my support does not go back as far as Ivor Gylfi is up there with the best players I have seen in a swans shirt.

Don't like your 'Leicester fit' probably because you are right.... 1 player we cannot let go.
Gylfi is god on 19:21 - Apr 10 with 3371 viewsplasjack

Gylfi is god on 18:59 - Apr 10 by pencoedjack

Although my support does not go back as far as Ivor Gylfi is up there with the best players I have seen in a swans shirt.

Don't like your 'Leicester fit' probably because you are right.... 1 player we cannot let go.

If he is sold (hope not) £10 million?.
Gylfi is god on 19:36 - Apr 10 with 3341 viewspencoedjack

Gylfi is god on 19:21 - Apr 10 by plasjack

If he is sold (hope not) £10 million?.

I would imagine a minimum of 15 million although I don't want to think about it
Gylfi is god on 19:40 - Apr 10 with 3321 viewsicecoldjack

He was outstanding at Reading but failed at Hoffingheim, came to Swansea was superb, then signed for Spurs and failed to establish himself, returned to Swansea and became awesome again.

Footballers are happiest when playing well, i know money also talks.

I honestly think with the Euro's in the summer Gylfi will be focused on that and a return to somewhere he knows after it, the only nagging thing i have is that i can honestly see a return to Spurs to suppliment their champions league campaign being an option.

Easy for both parties, by all accounts Poch had to cut players and was reluctant to sell Siggy, with champions league football in the bag, it would be an easy fit for all concerned.

Other than that i think he will do another season here, what we have to do is match his ambition with top quality players .

Outstanding top notch player, shameful he was sat on the bench for us and moved around to accomadate monks pet project shelvey.
Gylfi is god on 19:56 - Apr 10 with 3279 viewsSwaneeRiver

It's not always a given that brilliant players will leave, especially when they have had their fingers burned once.
Next season we could build a team around Gylfi, get a Bony-type player in (Wilf perhaps ? ) and with a couple of additions have a really successful season.
If we are to grow (and especially if money is injected as has been discussed since yesterday) then it's important we hang onto all our players.
We saw what a negative impact selling Bony had.
Login to get fewer ads

Gylfi is god on 20:04 - Apr 10 with 3254 viewsDewi1jack

Gylfi is god on 19:36 - Apr 10 by pencoedjack

I would imagine a minimum of 15 million although I don't want to think about it

Remember this is the amount we got for Joey.
Siggy is 3rd in the PL highest scorers list this season, behind 'Arry (YJB he's one of our own!!) Kane and Aguero.
I'd be inclined to be looking for a lot more than £15 million unless your minimum has an awful lot of add ons Penc

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Gylfi is god on 20:07 - Apr 10 with 3239 viewsnyc_swans

well first of all, he needs to sign an improved contract before he jets off to the Euros. and then a striker needs to be brought in who will play to Gylfi's strengths. i'm not suggesting Bony, but someone with similar qualities.
Gylfi is god on 20:08 - Apr 10 with 3233 viewspencoedjack

Gylfi is god on 20:04 - Apr 10 by Dewi1jack

Siggy is 3rd in the PL highest scorers list this season, behind 'Arry (YJB he's one of our own!!) Kane and Aguero.
I'd be inclined to be looking for a lot more than £15 million unless your minimum has an awful lot of add ons Penc

I am a bit blinkered when it comes to Gylfi so thought my 50 million price tag would be scoffed at Dewi.

Gylfi walks on water imo
Gylfi is god on 20:12 - Apr 10 with 3211 viewsBanosswan

Gylfi is god on 20:04 - Apr 10 by Dewi1jack

I think that stat is in 2016, rather than all season. Still awesome though.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Gylfi is god on 20:14 - Apr 10 with 3194 viewsjasper_T

Gylfi is a better footballer with a Graham/Paloschi type doing the running for him than a Bony.
Gylfi is god on 20:22 - Apr 10 with 3171 viewspencoedjack

Gylfi is god on 20:14 - Apr 10 by jasper_T

Gylfi is a better footballer with a Graham/Paloschi type doing the running for him than a Bony.

There is a surprise jasper disagreeing

I think a lot of Swansea supporters thought the Bony Siggy partnership was pretty decent.
Gylfi is god on 20:30 - Apr 10 with 3146 viewsjasper_T

Gylfi is god on 20:22 - Apr 10 by pencoedjack

There is a surprise jasper disagreeing

I think a lot of Swansea supporters thought the Bony Siggy partnership was pretty decent.

It was great for Bony, and worked very well as a partnership, but Gylfi himself is better when he doesn't have to cover as much ground alone.

If the plan is to "build the team around Gylfi", that's the archetype we should be looking for (with Paloschi ideally as able backup).
Gylfi is god on 20:39 - Apr 10 with 3111 viewsjack247

Gylfi is god on 20:30 - Apr 10 by jasper_T

It was great for Bony, and worked very well as a partnership, but Gylfi himself is better when he doesn't have to cover as much ground alone.

If the plan is to "build the team around Gylfi", that's the archetype we should be looking for (with Paloschi ideally as able backup).

That's pretty much irrelevant. The reason people want to build our team around Gylfi is he is our best player and has easily overtaken Ayew as our biggest goal threat.

In the unlikely event we were able to bring Bony back, or the slightly more likely event we could sign someone in his mould, we would do what was best for the team, not the individual. A Gylfi/Paloschi partnership may work better for Gylfi, but a Gylfi/Bony partnership would be better for the Swans.
Gylfi is god on 20:48 - Apr 10 with 3080 viewspencoedjack

Gylfi is god on 20:39 - Apr 10 by jack247

That's pretty much irrelevant. The reason people want to build our team around Gylfi is he is our best player and has easily overtaken Ayew as our biggest goal threat.

In the unlikely event we were able to bring Bony back, or the slightly more likely event we could sign someone in his mould, we would do what was best for the team, not the individual. A Gylfi/Paloschi partnership may work better for Gylfi, but a Gylfi/Bony partnership would be better for the Swans.

You are right

In Wilfs last season

Bafe 10 goals
Wilf 9 goals
Gylfi 9 goals

Proving Gylfi can play with different strikers

Jasper just likes disagreeing with posters
Gylfi is god on 21:13 - Apr 10 with 2994 viewsWingstandwood

The thing about "Super Garry Monk"? The guy came across as being too egotistical for his own good to ever change his mind because it would make him look wrong and not the 'Mr Managerial-Genius' he was in his own mind. If he'd had the modesty to work with a more qualified, capable and respected back-room-team e.g. Curtis and had played Gylfi the chances are he'd still be here!
[Post edited 10 Apr 2016 21:16]

Argus!

Gylfi is god on 21:14 - Apr 10 with 2990 viewsDewi1jack

Gylfi is god on 20:08 - Apr 10 by pencoedjack

I am a bit blinkered when it comes to Gylfi so thought my 50 million price tag would be scoffed at Dewi.

Gylfi walks on water imo

How about we split the diff and go around the £25 million mark, with just a sell on clause.
If you can get Newcastle/ QPR etc to lob out £50 million we'll do a double driver stint to get him there quicker

Edit.
I'd love us to make him our No 1 player and build the team around him.
He's been burned by a transfer once, he may not want to get trashed by a bigger club again.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2016 21:16]

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Gylfi is god on 21:37 - Apr 10 with 2915 viewsjasper_T

No one is arguing that Gylfi can't play with other strikers. He's an excellent footballer who makes everyone around him better because even when things aren't set up for him he works his socks off.

But to get the best out of our best player we should look for someone that's going to help Gylfi as much as the other way around, doing their share and more of the grunt work, as Paloschi did so well against Chelsea.

Gylfi sacrificed some things to help Bony, so unless we're actually able to get Wilf back (and he's got the right mentality to drop back down a level) it seems obvious that we should aim for that workhorse type to complement Gylfi once Gomis is fired into the sun (Qatar/China).
Gylfi is god on 22:24 - Apr 10 with 2856 viewsAquinas

I was a massive Bony fan and would welcome him back, however I was all for selling him at the price we did.

However, I really can't put a price on Gylfi at the moment. Not just because he almost single handedly secured our survival, but because he is the only player we have which makes me feel excited when he is on the ball. He is in the same category at Trundle, Bodde, Michu.

I think the only reason he will be with us after the summer is because his time at spurs haunts him. If it is true that we are being taken over by the Americans this summer, I am sure their faces would light up when one of their advisors tells them that they could sell one of their players for £20 million in their first week of ownership.

Also, Eder scored again today and got an assist, so they will be looking to re-coup at least 80% of what we paid.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2016 22:25]
Gylfi is god on 10:01 - Apr 11 with 2653 viewsTrundle10

Gylfi is God...... Jesus wept.
Gylfi is god on 10:18 - Apr 11 with 2619 viewsdna

Gylfi is god on 22:24 - Apr 10 by Aquinas

I was a massive Bony fan and would welcome him back, however I was all for selling him at the price we did.

However, I really can't put a price on Gylfi at the moment. Not just because he almost single handedly secured our survival, but because he is the only player we have which makes me feel excited when he is on the ball. He is in the same category at Trundle, Bodde, Michu.

I think the only reason he will be with us after the summer is because his time at spurs haunts him. If it is true that we are being taken over by the Americans this summer, I am sure their faces would light up when one of their advisors tells them that they could sell one of their players for £20 million in their first week of ownership.

Also, Eder scored again today and got an assist, so they will be looking to re-coup at least 80% of what we paid.
[Post edited 10 Apr 2016 22:25]

This is the 2nd time he's been pivotal in our staying up - arguably, he was even better during his loan period
Gylfi is god on 10:20 - Apr 11 with 2613 viewsjack247

Gylfi is god on 21:37 - Apr 10 by jasper_T

No one is arguing that Gylfi can't play with other strikers. He's an excellent footballer who makes everyone around him better because even when things aren't set up for him he works his socks off.

But to get the best out of our best player we should look for someone that's going to help Gylfi as much as the other way around, doing their share and more of the grunt work, as Paloschi did so well against Chelsea.

Gylfi sacrificed some things to help Bony, so unless we're actually able to get Wilf back (and he's got the right mentality to drop back down a level) it seems obvious that we should aim for that workhorse type to complement Gylfi once Gomis is fired into the sun (Qatar/China).

Assuming Gylfi stays, which I think he will, there are two broad striking options

Someone in the Bony mould (I realise he has a fairly unusual skill set and there won't be many like him available) in which case he becomes the main man and Gylfi supports him like he did with Bony.

Someone in the Danny Graham/Paloschi mould (I know they have different strengths but both are willing to drop deep and do a lot of the running, creating space for Gylfi) Graham had a good partnership with Gylfi, potentially Paloschi could too.

Whichever type of forward we bring in, we do whatever is best for the team. If that's also best for Gylfi (Graham) then great, if it's not (Bony) still great.
Gylfi is god on 11:34 - Apr 11 with 2545 viewsjasper_T

The risk is that we might end up with another Gomis who superficially resembles Bony in some ways but ends up completely mismatched with Gylfi.

If Paloschi can replicate his Chelsea performance regularly for us then I'm willing to eat crow over the signing and praise Saint Albert as our true Number 9. Sell Gomis, keep Eder and Ayew, invest in full-backs etc.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024