Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... 13:04 - Oct 11 with 10716 viewsStarsky

How important to our recovery are Our fitness issues?

It's no secret that questions have been asked about Guidolins training regime, particularly this season. I read somewhere on here regarding the American tour, Guidolin was watching the Tour de France while the team was training. Even Ashley Williams had a parting shot about training at the Liberty.

Guidolin eventually had the team playing much better but we were blowing out of our arses in the 2nd halves

If Bradley ups the ante in training and the signs are looking good, maybe just maybe the Swans can play at tempo for most of the game and that should reignite our wingers form and create a chain reaction.

We played our tempo game in the first half against Liverpool. Only in the second half was Barrow brought on... when we we'd already slowed down. No wonder Barrow was largely anonymous.

Fitness and tempo could revitalise our season and make BB a hero... it will take a month or two.

Could this be all we need to rise up the table until the January transfer window opens?

Discuss?

It's just the internet, init.

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 16:34 - Oct 13 with 1423 viewsTummer_from_Texas

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 15:41 - Oct 13 by jasper_T

You yourself identified some of the reasons why our current points tally at this early point in the season is deceptive.

Guidolin would have easily kept us up. Bradley probably will too.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2016 15:42]

Hope you are right of course, but I haven't been quite as positive about what I'm seeing, even against Man City and Liverpool, and I'm normally a sunshine pumper.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 02:02 - Oct 14 with 1294 viewsStarsky

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 14:35 - Oct 11 by jasper_T

When poor footballing sides get worn down by better teams (how often do top 4/6 teams get late winners in games?) it's not their fitness that's at fault.

No team without a dodgy Spanish doctor can keep up the amount of workrate the players were having to put in against Liverpool for a full 90 minutes.

If you can't retain possession and manage the game, fitness levels can only go so far. Human beings have limits. "Run more, work harder" doesn't work.

I'll question the players fitness when they struggle to see out 45 minutes, never get up to the pace of the game etc.

It seems my argument may have some merit after all...

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bob-bradley-reveals-sw

It's just the internet, init.

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 05:55 - Oct 14 with 1260 viewsjasper_T

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 02:02 - Oct 14 by Starsky

It seems my argument may have some merit after all...

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/bob-bradley-reveals-sw

Monk was very focused on fitness training, too, and in a lot of games players were tiring even faster than they did under Guidolin as they weren't getting enough recovery time between games.

Ranieri cut session volume down immensely when he arrived at Leicester as he felt the natural training intensity was too high over here. Didn't work out too badly for them.

The players didn't like Laudrup's approach to training either, and we got a trophy out of it. Have we had anything resembling a cup run since? Midweek games are a serious challenge with a traditional intensive training schedule.
The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 06:55 - Oct 14 with 1250 viewsjack247

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 05:55 - Oct 14 by jasper_T

Monk was very focused on fitness training, too, and in a lot of games players were tiring even faster than they did under Guidolin as they weren't getting enough recovery time between games.

Ranieri cut session volume down immensely when he arrived at Leicester as he felt the natural training intensity was too high over here. Didn't work out too badly for them.

The players didn't like Laudrup's approach to training either, and we got a trophy out of it. Have we had anything resembling a cup run since? Midweek games are a serious challenge with a traditional intensive training schedule.

There's a credible argument that they were overtrained under Monk
The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 07:31 - Oct 14 with 1238 viewsPrivate_Partz

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 05:55 - Oct 14 by jasper_T

I think you have highlighted an argument that has existed at the club for a long time. Continental v British styles of training. ML coached the players but treated them like adults and expected them to keep their fitness levels up. I suspect Frankie was no different. Americans will obviously copy the British style as an emerging nation in the sport as they are more likely to look at a UK model.
I know I am a conspiracy theorist but isn't this player view strange coming to light after 7 games and a two year contract? I suspect it is another clumsy way of discrediting FG to justify their appointment. I notice there was no mention of a poor and late transfer window in the reason for the so called slide.
There is no doubt over training causes injury and with a relatively small squad this could come back to bite us if we do have a boot camp style of training now.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 10:19 - Oct 14 with 1221 viewsA_Fans_Dad

If you read that latest article he appears to not want to Over Train ie spend many hours on the training field like Monk.
He seems to be more in to short sharp high intensity training.
That may lead to better fitness during the game, but it could also lead to a lot of soft tissue injuries during training.
I think our non game injury record over the last 2 years has been pretty good.
Certainly under ML we seem to have had a lot of training injuries.
The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 11:55 - Oct 14 with 1190 viewsjasper_T

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 10:19 - Oct 14 by A_Fans_Dad

If you read that latest article he appears to not want to Over Train ie spend many hours on the training field like Monk.
He seems to be more in to short sharp high intensity training.
That may lead to better fitness during the game, but it could also lead to a lot of soft tissue injuries during training.
I think our non game injury record over the last 2 years has been pretty good.
Certainly under ML we seem to have had a lot of training injuries.

Our recent injury record is stellar, and was very good in Laudrup's first season too iirc.

It was only the added strain of Europa League fixtures that seemed to cause significant problems (and then mainly in players that were known sicknotes/ticking time bombs (Hernandez, Michu...).

I think Bradley has had to address fitness concerns in his press conferences, but based on what was supposedly said in the interview process, seems to realise that players tiring is more a symptom than it is the cause of the issues in performance.

Otherwise Mr. "Run more, work harder" would have go the job.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024