Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... 13:04 - Oct 11 with 10635 viewsStarsky

How important to our recovery are Our fitness issues?

It's no secret that questions have been asked about Guidolins training regime, particularly this season. I read somewhere on here regarding the American tour, Guidolin was watching the Tour de France while the team was training. Even Ashley Williams had a parting shot about training at the Liberty.

Guidolin eventually had the team playing much better but we were blowing out of our arses in the 2nd halves

If Bradley ups the ante in training and the signs are looking good, maybe just maybe the Swans can play at tempo for most of the game and that should reignite our wingers form and create a chain reaction.

We played our tempo game in the first half against Liverpool. Only in the second half was Barrow brought on... when we we'd already slowed down. No wonder Barrow was largely anonymous.

Fitness and tempo could revitalise our season and make BB a hero... it will take a month or two.

Could this be all we need to rise up the table until the January transfer window opens?

Discuss?

It's just the internet, init.

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 21:49 - Oct 12 with 1578 viewsDarran

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 21:44 - Oct 12 by Tummer_from_Texas

4 points after 7 fixtures = 0.5714 points per fixture

38 fixtures X 0.5714 = 21.714 points.

Fair play.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 21:52 - Oct 12 with 1575 viewsTummer_from_Texas

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 21:48 - Oct 12 by Dr_Winston

If each fixture offered an equally likely chance of points then that'd mean something.

Yes, and I originally said I understood that we had a front-loaded schedule. But I still don't see how anyone could say that FG had been "easily" steering us to the points target, based on the results so far.
[Post edited 12 Oct 2016 21:55]

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 22:10 - Oct 12 with 1551 viewsmorningstar

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 21:48 - Oct 12 by Dr_Winston

If each fixture offered an equally likely chance of points then that'd mean something.

Ye, but either way, i'll be well chuffed if we manage to get 22 points! Then again, there's always the pessimists who'll disagree!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 22:18 - Oct 12 with 1533 viewslonglostjack

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 21:44 - Oct 12 by Tummer_from_Texas

4 points after 7 fixtures = 0.5714 points per fixture

38 fixtures X 0.5714 = 21.714 points.

Do you work in IT ?

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 22:21 - Oct 12 with 1523 viewsTummer_from_Texas

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 22:18 - Oct 12 by longlostjack

Do you work in IT ?

No, but I've been told that I'm full of IT.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 00:18 - Oct 13 with 1472 viewsjasper_T

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 21:52 - Oct 12 by Tummer_from_Texas

Yes, and I originally said I understood that we had a front-loaded schedule. But I still don't see how anyone could say that FG had been "easily" steering us to the points target, based on the results so far.
[Post edited 12 Oct 2016 21:55]

Do you watch games or just read scores afterwards?

We had a tough run of games and a badly-timed dip in performance levels, which happens to every team at some point during a season and had been rectified before the end. It wasn't the same situation as with Monk where he was turning up each week with no ideas and no sign of improvement.
The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 00:40 - Oct 13 with 1449 viewsTummer_from_Texas

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 00:18 - Oct 13 by jasper_T

We had a tough run of games and a badly-timed dip in performance levels, which happens to every team at some point during a season and had been rectified before the end. It wasn't the same situation as with Monk where he was turning up each week with no ideas and no sign of improvement.

"and had been rectified before the end."

I see...so if I disagree and don't buy into the belief that FG was "easily" steering us to our point goal through the first 7 fixtures, then that means I haven't been watching the games.

Gotcha, big guy. I ever so hopefully look forward to Your Graciousness teaching me this more about this game I obviously don't understand at all.

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 01:26 - Oct 13 with 1429 viewsTummer_from_Texas

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 00:18 - Oct 13 by jasper_T

Where though did I say that there were no signs of improvement?

I was just arguing that - improvement in the last two games was nice and all - 4 points in 7 fixtures is still not "easily" on our way to our points goal under Guidolin, even with the front-loaded schedule.

Do you read the threads or just comment on the last post without any sense of context of what we are discussing?
[Post edited 13 Oct 2016 1:32]

Login to get fewer ads

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 02:45 - Oct 13 with 1412 viewsStarsky

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 21:10 - Oct 12 by morningstar

Are you Starsk?

Yes... very positive.
The main reason is Bob comes with a reputation for getting the best out of the players.
The players are already responding in training and are clearly enjoying it. Good signs.

Although the Swansea City FC I've loved all my life has disappeared forever.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2016 2:50]

It's just the internet, init.

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 05:25 - Oct 13 with 1383 viewsjack247

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 01:26 - Oct 13 by Tummer_from_Texas

I was just arguing that - improvement in the last two games was nice and all - 4 points in 7 fixtures is still not "easily" on our way to our points goal under Guidolin, even with the front-loaded schedule.

Do you read the threads or just comment on the last post without any sense of context of what we are discussing?

It was the 21.714 points comment that let you down. That is exactly the sort of thing I would expect from someone that doesn't watch/understand games and relies solely on stats. A far lesser poster than yourself.

The basic point that Guidolin would have got us to 20 odd points by Christmas is debatable. I think he probably would have, given the upturn in performances and the fixture list easing off a bit, but I can quite understand why people wouldn't agree.
The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 05:59 - Oct 13 with 1378 viewsBarryTownSwam

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 21:49 - Oct 12 by Darran

Fair play.

.... and there are still 3 teams with a worse points/games score than us who did not have the front loaded harsh fixtures that we had ......

I had a dream - Swans are staying up, 44+ points, 12th place
The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 07:29 - Oct 13 with 1353 viewsPrivate_Partz

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 20:38 - Oct 12 by Eilian

Does it not make sense to anyone that the fact that the players are significantly happier under BB is due to the increased intensity of the training and the understanding of the value of the sports science department?

High fitness levels are integral to a successful football side.

I would take a team of players at the peak of their fitness who are highly motivated and have great team spirit over a team full of talent any day of the week. See Wales V Belgium for example. These are the FUNDAMENTALS of a good football side.

how do you think FA cup shocks happen?

If this club has lost its way in recent years then it is because of the loss of these characteristics.

The players are over the moon with the appointment of BB because he recognises these facts and also appreciates the role that the WORLD CLASS sports science department we have plays in this.........................................FACT!

Lots of assumptions being made there. Particularly the last para.
I hope we are not going into games like they are a FA Cup match looking for a surprise. We have to compete with teams in 'our league' on equal terms and expect points from them all. Btw you may have been right about Cup competitions years ago. Nowadays upsets occur because the competition is devalued and the top teams field weakened sides and over egg their omissions from the team playing on the day.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2016 7:35]

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 07:30 - Oct 13 with 1352 viewsPrivate_Partz

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 20:40 - Oct 12 by Darran

Don't upset the Frankie lovers pining their hearts away mate.

Well you have to toe the party line sitting amongst them all in the west stand ;-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 09:03 - Oct 13 with 1312 viewsWarwickHunt

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 02:45 - Oct 13 by Starsky

Yes... very positive.
The main reason is Bob comes with a reputation for getting the best out of the players.
The players are already responding in training and are clearly enjoying it. Good signs.

Although the Swansea City FC I've loved all my life has disappeared forever.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2016 2:50]

Starsky an optimist!

In other news, Donald Trump has a dodgy Barnet.
The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 09:21 - Oct 13 with 1304 viewsjasper_T

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 01:26 - Oct 13 by Tummer_from_Texas

Where did I say that you said that we showed no signs of improvement?

I'm just clarifying my initial position that you seem dead set on challenging. What other context are you imagining?
The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 09:29 - Oct 13 with 1296 viewsperchrockjack

I'm right up tight behind starksy here.

Lots of things I've loved have gone but I still here or Yma o head

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 09:48 - Oct 13 with 1280 viewsjohnlangy

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 18:31 - Oct 11 by jack247

I'm really hoping so. His record fills me with dread to be honest, but if the players are happy with him it's a massive step in the right direction

AS far as i'm aware his record at all the Clubs/National Teams he's managed has been excellent - USA, Egypt, Staebeck (?) and Le Havre.

Different levels from the PL I know but all he can do is be successful wherever he works.
The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 09:49 - Oct 13 with 1279 viewsjohnlangy

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 18:41 - Oct 11 by monmouth

As long as it aint Neil Taylor or Federico Fernandez.

It wasn't. It was a player who's opinion we would value very much.
The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 10:10 - Oct 13 with 1267 viewsdameedna

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 09:49 - Oct 13 by johnlangy

It wasn't. It was a player who's opinion we would value very much.

Careful Captain
The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 11:45 - Oct 13 with 1233 viewsjack247

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 09:48 - Oct 13 by johnlangy

AS far as i'm aware his record at all the Clubs/National Teams he's managed has been excellent - USA, Egypt, Staebeck (?) and Le Havre.

Different levels from the PL I know but all he can do is be successful wherever he works.

His record is decent, not excellent. Though it is fair to say he has probably improved most of the teams he has been at. What I was getting at is the level he has managed at and the fact that no one anywhere near PL standard has wanted to work with him. I'm worried that's more because he has been coaching at his level than the fact he is an American.

If he can keep his win rate up here though, he will be a massive success
The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 15:12 - Oct 13 with 1170 viewsPrivate_Partz

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 11:45 - Oct 13 by jack247

His record is decent, not excellent. Though it is fair to say he has probably improved most of the teams he has been at. What I was getting at is the level he has managed at and the fact that no one anywhere near PL standard has wanted to work with him. I'm worried that's more because he has been coaching at his level than the fact he is an American.

If he can keep his win rate up here though, he will be a massive success

Make no mistake. If Bob pulls this off we could be in for untold riches from across the pond.
It is one mother of a gamble thoough.

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 15:14 - Oct 13 with 1168 viewsTummer_from_Texas

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 09:21 - Oct 13 by jasper_T

Where did I say that you said that we showed no signs of improvement?

I'm just clarifying my initial position that you seem dead set on challenging. What other context are you imagining?

The context in which you seem to think I'm saying we were on a clear path to about 20 points this season.

I wasn't saying that at all. I was just refuting the claim that we were "easily" on our way to safety under Guidolin; pretty ridiculous at this point despite the improvement in our last two fixtures.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2016 15:18]

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 15:41 - Oct 13 with 1136 viewsjasper_T

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 15:14 - Oct 13 by Tummer_from_Texas

The context in which you seem to think I'm saying we were on a clear path to about 20 points this season.

I wasn't saying that at all. I was just refuting the claim that we were "easily" on our way to safety under Guidolin; pretty ridiculous at this point despite the improvement in our last two fixtures.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2016 15:18]

You yourself identified some of the reasons why our current points tally at this early point in the season is deceptive.

Guidolin would have easily kept us up. Bradley probably will too.
[Post edited 13 Oct 2016 15:42]
The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 15:47 - Oct 13 with 1127 viewsjack247

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 15:12 - Oct 13 by Private_Partz

Make no mistake. If Bob pulls this off we could be in for untold riches from across the pond.
It is one mother of a gamble thoough.

Depends what you class as success. I'd be happy if he just about kept us playing shit football and losing more often than not. Can't see that being a massive attraction to Americans, unless I'm underestimating their patriotism. Not convinced any extra revenue would be spent on players, expansion etc anyway
The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 15:59 - Oct 13 with 1116 viewsPrivate_Partz

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 15:47 - Oct 13 by jack247

Depends what you class as success. I'd be happy if he just about kept us playing shit football and losing more often than not. Can't see that being a massive attraction to Americans, unless I'm underestimating their patriotism. Not convinced any extra revenue would be spent on players, expansion etc anyway

Well a success is keeping us up initially then improving us. Have you seen the coverage we are getting stateside now? If we keep performing as we usually do i. e mid table and picking the odd big win against the top sides then I think we could benefit enormously from advertising and sporting tourism. A win against Arse and the meltdown will start over there.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024