Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... 13:04 - Oct 11 with 10632 viewsStarsky

How important to our recovery are Our fitness issues?

It's no secret that questions have been asked about Guidolins training regime, particularly this season. I read somewhere on here regarding the American tour, Guidolin was watching the Tour de France while the team was training. Even Ashley Williams had a parting shot about training at the Liberty.

Guidolin eventually had the team playing much better but we were blowing out of our arses in the 2nd halves

If Bradley ups the ante in training and the signs are looking good, maybe just maybe the Swans can play at tempo for most of the game and that should reignite our wingers form and create a chain reaction.

We played our tempo game in the first half against Liverpool. Only in the second half was Barrow brought on... when we we'd already slowed down. No wonder Barrow was largely anonymous.

Fitness and tempo could revitalise our season and make BB a hero... it will take a month or two.

Could this be all we need to rise up the table until the January transfer window opens?

Discuss?

It's just the internet, init.

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 11:21 - Oct 12 with 1867 viewsPrivate_Partz

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 21:17 - Oct 11 by Darran

Isn't it bloody awful Andrew? Thank f*ck Dr Winston banned Spratty.

So I should be banned now for my views is it? God and you tell people to act their age. School boy stuff. Grumpy Clasey can go in that category as well.
I only respond to threads and will continue to do so. If I annoy you so much the better. ;-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 12:09 - Oct 12 with 1821 viewsDarran

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 11:21 - Oct 12 by Private_Partz

So I should be banned now for my views is it? God and you tell people to act their age. School boy stuff. Grumpy Clasey can go in that category as well.
I only respond to threads and will continue to do so. If I annoy you so much the better. ;-)

No you should not be banned I haven't suggested you should be banned.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 12:21 - Oct 12 with 1800 viewsA_Fans_Dad

oops wrong thread
[Post edited 12 Oct 2016 12:24]
The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 14:09 - Oct 12 with 1721 viewsjack247

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 00:49 - Oct 12 by Treforys_Jack

Swansea is a small place and a lot of people know individuals involved at the club. Feedback is that BB has created a very good impression. Players are working harder in training than they've been asked to for a very long time and it appears BB will take no nonsense.
Think the change had to be made and I'm glad the club moved early rather than let it drift on another few weeks or even months. That saying the way FG was treated left a sour taste. I got a feeling the Americans are going to be pretty ruthless.

I have a feeling they will be a little less ruthless with Bob than his predecessor
The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 18:35 - Oct 12 with 1616 viewsPrivate_Partz

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 12:09 - Oct 12 by Darran

No you should not be banned I haven't suggested you should be banned.

Ok. It was a very odd post if you were not saying that though. Anyway back on topic eh? :-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 18:38 - Oct 12 with 1611 viewsDarran

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 18:35 - Oct 12 by Private_Partz

Ok. It was a very odd post if you were not saying that though. Anyway back on topic eh? :-)

It wasn't odd I'm just glad that tw*t Spratty isn't on here anymore.

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 18:47 - Oct 12 with 1592 viewsPrivate_Partz

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 14:09 - Oct 12 by jack247

I have a feeling they will be a little less ruthless with Bob than his predecessor

Not so sure there. Bob has a massive job on now. The indications were that we were coming out of our bad spell after a poor and late transfer window. Sorry to labour that point, but it is crucial.
We are now at the stage where, after the Aresenal game, we have to start picking up points. Anything less and we are deep in it. There can be no honeymoon period whilst any further transition takes place. We have to start delivering or the only way is down.
It would have been hard enough to appoint a successor had Frankie failed. I would suggest it is gong to be almost impossible to bring in a quality replacement for Bob if we are looking for our third manager before Christmas.
Who knows what the Yanks' next move will be if they see their investment going out the window with it"s ass on fire......
[Post edited 12 Oct 2016 18:48]

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 18:56 - Oct 12 with 1566 viewsStarsky

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 18:47 - Oct 12 by Private_Partz

Not so sure there. Bob has a massive job on now. The indications were that we were coming out of our bad spell after a poor and late transfer window. Sorry to labour that point, but it is crucial.
We are now at the stage where, after the Aresenal game, we have to start picking up points. Anything less and we are deep in it. There can be no honeymoon period whilst any further transition takes place. We have to start delivering or the only way is down.
It would have been hard enough to appoint a successor had Frankie failed. I would suggest it is gong to be almost impossible to bring in a quality replacement for Bob if we are looking for our third manager before Christmas.
Who knows what the Yanks' next move will be if they see their investment going out the window with it"s ass on fire......

"Looking to replace Bob before Christmas?"

You're not very positive are you?

It's just the internet, init.

Login to get fewer ads

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 19:03 - Oct 12 with 1547 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Love that expression "their investment going out the window with it"s ass on fire...... "
I can just see the big packet of Dollars on fire and dropping burning $1000 bills as it goes.
The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 19:04 - Oct 12 with 1546 viewsjack247

He is their boy. They got what they wanted. We're team America now.
The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 19:08 - Oct 12 with 1540 viewsPrivate_Partz

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 18:56 - Oct 12 by Starsky

We have to be on 20 points by the New Year. All I am saying is BoB has a massive job. If we crash and burn before that target is reached can you see the owners sticking with him?
On the positivity front then I have to admit I have deep concerns. That is not going to stop me giving the team and the manager my full support.
Even if it is a roaring succes I will still not hail it as superb appointment made for footbal reasons. I would still consider it a reckless appointment and they got lucky.
I feel the same way about Monk's appointment and that took a season to hit the fan. I would be more than grateful for a season's grace this time.

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 19:19 - Oct 12 with 1522 viewsjack247

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 19:08 - Oct 12 by Private_Partz

We have to be on 20 points by the New Year. All I am saying is BoB has a massive job. If we crash and burn before that target is reached can you see the owners sticking with him?
On the positivity front then I have to admit I have deep concerns. That is not going to stop me giving the team and the manager my full support.
Even if it is a roaring succes I will still not hail it as superb appointment made for footbal reasons. I would still consider it a reckless appointment and they got lucky.
I feel the same way about Monk's appointment and that took a season to hit the fan. I would be more than grateful for a season's grace this time.

Absolutely they will stick with him.

Totally agree with you though, it's not an appointment made for purely football reasons and if it works out, we will have got very lucky. Still, reports are that the players are happy and that's a big plus
The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 19:28 - Oct 12 with 1515 viewsPrivate_Partz

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 19:19 - Oct 12 by jack247

Absolutely they will stick with him.

Totally agree with you though, it's not an appointment made for purely football reasons and if it works out, we will have got very lucky. Still, reports are that the players are happy and that's a big plus

If the players are happy then it is a plus. Whether that is enough is another matter.
I still have my doubts that the Yanks will stick with him if we are well short of out survival targets.
We may get a final knee jerk reaction or they will cut heir losses and run for the hills.
The Trust have a real job on their hands in such circumstances hence I urge everyone to join up as a matter of urgency.
[Post edited 12 Oct 2016 19:40]

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 19:53 - Oct 12 with 1501 viewsjasper_T

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 19:08 - Oct 12 by Private_Partz

I don't see it as a massive job, really. He'll have to fck it up massively to not get to that point target. We were getting there easily under Guidolin.

If he has more about him than Monk we're fine.
The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 20:20 - Oct 12 with 1471 viewsPrivate_Partz

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 19:53 - Oct 12 by jasper_T

I don't see it as a massive job, really. He'll have to fck it up massively to not get to that point target. We were getting there easily under Guidolin.

Is he going to change it around? Or is he going to carry on with the same set up as FG? I suspect he is going to stamp his authority on the team.
Either way I think it is going to be very tough. If it was easy to pluck managers from obscurity to manage in this league then they would all be at it. This is the second time we have tried it and the first ended in tears althoug how we finished 8th that season I will never know. Nothing surprises me after that.
I wish I shared your optimism but I really hope you are right. :-)

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 20:38 - Oct 12 with 1321 viewsEilian

Does it not make sense to anyone that the fact that the players are significantly happier under BB is due to the increased intensity of the training and the understanding of the value of the sports science department?

High fitness levels are integral to a successful football side.

I would take a team of players at the peak of their fitness who are highly motivated and have great team spirit over a team full of talent any day of the week. See Wales V Belgium for example. These are the FUNDAMENTALS of a good football side.

how do you think FA cup shocks happen?

If this club has lost its way in recent years then it is because of the loss of these characteristics.

The players are over the moon with the appointment of BB because he recognises these facts and also appreciates the role that the WORLD CLASS sports science department we have plays in this.........................................FACT!
The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 20:40 - Oct 12 with 1317 viewsDarran

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 20:38 - Oct 12 by Eilian

Does it not make sense to anyone that the fact that the players are significantly happier under BB is due to the increased intensity of the training and the understanding of the value of the sports science department?

High fitness levels are integral to a successful football side.

I would take a team of players at the peak of their fitness who are highly motivated and have great team spirit over a team full of talent any day of the week. See Wales V Belgium for example. These are the FUNDAMENTALS of a good football side.

how do you think FA cup shocks happen?

If this club has lost its way in recent years then it is because of the loss of these characteristics.

The players are over the moon with the appointment of BB because he recognises these facts and also appreciates the role that the WORLD CLASS sports science department we have plays in this.........................................FACT!

Don't upset the Frankie lovers pining their hearts away mate.

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 20:43 - Oct 12 with 1308 viewsTummer_from_Texas

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 19:53 - Oct 12 by jasper_T

Easily how?

We've had a very front-loaded schedule no doubt, but we're currently on pace for only 22 points this season.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 21:04 - Oct 12 with 1273 viewsEilian

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 20:40 - Oct 12 by Darran

Don't upset the Frankie lovers pining their hearts away mate.

Fukc em!

Hes gone!

BB only needs moderate tactical knowledge to be successful between now and Christmas.

Its how he deals with the way the opposition managers attempts to deal with our new setup and style that will be the true test of his tactical knowledge. We are going to return to the training styles of Monk and rogers. Monk for example, had a great effect initially. But once the opo worked out what we were up to Monk failed to respond and teams contained us and picked on our weaknesses .
The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 21:10 - Oct 12 with 1261 viewsmorningstar

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 18:56 - Oct 12 by Starsky

Are you Starsk?

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 21:11 - Oct 12 with 1260 viewslonglostjack

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 20:43 - Oct 12 by Tummer_from_Texas

Easily how?

We've had a very front-loaded schedule no doubt, but we're currently on pace for only 22 points this season.

Sorry - where is the logic there?

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 21:16 - Oct 12 with 1249 viewsCooperman

Coach Bob is Sergeant Hartman, so who is (are) Private Pyle?

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 21:31 - Oct 12 with 1234 viewsEilian

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 21:16 - Oct 12 by Cooperman

Coach Bob is Sergeant Hartman, so who is (are) Private Pyle?

Trundle?
The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 21:44 - Oct 12 with 1219 viewsTummer_from_Texas

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 21:11 - Oct 12 by longlostjack

Sorry - where is the logic there?

4 points after 7 fixtures = 0.5714 points per fixture

38 fixtures X 0.5714 = 21.714 points.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 21:48 - Oct 12 with 1210 viewsDr_Winston

The rest of the season under Bob Bradley... on 21:44 - Oct 12 by Tummer_from_Texas

4 points after 7 fixtures = 0.5714 points per fixture

38 fixtures X 0.5714 = 21.714 points.

If each fixture offered an equally likely chance of points then that'd mean something.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024