Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Everton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread 11:53 - Nov 15 with 48954 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 19 Nov 2016 14:08]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Everton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 19:38 - Nov 19 with 2385 viewsplasjack

The Official Everton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 19:28 - Nov 19 by oldtownjack

Couldn't agree more mate - well said.

Yes, they used to be our bogey team, now it seems we are their bogey team.
The Official Everton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 20:43 - Nov 19 with 2178 viewsbuilthjack

Just back from the game. The support today was fantastic. Not huge in numbers, probably about a thousand there. But very noisy, loud, and 100% got behind the team. Am sure that it gave the players a lift.
We were decent first half, at one stage we put about 50-60 passes together, I haven't seen that since West Ham away last season. There was a confidence in the team.
Some of our movement off the ball, closing down, and players talking today, gave me hope that we can survive. Time will tell.
The half time break didn't do us any favours. Everton came at us second half, which was always going to happen.
Unlucky to not get 3 points.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Official Everton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 22:57 - Nov 19 with 1951 viewsTNT

The Official Everton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 20:43 - Nov 19 by builthjack

Just back from the game. The support today was fantastic. Not huge in numbers, probably about a thousand there. But very noisy, loud, and 100% got behind the team. Am sure that it gave the players a lift.
We were decent first half, at one stage we put about 50-60 passes together, I haven't seen that since West Ham away last season. There was a confidence in the team.
Some of our movement off the ball, closing down, and players talking today, gave me hope that we can survive. Time will tell.
The half time break didn't do us any favours. Everton came at us second half, which was always going to happen.

Agree mate.

Unlucky not to get all three points.

Maybe our supporters will support us on to a win next Saturday.

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

The Official Everton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 03:19 - Nov 20 with 1788 viewsOnelessstar

The Official Everton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 17:29 - Nov 19 by sully49

We need to stop giving the ball away it happened too many times today and it only gave the ball to Everton to continue attacking us. We were set up defensibly today and we coped in general and were certainly on the ropes for much of the second half but our commitment was good to see, however, we must eliminate the errors ready for the next match.

I agree.... especially in the late stages of the second half. I saw the Ki substitution as an effort to regain some composure, and to maintain some possession in the midfield. Too many hasty Swansea passes being intercepted to start yet another Everton attack. Seems too convenient to blame the Ki substitution for the late goal. Hated the late goal but appreciated the effort and organization shown.

Poll: How long before a Swansea City fan can consider themselves a "Jack"?

The Official Everton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 09:53 - Nov 20 with 1628 viewsDyfnant

The Official Everton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 03:19 - Nov 20 by Onelessstar

I agree.... especially in the late stages of the second half. I saw the Ki substitution as an effort to regain some composure, and to maintain some possession in the midfield. Too many hasty Swansea passes being intercepted to start yet another Everton attack. Seems too convenient to blame the Ki substitution for the late goal. Hated the late goal but appreciated the effort and organization shown.

Well Ki's header certainly didn't help matters

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

The Official Everton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 10:09 - Nov 20 with 1612 viewsjacabertawe

The Official Everton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 20:43 - Nov 19 by builthjack

Isn't a significant part of our problem that we sit back to absorb pressure after we have scored, but seem unable to launch a good counter attack? At some point there is a good chance that we will concede - as yesterday.

Britishness...is a political synonym for Englishness which extends English culture over the Scots, the Welsh, and the Irish. - Gwynfor Evans

The Official Everton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 14:40 - Nov 20 with 1537 viewsmonmouth

The Official Everton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 09:53 - Nov 20 by Dyfnant

Well Ki's header certainly didn't help matters

I didn't see Ki head it straight to the unmarked goalscorer mind you.

Poor substitution, but I wasn't at all surprised Everton scored somehow. We often seem to find ways to make that happen one way or another. If VDH had come on (as he should have) he'd have probably conceded a brainfart penalty like against City.....oh yeah, it wasn't Ki that gifted that away either. Amazing really given he's the cause of all our ills.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Everton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 16:01 - Nov 20 with 1481 viewsDyfnant

The Official Everton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 14:40 - Nov 20 by monmouth

I didn't see Ki head it straight to the unmarked goalscorer mind you.

Poor substitution, but I wasn't at all surprised Everton scored somehow. We often seem to find ways to make that happen one way or another. If VDH had come on (as he should have) he'd have probably conceded a brainfart penalty like against City.....oh yeah, it wasn't Ki that gifted that away either. Amazing really given he's the cause of all our ills.

Rewatch his Tayloresque header in the build up.

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Everton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 16:20 - Nov 20 with 1459 viewsmonmouth

The Official Everton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 16:01 - Nov 20 by Dyfnant

Rewatch his Tayloresque header in the build up.

Yes, and I think he's been pretty dire overall, but Amat could have headed it for a corner or towards the touchline and Fabianski could have shouted and walked out and collected it. He was certainly no more to blame than those two, and it was an exceptional finish to be fair.

Might as well blame Cork for not putting it on a plate for Sig to make it two or Amat missing the header from the corner in the first half for us not winning the game as blame Ki. As I said though, not the substitution I would have made, by any means.

The Official Everton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 16:21 - Nov 20 with 1452 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

The Official Everton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 10:09 - Nov 20 by jacabertawe

Isn't a significant part of our problem that we sit back to absorb pressure after we have scored, but seem unable to launch a good counter attack? At some point there is a good chance that we will concede - as yesterday.

It is a colossal problem. I seem to remember not so long ago we'd only adopt those sort of tactics for the last couple of minutes, and even then the entire stadium would be screaming for the side to push up.

Yet now it is ingrained in players and fans minds that adopting those sort of tactics for the entire second half is acceptable.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

The Official Everton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 16:25 - Nov 20 with 1451 viewsmonmouth

The Official Everton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 16:21 - Nov 20 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

It is a colossal problem. I seem to remember not so long ago we'd only adopt those sort of tactics for the last couple of minutes, and even then the entire stadium would be screaming for the side to push up.

Yet now it is ingrained in players and fans minds that adopting those sort of tactics for the entire second half is acceptable.

What?

Rodgers used to do it for 65 minutes.

The Official Everton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 17:27 - Nov 20 with 1405 viewsDyfnant

The Official Everton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 16:20 - Nov 20 by monmouth

Yes, and I think he's been pretty dire overall, but Amat could have headed it for a corner or towards the touchline and Fabianski could have shouted and walked out and collected it. He was certainly no more to blame than those two, and it was an exceptional finish to be fair.

Might as well blame Cork for not putting it on a plate for Sig to make it two or Amat missing the header from the corner in the first half for us not winning the game as blame Ki. As I said though, not the substitution I would have made, by any means.

Amats back was directly towards goal, Ki's at fault for heading it straight to the Everton player to get the cross in. Agree that Fabianski was poor in that passage of play.

The Official Everton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 17:48 - Nov 20 with 1382 viewskarnataka

The Official Everton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 03:19 - Nov 20 by Onelessstar

If you want to regain some composure in midfield and retain some possession, the sub coming has to be Leon not Ki. If Leon isn't starting, he should always be on the bench for that very reason. He's not the player he was but for the last 20 minutes he's have been the player we needed and I can't help thinking we'd have stood far more chance of holding out if Leon had been picking the ball up in midfield and NOT giving it away.
The Official Everton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 18:09 - Nov 20 with 1351 viewsA_Fans_Dad

The Official Everton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 17:48 - Nov 20 by karnataka

If you want to regain some composure in midfield and retain some possession, the sub coming has to be Leon not Ki. If Leon isn't starting, he should always be on the bench for that very reason. He's not the player he was but for the last 20 minutes he's have been the player we needed and I can't help thinking we'd have stood far more chance of holding out if Leon had been picking the ball up in midfield and NOT giving it away.

Leon was injured and couldn't play, according to the club.
The Official Everton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 18:33 - Nov 20 with 1324 viewskarnataka

The Official Everton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 18:09 - Nov 20 by A_Fans_Dad

Leon was injured and couldn't play, according to the club.

I know. What's your point?
The Official Everton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 19:47 - Nov 20 with 1301 viewsbarry_island

The Official Everton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 17:27 - Nov 20 by Dyfnant

Amats back was directly towards goal, Ki's at fault for heading it straight to the Everton player to get the cross in. Agree that Fabianski was poor in that passage of play.

Goals on Sunday planted the blame for the goal firmly on the shoulders of Fernandez, for trying to play offside without having any idea where the rest of the defence were.

Swansea City, THE Austerity Club.

The Official Everton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 21:47 - Nov 20 with 1244 viewsDyfnant

The Official Everton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 19:47 - Nov 20 by barry_island

Goals on Sunday planted the blame for the goal firmly on the shoulders of Fernandez, for trying to play offside without having any idea where the rest of the defence were.

Lol, perhaps it was a team effort

The Official Everton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 21:58 - Nov 20 with 1224 viewsNeathJack

I've just watched the Everton goal back for the first time. It looks to me like more a serious of unfortunate events and a very good finish from Coleman rather than any genuine mistakes.

I don't think Ki could have done much more with his header as he was struggling to get up to it. Amat arguably could have headed it out for a corner but given our record defending corners, maybe not!

The main issue I have is Fernandez looking for offside and standing there with his hand up rather than actually defending which led to him not being in place to cover the ball headed up by Amat.

It was a kick in the balls but these things happen when you're down the bottom. The key now is how we react to it.
The Official Everton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 07:12 - Nov 21 with 1116 viewskarnataka

The Official Everton FC Versus Swansea City Premier League Match Thread on 21:58 - Nov 20 by NeathJack

I've just watched the Everton goal back for the first time. It looks to me like more a serious of unfortunate events and a very good finish from Coleman rather than any genuine mistakes.

I don't think Ki could have done much more with his header as he was struggling to get up to it. Amat arguably could have headed it out for a corner but given our record defending corners, maybe not!

The main issue I have is Fernandez looking for offside and standing there with his hand up rather than actually defending which led to him not being in place to cover the ball headed up by Amat.

It was a kick in the balls but these things happen when you're down the bottom. The key now is how we react to it.

I hope the players are pissed off and angry and in the mood to take it out on Palace rather than feeling sorry for themselves.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024