Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article 18:23 - Nov 17 with 21445 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Good stuff from Phil.

http://www.espnfc.us/english-premier-league/23/blog/post/2998035/swansea-face-un

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 22:32 - Nov 17 with 1618 viewsPhil_S

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 22:29 - Nov 17 by Murph75

I find you arrogance a little disconcerting. When the club is fighting for it's very soul you appear aloof and disengaging supporters like myself.

Thank you for attempting to answer my questions. Just a shame you couldn't have been a little more dignified when doing so.

I am still surprised that you find the answers the way that you are but I can't control that bit.
Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 22:33 - Nov 17 with 1616 viewsWingstandwood

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 22:20 - Nov 17 by Loyal

My view for what it is worth is this the way it will go and very very quickly.

So the sellout low life scumbag filth demanded full retention of titles and privileges? Business as usual? It's deeply f#cking offensive and sure to create levels of hatred and unrest that will make Petty/Lewis tenure look like nothing in comparison. Hey whilst they were at it, at the same time of this obscene 'stitch-up'..... they should have given the same 'honour' to Petty and Lewis also.

I can see The North Bank Alliance getting stronger and supporter hatred increasing by every passing week! What I think I'm finding out absolutely beggars belief!!!!!!!

Argus!

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 22:33 - Nov 17 with 1610 viewsWatchman

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 21:43 - Nov 17 by Murph75

You really can't understand why people are criticising the trust? Sums it all up really.

The Trust have made mistakes, and they have admitted as much, but do not use that as the main focus of your anger/disappointment! This should be aimed at those who did and said what they did.
For those people who agreed to have all the trappings whilst shafting everyone,well the new majority owners have to show some murica bowlocks and go agst what was LEGALLY agreed
The boil has to be lanced and only the Septics can do it, if they do not then all it tells you is that this is a long term scam that wishes to dissolve the influence of the Trust

I am but a dot, but a dot that can cause an earthquake
Blog: Ignorance is not Bliss but it sure is Funny

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 22:34 - Nov 17 with 1607 viewsMurph75

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 22:32 - Nov 17 by Phil_S

I am still surprised that you find the answers the way that you are but I can't control that bit.

You're not doing yourself or the trust any favours.
Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 22:34 - Nov 17 with 1606 viewsPhil_S

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 22:31 - Nov 17 by max936

Phil, I understand that you can't go into specific's regarding January transfers, but can you say if its to your knowledge that there will be team strengthening in January in a bid to avoid relegation?

I do think that it'll probably be to late by then and I am concerned as to whether some of our "better" players will be looking for moves.

Can only say max what I/we have been told and that we will be strengthening in January and in attempt to stay up
Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 22:34 - Nov 17 with 1606 viewsNOTRAC

The positive part of this report seems to relate to the appointment of Chris Pearlman, who appears to be the bridge between the new owners and the Trust.
However could you advise whether future directors meetings have been changed from monthly to quarterly, and if so what will be the position regarding monthly management accounts.From the Trusts minutes it doesn't look as though there has been any management accounts since the July year end, and even those have still not been made available (they were promised by Jenkins in October).
There are two distinct problems here .Whilst I can see Chris Pearlman building bridges with the Trust as a supporters club, it appears that the rights of the Trust as a shareholder are being marginalised.
I would welcome your comments on this please.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 22:35 - Nov 17 with 1597 viewsmorningstar

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 22:28 - Nov 17 by Phil_S

Can I just clarify that one, are you asking if he was paid more than the figure quoted or was the figure quoted inclusive of everything?

I'm asking if the figure was inclusive of everything. Remuneration for loss of earnings, expenses, and salaries for his positions held as SD and SLO.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 22:38 - Nov 17 with 1573 viewsPhil_S

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 22:34 - Nov 17 by NOTRAC

The positive part of this report seems to relate to the appointment of Chris Pearlman, who appears to be the bridge between the new owners and the Trust.
However could you advise whether future directors meetings have been changed from monthly to quarterly, and if so what will be the position regarding monthly management accounts.From the Trusts minutes it doesn't look as though there has been any management accounts since the July year end, and even those have still not been made available (they were promised by Jenkins in October).
There are two distinct problems here .Whilst I can see Chris Pearlman building bridges with the Trust as a supporters club, it appears that the rights of the Trust as a shareholder are being marginalised.
I would welcome your comments on this please.

Future board meetings have been changed to quarterly, the next one is sometime in December

Stuart has been chasing the monthly management accounts just this afternoon as these should be available on a monthly basis as they have been in the past, he has been told these will be available

For your penultimate paragraph I completely agree and this is what we are currently trying to work around
Login to get fewer ads

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 22:38 - Nov 17 with 1569 viewsmax936

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 22:34 - Nov 17 by Phil_S

Can only say max what I/we have been told and that we will be strengthening in January and in attempt to stay up

That's at least one positive then, Thanks.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 22:39 - Nov 17 with 1567 viewsPhil_S

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 22:35 - Nov 17 by morningstar

I'm asking if the figure was inclusive of everything. Remuneration for loss of earnings, expenses, and salaries for his positions held as SD and SLO.

Yes if there were additional payments then both the club and Huw have hidden them from us
Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 22:46 - Nov 17 with 1527 viewsmorningstar

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 22:39 - Nov 17 by Phil_S

Yes if there were additional payments then both the club and Huw have hidden them from us

So Huws Salary from the club was not included then?

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 22:47 - Nov 17 with 1519 viewsPhil_S

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 22:46 - Nov 17 by morningstar

So Huws Salary from the club was not included then?

Sorry badly worded answer

My belief is that the payment we quoted was all inclusive and there is nothing on top of that
Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 22:51 - Nov 17 with 1489 viewsNOTRAC

Thank you Phil for your response.
Surely for a Premiership football club four meetings a year are not enough. Does this really mean that not only has the Trust lost on the monetary value of its shares, but also on their usefulness as a means of playing any part in the future direction of the club?
At the best there may be three meetings a year during the playing season.This is not playing fair and obviously belittles the shareholding rights of the Trust.

Poll: Has the Europa Cup been worth entering this year?

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 22:55 - Nov 17 with 1463 viewsPhil_S

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 22:51 - Nov 17 by NOTRAC

Thank you Phil for your response.
Surely for a Premiership football club four meetings a year are not enough. Does this really mean that not only has the Trust lost on the monetary value of its shares, but also on their usefulness as a means of playing any part in the future direction of the club?
At the best there may be three meetings a year during the playing season.This is not playing fair and obviously belittles the shareholding rights of the Trust.

I completely agree - forget the Premier League club part the fact that any business with our level of turnover is having just 4 board meetings a year seems madness

I'm not sure the Trust has lost the monetary value of the shares though to be honest although I know where you are coming from when you have said it

None of the deal has been anyone playing fair or caring for the part the Trust (fans) have played in getting the club to where it is.....its all really depressing sadly
Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 22:56 - Nov 17 with 1456 viewsmorningstar

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 22:47 - Nov 17 by Phil_S

Sorry badly worded answer

My belief is that the payment we quoted was all inclusive and there is nothing on top of that

It wasn't badly worded at all Phil. Because i know for a fact the figure of £38,558 was paid to Huw Cooze in expenses only. And his salary for his positions at the club were paid on top of that. If i know that, why don't you?
[Post edited 17 Nov 2016 22:57]

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 22:58 - Nov 17 with 1440 viewsPhil_S

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 22:56 - Nov 17 by morningstar

It wasn't badly worded at all Phil. Because i know for a fact the figure of £38,558 was paid to Huw Cooze in expenses only. And his salary for his positions at the club were paid on top of that. If i know that, why don't you?
[Post edited 17 Nov 2016 22:57]

I would be very interested in seeing the facts Gary but we have the sheet from the club that detailed this figure and that included his expenses and salary from the club, the salary being circa £30k and the expenses making up the remainder

Got a letter from the Chairman to confirm the same so again the proof would be interesting to see as it will mean that we will have been misled and massively so and not just by the club

This post has been edited by an administrator
Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 23:00 - Nov 17 with 1417 viewsSmellyplumz

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 22:55 - Nov 17 by Phil_S

I completely agree - forget the Premier League club part the fact that any business with our level of turnover is having just 4 board meetings a year seems madness

I'm not sure the Trust has lost the monetary value of the shares though to be honest although I know where you are coming from when you have said it

None of the deal has been anyone playing fair or caring for the part the Trust (fans) have played in getting the club to where it is.....its all really depressing sadly

A total stitch up from beginning to the end with nothing we can do, our club gone in the blink of an eye. Sad sad days.

""Although I cannot promise or predict the future, I can guarantee one thing - the current board of directors will always fight, as we have done over the last 12 years, to work together as one with the Supporters Trust to make 100% sure that Swansea City football club remains the number one priority in all our thoughts and in every decision we make."
Poll: Huw Jenkins

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 23:06 - Nov 17 with 1381 viewsmorningstar

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 22:58 - Nov 17 by Phil_S

I would be very interested in seeing the facts Gary but we have the sheet from the club that detailed this figure and that included his expenses and salary from the club, the salary being circa £30k and the expenses making up the remainder

Got a letter from the Chairman to confirm the same so again the proof would be interesting to see as it will mean that we will have been misled and massively so and not just by the club

That's good. When will it appear on the trust website seeing as the trust has received this? Surely this wouldn't be stamped "for your eyes only" would it?

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 23:09 - Nov 17 with 1360 viewsDarran

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 23:06 - Nov 17 by morningstar

That's good. When will it appear on the trust website seeing as the trust has received this? Surely this wouldn't be stamped "for your eyes only" would it?

You go first with your proof Gar. lol

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 23:09 - Nov 17 with 1359 viewsPhil_S

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 23:06 - Nov 17 by morningstar

Not at all the reality is it is a schedule that just shows total payments in each year

Basically it will show the figures as quoted in the statement. Stuart has it so I will email him now

However, I would like to know what facts you have got as per the previous post which I suspect you may have read before I edited it

Edited: Have asked Stuart about it

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 23:45 - Nov 17 with 1248 viewsmax936

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 22:58 - Nov 17 by Phil_S

Notsure we can believe anything the Chairman writes or says after the conceited way he has behaved to be honest Phil.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 23:49 - Nov 17 with 1237 viewsAngelRangelQS

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 22:34 - Nov 17 by Phil_S

Will there be a degree of realism though if we are a significant way from safety come January? I'd rather us accept our fate and go down having spent very little (albeit make some signings ready for the Championship) than blindly chuck money at what may be a lost cause by that stage in the same way that teams have done in the past?
Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 23:52 - Nov 17 with 1228 viewsMyFinalHeaven

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 21:26 - Nov 17 by Phil_S

You need to clarify involvement. We were informed it was happening but not consulted in the decision making process.

I know little of Paul bar being told he is an excellent coach and we will see a marked difference in the teams performance because of him being there. Proof will be in the team performances after compared to before...

These new owners also told us how "committed" they were to winning, how they were ready to "splurge" in the transfer market, and how they were going to take us to "the next level." As it stands, they've done precisely the opposite.

Don't trust a fvcking word they say. You know that firsthand Phil when they told you guys that they intended to work with the Trust but ended up completely reneging on that.

Levien and Kaplan are as rotten as they get. Fvcking charlatan businessmen they are.

Come on you Swans.

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 23:59 - Nov 17 with 1211 viewsbarry_island

The Pearljam appointment seems to be a filter being placed between Laurel and Hardy and us gullible riff-raff. Do the Trust have reserve players * to field for these meetings with him?

By reserve players I mean subject matter experts to fit whatever the agenda is?

Lets get them out of their comfort zone.

Swansea City, THE Austerity Club.

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 07:28 - Nov 18 with 1116 viewsPhil_S

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 23:49 - Nov 17 by AngelRangelQS

Will there be a degree of realism though if we are a significant way from safety come January? I'd rather us accept our fate and go down having spent very little (albeit make some signings ready for the Championship) than blindly chuck money at what may be a lost cause by that stage in the same way that teams have done in the past?

Yes I believe that there would be
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024