Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article 18:23 - Nov 17 with 21446 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Good stuff from Phil.

http://www.espnfc.us/english-premier-league/23/blog/post/2998035/swansea-face-un

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 21:43 - Nov 17 with 1877 viewsMurph75

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 21:30 - Nov 17 by Phil_S

Problem is you read last weeks update as the total update of what is happening - as we explained back at the very last forum, some of what happens needs to remain behind closed doors to retain the confidentiality of discussions and you cannot play everything out in the public domain.

As was accepted widely after the last forum people understood why this should be the case and will do so next week as we work through what will be the Trust input/influence into the club because - everyone needs to remember - as we stand today the voting rights stand at more than 75% for our majority owners, something that should be remembered is not the fault of the Trust so quite why the criticism is aimed at the people who are trying to work through this mess is beyond me

You really can't understand why people are criticising the trust? Sums it all up really.
Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 21:46 - Nov 17 with 1865 viewswaynekerr55

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 21:43 - Nov 17 by Murph75

You really can't understand why people are criticising the trust? Sums it all up really.

That's a bit of an obtuse statement.

They can't be criticised for being pragmatic in negotiations, nor for finding themselves below the 75% voting rights due to the actions of Gonzo, Creosote, Edward and the rest.

The HC stuff, then yeah, of course.

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 21:48 - Nov 17 with 1862 viewsPhil_S

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 21:43 - Nov 17 by Murph75

Think this but sums it up so I will say it again

as we stand today the voting rights stand at more than 75% for our majority owners, something that should be remembered is not the fault of the Trust so quite why the criticism is aimed at the people who are trying to work through this mess is beyond me

There is much that the Trust has got wrong but you seem to be looking to us for a magic solution to every problem when the reality is some people have already made part of that impossible to achieve. Its a bit like waiting in a pack of cards for an ace to go with the one you have to make a pair when someone has already played the other three.

Tell me what you would like to know
Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 21:49 - Nov 17 with 1848 viewsEilian

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 20:46 - Nov 17 by max936

"The excellent film Jack to a King" seems quite a lot of us bought that one me included, little did we realise the agenda that was behind it

Holly sh!t! Never thought of that!
Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 21:51 - Nov 17 with 1839 viewsmorningstar

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 21:40 - Nov 17 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Some intelligent fans did try pointing out what the purpose of the film was at the time.

Of course, any one who dared question Saint Huw back then was trolling.

Meanwhile, back in the real world it was slated on here from the time it was released!!!

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 21:52 - Nov 17 with 1835 viewsMurph75

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 21:48 - Nov 17 by Phil_S

Think this but sums it up so I will say it again

as we stand today the voting rights stand at more than 75% for our majority owners, something that should be remembered is not the fault of the Trust so quite why the criticism is aimed at the people who are trying to work through this mess is beyond me

There is much that the Trust has got wrong but you seem to be looking to us for a magic solution to every problem when the reality is some people have already made part of that impossible to achieve. Its a bit like waiting in a pack of cards for an ace to go with the one you have to make a pair when someone has already played the other three.

Tell me what you would like to know

Why did the trust agree that Huw Jenkins should stay in role?

What is being done to rid the directors box of ex directors on match days?

What's being done about the perks stilling being received by the likes of JVZ and Dineen.

What's happening with the planned purchase of the stadium.

What the plans for the upcoming transfer window.

How's that?
Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 21:59 - Nov 17 with 1790 viewsPhil_S

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 21:52 - Nov 17 by Murph75

What's being done about the perks stilling being received by the likes of JVZ and Dineen.

How's that?

I will do my best

I'm not sure we agreed anything, the positions were negotiated as part of the deal that saw the sale of shares take place. Even if they hadn't been the 75% voting rights referred to earlier meant that we don't need to agree it it can happen without our input thanks to the actions of others.

Happy to state that we completely disagree with this as a process as we stated at our public forum just a few weeks back. As I understand it at the moment some have agreed with the purchasers that they are entitled to these (again as part of the sale terms they agreed) so we continue to push as our view on this does not differ to yours I don't believe

Again, no secrets, we have asked the club to ensure that the tickets gained are above board. If they are being gained for example in the right way (no corners cut) with the relevant memberships then that is one thing, if they aren't then the process should stop. for the LD ones I assume you mean the tickets advertised on the BVS website, my understanding from enquiries is that these are tickets purchased by the company in the correct manner

I am afraid I have no update on that at the present moment in time

To strengthen the squad to a level where we can retain our Premier League status. I won't be discussing transfer targets or such or the level of budget available but suffice to say at the moment we have been invited to gain a greater understanding of this next week at some point but again the outcome of that particular discussion should not be placed in the public domain.

How's that?

It was very good
Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 22:01 - Nov 17 with 1780 viewsPhil_S

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 21:51 - Nov 17 by morningstar

Meanwhile, back in the real world it was slated on here from the time it was released!!!

In fairness Jack to a King was a reasonable effort, nowhere near the quality of the BBC programme but a good effort.

Shame it missed out so many key people, added some women in to make the balance and just made things up in places but that one has been done to death...
Login to get fewer ads

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 22:05 - Nov 17 with 1759 viewsSwanzay

I take it Phil that as you didn't respond to my question regarding Bob ,he has no clue who Paul was prior to his appointment, just like the rest of us?

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 22:06 - Nov 17 with 1749 viewsNeathJack

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 22:01 - Nov 17 by Phil_S

In fairness Jack to a King was a reasonable effort, nowhere near the quality of the BBC programme but a good effort.

Shame it missed out so many key people, added some women in to make the balance and just made things up in places but that one has been done to death...

And cost so much, for some reason.
Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 22:10 - Nov 17 with 1730 viewsPhil_S

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 22:05 - Nov 17 by Swanzay

I take it Phil that as you didn't respond to my question regarding Bob ,he has no clue who Paul was prior to his appointment, just like the rest of us?

Sorry I missed that question, I don't know the answer I'm afraid but I think it would probably be safe to assume that the manager didn't know him (opinion rather than fact)

As with any member of the management team, he can only be judged on results as Bob is at this moment
Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 22:10 - Nov 17 with 1729 viewsMurph75

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 21:59 - Nov 17 by Phil_S

I will do my best

I'm not sure we agreed anything, the positions were negotiated as part of the deal that saw the sale of shares take place. Even if they hadn't been the 75% voting rights referred to earlier meant that we don't need to agree it it can happen without our input thanks to the actions of others.

Happy to state that we completely disagree with this as a process as we stated at our public forum just a few weeks back. As I understand it at the moment some have agreed with the purchasers that they are entitled to these (again as part of the sale terms they agreed) so we continue to push as our view on this does not differ to yours I don't believe

Again, no secrets, we have asked the club to ensure that the tickets gained are above board. If they are being gained for example in the right way (no corners cut) with the relevant memberships then that is one thing, if they aren't then the process should stop. for the LD ones I assume you mean the tickets advertised on the BVS website, my understanding from enquiries is that these are tickets purchased by the company in the correct manner

To strengthen the squad to a level where we can retain our Premier League status. I won't be discussing transfer targets or such or the level of budget available but suffice to say at the moment we have been invited to gain a greater understanding of this next week at some point but again the outcome of that particular discussion should not be placed in the public domain.

How's that?

It was very good

After recent events I'm not sure you're best placed for condescension.

Can't find the the quote about Jenkins. Basically it did state that the trust saw no reason why Jenkins should step down even though there is growing anger towards him.

So from reading in between the lines of what you've posted the supporters trust is about as useful as a chocolate tea pot.
Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 22:11 - Nov 17 with 1727 viewsPhil_S

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 22:06 - Nov 17 by NeathJack

And cost so much, for some reason.

Well there were the thirty three takes it took to see if you really can have vodka on cornflakes...
Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 22:14 - Nov 17 with 1704 viewsDwightYorkeSuperstar

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 22:11 - Nov 17 by Phil_S

Well there were the thirty three takes it took to see if you really can have vodka on cornflakes...

I'm not sure why she thought saying that would do her aspirations of becoming a Z-list TV/Radio personality any good.

Someone at the club tried very hard to make her relevant, pointing the media in her direction for interviews or quotes around that time.

Poll: Should MP for Swansea East Carolyn Harris resign?

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 22:14 - Nov 17 with 1709 viewsPhil_S

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 22:10 - Nov 17 by Murph75

After recent events I'm not sure you're best placed for condescension.

Can't find the the quote about Jenkins. Basically it did state that the trust saw no reason why Jenkins should step down even though there is growing anger towards him.

So from reading in between the lines of what you've posted the supporters trust is about as useful as a chocolate tea pot.

Ever get the damned if you do, damned if you don't position, I answered the questions you asked, nothing more, nothing less

If you can find the quote then I would like to see it definitely

Is the Supporters Trust useful? Yes, totally and still own 21% of the football club that has a significant part to play and monetary value. Does our vote count? Not really but I've done that twice already
Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 22:15 - Nov 17 with 1300 viewsmax936

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 21:40 - Nov 17 by DwightYorkeSuperstar

Some intelligent fans did try pointing out what the purpose of the film was at the time.

Of course, any one who dared question Saint Huw back then was trolling.

Is that a dig at me and others or just me ?

Lots of people I've spoke to bought into it and lots of those people are deemed to be intelligent, I myself did question on here as to why important people who had massively contributed to where we were at the time of the film coming out were not mentioned in the Film both Managers and people who had worked tirelessly to turn the club around.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 22:16 - Nov 17 with 1294 viewsWingstandwood

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 21:59 - Nov 17 by Phil_S

I will do my best

How's that?

It was very good

Not having any go at you (or SCST) whatsoever just being inquisitive about previous decision making/ruling the Trust had absolutely no involvement with.

Quote: "What is being done to rid the directors box of ex directors on match days?

Happy to state that we completely disagree with this as a process as we stated at our public forum just a few weeks back. As I understand it at the moment some have agreed with the purchasers that they are entitled to these (again as part of the sale terms they agreed) so we continue to push as our view on this does not differ to yours I don't believe".

So basically despite selling their shares in the most conniving, underhand, dirty, despicable and shameless of ways? The sell-outs have engineered for themselves terms and conditions where they can hold the title director or retain (for life?) director privilege? And the Trust is powerless to stop it?

If so? The organisation The North Bank Alliance is going to be on the warpath in the near future and I'd guess using 'non-diplomatic-Protest(s)'???

Argus!

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 22:17 - Nov 17 with 1283 viewsmax936

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 21:49 - Nov 17 by Eilian

Holly sh!t! Never thought of that!

Don't you start

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 22:20 - Nov 17 with 1257 viewsLoyal

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 22:16 - Nov 17 by Wingstandwood

Not having any go at you (or SCST) whatsoever just being inquisitive about previous decision making/ruling the Trust had absolutely no involvement with.

Quote: "What is being done to rid the directors box of ex directors on match days?

Happy to state that we completely disagree with this as a process as we stated at our public forum just a few weeks back. As I understand it at the moment some have agreed with the purchasers that they are entitled to these (again as part of the sale terms they agreed) so we continue to push as our view on this does not differ to yours I don't believe".

So basically despite selling their shares in the most conniving, underhand, dirty, despicable and shameless of ways? The sell-outs have engineered for themselves terms and conditions where they can hold the title director or retain (for life?) director privilege? And the Trust is powerless to stop it?

If so? The organisation The North Bank Alliance is going to be on the warpath in the near future and I'd guess using 'non-diplomatic-Protest(s)'???

My view for what it is worth is this the way it will go and very very quickly.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 22:21 - Nov 17 with 1250 viewsPhil_S

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 22:16 - Nov 17 by Wingstandwood

I think it is the latter of the two, nobody has bestowed the title director on them but we have been informed that there have been directors box privileges agreed between the majority owners and some sellers (am yet to discover if this is all)

As for powerless to stop it, that remains really to be seen as we have raised the concerns and the recommended remedies, if they are ignored then I guess the answer sadly has to be yes

I guess its only right to add that both HJ and MM are directors in their own right due to their retaining shareholding
Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 22:25 - Nov 17 with 1234 viewsswancity

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 22:14 - Nov 17 by Phil_S

Ever get the damned if you do, damned if you don't position, I answered the questions you asked, nothing more, nothing less

Is the Supporters Trust useful? Yes, totally and still own 21% of the football club that has a significant part to play and monetary value. Does our vote count? Not really but I've done that twice already

With the fighting spirit and determination of an earth worm, the Trust are too weak to do anything. I think theyre history for many reasons but any credibility they had has gone. May be gone for good.

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 22:25 - Nov 17 with 1234 viewsmorningstar

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 22:14 - Nov 17 by Phil_S

I have a question too ask if if i may Phil. Can you confirm that that the £38558 that Huw Cooze received in payment from SCFC during the 2015/16 season was for remuneration for loss of earnings, and expenses only, or was his his salary as SD and SLO paid on top of that figure? Because i have been informed that the two are separate?

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 22:28 - Nov 17 with 1216 viewsPhil_S

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 22:25 - Nov 17 by morningstar

I have a question too ask if if i may Phil. Can you confirm that that the £38558 that Huw Cooze received in payment from SCFC during the 2015/16 season was for remuneration for loss of earnings, and expenses only, or was his his salary as SD and SLO paid on top of that figure? Because i have been informed that the two are separate?

Can I just clarify that one, are you asking if he was paid more than the figure quoted or was the figure quoted inclusive of everything?
Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 22:29 - Nov 17 with 1202 viewsMurph75

I find you arrogance a little disconcerting. When the club is fighting for it's very soul you appear aloof and disengaging supporters like myself.

Thank you for attempting to answer my questions. Just a shame you couldn't have been a little more dignified when doing so.
Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 22:31 - Nov 17 with 1190 viewsmax936

Phil Sumbler speaks of betrayal, hope in ESPN article on 22:21 - Nov 17 by Phil_S

I think it is the latter of the two, nobody has bestowed the title director on them but we have been informed that there have been directors box privileges agreed between the majority owners and some sellers (am yet to discover if this is all)

As for powerless to stop it, that remains really to be seen as we have raised the concerns and the recommended remedies, if they are ignored then I guess the answer sadly has to be yes

I guess its only right to add that both HJ and MM are directors in their own right due to their retaining shareholding

Phil, I understand that you can't go into specific's regarding January transfers, but can you say if its to your knowledge that there will be team strengthening in January in a bid to avoid relegation?

I do think that it'll probably be to late by then and I am concerned as to whether some of our "better" players will be looking for moves.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024